Community Central
Register
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk "Service Unavailable" for images?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5328 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm seeing some problems with the display of images from the imagesX.wikia.nocookie.net URL:

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:33:52 GMT
Server: PWS/1.4.25
X-Px: ht-strm ord-qs2-n46
Px-503: O timeout
Content-Length: 53
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Cache-Control: public, max-age=120
Expires: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:35:39 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

I've first noticed it on the adwr wiki, but I also see it on the starwars wiki too. --Superlgn 14:41, 15 August 2009 (UTC)

Ealier today i had a problem too (every local images on all wikis were not showing).
But it's ok now.
Is it the same for you ? — TulipVorlax 19:35, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, it's alright now. I noticed the problem about 5 minutes before I made the forum post and I'm not sure when it was fixed. --Superlgn 19:46, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Iowa had some problems and most of the sites switched to the other colos, but of course the images don't do that (yet). Everything should be fixed, and if it isn't, be done in under an hour. ~Joey~ ^Talk^ 23:43, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Probably related to wikia occassionally loading as a blank screen. The MarioGalaxy2433g5 {talk/contribs/Logs} 01:52, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
I don't know about that.. I've seen the blank page thing a number of times and today was no exception. I had no problems doing edits this morning when images were broken. Then while I was doing a series of edits a few hours ago, everything was quick and responsive and then it slowed to a crawl and started to blank page. I don't know if it's a huge increase in load that does it or if the current load is teetering on the brink or what, but I wish it wouldn't happen. :P --Superlgn 02:04, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
We've been having problems on wowwiki from time to time. It was pretty crazy on Saturday morning (EDT time). Seems better now though. Howbizr 18:55, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
Currently all is okay for me but a friend from New-Caledonia complain that the sidebar take a lot of time to load.
I'm not sure what about the new servers Wikia was supposed to get... — TulipVorlax 05:32, 18 August 2009 (UTC)