Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Adoption requests AR:Adoption request for Orcs Must Die! Wiki

What is your username?

Please link to the wiki here:

How many edits have you made on that wiki?

• 324 (at the time of writing)

How many days/months have you been editing there?

• 9 days (at the time of writing)

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?

• Special:ListUsers and {{NUMBEROFADMINS}} show there are 0 (zero) administrators on the wiki: Implying there are no administrators that are editing. The last active editor was around in January 2012.

Any other information:

I have created a blog, featured on the main page to allow editors to discuss the adoption request. However, as there are no active editors around, don't think there would be any response. The 7-day voting standard has not yet been reached, but I don't know if it would. The blog is very detailed and covers my current experience and plans to make the wiki grow. I will highlight a few of them here:
  • I am an administrator at the high-traffic wiki: The Elder Scrolls Wiki.
  • I have experience with templates, CSS, categories, magic words and other advanced MediaWiki features.
  • I am able to work with the community and support that there should be community votes on big changes.
At the time of my first visit the wiki looked (from my perspective) like a collection of random images and screenshots, backed up by a certain amount of walkthroughs with a hazy main page. In my recent work I have tried to provide a clear main page, as this should be a powerful tool to welcome users and make them find what they are looking for. I have added structure through categories and infoboxes.
My power of providing useful content for the wiki lies in my ability to read the game source files. I can harvest plenty of useful information. This information will be (and is being) used in the infobox templates I have created and added to pages. There is big interest in what kind of enemies a player will encounter and pages I created using the exact information from the source, like w:c:orcsmustdie:Double Trouble, can provide this.
My goals:
  • Making use of MediaWiki features (that are currently locked for me) to guide new users through the wiki. (welcome messages, community messages, etc)
  • Provide structure and clear information about Orcs Must Die! Making it more likely for users to return.
  • Laying foundation for a community.
  • Working towards Orcs Must Die! 2.

Closing note: I sense there will be more steam deals in the future on this popular bargain game. When these come (spring break? summer break?) I hope all these new gamers can find all information they need.

~ Flightmare 19:38, April 4, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. I've given you the rights. Good luck with the wiki! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 20:07, April 6, 2012 (UTC)