FANDOM

(Looney City Citizens: new section)
(Looney City Citizens: new section)
Line 101: Line 101:

I would like to see if Looney City Citizens could have a spotlight. It can be found here http://looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page. I need help on how to make a background tho.

I would like to see if Looney City Citizens could have a spotlight. It can be found here http://looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page. I need help on how to make a background tho.
  +
  +
== Looney City Citizens ==
  +
  +
I would like to see if Looney City Citizens could have a spotlight. It might not be the best, but there's plenty of articles. It can be found here http://looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page. I need help on how to make a background tho. Moe Howard January 14.

Revision as of 00:19, January 15, 2011

For non-English spotlights, please visit: International Spotlight Requests
Upcoming Spotlights
Reborn Wiki (12/23)
Planetpedia (1/12)

To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wiki and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the best practices listed on the article page.

Archive Archive 2 Archive 3 Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6 Archive 7 Archive 8 Archive 9 Archive 10 Archive 11

Random-ness Wiki

I would like a spotlight for The Random-ness Wiki, please. The file can be our [[File:Wiki-background]]. Also, the description can be: "Start a fandom, Just be random, Whatever you do, Just come here!"

Gyurururu ... 22:03, December 5, 2010 (UTC) (AgentP, an admin on the wiki)

Hi. Random-ness Wiki is in generally good shape. However it would need 200 non-stub content pages (over 300 bytes); right now about 50 of the 217 content pages are stubs. Please continue to work on strengthening the content and ask again when you have a few more pages up :). -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:16, December 23, 2010 (UTC)

Warriors Share Wiki

Hi, I'm Nightfern, the admin & bureaucrat at Warriors Share Wiki. Our wiki is really small but simple and fun. Warriors Share's users are active and warm (but enough of my wiki; let's get to the point XD) It has more pages than you think- a lot are connected with our programs. May you consider putting us on the spotlight? Thanks again, NightfernMerry Christmas 03:07, December 11, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Warriors Share Wiki does look nice. However I do not understaand shat you mean by it has pages "connected with our programs". Right now I see 74 pages in the main namespace (including subpages), and no other obvious namespace where you might have more content. If you can direct me to where you are hiding the equivalent of 125 content pages, please let me know and I will be happy to look at the wiki again. But it will need to have 200 non-stub content pages to meet the criteria for a spotlight through this request page. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:23, December 23, 2010 (UTC)

Reborn Wikia (approved)

Hi, I'd like to request a spotlight for this wikia. A small note, the mainpage is protected because anything that needs to be changed should be done through the templates. There is nothing to change in the main page itself, so, any changes to it, will most likely be vandalism. Thanx for your time. ..AlienGamer (UserpageTalk) 15:26, December 11, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Reborn Wiki looks good and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:44, December 23, 2010 (UTC)

Valkyrie Movie Wikia

Hi, I would like to make a request for a spotlight. The World War II movie The Way Back will be an upcoming movie on December 29, 2010 and released worldwide on January 21, 2011. It would be great for people to learn about the movie as well as celebrate it with a spotlight.

I would like it to have the image http://valkyriemovie.wikia.com/wiki/File:The_Way_Back_Poster.jpg and for the text under the title Valkyrie Movie Wikia to say something interesting related to the movie. --Andrew Schlieffen (talk · contr) 20:37, December 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. While it's definitely timely to have a spotlight with a new movie out, this wiki appears to be nearly completely abandoned, with only a very few contributions by you in the last two months; nobody has edited since you added the movie information and requested the spotlight. It hadn't occurred to me previously that it needed to be stated, but spotlight wikis should be active; at least the admin requesting should be active, preferably daily but at least every few days, on the wiki. I understand that you may have been busy with holidays at this time of year, but the last time this wiki appeared active was in late October. I'm sorry, but right now I am not going to add this wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:49, January 1, 2011 (UTC)

Battlefield Wiki

Hi, I'd like to request a spotlight for the Battlefield Wiki. The recent Battlefield series releases include a bunch of new content and the majority of our regular editors are busy nowadays. So we'd like to get some editors in there to help us "filling in our blanks", and preferably before Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam is released. It'd be really helpful for us. Thank you!!! SSDGFCTCT9 (Talk) 21:50, December 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Battlefield Wiki looks like it is generally in really good shape. There are just two small things that need to be changed for it to meet our spotlight criteria. The first is that the main page protection would need to be dropped; there has been no vandalism but right now it is set so only sysops can edit. It would need to at least be lowered to block only new and unregistered users from editing. The other issue is that you have about 40 uncategorized pages. let me know when you have dealt with these two changes and I will be happy to add the wiki to the upcoming spotlights list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 04:01, January 1, 2011 (UTC)

Primeval Wiki

Primeval Wiki is a great wiki on ITV's dinosaur/time-traveling drama and it is really in great shape. The show has been on an extended hiatus since early 2009, and will now return on New Year's Day 2011. This wiki has been spotlighted once before, in late 2009. It would be great to spotlight it again, as we have kept it updated with all of the latest info. Could you please spotlight it on January 1st? Thank you, ZEM talk to me! 20:59, December 20, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Primeval Wiki looks good and I'm sure you are excited about the new series. However, one of the spotlight criteria is that no more than 1/5th of the wiki content should be stub articles. Loosely I consider a stub article to be about 300 bytes or any page marked with a "Stub" template. You have over 400 pages (2/3rds of your content) labeled as a stub. Please ask again (or let me know somehow) when you have had a chance to clean out the Stub category, so that no more than 120 of your articles are in there and/or shorter than 300bytes, and I will be happy to look at the wiki again. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 04:17, January 1, 2011 (UTC)

Wiksteria Lane

Hi, I'd like to nominate Wiksteria Lane (http://desperatehousewives.wikia.com/wiki/Desperate_Housewives_Wiki) for a spotlight. We have increased our article count up to 600 (we had 500 last time) and our community has grown from nothing up to about 5 dedicated editors. Another spotlight would help us get even more editors, and with the show returning (with BIG exciting plots and amazing characters returning!) in January, it would be an ideal time to do this. I believe we have everything in order ready to be spotlighted too! Thanks, UFO Editor 14:11, December 21, 2010 (UTC)

Wiksteria Lane is currently going through a quick-redesign (new infoboxes, templates, page layout etc.) so being featured in the coming months would be a big advantage too, as others can see all the hard work we've put into the wiki. UFO Editor 16:25, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
OK, so all the updating is done and the wiki looks great! UFO Editor 16:52, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
Hi. The wiki does look great -- the changes to the design look really sharp. However you guys have already had 2 spotlights in the last 6 months through this page. One of the goals of this request page is to broaden the range of spotlights we put up, so we don't approve more than 2 spotlights for the same wiki in a row without some time in between. We'll be happy to consider your wiki again for the spotlight when some time has passed; early next summer (about 6 months from your last spotlight) seems reasonable to me. I realize that is not as ideal for the timing of the show, and I apologize for that. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 17:15, January 11, 2011 (UTC)

Logopedia

Hello, I'd like to nominate Logopedia for a spotlight. Logopedia is a wiki of logos. Each article has a name of a company or other organization, group, and several other things. Every article includes at least one logo of the corresponding title. If found former logos of that thing are shown. Some articles include the years in which the logo(s) was (were) used. The wiki is extremely organized, with templates at the end of some pages to go with other subsidiaries owned by a certain company (if any). Categories are on every page. There is over 9,500 images. There are two administrators, both bureaucrats (One named Vask, and the other, me, the founder). The main page has several images, and there is little vandalism. We would like to get more publicity so our content expands along with our users. We would really appreciate it if you made us a spotlight. Thanks, Alxeedo TALK 00:58, December 24, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. The Logo wiki looks like a lot of fun. You do have about 250 uncategorized pages that would need to be taken care of for a spotlight. You would also need to customize the community corner on the bottom right side of the Wiki Activity page. Let me know when you have taken care of these issues and I'll be happy to look again. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 17:47, January 11, 2011 (UTC)

Planetpedia Wiki (appproved)

Planetpedia would like to apply for the Wikia Spotlight. We tried our best to make the wiki comply with the best practices. I would like this image to be used for our spotlight. May the description be: There are wonders out in space.....start exploring.

Thomas Wonderson 08:50, January 1, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Thomas. Planetpedia looks pretty good in general. You do have some uncategorized pages -- could you please take care of them? Then I'd be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 21:36, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for taking care of those pages; I've added the wiki to the upcoming spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 17:44, January 12, 2011 (UTC)

Kekkaishi Wikia

Hello! I'm the Admin of Kekkaishi Wikia. I got admin rights a few months ago and me and two or three others have been expanding it, and I think it fits the criteria of earning a Wikia Spotlight. You can use any picture and tagline you like. We'd appreciate it being on the Spotlight. Thanks! -The Abbster 16:56, January 6, 2011 (UTC)

Pokémon Fanon Wiki

Our wiki has met all criteria, and we are going strong. I hope Pokémon Fanon is chosen to be spotlighted. I know many users would love to create their own Pokemon games and the pokemon to be within them. I, Admin Universalguardian1003 promise to do my best at controlling the influx of new users, and I hope our community of 46 active users thanks me. Also, I would like this image to be used, and the words "Make your own Pokemon, games and stories!" as the subtitle.

-Talk To Uni! 22:23, January 6, 2011 (UTC)

The Backyardigans Wiki

Since it has won the contest of Celebrating the Wikis of 2010, The Backyardigans Wiki should get one. No more editors (and maybe even less!) are coming to the wiki because of bad comments (all of them are accidentally saying something about a different wiki that they think is Backyardigans Wiki). Most say that it is inactive (it actually has more than 200 editors a day.) and has barely any pages (has more than700) and just some are rude. And for the subtitle I would like it to say "Together in the backyard again!". Please try to help it, and thank you for taking your time to read this! Sandy Cheeks 13:05, January 8, 2011 (UTC)

Looney City Citizens

Looney City Citizens

I would like to see if Looney City Citizens could have a spotlight. It might not be the best, but there's plenty of articles. It can be found here http://looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page. I need help on how to make a background tho. Moe Howard January 14.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.