Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 17: Line 17:

::What you want is not possible. The only way to get it to not be editable by anyone but admins is to put it in a template but if you want the latest revision user to show, you cant use a template as it will show the last person to edit the template. If you still want it, despite all being able to edit it, you need some js to do it and will have to use a bot to place it on all currently existing pages.--{{User:Godisme/Sig2|15:43,9/14/2011}}

::What you want is not possible. The only way to get it to not be editable by anyone but admins is to put it in a template but if you want the latest revision user to show, you cant use a template as it will show the last person to edit the template. If you still want it, despite all being able to edit it, you need some js to do it and will have to use a bot to place it on all currently existing pages.--{{User:Godisme/Sig2|15:43,9/14/2011}}
  +
  +
:I don't know if it works on wikia but on other wikis it '''may be''' possible to do that by putting what you want in MediaWiki:Tagline .
  +
:{{:User:Nidek/Sig1}} 14:34, September 15, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 14:34, 15 September 2011

Forums: Index General Discussion Add a header to all existing and new pages?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4600 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi-

I want to put a block of text that will always appear just below the title on every single page - new and existing pages. It will only be editable by admin users.

Essentially, I want it to always say who the last person to edit a page was at the very top, just below the title. I know the code to use to say that, but I can only get it to show up on a page if I edit it and put it in manually. This defeats the purpose, since it will always be me showing up as the last editor on a page - I need to find a way that it will automatically include this block of text on existing and new pages at the top, and cannot be deleted in the normal edit mode.

Thanks for any help!

Sean3939 15:30, September 14, 2011 (UTC)

You will want to create a page layout which contains the code for future pages and you will need a bot to add the code to each page quickly. Gracey91 15:41, September 14, 2011 (UTC)
What you want is not possible. The only way to get it to not be editable by anyone but admins is to put it in a template but if you want the latest revision user to show, you cant use a template as it will show the last person to edit the template. If you still want it, despite all being able to edit it, you need some js to do it and will have to use a bot to place it on all currently existing pages.--GodPray  15:43,9/14/2011 
I don't know if it works on wikia but on other wikis it may be possible to do that by putting what you want in MediaWiki:Tagline .
 Nidek   (Talk) [[Special:Contributions/Nidek| Special:Editcount/Nidek edits made ]] 14:34, September 15, 2011 (UTC)