Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
Line 28: Line 28:

Wikia does have a global level blacklist system for preventing content from being saved, but its not accessible to admins. Its for Staff and VSTF to prevent spam and vandalism that is hitting multiple wikis from different IPs, not for admins to prevent "bad words". --[[User:Uberfuzzy|Uberfuzzy]]<staff /> 06:18, May 22, 2011 (UTC)

Wikia does have a global level blacklist system for preventing content from being saved, but its not accessible to admins. Its for Staff and VSTF to prevent spam and vandalism that is hitting multiple wikis from different IPs, not for admins to prevent "bad words". --[[User:Uberfuzzy|Uberfuzzy]]<staff /> 06:18, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
:I think Bermuda may have been asking about [[mw:Extension:TitleBlacklist]] and its associated MediaWiki namespace file structure (e.g., MediaWiki:Titleblacklist, MediaWiki:Titleblacklist/log, MediaWiki:Titleblacklist-xxxx-xxxx, etc.). There is also [[mw:Extension:Blacklist]], which is about restricting access to certain pages. Finally, there is [[mw:Extension:SpamBlacklist]], but I think that this is covered Wikia wide by Wikia’s anti-spam tools. — '''[[w:c:admintools:User:SpikeToronto|<font color="#DC143C" face="Garamond" size="3">Spike</font>]][[w:c:admintools:User talk:SpikeToronto|<font color="#000000" face="Garamond" size="3">Toronto</font>]]''' 21:28, May 24, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 21:28, 24 May 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Blacklist
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4713 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello there! I've seen other Wikis have a MediaWiki:Blacklist, but I'm entirely not sure of its actual use. Can you please explain it to me. Also, I'd like to use one. And try not to lead me to Help Wikia. Usually, they just confuse me even more. :P They really need to explain some Help contents in very good details (isn't that the point of "Help"?). Hehe. :)

Bermuda Contact Me! 01:09, May 21, 2011 (UTC)

Hello,
The blacklist extension restricts access to specified pages by adding a robust blacklist option to MediaWiki. In other words its a restricted access for page views for certain users. You can request it using Special:Contact.--Andrew Schlieffen (talk · contr) 03:26, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
I'm not seeing any wikis anywhere with a "MediaWiki:Blacklist" page. Can you be more specific? Also keep in mind, that not every things you see on Wikipedia is the same on Wikia, even if it uses the same pagename. --Uberfuzzy 09:42, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Wikipedia doesn't have the 'blacklist' extension either. We're you refering to "MediaWiki:Blacklistedusername"?
-- nobody cares   SongpediaFamily  Band  Chat  Contribs   09:49, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Theres 2 likely answers: there is a wiki level blacklist for URLs, and one for pagenames. The one for URLs only blocks at the domain level (i think, i might be wrong), and the pagename one is a much much simplified version of MW's title blacklist. it ONLY blocks pagenames, not username creations or any of that other fancy stuff. --Uberfuzzy 09:52, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Anything in particular with Blacklists is fine with me. As long as it gets me where I can block out sites and certain words. Though, I'm more suited going for blacklisted words (ooh darn profanities). D: Sorry for the confusion. <:D
Bermuda Contact Me! 00:53, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
You cannot blacklist certain words. The blacklist is only for stopping certain pages or items from appearing in places. There is a category blacklist and photo black list according to the help wiki.--GodPray  01:31,5/22/2011 
What a bummer. They should make one - suggestions? Suggestions? ^.^ Though, I still want to know how to operate one. :D
Bermuda Contact Me! 02:42, May 22, 2011 (UTC)

Wikia does have a global level blacklist system for preventing content from being saved, but its not accessible to admins. Its for Staff and VSTF to prevent spam and vandalism that is hitting multiple wikis from different IPs, not for admins to prevent "bad words". --Uberfuzzy 06:18, May 22, 2011 (UTC)

I think Bermuda may have been asking about mw:Extension:TitleBlacklist and its associated MediaWiki namespace file structure (e.g., MediaWiki:Titleblacklist, MediaWiki:Titleblacklist/log, MediaWiki:Titleblacklist-xxxx-xxxx, etc.). There is also mw:Extension:Blacklist, which is about restricting access to certain pages. Finally, there is mw:Extension:SpamBlacklist, but I think that this is covered Wikia wide by Wikia’s anti-spam tools. — SpikeToronto 21:28, May 24, 2011 (UTC)