Community Central
Register
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Admin can't edit other admin's userpage
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4694 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.
Leave Message

Leave message on a userpage

Warning

Warning when I click edit under leave message.

I am an admin on the http://legopiratesthevideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity. It will not let me add the admin userbox to another admin's page. I have admin and rollback. The userpages are protected but it won't let me edit the userpages. This is happening on all of the admin protected userpages. Is this a glitch or do I have to be a bur to edit the userpages?--KatBlueDog Hiya! 14:59, May 22, 2011 (UTC)

This was an extention that Wikia was trying out, I got it on another wiki. What it does is that it means that nobody apart from the user can edit the page. If you contact Fandom Staff - they can probably turn it off for you RandomTime 15:04, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
RandomTime isn't that the new wiki userpage layout? Many wiki has them like the Assassin's Creed, Glee, etc... You cannot generally edit another users' userpage and you can see your edit count globally.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  15:08,5/22/2011 
I am sending a contact wikia. Thank you for the replies. --KatBlueDog Hiya! 15:08, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
FF: If it is, I'm very disappointed, sysops at the very least should be able to edit pages at will RandomTime 15:17, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah I agree. There are some new users who have troubles organising their userpages, and sysop should atleast be powerful enough to help them by organising it themselves.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  15:25,5/22/2011 
This is indeed intentional, and quite stupid. A user can troll other users with their userpage, and admins are helpless to stop it - AFAIK, no editing means no rollback, and certainly no undo.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  15:33,5/22/2011 
yep i think its stupid becaue im trying to post restricted code userboxes without revealing the code
AdminRankNameonfireTalkSpecial:Editcount/Tama63 Edits 15:34, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
"without revealing the code"
You do realize you're editing a wiki, right? RandomTime 15:45, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Moncho: Okay I'm getting lost in the conversation now. The restriction of other users' user page editing means troll also cannot edit them, so no vandalisation O_O  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  15:59,5/22/2011 
Other users can't edit them, but the troll can put personal attacks on his page. Eg, user 1 hates user 2, so user 1 puts "user 2 is a dick" on his userpage. Admins can't undo the edit or remove the content.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  16:04,5/22/2011 

(Reset indent) sysops can delete pages, but that's not a very good solution here. Also, there's no way to view the source of a page, like you would a protected page, unless there's a method I haven't seen yet. I hope Wikia doesn't roll this out globally RandomTime 16:08, May 22, 2011 (UTC)

But regular users also cannot edit them. And yeah there is no way to reveal the source of the page.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  16:10,5/22/2011