FANDOM

(Use move page)
m (Removing redlinks.)

Line 2: Line 2:

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ -->

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ -->
I can't find any reference on how to rename a page. For example, I have one [[Environmental Summer Camps]] - I would like to make it Long Island Environmental Summer Camps, so that I can fit it into a geographically organized database.
+
I can't find any reference on how to rename a page. For example, I have one Environmental Summer Camps - I would like to make it Long Island Environmental Summer Camps, so that I can fit it into a geographically organized database.

How do I change the name? Is it best just to create a new page and cut/paste, then delete the old page? Thanks! [[User:Cassabel|Cassabel]] 04:09, 25 September 2008 (UTC)

How do I change the name? Is it best just to create a new page and cut/paste, then delete the old page? Thanks! [[User:Cassabel|Cassabel]] 04:09, 25 September 2008 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 16:37, May 23, 2016

Forums: Index Help desk Changing page/article name
FANDOM's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

50px-Replacement filing cabinet.svg

Note: This topic has been unedited for 1528 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I can't find any reference on how to rename a page. For example, I have one Environmental Summer Camps - I would like to make it Long Island Environmental Summer Camps, so that I can fit it into a geographically organized database.

How do I change the name? Is it best just to create a new page and cut/paste, then delete the old page? Thanks! Cassabel 04:09, 25 September 2008 (UTC)

We have an outline of the move page process (near the bottom) that might be helpful (ignore the VimTipNumber stuff which applies only to our wiki). Knowing that it's "Move" would probably allow you to find it in the Wikia help pages. --JohnBeckett 11:43, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.