Redapedia (8/23)
The Vampire Diaries Wiki (8/23)
America's Got Talent Wiki (8/23)
Fushigi Yuugi Wiki (8/23)
John Carter Wiki (8/24)
The Lion King Wiki (8/24)
Gearspedia (8/25)
Warrior Cats Roleplay Wiki (8/26) art

To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wiki with a link and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the best practices listed on the article page.

If you wish to report a problem with an existing spotlight, please report it at Special:Contact.

If you have a response or comment for a request which I have already answered, then please make sure to also ping me on my talk page.

New requests are answered about once a week.

Archive Archive 2 Archive 3 Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6 Archive 7 Archive 8 Archive 9 Archive 10 Archive 11 Archive 12 Archive 13

The Ferry Wiki

Hi there!

I'm Erlopez and I am the only administrator of the Ferry Wiki. As you may be able to tell by the name, the wiki focuses on ferries and there companies. Currently, there are only three active users working on my wiki, including myself, so as you can see, awareness is very sparse. All users, however work really hard in making the wiki a nice, welcoming environment and as a team, we have created an attractive place to edit on. On the main page, there are four permanent 'features', the Welcome note, a slideshow of current projects, a weekly featured article and a weekly featured image. Also all pages to my knowledge are under a category. And that's about it!

Erlopez 20:22, August 1, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Ferry Wiki looks like a lot of fun and congratulations on reaching 200 articles! The only issue I see is that you have nearly half of your content labeled as stubs; could you please clean out this category? Ideally there would only be about 25 articles in there. Let me know when you've had a chance to look at this and I'll check again :). -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:59, August 14, 2011 (UTC)

Supernatural Wiki

Hello. I'd like to put Supernatural Wiki in the spotlight for about a week around September 23, the day Season 7 premieres. Supernatural Wiki currently has 2 active Administrators and a few other contributors and over 700 pages and 1400 images. However we don't have much traffic around the site, so that's why I'm requesting the spotlight for the Wiki. // Hallichester // 09:33, August 2, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Supernatural Wiki looks good -- I love your skin! I'll be happy to put it onto the approved spotlight list, but I can't guarantee when it will appear. My best guess is that if I put it on now it will probably be up around mid-September at the latest; typically after being approved the spotlights go up in 2-4 weeks and run for 2 weeks. I'm guessing that for your purposes, missing by being later is better than being too early. I can either put it on now, or you can remind me on my talk page in a couple of weeks and I can put it on the list then. Let me know what you want to do! -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:11, August 14, 2011 (UTC)

Bakugan Users Wiki

I am the Head Bureaucrat of Bakugan Users Wiki requesting a Spotlight. We have articles in the 800's which is being added to every week, sometimes days. We don't have many users, so it would be helpful if you could get us some more through a spotlight. Thank You!

- Lord of Pyrus

Hi. Bakugan Users Wiki is clearly growing quickly -- congratulations on reaching 1000 pages. However, the wiki would need some tweaks to meet the spotlight criteria. You would need to drop the main page protection to only protect against anonymous/new user edits. You also have some uncategorized pages that would need to be sorted out. More critically, about half of your content (more than 500 pages) is stub-length (less than 300 bytes), and you would need no more than 200 pages at that length. Please ask again when you have had a chance to strengthen your content and can meet all of the spotlight criteria. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 19:47, August 22, 2011 (UTC)

Sonic the Hedgehog The Movie Wiki

It's new. It needs some attention! Sonicyay2 15:53, August 4, 2011 (UTC)

=/ Sonicyay2 16:17, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. I'm sorry but Wiki's spotlighted through this page must meet all of the spotlight criteria, including 200 content pages. Good luck with your wiki and feel free to ask again when it has had a chance to grow bigger! -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 19:57, August 22, 2011 (UTC)

Club Penguin Wiki

I would like to request a Spotlight for the Club Penguin Wiki. I am an active admin there. It has 3,529 pages on it. Though many of our top contributors have left, we are still making this wiki the best that we can. We often update the Community Corner with news and other related items.

--THE RULER AND DICTATOR OF AWESOME HAS ARRIVED SPEAK TO LORD VOLDEMORT... 22:09, August 4, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Club Penguin Wiki is in pretty good shape. It looks like you have a handful of uncategorized pages; can you please sort them out? Let me know when you've done that and I will be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 20:16, August 22, 2011 (UTC)

John Carter (Again) (approved)

I am once again reqesting that the John Carter wiki (Johncarter.wikia.com/Barsoom.wikia.com/Warlordofmars.wikia.com) Get a spotlight. Most of the pages are pretty big, we have barely any under 200 bytes, and most arent under 300 bytes . . . . The wikis content is going to become increasingly relevent in the media ,posters for the movie are in theaters and so are trailers, and by december of this year there will be five seperate comic books series concerning the universe on shelves (two by marvel three by dynamite). And I really want to get the message ot there that john carter is not just recycled hollywood trash, it is the source of all the material that has been recycled!!!!!!!!! If I got to choose spotlight times . . .. I wold choose for this wiki to be spotlighted in october or september (whenever the first marvel series is released) and when the movie is released next year in march. ralok 01:59, August 6, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Good job working on the content; the wiki looks like it is in good shape now and I can add it too the approved spotlight list. If approve it now it will probably be spotlighted in mid-September. If you want it spotlighted later then you will need to remind me in a few weeks to add it to the list. Either way, let me know what you want to do on my talk page. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:01, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

Thank you, I shall endeavour to make the wiki even better before it is spotlighted. ralok 01:31, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

If you read this . . . I think I would like that the spotlight would read "who is John Carter?" and the image to be taken from the john carter trailer, it should be reffered to as the John Carter wiki aswellralok 03:01, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. I can pass along an image if you have one; otherwise they will take it from somewhere on your wiki if possible. I cannot pass along the text of the spotlight. Do you want to be put on the list now or later? -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 04:14, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

I think I would prefer it to be on the spotlight list now rather than later. That is a real bummer you cant pass along the text. I cant find a picture I would want from the trailer so whatever pictures is decided will be okay with me ralok 17:35, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

Ok. I have added it to the list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:21, August 24, 2011 (UTC)

WikiSein (approved)

Hello. I am here to request a spotlight for WikiSein, the Seinfeld Wiki. The Wiki meets all criteria, but definitely needs more users. Plus, I was happy with the last spotlight that brought in many new users. The Wiki has nearly 250 pages, and I have spent time adding to stubs, and categorizing pages. Thanks.

P.S. The Main Page was protected from IPs contributors before my time there, due to a past history of vandalism.  DaRanger | Talk to Me | What I've Done | 14:12,8/6/2011 

Hi. WikiSein looks like it is in great shape and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:31, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

America's Got Talent Wiki (approved)

Hi, I would like to request a spotlight for America's Got Talent Wiki. We have over 200 articles, and very few of them are stubs. It's a new wiki (only about a month old), but it's grown very quickly. It's very relevant right now because of the popularity of America's Got Talent. More than 90% of the articles are heavily categorized and very few are stubs. It meets most of the requirements, and I'm hoping a spotlight would increase its activity.

If this gets approved, this would be the description:

"America... land of the free, and home of the best talent in the world!"

Thanks, Erik10101 02:08, August 7, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. America's Got Talent Wiki looks like it is in generally good shape. There are a handful of uncategorized pages; could you sort those out? Also, the main page could use a little bit of sprucing up, and would need at the least a picture added to it to meet the spotlight criteria. Please let me know on my talk page when you have taken care of these issues, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:39, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for cleaning those up. I've added you to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:47, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Oh. and I'm sorry but I cannot pass along requests for the spotlight wording. I forgot to mention that. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 04:15, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

39 Clues Wiki (approved)

Hi,

Hi my name is Nilem12. I am a Administrator on 39 Clues Wiki. Since The Medusa Plot is coming out in less than 21 days can you Spotlight this wiki.

Thanks,

Nilem12Talk 22:59, August 8, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. The 39 Clues Wiki is still in great shape and I'll be happy to add it back to the approved spotlight list for a 2nd spotlight. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:49, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

Redapedia (approved)

Hello there,

I am Zachattack31. I am an administrator on the Redapedia wikia. I was hoping that you could make this wikia into a Spotlight. It is a wikia dedicated to the Redakai card game as well as the animated series Redakai: Conquer the Kairu. It has around 250 pages, so it is small but still relatively new. At first, we had quite a few editors but over time, these editors left and I am currently the only editor/admin who has been doing anything on there the past couple of months. I would really like the Spotlight in order to get more people interested in the wikia and to increase the popularity of the animated series as well as the game. I would really appreciate it.

P.S. This is my first time asking for a spotlight so I hope this is okay. Thanks.Zachattack31 03:28, August 9, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Redapedia looks like it is in good shape and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:12, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Link: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central_talk:Spotlights#Beyblade_Wiki . Abce2|Talk 'Other things" 20:40, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
I'm sorry. I don't understand why you posted this link. If you want to update the Beyblade request then please ping my talk page directly (either on Beyblade Wiki or here on central). -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:12, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, that was supposed to be to the Wikia. I must've copied the wrong link...sorry about that. Abce2|Talk 'Other things" 22:30, August 26, 2011 (UTC)

The Vampire Diaries Wikia (approved)

Hi Wiki! I would like to recomend Vampire Diaries Wikia for spotlight.It has almost 700 pages and the new season will air in one month..  Blood-dropAlaric SaltzmanTalkContrib 10:33, August 9, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. The Vampire Diaries Wiki looks great and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:41, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

Onipex and Pals Wiki

The Misadventures of Onipex and Pals is a series created by Ids5621 (A YouTuber) and is based on the video hosting site; YouTube. It was initially created as a comedic side series to All Stars (Another YouTube series), to be released more frequently and to keep input coming into the channel. It revolves around the matoran (characters), Onipex and his annoying friend Jevik.

Jman98 08:00, August 10, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Onipex and Pals Wiki looks like a lot of fun; you've clearly worked hard on it. However in order to be spotlighted here, it would need to meet our spotlight criteria, including at least 200 content pages. Good luck building the wiki! -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:53, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

File:Aang-the-avatar.png

Hi! I am Annawantimes, the leader of Avatar & Legend of Korra Wiki. I know you must be very busy, but I would like you to review my wiki and see if it is ready to be featured on the Spotlight. I would like the picture to the right to be shown, with the text in the caption to be featured as well. (The bold text should be the spotlight's title) If my wiki meets criteria, please let me know. Thank you for your time, AnnawantimesTalk 04:04, August 13, 2011 (UTC)

Once again, you need to have no uncategorised pages in order to get a spotlight. You need to categorise all of the pages found here. And you need to reduce the number of pages with no content, these can be found here and at the start of the list here.--Acer4666 13:48, August 14, 2011 (UTC)

I added content and categorized the pages the other day. I don't understand why the page listing all of this has not updated itself. Hopefully it will soon. Thank for your concern though. AnnawantimesTalk 19:07, August 14, 2011 (UTC)

I Still wish to receive an official response, please. AnnawantimesTalk 19:45, August 14, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. I'm sorry again about missing your original request. Your wiki will still need a few further tweaks to be spotlighted. The main page protection would need to be dropped to protect only against anonymous users and new accounts. Also you have about 80 pages "Awaiting Content", and 7 or so more that are stubs (either short or marked as stubs). I actually believe that you would be better to remove those 80 pages altogether than to have somebody click on them only to see that template, which does not even encourage the reader to add the content as a stub template does, but I will count them as stubs. However the wiki has 350 pages, so the total number of stubs should be 70 or less. So please work on filling in some of this content. Let me know on my talk page when you have had a chance to do this. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 04:48, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

Warrior Cats Roleplay Wiki (approved)

Hi, I'm 4pinkbear, a bereaucrat of Warrior Cats Roleplay Wiki.

I believe my wiki deserves a little spotlight because it isn't the most popular wiki, unfortunately.

And if I may make a request, can the image be:

Wiki-wordmark-warriorcatsroleplay

Thanks a bunch, it'll really help! :3 Violetta50pxRichtofen's one crazy scientist! 13:32, August 16, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Warrior Cats Roleplay wiki is in nice shape in general. You do have some uncategorized pages. could you please sort them out? Let me know on my talk page when you have done so and I will be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:29, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
I've added the wiki to the list! -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:26, August 26, 2011 (UTC)

Nerf Wiki

Hello Central Wiki, this is Cpt. Riley. I am an admin representing the Nerf Wiki . Me and my fellow editors have been working really hard these past months to get the wiki up-to-shape. I am requesting a spotlight, mostly so my editors feel accomplished, and that we can attract other editors. This would mean a lot if you concidered us. Best regards, Cpt. Riley. Cpt. RileyLet's Talk 19:29, August 17, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Nerf Wiki looks great -- congratulations on reaching 500 articles! It looks like you have nearly 300 pages marked as stubs (over half of your content). Could you please clean this out so there are 100 stubs or less? You also have one or two uncategorized pages in there :). Let me know on my talk page when you have had a chance to do this and I will be happy to look again. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:47, August 24, 2011 (UTC)

The Lion King Wikia (approved)

Hi, I'm Honeyfur, a bureaucrat on The Lion King Wikia. In less than a month, The Lion King will be released to theaters in 3D Diamond Edition. I feel that this is the perfect time to try out for the spotlight. We have an active front page, over 400 articles, a very personalized theme, and tons of pictures on most every article. Here's a link. --Honeyfur Hakuna Matata 03:11, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. The Lion King Wiki is in great shape and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:56, August 24, 2011 (UTC)

Gearspedia the Gears of War wikia. (approved)

Since Gears of War 3 the last Gears of War game of the Delta story arc is coming out in September 20th

• I’d JacktheBlack am the head Admin of Gearspedia (And been editing for 2008)
  • We have over 1400 plus pages (We are still adding pages from the newest Gears of War book Coalition’s End, New York times best seller btw ;) ).
  • Our category system is based off Wookeeipedia and Halopedia so I’m satisfied with it. But I hope I can make more subcategories.
  • We have a custom skin.
  • Stable leadership.
  • A lot of pages are in locked dock to stop Users from spoiling the ending of Gears of War 3 (it was leaked onto youtube and people spoiled it for one of our Admins already  )
  • Please and thank you for your time.

--JacktheBlack 21:04, August 20, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Gearspedia looks like it is in good shape. Could you please lower the main page protection to only block anonymous users and new accounts? Then I will be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:37, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
Hi. I've added the wiki to the list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:31, August 25, 2011 (UTC)

Star Wars Games Wiki

Hello, I'm an admin on the Star Wars Games Wiki. Currently, the Wiki only has a few editing users, and we would like some more people to contribute. I think that it has all of the criteria needed for Wikia Spotlight. Thanks! - Sam2011 Wiki(Delta Squad Forming Up) 12:01, August 22, 2011 (UTC)

A quick flick through your wiki shows it doesn't meet several criteria - you have uncategorised pages, 697 of your pages are less than 300 bytes (meaning more than 1/5 of your content pages are stubs),and your main page is protected against any editing. PS this isn't the official response, I just don't see how hard it is to check you meet the criteria before posting here--Acer4666 12:14, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Hi. Star Wars Games Wiki looks like it has a great amount of content, but Acer is correct that it doesn't quite meet the spotlight criteria. The main page protection would need to be dropped to only protect against anonymous users and new accounts. The Community Corner needs to be customized. The automatic welcome tool would need to be re-enabled (Mediawiki:Welcome-user should read @sysop or @latest). There are some uncategorized pages that need to be sorted. You have about 400 pages marked as stubs, and 700 stub-length pages; while there is some overlap the combined number would need to be about 530, or 1/5th of your content. Please ask again when you have had a chance to strengthen the wiki content and can meet all of the spotlight criteria. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:00, August 24, 2011 (UTC)

The Dark Tower Wiki

I would like to request a spotlight for The Dark Tower Wiki. We are a growing wiki, but we could use a few more editors. There is renewed interest in the Dark Tower series because of the recent movie rumors. I believe we fulfill all the requirements for a spotlight. Thanks for your consideration.
--Rolliemoon "I will show you fear in a handful of dust" -T.S. Eliot 20:34, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

LifeMusic Wiki

I'm the founder and an admin at LifeMusic Wiki, a wiki on all types of Christian music. We cover everything, from gospel to metal to rap to hip hop. Many of our song articles are categorized as stubs, but they surpass the requirements in the best practices. The only reason they are categorized as stubs is because the only have the lyrics in the article, and our site requires much more to bring an article up from stub status. Anyway, we are the largest Christian music wiki on the web, and I believe a spotlight would boost activity and allow us to grow into a larger, better community. Master Fredcerique 21:57, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

• Nevermind. I misread the short pages list. :P I'm going through and deleting the hundreds of excess stubs though. Hopefully I'll be done in a week or two. I'll reply here when I'm done. Is that OK? MasterFred 18:02, August 27, 2011 (UTC)

Nerf Blaster Wiki

Hi, I represent the workers at Nerf Blaster Wiki, a hard working Nerf database. We have 875+ articles, however will be removing several soon. We work very close with Nerf Wiki, however we have articles on different things than them but cover the same topic. As the 14th biggest toy wiki, we have 16 articles with over 5000 bytes, and 124 under 500, which is quite a few. Even though we have many stubs, we are a dedicated community, and one that has the potential to reach 1000 articles. With spotlight more users may come to our site, which only has 4 active users as of now. Thanks again, GG 360 00:04, August 25, 2011 (UTC)

SpongeBob Fanon Wiki

I would like to request a Spotlight for SpongeBob Fanon Wiki, located at http://spongefan.wikia.com. We have set our material to what your guidelines require; we have removed all vandalism, we have 3,000+ articles, and we don't have any content that could be considered offensive. Ponyo Fan 23:48, August 26, 2011 (UTC)

moving message

Rocky Raccoon and Forest Friends Wiki

Theres my wiki http://rockyraccoonandforestfriends.wikia.com/wiki/Rockyraccoonandforestfriends_Wiki I would like it too have wiki spotlight alought it has only 3 pages.

—This unsigned comment is by Rockytheraccoon (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Roller Coaster Wiki

I'd like to request a spotlight for Roller Coaster Wiki. It follows all the "best practices" and now has improved infoboxes. A pretty significant time has passed now since its last spotlight, and the wiki could use a little boost in popularity. Thanks for your time! MontagnaMagica|Talk 17:26, August 31, 2011 (UTC)

• I was here checking for a response on my request for LifeMusic Wiki and I saw this request. The wiki looks like a lot of fun. The Monobook skin could use some tweeks, but it's a pretty cool concept. I wish I had time to edit, but LifeMusic Wiki and Wookieepedia take up all my time. Anyway, good luck with the spotlight. MasterFred 17:59, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.