This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I tried to add the "Deletion" template and add my reasons on my wiki and nothing this doesn't work, so does the "Cleanup" template. The disambig template doesn't work on my wiki either. Also the "featured template" doesn't work on my wiki. NO TEMPLATES work on my wiki what can I do? what's wrong with my wiki? I need major help please!!!!
- Can you tell us what wiki you're trying to add these too? Thanks! - Brandon Rhea (talk) 02:07, April 29, 2010 (UTC)
- What? anyways yes how can I get the templates that I need/want? AJona1992 02:25, April 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok that works, but I need to know how can I add my reasons for a deletion and add "cleanup" templates, for example (go to edit) *http://rodriguezfamilymembers.wikia.com/wiki/Josephina
- What do you mean by that? AJona1992 03:41, April 29, 2010 (UTC)
Short 'n simple: it can't do it because the code to make it do it is not there. Why it isn't, I dunno, you can always contact Wikia staff and ask them about it. How to get it? Ask someone here, on the forums. Copy a template that does it have it or just try for yourself and copy the code from another wiki (assuming you know how the whole wiki code works). --Light Daxter | Talk 03:56, April 29, 2010 (UTC)
- In fact, there is one right here on Central that matches what you wanted. Just go to the edit view, and copy all of the text (and remove the interlanguage links and stuff at the bottom, between the
<noinclude></noinclude>tags). Then, you can post a deletion notice with a reason, for example
- For cleanup templates, there is a nice big list that you can copy to your wiki here. Just remember to copy what shows up in the edit view, not on the page itself. ;) The 888th Avatar (talk) 14:10, April 29, 2010 (UTC)
Does Not Help
None of those answers are helping, I tried copying and pasting templates from those sites, but none seems to work at all AJona1992 18:46, April 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I added a 'basic' messagebox template fot AJona to look at and customise. I've now added the Ambox version from Templates wiki, as AJona prefered the 'wikipedia style' of box. it needs the CSS adding which i canot do. which was why i offered the other version first & the fact that five templates are needed rather than just one.
- Anybody know why new wikies are coming with less templates than they used to ? (or am i mistaken). I thought they were going to add more as std from the starter wiki. ? - BulldozerD11 21:36, April 29, 2010 (UTC)