This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Since I am making my first non-testing/fun/accident create wiki, I will need extra help. Does anyone know how to put a chat into a normal wiki page? Maybe not that but the CSS for a chat box? MyCool64 My Official Wiki Wiki II' 05:40, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- ^ Using the
- Do you think it would work, using something like:
<embed src="http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat" />
(Reset indent) To clarify, what exactly are you trying to do with chat? Are you...
- Wanting to enable Wikia's chat box on the right sidebar?
- Go to Special:WikiFeatures on your wiki and enable chat there. That will enable chat and it will show up in the sidebar on the right side of every page on your wiki. ->
- Wanting to put Wikia's chat box on a Wikia page, such as the main page of your wiki?
- Use the
<chat />tag like I posted above.
- Use the
- Wanting to put Wikia's chat box on a non-Wikia website, or put Wikia's chat in a non-standard location [any place other than 1) or 2) I just described] on a Wikia wiki.
- As Callofduty4 said, this can't be done.
- Wanting to put a non-Wikia chat feature such as chatango on a Wikia wiki?
- Can theoretically be done, similar to installing a Twitter widget... but I'd strongly recommend against this. With Wikia's chat feature, you can tell who is who. With a different chat feature, it's confusing for the community because you don't know which chatters are linked with which Wikia accounts for editing.