Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
m (Removing redlinks.)
Tag: apiedit

(7 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:

:Personally I don't dislike the new feature in general, but the slideshow frame seems '''unnecessarily large''' when I read through a small window. Kind of annoying indeed. {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig|02:04, July 19, 2012 (UTC)}}

:Personally I don't dislike the new feature in general, but the slideshow frame seems '''unnecessarily large''' when I read through a small window. Kind of annoying indeed. {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig|02:04, July 19, 2012 (UTC)}}
  +
  +
::Me too, it's also now really confusing how to get to the file page, when you're choosing between "more info", "full size image", or clicking on the title of the file. I also find it less reliable than the old lightbox as it gives you the infinite throbbing of doom much more often--[[User:Acer4666|<span style="color:#CC2200;">Category:Acer4666</span>]] 02:15, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::If you "right click" and open in a new TAB you get just the image in its full resolution, although not the image-file page.--[[User:Sxerks|Sxerks]] ([[User talk:Sxerks|talk]]) 02:22, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
Here's a simple JS fix which you can put in your wikia.js (it would violate the TOU to load it sitewide) to make it go straight to the File: page when you click on an image in oasis:
  +
<source lang="javascript">
  +
if (skin == 'oasis') {
  +
$('.image').each(function() {
  +
$(this).attr('href', wgServer + wgArticlePath.replace('$1', 'File:' + encodeURIComponent( $(this).attr('data-image-name') ) ) );
  +
});
  +
  +
if (LightboxLoader.handleClick) {
  +
delete LightboxLoader.handleClick;
  +
}
  +
}
  +
</source>
  +
{{User:Matthew2602/sig}} 11:57, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:I was in the middle of several uploads when this was updated... Uploads now take significantly longer time to upload and the view mode is horrendous. I really hope that you guys give us the option to revert back because honestly this is like a horrid facebook style image viewer. I would rather view a single image without the slideshow/dropdown at the bottom/top taking up the image view. Or at least give us an option to how we view the image through our preferences. <span style="background-color:Black; border:3px ridge Gray;">[[File:Sephy L.png|40px]]'''''[[User:True Sephiroth|<span style="color:Gold;">True</span>]]''''' ''[[User talk:True Sephiroth|<span style="color:Silver;">Sephiroth</span>]]''[[File:Sephy R.png|40px]]</span> 20:25, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::Yes, it's absolutely horrible. And yes, wikia is going to completely ignore this and keep it just as they did with the rest of their horrible decisions. --{{User:IcecreamKitten/sig}} 20:36, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::I was not aware of this thread at the time I wrote my own script for this. Anyways, my version of "kill image lightbox" can be found at [[User:Mathmagician/killImageLightbox.js]], if anybody wants to use it in their personal user scripts. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|07:32 UTC|Mon|06 August 2012}}

Latest revision as of 14:20, 19 May 2016

Forums: Index Support Requests Annoying Image Viewer
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2892 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello, I am Rocketslime_1_1 from the Nintendo Wiki. Recently the image viewer on the wiki has changed, it now displays all the images as a kind of slideshow. I assume that is most likely because of the Media-Wiki upgrade. Is there any way to change it back to the way it was before?  Rocketslime_1_1  Talk  Wall  Contribs  01:43,7/19/2012 

Yes, Wikia made changes to the lightbox and those changes can be seen on wikis with 1.19. Changing it back isn't a practical option, sorry. The 888th Avatar (talk) 01:46, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Personally I don't dislike the new feature in general, but the slideshow frame seems unnecessarily large when I read through a small window. Kind of annoying indeed.  Cafeinlove msg 02:04, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Me too, it's also now really confusing how to get to the file page, when you're choosing between "more info", "full size image", or clicking on the title of the file. I also find it less reliable than the old lightbox as it gives you the infinite throbbing of doom much more often--Category:Acer4666 02:15, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
If you "right click" and open in a new TAB you get just the image in its full resolution, although not the image-file page.--Sxerks (talk) 02:22, July 19, 2012 (UTC)

Here's a simple JS fix which you can put in your wikia.js (it would violate the TOU to load it sitewide) to make it go straight to the File: page when you click on an image in oasis:

if (skin == 'oasis') {
    $('.image').each(function() {
        $(this).attr('href', wgServer + wgArticlePath.replace('$1', 'File:' + encodeURIComponent( $(this).attr('data-image-name') ) ) );
    });

if (LightboxLoader.handleClick) {
        delete LightboxLoader.handleClick;
    }
}

User:Matthew2602/sig 11:57, July 19, 2012 (UTC)

I was in the middle of several uploads when this was updated... Uploads now take significantly longer time to upload and the view mode is horrendous. I really hope that you guys give us the option to revert back because honestly this is like a horrid facebook style image viewer. I would rather view a single image without the slideshow/dropdown at the bottom/top taking up the image view. Or at least give us an option to how we view the image through our preferences. Sephy LTrue SephirothSephy R 20:25, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, it's absolutely horrible. And yes, wikia is going to completely ignore this and keep it just as they did with the rest of their horrible decisions. --IK Talk 20:36, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
I was not aware of this thread at the time I wrote my own script for this. Anyways, my version of "kill image lightbox" can be found at User:Mathmagician/killImageLightbox.js, if anybody wants to use it in their personal user scripts. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 07:32 UTC, Mon, 06 August 2012