Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 7: Line 7:

::I think it ''may'' be possible with [[Help:Protect site]]. [[User:Manyman|'''<span style="color:#383838;">Manyman</span>''']] [[User Talk:Manyman|<sup>'''<span style="color:#383838;">Talk</span>'''</sup>]] 12:09, May 20, 2010 (UTC)

::I think it ''may'' be possible with [[Help:Protect site]]. [[User:Manyman|'''<span style="color:#383838;">Manyman</span>''']] [[User Talk:Manyman|<sup>'''<span style="color:#383838;">Talk</span>'''</sup>]] 12:09, May 20, 2010 (UTC)

:::No, it is not possible to protect an entire namespace, and Special:Protectsite won't do it either. [[User:Ajraddatz|Ajraddatz]] <sub>[[User Talk:Ajraddatz|Talk]]</sub> 18:29, May 20, 2010 (UTC)

:::No, it is not possible to protect an entire namespace, and Special:Protectsite won't do it either. [[User:Ajraddatz|Ajraddatz]] <sub>[[User Talk:Ajraddatz|Talk]]</sub> 18:29, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
  +
::::If you block the user then maybe they won't have the ability to get in the forum. <span style="border:2px solid black;-moz-border-radius:8px"><big>'''[[User:PacBoyCraZ|<span style="color:red;">Tommy</span>]]'''</big> <sup>[[User talk:PacBoyCraZ|<span style="color:orange;">'''talk page'''</span>]]</sup></span> 19:12, May 20, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:12, 20 May 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Can you protect an entire Forum?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5083 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

We are looking at setting up an all Admin forum on our wiki in order to talk about subjects in a group that have to do with site maintenance. I was wondering whether or not there was some form of cascading protection so that you do not have to go through and protect every single page as soon as it is posted? - Regards, Gaelen S.Talk Contribs 05:44, May 20, 2010 (UTC)

I don't think it's possible, regardless, it's a bad idea. Wikis are open. Administrators are not "superusers", they are merely trusted with the delete, block and protect tools. All discussion should be open to the whole community. Ose TalkContribs 10:39, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
I think it may be possible with Help:Protect site. Manyman Talk 12:09, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
No, it is not possible to protect an entire namespace, and Special:Protectsite won't do it either. Ajraddatz Talk 18:29, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
If you block the user then maybe they won't have the ability to get in the forum. Tommy talk page 19:12, May 20, 2010 (UTC)