Community Central
Community Central
For non-English spotlights, please visit: International Spotlight Requests
Upcoming Spotlights
Okami Wiki (5/3)
One Piece: Ship of Fools Wiki (5/3)
Bakugan Wiki (5/6)
Professor Layton Wiki (5/18)
Camp Half-Blood Role-Playing Wiki (5/18)
Ultra Dragon Ball Wiki (5/20)
Thomas the Tank Engine (5/20)

To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wiki and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the best practices listed on the article page.

Archive Archive 2 Archive 3 Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6 Archive 7 Archive 8 Archive 9 Archive 10 Archive 11 Archive 12

Bakugan Wiki (approved)

I would like to request a Spotlight for the Bakugan Wikia. It has 1,474 pages, which gets added to almost weekly. Even though we have few really regular contributers, we still get work done. The community is great together, and will help each other out. Abce2|They call me Prophet." 02:20, April 14, 2011 (UTC)

Never mind, the community's an arse. :/ Abce2|They call me Prophet." 22:16, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
Forget the above comment, left my account on accidentally. Taken care of. :P Abce2|They call me Prophet." 22:42, April 15, 2011 (UTC)
Hi. Bakugan Wiki is generally in good shape, but needs a few tweaks to meet the spotlight criteria. You have 400+ in your stub category, which is more than 1/5th of your content; the goal would be to have no more than 300 or so. Could you please look through them and remove any that are no longer truly stubs? Some of them appear to be reasonably long to me. Also you need to restore the corporate footer/spotlights which you are currently hiding with your css; it's against the Wikia customization policy to hide them like that. Let me know on my talk page when you have taken care of these issues. -- Wendy (talk) 03:13, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
Fixed.Abce2|Diggy diggy hole" 01:23, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for cleaning up those issues. I've added you to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 12:31, May 6, 2011 (UTC)

Digimon Fanon Wiki

I like to request a spotlight for this Digimon fanon wikia. Digimon fanon wiki already reach over 200 articles. This wiki starts to grow since every month.--User_talk:Ericard 02:13, April 15, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. The wiki generally looks good. You have some uncategorized pages; could you please sort them out? Also, you do not appear to be very active there (you have not edited in over two weeks), and there needs to be an active admin on spotlighted wikis. At least one of the other admins appears to drop by sporadically; perhaps you could talk to them about the spotlight and make sure somebody will be active on the wiki for it? -- Wendy (talk) 03:27, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Oh, you are right. Ok, I'll fixed them and I will let you know later. Thanks.--User_talk:Ericard 03:32, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Wendy, seems there is none are active admin, maybe this wiki need to be pending until the admins will be further confirmed until I will let you know. Thanks.--User_talk:Ericard 03:36, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Ok. No problem :). Let me know when you guys are back on there. -- Wendy (talk) 16:16, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Battle: Los Angeles Wiki

Hello! I understand my wiki, Battle: Los Angeles Wiki does not meet all of your criteria, but it is one of those topics where it will lose it's fan base if it does not get one growing immediately. I understand you will create Wikia spotlights for certain Wikis if they have a more current topic, such as a Wiki about a film that coincides with its release. I am really trying to keep my Wiki going and am continuing to create articles, but if I don't start to draw attention to people now, a lot of people will quickly lose interest in the film. Thanks!

Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 23:41, April 17, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Unfortunately if you request a spotlight you do have to meet the criteria here. Many of the spotlights you see are not requested; they are chosen by the content team; and yes, frequently it is a smaller but current wiki. You just can't request those here. I'm sorry -- please feel free to ask again once the wiki has been built up. -- Wendy (talk) 16:19, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

(Sigh) Okay. Thanks. Hopefully we'll have 200 non-stub articles by the time that the film is released on DVD. I just hope there's still some people out there interested in the movie. Because unless they make a sequel, it is gonna lose probably 90% of its fan base. =) Thanks again! Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 22:40, May 3, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan

RuneScape Fanfiction Wiki

Hello! I'd like to see if RuneScape Fanfiction Wiki can quallify for a Spotlight. It's been around since 2007, and I've notice it's becoming more popular by day. We get more and more users from our mother wiki the RuneScape Wiki. Chiafiend12 is also the founder of this wiki, but I've been running it for quite a whille after he gave me his position as founder.

~Sereniama~ | PageTalkWiki Contributions | 04:53, April 18, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. RuneScape Fanfiction looks like it has a lot of neat content. In order to be spotlighted it would need to have some sort of image/graphics added to the main page; right now it's visually a huge wall of text. You would also need to finish categorizing all the pages (I see that you are aware of this from the community corner message). Let me know on my talk page when you have taken care of these issues! -- Wendy (talk) 16:39, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Gami Wiki (approved)

Hi,Wiki! I'm the creator of a Wiki called Gami Wiki and I was wishing for you to add it to the Spotlight list. It has exactly 200 pages with NO STUBS. The Main Page has a lot of links and a picture, all pages in a category, not promoting any new admins, have a pretty great Community message, has a customized skin and colorful images. It was a lot of hard work making more then half of these pages and we need more contributors.

It is about a Pokemon-like world (like Complipedia above) where everyone can share creatures they made. It was made about a month ago.

If you accept, please make Gamisthis as the picture or Gamis 2. The description could be "Join a Pokémon-like world.

Thanks. I Have Come For Your Head! - SilverWingsxxx 03:43, April 22, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Gami Wiki looks great and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 16:46, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Okami Wiki (approved)

I would like to request a spotlight for Ōkami Wiki. I believe we meet the requirements and are in good shape but we could use the extra users. I believe now is a good time for us to expand our user base as Ōkamiden, the second game in the series, was recently released.--Soul reaper 13:50, April 27, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Okami Wiki looks great and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 17:37, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you very much--Soul reaper 07:14, May 4, 2011 (UTC)

Shipoffools wiki (approved)

Spot light request for my wiki : The wiki is shipoffools .. I hope it fulfills all the spotlight criteria ; thanks :)--Roranoa-zoro Talk|12:32,4/28/2011 12:32, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Ship of Fools Wiki looks great and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 17:45, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Coasterpedia

Hello! Hopefully it's not too soon to put up another request, but it has been over six months since the first spotlight for this wiki, and other wikis have been spotlighted more than once in a six-month period, so this should be OK by your standards.

I'd like to request a spotlight for Roller Coaster Wiki. It still follows all the "best practices" and now has improved infoboxes. Thanks for your time! MontagnaMagica|Talk 22:01, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. If you look further up this page, you'll see that you already had a second spotlight approved in February. Generally we ask wikis to wait at least a year before requesting a 3rd spotlights. So maybe ask sometime next fall. -- Wendy (talk) 17:48, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

TTTE Wikia (approved)

Hello. Would you mind adding Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia please? It has been ages since it has last been spotlighted. Thank you, Toby7 Ding!Ding! 21:41, May 6, 2011 (UTC)

I've been asked to approve this request. So, not much to say except "I approve". Thomasfan Peep! Peep! 02:44, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Hi. TTTE Wiki looks like it is in generally good shape. You would need to drop the main page protection to only protect against new and unregistered users; then I would be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:18, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
Ok. I have added you to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:00, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks! Toby7 Ding!Ding! 01:09, May 21, 2011 (UTC)

Layton Wiki (approved)

I would like to request a Spotlight for the Professor Layton Wiki. We've been working hard on our wiki to make it as big as possible. We've still got a lot of work on the puzzles and everything, but it'll be done eventually. We should meet all the requirements listed on the article page. Thank you in advance. - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 20:15, May 10, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Layton Wiki looks great and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:29, May 18, 2011 (UTC)

Camp Half-Blood Role Playing Wiki (approved)

I would like to request a spotlight for the Camp Half-Blood Role Playing Wiki, we are fairly new, but we already have over 300 pages and climbing, as this is an rpg wiki, the more user's we have that actively want to contribute in a role playing environment, the more fun the site will be and the faster it will grow and I feel having spotlight will help us to achieve that. http://camphalfbloodroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/Camp_Half-Blood_Role_Playing_Wiki --BachLynn(Send an Owl!) 23:23, May 12, 2011 (UTC)

Hi. Camp Half-Blood Role Playing Wiki looks great and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:36, May 18, 2011 (UTC)

ultra dragonball wiki (approved)

I am an admin on the ultra dragonball wiki and would like to make a spotlight request. It has has over two hundred pages, there is nothing going on there right now, it is a peaceful wiki, and it has all the other requirments. Gotek may 13

Hi. Ultra Dragonball Wiki looks great. You would need to drop the main page protection to the autoconfirmed level, which prevents edits from unregistered users and new accounts in order to be spotlighted. Let me know on my talk page when you have done that and I will be happy to add you to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:50, May 18, 2011 (UTC)

The main page level is changed now ~gotek~ may 18

Great! I've added you to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:04, May 20, 2011 (UTC)

POTCO Players Wiki

I request the POTCO PLAYERS WIKI

for

• It has over 2000 pages
  • More than 50 daily contributers
  • Keeps editors in check
  • and does what the community asks

See This Page for my blog post

--AdminRankNameonfireTalkSpecial:Editcount/Tama63 Edits 06:57, May 16, 2011 (UTC)

WIKI MEMBERS SIGN BELOW

I am an active admin on this wiki. I agree with Tama63. The POTCO players wiki is a wiki for the Pirates Online Game. We have many different pages on people's pirates, guilds, ships, fan groups, fan weapons and many more. I am just replying because it says an admin needs to agree. --KatBlueDog Hiya! 12:41, May 16, 2011 (UTC)

I also agree for all the reasons listed above

Edgar Wildrat [[Special:Contributions/Edgar Wildrat|Special:Editcount/Edgar Wildrat Edits!]]

i approve 4 hours ago by Captain Robert

~ I agree. I've been on the Players wiki since August 2011. We haven't been on spotlight yet...

Simon Treasurehawk Special:Editcount/Simon Treasurehawk Edits!

Big Bang Theory Wiki

As one of the admins for the wiki, I am proud to say that we are ready to be spotlighted! Jim Parsons won an emmy for the show, we have been renews for three more seasons! We have a great source of information and growing community. I've looked over the requirements and have already a featured wiki for my other wikia back late last year, I feel we have everything we need to be featured. Zeypher Admin of TBBT 09:41, May 17, 2011 (UTC)

The Lion King Wikia

Hi, I'd like to request a spotlight for The Lion King Wikia. We currently have over three-hundred articles, an active front page, and a family-friendly environment. --HoneyfurBob's Your Uncle! 21:59, May 20, 2011 (UTC)