Community Central
Community Central
(add info)
(added link to sonic news network)
Line 3: Line 3:

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->
I have a hell of a lot of subpages over at the SNN. I would like some help in running a bot through my account so that it automatically transfers all my subpages to each wiki I visit, redirects and all, along with adding what is currently on my userpage at the moment, welcoming self and all that malarkey.--[[User:Launchballer|The prefessional launchballer]] is [http://theduchyofeffenhauerjunior.com The Duchy of Effenhauer Junior] and is [[Special:PrefixIndex/User:Launchballer|very resourceful]]. 09:14, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
+
I have a hell of a lot of subpages over at the [http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_News_Network SNN]. I would like some help in running a bot through my account so that it automatically transfers all my subpages to each wiki I visit, redirects and all, along with adding what is currently on my userpage at the moment, welcoming self and all that malarkey.--[[User:Launchballer|The prefessional launchballer]] is [http://theduchyofeffenhauerjunior.com The Duchy of Effenhauer Junior] and is [[Special:PrefixIndex/User:Launchballer|very resourceful]]. 09:14, 6 June 2009 (UTC)

:Hi there! If you want help, you need to provide a link to the wiki you're talking about (assuming you're talking about a wiki of course; I'm not sure at this stage). To make sure you can get help from people who do indeed run bots (I'm not one of them), you should contact them on their talk page. Here are a few people who run bots:

:Hi there! If you want help, you need to provide a link to the wiki you're talking about (assuming you're talking about a wiki of course; I'm not sure at this stage). To make sure you can get help from people who do indeed run bots (I'm not one of them), you should contact them on their talk page. Here are a few people who run bots:

Revision as of 15:04, 8 June 2009

Forums: Index Help desk Bots and subpage transfers
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5429 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I have a hell of a lot of subpages over at the SNN. I would like some help in running a bot through my account so that it automatically transfers all my subpages to each wiki I visit, redirects and all, along with adding what is currently on my userpage at the moment, welcoming self and all that malarkey.--The prefessional launchballer is The Duchy of Effenhauer Junior and is very resourceful. 09:14, 6 June 2009 (UTC)

Hi there! If you want help, you need to provide a link to the wiki you're talking about (assuming you're talking about a wiki of course; I'm not sure at this stage). To make sure you can get help from people who do indeed run bots (I'm not one of them), you should contact them on their talk page. Here are a few people who run bots:
Hope this helps, Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 10:33, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for that. I'll contact them later.--The prefessional launchballer is The Duchy of Effenhauer Junior and is very resourceful. 07:40, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Any time. Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 08:01, 7 June 2009 (UTC)

What you want is apparently on the list of features to come out from the wwt (User:Wikia) soon (it's not a priority) that a lot of people (including myself) are waiting for. However, I know the User:Dantman uses exactly the thing you are looking for so I highly recommend talking to him. To be honest, I probably have it someone sitting in his fork, but I haven't checked. Cheers! ~Joey~ ^Talk^ 10:09, 7 June 2009 (UTC)

See User:Dantman/Pywikipediabot/Dantman-UserClone-Bot.py, it's an old script but you should be able to modify it to work for yourself. Personally I'm actually planning to stop using the script for the most part. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) (tricks) (current topic) Jun 8, 2009 @ 05:15 (UTC)
So I've replaced the three uses of "Dantman" with "Launchballer". Any thing else I need to do? And where should I put it?--The prefessional launchballer is The Duchy of Effenhauer Junior and is very resourceful. 14:58, 8 June 2009 (UTC)