Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 7: Line 7:

Forgive me for bumping this, but the issue still hasn't been resolved. I as well as a couple other users mentioned in #wikia that this was a problem, and we talked to Sannse about it, but she told us that she knew nothing about it and we should either send something to the mailing list or the forums. If anyone can fix the CGI gateway to display the real IP or hostmask in the realnames again, it would be greatly appreciated. --[[User:Starnestommy|Starnestommy]] 01:19, 25 January 2008 (UTC)

Forgive me for bumping this, but the issue still hasn't been resolved. I as well as a couple other users mentioned in #wikia that this was a problem, and we talked to Sannse about it, but she told us that she knew nothing about it and we should either send something to the mailing list or the forums. If anyone can fix the CGI gateway to display the real IP or hostmask in the realnames again, it would be greatly appreciated. --[[User:Starnestommy|Starnestommy]] 01:19, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
  +
  +
:Is it ok now? -- [[User:Ppiotr|Nef]] <staff /> ([[User talk:Ppiotr|talk]]) 19:47, 26 January 2008 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:47, 26 January 2008

Forums: Index Help desk CGI:IRC realnames don't display real hostmasks
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5928 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

For some reason, the CGI:IRC gateway no longer shows the user's real hostname in the realname field. Because several channels use this field for banning specific CGI users and because it can also be used to tell if someone's using a proxy, the CGI gateway should display the real host in the user's realname field. --Starnestommy 07:43, 29 December 2007 (UTC)

Nef upgraded the gateway recently, so it's probably related to that. -- Manticore (talk) 18:17, 29 December 2007 (UTC)

Forgive me for bumping this, but the issue still hasn't been resolved. I as well as a couple other users mentioned in #wikia that this was a problem, and we talked to Sannse about it, but she told us that she knew nothing about it and we should either send something to the mailing list or the forums. If anyone can fix the CGI gateway to display the real IP or hostmask in the realnames again, it would be greatly appreciated. --Starnestommy 01:19, 25 January 2008 (UTC)

Is it ok now? -- Nef (talk) 19:47, 26 January 2008 (UTC)