Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum CSS/JS help: Era icons, Games icons, etc.
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4876 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Before the great Monaco/Oasis switch I had a nice little feature on the wiki I work on: I had a template that would place a small div box next to the article title with some links to related content portals in it. I made it work with some CSS and JS and that way it would matter where I would place the template in the article, it would always position the box next to the article title (similar to what they have on two of my favorite other wikis: the era icons on Wookieepedia and the games icons on the Vault). It was part of a major navigation layer I was planning for the wiki before Oasis hit the fan.

Now I would like to recreate what I had for Oasis. I know Wookieepedia and the Vault already nailed their icons for Oasis and what I could try and do is duplicate their code for my wiki. Well, I tried and I couldn't make it work. I might understand some CSS, but I'm no expert and a total JS nitwit. The main difference between my template and that of the other two wikis is that I want an actual div that contains text and not 'only' a series of images, although I don't know if that matters.

So, what I would like to have is a template (backed with JS) that creates a div at the top of the article, no matter where the template is placed in the article. It should be possible to modify the appearance/content of the div with parameters. It should be similar to what the Vault has, but with images and text above the line.

This is the template that used to work with Monaco: Titlebox. I've placed the whole thing between noinclude tags since it doesn't work currently. I might have to change the appearance to make it match with Oasis and to make it full width and not only 'next to the title'. I already removed some of the code on the CSS and JS pages.

Can anybody help me and/or point me in the right direction? Many thanks! BramTalk/IGW 12:52, December 13, 2010 (UTC)