Community Central
Register
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary

(4 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:

:To me it seems like that someone forgot to [[assume good faith]]; it's one of the most important wiki principles in my opinion. Also, full protection of the main page [[Help:Main Page|is usually considered very harmful]], since it prevents all kinds of constructive edits. I'm quite sure the protection wasn't done in accordance with [[protection|Wikia's protection policy]]. If there is a reason to fully protect the main page, it should be mentioned in the "reason" field. --[[User:Jack Phoenix|Jack Phoenix]] <sub>([[User talk:Jack Phoenix|Contact]])</sub> 19:11, 19 August 2007 (UTC)

:To me it seems like that someone forgot to [[assume good faith]]; it's one of the most important wiki principles in my opinion. Also, full protection of the main page [[Help:Main Page|is usually considered very harmful]], since it prevents all kinds of constructive edits. I'm quite sure the protection wasn't done in accordance with [[protection|Wikia's protection policy]]. If there is a reason to fully protect the main page, it should be mentioned in the "reason" field. --[[User:Jack Phoenix|Jack Phoenix]] <sub>([[User talk:Jack Phoenix|Contact]])</sub> 19:11, 19 August 2007 (UTC)

+
:That's an unexpected reaction to such an edit. It would be better to have found a compromise by writing something like "Nintendopedia, the Nintendo Wiki" instead of preventing that discussion by blocking you! Dantman has left a message for Erik42 on that wiki and I've lowered the protection on the main page. [[User:Angela|Angela]]<staff /> ([[User talk:Angela|talk]]) 23:13, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
::I've pointed out the mistakes he's made on his talk page and gave him some recomendations. We'll see how he responds to pointers from a Central Sysop. Generally attacking one is a bad thing to do. ^_^ Don't you love psychological games. Let's list out possible mindsets?

+
* Response: Accepting the pointers and following the recomendations; Mindset: Admin accepting of help and there to aid the community. (Good Admin)

+
From what I've read over at the Nintendopedia or Nintendo Wiki or whatever it's being called these days, The admin over there thinks he owns the entire wiki and bans everyone who doesn't agree with him. On top of that he admits to not being very active and yet refuses help. He is being somewhat rude however i don't think Richard1990 was particularly polite when requesting adminship and to be honest, I wouldn't have given adminship to anyone who asks anyway. <span style="border: 1px solid #888; padding: 1px">'''[[User:WillSWC|<span style="color:#6f6f6f;background-color:#eee;">Will</span>]][[User_talk:WillSWC|<span style="color:#6f6f6f;background-color:#eee;">SWC</span>]]'''</span> 18:08, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
* Response: Rejecting the pointers and ''attacking'' the one making them; Mindset: Dominant administrator thinking they own the wiki and everyone should follow what they want. (Bad Administrator, sometimes demoted by community vote)

+
:~<span style="font-weight: bold;" title="Dantman does not work for Wikia">NOTASTAFF</span> [[User:Dantman|Daniel Friesen]]<small> (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire)</small> <sup>([[User_talk:Dantman|talk]])</sup> <small>[[User:Dantman/Tricks|(tricks)]] [[Forum:Wiki and Fansubbing Groups|(current topic)]]</small> <small>Aug 20, 2007 <sub>@</sub> 02:03 <sup>(UTC)</sup></small>

+
:One thing i think i should mention is that theses days, most english wikis doesn't care about that protection policy and that when i email Wikia about it, the reply i got was that local community could decide to make their own policy or so.
  +
:But when there's no community... — [[User:TulipVorlax|Tulip]][[User talk:TulipVorlax|Vorlax]] 19:14, December 29, 2009 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 19:14, 29 December 2009

Forums: Index Help desk Blocked
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5201 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm really sorry about posting this here but I have a complaint against an admin. On the Nintendo Wiki/Nintendopedia, whatever its called now, I changed the Main Page from "Welcome to Nintendopedia" to "Welcome to the Nintendo Wiki", seen here. Now this was in June 11, 2007. Just today, I have learned I've been blocked for one month due to this edit, and the admin of the wiki has perm protected the main page, allowing it to be only edited by admins despite little activity on the wiki. I'm fairly angry over this, due to past small issues with the admin and the fact that my last edit on the wiki was on June 23 and that none of my previous edits were vandalism but were instead focused on improving the wiki.

Again, I'm really sorry for bringing this up here but I didn't know what else to do. I left a message on my talk page on the wiki, though that's pretty much all I could do. If I could be unblocked would be the nicest thing and maybe tell the admin how to properly care for a wiki. Sorry all.--Richard 17:44, 19 August 2007 (UTC)

To me it seems like that someone forgot to assume good faith; it's one of the most important wiki principles in my opinion. Also, full protection of the main page is usually considered very harmful, since it prevents all kinds of constructive edits. I'm quite sure the protection wasn't done in accordance with Wikia's protection policy. If there is a reason to fully protect the main page, it should be mentioned in the "reason" field. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 19:11, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
That's an unexpected reaction to such an edit. It would be better to have found a compromise by writing something like "Nintendopedia, the Nintendo Wiki" instead of preventing that discussion by blocking you! Dantman has left a message for Erik42 on that wiki and I've lowered the protection on the main page. Angela (talk) 23:13, 20 August 2007 (UTC)

From what I've read over at the Nintendopedia or Nintendo Wiki or whatever it's being called these days, The admin over there thinks he owns the entire wiki and bans everyone who doesn't agree with him. On top of that he admits to not being very active and yet refuses help. He is being somewhat rude however i don't think Richard1990 was particularly polite when requesting adminship and to be honest, I wouldn't have given adminship to anyone who asks anyway. WillSWC 18:08, 21 August 2007 (UTC)

One thing i think i should mention is that theses days, most english wikis doesn't care about that protection policy and that when i email Wikia about it, the reply i got was that local community could decide to make their own policy or so.
But when there's no community... — TulipVorlax 19:14, December 29, 2009 (UTC)