Community Central
Community Central

To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wiki and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the six best practices listed on the article page.

If you have questions about requesting a spotlight, leave a talk page message for Danny, Wikia's Community Development Manager.

Archive

Orchids Wiki

Needs more users, photographers, and editors. Orchids Wiki is one of the only science and nature wikis with over 800 pages.--Cs california 09:50, 23 March 2008 (UTC)

Soulcalibur Wiki

I should like to submit The Soulcalibur Wiki for the Wikia spotlight. Soulcalibur is a well-known game series in the US, Europe and Japan. The series is going from strength to strength, a new game has just been released on the Wii, and one is about to be released on the PS3 and Xbox360, I feel that there is a definite potential for growth in this wiki - all that is needed is some extra publicity. It has 100 articles (at the time of writing), and an infrastructure is to be decided to ensure that the wiki can grow properly. Hopefully, with some publicity, it could assume the critical mass status and become self sustaining.

Many thanks for listening,

Siegfriedschtauffen 17:26, 5 March 2008 (UTC)

That's a really good suggestion, thanks! Soulcalibur is a great wiki, and you guys have done a lot of work on it. Congratulations on reaching 100 articles!
There are a few items on the list of Best Practices that Soulcalibur doesn't have yet:
  • The wiki doesn't have a welcome template yet, and there are some new users on Recent changes who haven't been welcomed.
  • The Main Page should be moved to "Soulcalibur Wiki". That will give you much higher search results on Google, which will help to bring new people to the wiki.
I'd be happy to help you with any of these things -- let me know how I can help. Thanks! -- Danny (talk) 14:27, 6 March 2008 (UTC)

ReBoot Wiki

I would like to request that the ReBoot Wiki be listed as a Wikia Spotlight. If this wiki was a Wikia Spotlight we might be able to get more members if we had some advertisement. ReBoot is an acclaimed show that has received several awards and was the very first show or movie to be produced completely in Computer Generated Imagery. --Preator 00:13, 28 February 2008 (UTC)

Hi, thanks for suggesting The Reboot Wiki! Looking at the list of Best Practices for Spotlighting a wiki, it looks like Reboot is well on its way to good standing. I've taken a look at the wiki's recent activity, and it's great that there's a system for welcoming new contributors; that's a really important part of maintaining a successful community. Out of almost 300 pages, there are only 28 uncategorized, so its helpful to know that the content is organized and can be easily browsed. I also like that the front page looks inviting with some pictures. One thing you should do is move the "Main_Page" to Reboot Wiki to help with search results. The wiki's title page turns out to be an essential part if how the site is indexed in Google and other engines. This is an excellent candidate for a spotlight, I think we can make this work. Please leave a message on my talk page if you have any questions. —Scott (talk) 19:21, 28 February 2008 (UTC)

Sunderland Wiki

Hi Danny, i would like to submit Sunderland wiki to be spotlighted, as you already know this wiki pretty good i don't think i need to show a description.  Sunderland06  22:34, 19 February 2008 (UTC)

Hi, Nathan! Yeah, you've got a very good wiki going there -- more than 100 pages, with a logo, a clear main page, a good category structure, and welcomes for everybody. This is a great model for other wikis to check out. You'll get a spotlight when the next round of spotlights goes up. -- Danny (talk) 22:55, 19 February 2008 (UTC)

Warriors Wiki

I'd like to request that the Warriors Wiki gets spotlighted. Currently, I'm the only active Bureaucrat, and just about the only active user. We have 159 articles considered non-stubs, but unfortunatly, 224 stub pages. The Warriors Wiki really could use this :) Thanks, Eulalia459678(Salamandastron) 15:44, 21 March 2008 (UTC)