In the CHDK wikia we have small camera script files, plain text & small in size (~1-100kB), extensions are
- .lua (LUA script),
- .bas (uBasic script) and
- .txt (for description and readme - files).
Is it possible to add these file types to the allowed ones ?
For publishing source code fragments or diff files in the development also the following extensions could be usefull (all small, plain text files):
- .c (C source code),
- .h (C source code header),
- .diff (Patch / Diff file for CVS),
- .inc (C source code include files),
- .S (C/Assembler source code stub),
- .lang (CHDK language settings),
- .grd (CHDK grid files, for ),
- .idc (C-like language source code for IDA)
There's another filetype,
- .rbf (CHDK font files, similar to windows TTF fonts) for small binary font files...
Thanks in advance, Fe50 11:20, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Since most of these files are text files, is there any reason why you can't post them as normal wiki pages? When I've had to post code to the wiki I usually put the text between <pre></pre> tags and all the formatting keeps as well. People can cut and paste from the wiki pages into their editor. Works perfectly fine.
- I get the additional benefit of being able to use categories on the pages to make sure all the files for a specific project (code, headers, diffs, etc) are all automatically linked together. Tjoneslo 19:57, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- That's the way we do it atm, but sometimes people have difficulties with copy&paste, e.g. they often have an additional empty line in the beginning or a missing empty line at the end of the code when the selection range was not precise...often a typical neewbie problem, but we have many support requests with such not-running scripts and it's difficult to find out whether the problem is IN the script or the user made such a mistake.
- When publishing source code or diff files sometimes a download would be much easier to handle, e.g. to prevent problems with CR/LF or TABs...
- Wiki pages with long source code fragments, some diff's, additional data etc. are very confusing, and it's a pain to manage such pages.
- So we plan to add additional download links to the files for easier usage ! Fe50 09:33, 23 August 2008 (UTC)