Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum A little problem?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5036 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

When I look here, it says Delete! But when I click on Delete, I can't delete. How could that?--Station7 12:38, June 19, 2010 (UTC)

You can't delete Special pages, including MyHome. If you don't have some weird JavaScript adding a Delete tab to your pages then I would suggest reporting a bug. --Pcj (TC) 13:22, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
OK, but when I wanna delete an answer, it won't work.--Station7 13:33, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
You're not an admin on that wiki. --Pcj (TC) 14:34, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
SO why do non-admins have the delete button on answers wikis? It is not like that on normal wikis. User:Solar Dragon/Signature.css 14:36, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
I don't know, report a bug. --Pcj (TC) 14:40, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
This bug was reported over two weeks ago but no action has been taken. The fix is literally a few lines (1-2 lines per each button) of code, and I'd fix it myself...except that I cannot, as the new Answers skin is not open source (see Answers.php, lines 24-31).
The fix is as simple as this:
if ( $wgUser->isAllowed( 'delete' ) ) {
	// existing code to show delete link goes here
}

if ( $wgUser->isAllowed( 'protect' ) ) {
	// existing code to show protect link goes here
}
--Jack Phoenix (Contact) 16:00, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
There is also a way to remove the delete link with Javascript on page load. I will look into that, but Pcj could probably give cleaner code and you would need admin rights to put the code in anyway. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 10:22 AM PST 19 Jun 2010
I think they merged the Lost Wiki Answers with that. I did made the Lost Wiki Answers and maybe question at that time was put there. Because I have never been directly to that Wiki. Is that a possibility?--Station7 17:43, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
Okay I made some Javascript that will remove the Delete link on page load for most users. See w:c:dev:AnswersNoDeleteLink. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 12:49 PM PST 19 Jun 2010
Also, putting something on a talk page is not really the same as reporting a bug. Special:Contact should be used instead. Shahid has not replied to anything on his Answers talk page since May 12, 2010. This makes me think nothing is going to be done to fix/improve the sub answers skin for the indefinite future. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 12:56 PM PST 19 Jun 2010
It actually is. I was specifically told to report issues to Shahid directly. A F K When Needed 19:44, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
I would suggest if he's not going to reply or fix it to bug them through Special:Contact until you get a suitable response. --Pcj (TC) 20:49, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry guys, but are you talking about Shahid or me?--Station7 05:25, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
You or anyone else who cares about Answers wikis. --Pcj (TC) 13:55, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
This problem is solved for me.--Station7 18:59, July 4, 2010 (UTC)