This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
hello, i have to create a new topic because I am unable to find a reply button on my own thread, it is not clear like a internet forum.
I am unable to insert images as a link for a category
furthermore, I created a category on my wiki entitled Rules Index
when you click on it, it does not shoe pages in the alphabetical index I have added. does it take time? if not what causes this? —This unsigned comment is by ZombieBites (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I'm seeing everything fine - there's a picture there, and your main page is in the category. Also, you can reply to forums like this by clicking the "edit" button in the header next to the page name, and leaving your message at the bottom.
- Are you looking at the top link?
- the only image I have is the main logo. The games rules category is not represted with an image. And when you click on it, I can not see additional pages I have added, like the page topic DICE —This unsigned comment is by ZombieBites (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Yes, the one you linked has the main page in it, as well as a picture of the logo. It doesn't look like you've put any other pages in the category, can you link to a page that you've put in the category that isn't showing up?
- To make links from images you need to use [[File:NAME-OF-FILE|link=ARTICLE-NAME]] so this:
- will create this:
- which links to the Community Central main page. Is that what you were looking for? — Sovq 15:54, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I have added multiple pages to the category but they never show, only on the recent wiki activity. There are 8 pages, none of which show up in the index.
- So do I type in that code for the image link as the title of my category? And how can I insert file names for the image? Can I paste the file name from a photobucket image or must the image be present on wiki?
- OK so I figiured how to do image linkies, just got to figure out the whole page thing. But for now. Food and sleep.
- You haven't added any pages other than the main page to your category. You also can't use an image as a category name, which is why your main page doesn't show up in the category anymore.