FANDOM

(LifeMusic Wiki)
Line 130: Line 130:

::Hi Master Fredcerique. Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary! I appreciate that you are continuing to work so hard on your wiki, and it is fine to keep asking for the spotlight. Your wiki still has too many stubs, as you guessed, to be spotlighted. There is nowhere that you can see the percentage directly, but if you look in Special:ShortPages, you will see a list of all your articles from the shortest to the longest, and their lengths in bytes. You have about 3500 articles, so you should have no more than 700 articles that are stubs, which I define as roughly less than 300 bytes. Right now you have many more than that. I hope that explanation helps you work on expanding your existing pages so that the next time you ask for a spotlight I can approve you for it. -- [[User:Merrystar|<font color="Blue">Wendy</font>]] ([[User talk:Merrystar|<font color="Blue" size="1">talk</font>]])<helper /> 01:06, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

::Hi Master Fredcerique. Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary! I appreciate that you are continuing to work so hard on your wiki, and it is fine to keep asking for the spotlight. Your wiki still has too many stubs, as you guessed, to be spotlighted. There is nowhere that you can see the percentage directly, but if you look in Special:ShortPages, you will see a list of all your articles from the shortest to the longest, and their lengths in bytes. You have about 3500 articles, so you should have no more than 700 articles that are stubs, which I define as roughly less than 300 bytes. Right now you have many more than that. I hope that explanation helps you work on expanding your existing pages so that the next time you ask for a spotlight I can approve you for it. -- [[User:Merrystar|<font color="Blue">Wendy</font>]] ([[User talk:Merrystar|<font color="Blue" size="1">talk</font>]])<helper /> 01:06, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
  +
:::Thank you. I guess that'll be my project for the next few weeks: expanding stubs. I'll see if I can get everyone else to work on that too. Thanks again for the advice. God bless. [[User:Master Fredcerique|Master Fredcerique]] | ([[User talk:Master Fredcerique|Talk]]) 04:33, September 13, 2010 (UTC)

==Fushigi Yuugi Wiki==

==Fushigi Yuugi Wiki==

Revision as of 04:33, September 13, 2010

For non-English spotlights, please visit: International Spotlight Requests
Upcoming Spotlights
Acepedia (9/2)
Wikisimpsons (img) (9/12)

To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wiki and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.

Please post your request at the top of the list!

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the eleven best practices listed on the article page.

Please note: Sometimes it takes a little while for your request to get reviewed -- we really appreciate your patience! We know that you're excited about spotlighting your wiki, and we'll take a look as soon as we can!

Archive Archive 2 Archive 3 Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6 Archive 7 Archive 8 Archive 9 Archive 10

Insane Earthbound Adventures Wiki

I'm hoping to make my wikia more knownPokemasterLink 20:48, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Goosebumps Wiki

I would like to request a spotlight for the Goosebumps Wiki. I really need help, I cannot manage it myself. We have the occassional user, and one person is kind of helping me. It has 217 pages on it. We have a really cool Main Page. I hope you look at it, and if it does not qualify for something, I'll be glad to fix it! Slappy Was Here! 19:54, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Club Penguin Shops Wiki

The Club Penguin Shops Wiki has racked up almost 400 pages in about a month! :D All pages have been categorized, the main page does have images. We also have our own theme. We think we are ready :) We really need the new users :D

http://clubpenguinshops.wikia.com/wiki/Club_Penguin_Shops_Wiki

This user is controlled by Founder Ben 100022

--{{subst:User:CPSW Rockhopper/Sig}} 16:32, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

You have 20 uncategorized pages, you should fix them before Wendy replies. DP 17:29, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
Yes I saw. We are working :) --{{SUBST:User:Ben 100022/Sig}} 00:44, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
Hmm, seems after I categorized 5 wikia slowed and crashed for a minute on my side O_O --{{SUBST:User:Ben 100022/Sig}} 00:49, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
Nvm, finished :D --{{SUBST:User:Ben 100022/Sig}} 00:53, September 13, 2010 (UTC)

Karos Online Wiki

I would like to request a spotlight for Karos Online Wiki. This wiki is made to help players in understanding the basic information about the game. Quests, Classes, Patch notes etc. is updated on a regular basis. I hope it will pass the standards of spotlighting. Thank you very much Richmond831 05:55, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Apple Wiki

I think that this wiki should qualify. I've been working very hard on it. I'm the only editor there (and more than 100 uncategorized pages (but most have categories)), but we come third when "Apple Wiki" is searched, giving us a bit of an advantage. I-20the highway 02:25, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

HTML & CSS Wiki

HTML & CSS Wiki is where users can learn HTML and CSS by using the articles on all the elements and properties. They can also ask for help since the users on HTML & CSS Wiki know a good amount of code knowledge to be able to help them out. So far, I'm the only active editor; other editors are inactive. SSgtGriffin

LPW Wiki

Hello, I am an admin on LPW Wiki, which is the number one source for Lords of Pain Wrestling. Lords of Pain Wrestling is a professionally-operated e-federation that's featured on the Lords of Pain website. Regarded as one of the most competitive and popular e-federations on the world wide web, LPW spans handlers from five continents. Comprised of all original characters, LPW features two distinct brands known as Insanity and Pyromania. Each brand consists of approximately 25 active e-wrestlers, featuring their own championships, shows, and pay-per-view events.

The main page has several features: Featured eWrestlers, which are currently our 8 champions, Featured Event, Featured Championship, featured match from the history of LPW, News, new blogs, and, my personal favourite, the HDtron Jukebox, which has the customized enterance videos of our stars.

The Wiki has over 700 articles, and over 1,100 images! Finally, on behalf of the LPW Wiki staff, would like our Wiki which we have worked on sinec February 24, 2009. If we are accepted, would you be able to use this picture:

LPW_Wiki.png.

Previouly, we had a picture of Christain, who is the base of a retired e-wrestler, and we have no connection to WWE. In the picture linked to above, it features CM Punk, who is the base of one of our current stars. Thank you. Silver Hawx 10:14, September 10, 2010 (UTC)

Mass Effect Wiki

I'm one of the administrators for the Mass Effect Wiki, and after looking through the requirements for a Wiki Spotlight, I believe that the Mass Effect Wiki meets all of the requirements. While our main page is protected, but it had a strong history of vandalism before a member of the staff protected it with I believe the lowest form protection there is. And finally we are always keeping on top of new things in the Mass Effect universe. Lancer1289 21:53, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

The Calvin and Hobbes Wiki

Hello. I am sure that The Calvin and Hobbes Wiki meets all of the requirements for a Wikia Spotlight. The main page is protected, because when the wiki was started, IP's kept vandalizing it. It has been around since Wikia was still Wikicities! Let me know if anything needs changing to conform to the rules.
--Brovie talk 20:10, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

Dinosaur King Wiki

I would like to nominate my Dinosaur King Wiki. It has around 382 pages. It is checked every day for vandals and rule-breakers. --✯DinoQueen13|Talk Contribs✯ 20:27, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

Andromeda wiki Spotlight Request

I would like to request a spotlight for the Andromeda wiki. It is the largest database for information on the Andromeda TV series on the internet, with over a thousand articles and an active community. The url is Andromeda.Wikia.Com, and a spotlight would be much appreciated. Acaeton 02:26, September 10, 2010 (UTC)

Madagascar Wiki

I am one of the admins for this wikia and hope you agree to give it a Spotlight. The Wikia is about the MADAGASCAR SERIES (Movies, and TV Series). --Deb1701 22:35, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

Castle Age Wiki

Castle Age Wiki is the best resource for information on the Facebook (and MySpace) game called Castle Age. Castle Age is a Top 100 app according to AppData. I am an admin at this wiki. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 4:16 PM PST 9 Sep 2010

MOVIE WEAPON WIKI

HI!!! This is my newly made wiki: http://www.movieweapon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page, that really need promoting as a lot of work needs to be done on it!!! please choose this one --Moviemaster1993 20:32, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

Not to burst your bubble, but the Spotlights require 200+ content pages, and you only have 24. --✯DinoQueen13|Talk Contribs✯ 20:46, September 9, 2010 (UTC)

Dragon Ball Wiki

Hey! This is SSJ4 Lewich, an Administrator on the Dragon Ball Wiki! I think that our Wiki conforms to all the rules set. Let me know if anything needs changing!  SSJ4 Lewich  talk  contribs 

Paul is Dead Hoax Wiki

This is my first time trying to request a spotlight. I recently created this Wiki and want to promote it so that I won't be the only one working on it. I only have 4 pagesMaxwell157 19:48, September 8, 2010 (UTC)Maxwell157

Hi Maxwell. Without a link to the wiki, I can't review it directly, however wikis need at least 200 articles to be spotlighted through this page. You can see all the spotlight criteria that the wiki needs to meet here. Good luck with your new wiki, and feel free to ask again when you meet all the criteria. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:11, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Wikisimpsons

We had a spotlight a while ago but next month, September, a new series is going to air. Season 22 starts near the end of September so we would like to be spotlighted in the September-October period. We have an image to be used now, here, if you wouldn't mind. We still fulfil all the criteria, I think. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 20:33, August 29, 2010 (UTC)

The main page is fully protected as well as we have recently redone it and want to limit vandalism. It still gets vandalised by some users with protection down. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 20:34, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. Wikisimpsons is in great shape and still meets all the spotlight requirements. I will be happy to add it to the spotlight list. However your image needs to be resized to 200x75px . Please let me know when it has been resized and I will add the link. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:05, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
I have resized the image. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 06:58, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Chrono Wiki

I am the admin for the Chrono Series aka the Chrono Wiki. I have a decent about of active participation in the wiki, but I would love to promote it further if I get a chance to get featured in the spotlight. We currently hold a Crimson Echoes namespace which still need much work on as well as Chrono Cross section that featured many red links. Although Chrono Trigger has many articles in its name, we can always use more. We hold over 1200 articles pages and have gain 300 in less than three months. By getting the spotlight we can increase to over 2000 articles goal. We are a friendly bunch of people and we continuously moderate for vandalism and correcting/adding anything we see fit! I hope you'll consider our small active community in the spotlight.

Visit our page!

--Zeypher 14:54, August 29, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Zeypher. Chrono Wiki looks really nice, and it sounds like it is growing quickly! There are a few of the spotlight criteria which it does not currently meet. There are about 100 uncategorized pages; could you please sort them? Also, you would need to add a link to new images somewhere in your sidebar menu. The biggest problem right now though is stub content. You have nearly 700 pages, which is over half of your content, tagged into a stub category. You would need to trim this down to about 250 pages, or 1/5th of the content. Please let me know when you have taken care of these issues and I will be happy to review the wiki for a spotlight again. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 02:58, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

LifeMusic Wiki

I know this is our third attempt, but we've grown a whole lot since the last request. I believe we're finally ready. Thanks and God bless! Master Fredcerique | (Talk) 18:53, August 26, 2010 (UTC)

• We recently celebrated our one year anniversary. We also have an online Bible and an ArtShare project (a project were users upload art, whether music, pictures, quotes, etc., and have them critiqued by the wiki community). If the stubs are a problem, please tell me how I can find out the percentage of articles that are stubs. Thanks. Master Fredcerique | (Talk) 18:23, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Hi Master Fredcerique. Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary! I appreciate that you are continuing to work so hard on your wiki, and it is fine to keep asking for the spotlight. Your wiki still has too many stubs, as you guessed, to be spotlighted. There is nowhere that you can see the percentage directly, but if you look in Special:ShortPages, you will see a list of all your articles from the shortest to the longest, and their lengths in bytes. You have about 3500 articles, so you should have no more than 700 articles that are stubs, which I define as roughly less than 300 bytes. Right now you have many more than that. I hope that explanation helps you work on expanding your existing pages so that the next time you ask for a spotlight I can approve you for it. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 01:06, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. I guess that'll be my project for the next few weeks: expanding stubs. I'll see if I can get everyone else to work on that too. Thanks again for the advice. God bless. Master Fredcerique | (Talk) 04:33, September 13, 2010 (UTC)

Fushigi Yuugi Wiki

Umm, I'd like the Fushigi Yuugi wiki to be more popular, I worked it (along with others, of course) to create many content pages. I need contributors and I think it would be fit for spotlighting.

kakonomomone 09:40, August 25, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. You seem to be doing a great job expanding the content of this wiki. There are a few things that need to be worked on to meet the spotlight criteria. You have a bunch of uncategorized pages; could you please sort them out? Also could you please add a link to New pictures in your sidebar menu (wherever you feel it fits). Finally, and most importantly, your custom skin appears to be incomplete; the top space is just blank, the logo cuts off mid-picture, and there is no "Wikia" logo visible. Additionally some things are unreadable (black on black) on the main page as well. Please finish customizing your skin (you may find users at the Forums can help if you have questions), and fix the other issues. Let me know when you have done all of that and I will look at your wiki again for the spotlight. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 00:40, September 12, 2010 (UTC)

Nerf Wiki

I would like the Nerf Wiki to be more popular. Me and a team of great editors fixed it up a lot. It has many pages and lots of info. I want it to be more popular, because I have put a lot of work in it and don't want it to be wasted. I would like to see it more popular because it is a nice wiki. Cpt. RileyLet's Talk 03:09, August 24, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Nerf Wiki looks like a lot of fun, and I'm sure your work won't be wasted. Unfortunately, wikis need at least 200 content pages in order to ask for a spotlight on this page. Please ask again when you can meet all of the spotlight criteria. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:57, September 8, 2010 (UTC)

Good Eats Wiki

I'd like to have the Good Eats Wiki spotlighted again. It has over 1,600 articles, all started by me mostly. I need some help! —This unsigned comment is by Metnever (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Hi. Good Eats Wiki has a few tweaks it needs in order to meet the spotlight criteria. Could you please customize the Community Corner and add a link to new images in the sidebar menu? There are about 30 uncategorized pages that need to be tagged. Finally, about 1/3rd of your content is a short/stub page (less than 300 bytes); for a spotlight you would need to trim that number to about 330, or 1/5th of your content. Please ask again when you have a chance to work on these issues. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:52, September 8, 2010 (UTC)

Rush Wiki

I'd like to request a spotlight for the Rush Wiki. I'm working on the tour dates and discography currently with another user. We just went over 200 articles. --Metnever 22:17, August 8, 2010 (UTC)

Love the wiki, and as a fan it pains me to tell you, that I doubt the Helper is going to approve your wiki due to the following: Out of 340 articles 93 are under 300 bytes, and 44 Uncategorized pages of which some appear to be content. Suggestions are to deal with all those date pages, I'd almost suggest coming up a way to put them together like either by Month or Year instead of by day. Instruments are hurting your stub count too, I'd suggest writing the features of the instruments and studio songs/tour songs they used them on. Devilmanozzy (Talk Page) 07:09, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. You've done a great job so far on the wiki. As Devilmanozzy says, there are a few things you need to do in order to meet all of the spotlight criteria. First could you please customize your Community Corner (on the My Home page, bottom right hand side) and add a link to new photos in your sidebar menu? You still have about 20 uncategorized pages, which need to be sorted. Finally, you have about 100 short/stub articles; with 350 articles that number would need to be no more than 70 in order to be only 1/5th of your total content. Please let me know when you have had a chance to work on these issues, and I will be happy to look at the wiki again. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:33, September 8, 2010 (UTC)

Land Before Time Wiki.

It's been a while since Land Before Time Wiki was last spotlighted, and I'm pretty sure it still meets the criteria for spotlights. I'd like for it to be displayed again. Will-Girl 19:51, August 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Will-Girl. Land Before Time Wiki has a few tweaks that it needs before it will meet the current spotlight criteria. There are a couple of uncategorized pages, and the Community Corner needs to be updated. More importantly, a large portion of your content is currently a stub (roughly, less than 300 bytes as listed in Special:ShortPages) -- nearly 1/3rd of it. To be spotlighted you would need to decrease the number of short, stub articles down to about 130, or 1/5th of your total content. Please ask again when you have had a chance to expand these articles and strengthen the wiki content. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:19, September 8, 2010 (UTC)

Ace Combat Wikia

Hello, I'm an administrator at the Ace Combat Wikia/Acepedia, which covers all information of the legendary Ace Combat flight simulation series. The Wikia was in an absolture state of decay in 2009, being overrun with spam & fanfiction. I talked with a fellow admin in early January, and both of us were sysop'ed by the remaining admin. Ever since we've run a massive sweep in the Wikia, erasing fanfics & executing (READ AS: blocking for 5 years) all IPs/members involved. Our place has a lacking userbase, with new members being something akin to a miracle (note the hyperbole.) We've got over 750 pages, and we're trying to add all information possible to the site. An Spotlight would certainly help us to increase our userbase.ProtoStealth 02:31, August 2, 2010 (UTC)

Bump. --Havoc'48 16:53, August 24, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Ace Combat Wiki looks great - I can see you've put a lot of work into it. In order to be spotlighted, you will need to turn back on the Wikia auto-welcome system. Please let me know when you have done that and I will be happy to add the wiki to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 15:10, August 31, 2010 (UTC)

Alright, MediaWiki:welcome has been set to "@protostealth". All preparations are complete. --ProtoStealth 19:34, August 31, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for turning that on. I've added you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 03:20, September 2, 2010 (UTC)

Modern Wikia

Hello, I am the founder of Modern Wikia and it has been 6-8 months since our last spotlight and we have recently grown to 250 articles and still growing. I would like to request a spotlight not only to get contributors but build the community and have users engage in contributing and social interaction.--Andrew Schlieffen (talk · contr) 16:43, August 1, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Andrew. Modern Wiki looks great but it does not currently meet the spotlight criteria. Could you please add an image to your main page? Also you need a link to Special:NewFiles somewhere in the sidebar. Of more concern to me, you appear to have put nearly all of your content into one big catch-all category. This is not a helpful category structure for visitors, as intended by the spotlight criteria. Could you please work on adding more specific categories to your content pages? You have a few already (eg. Category:Ecology), but they are largely empty right now. You should probably consider adding more, for things such as countries, governments, world events, wars, etc. Please let me know when you have worked on this and I will reconsider your request. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 14:48, August 31, 2010 (UTC)

Neopets Wiki

Hello, I am Ben 100022. When I adopted this wiki over a year ago I was under the name Sonamy4000. And now I have helped this wiki. We have over 1,200 articles. 1,267 to be exact. We few editors believe we need this so we can get many users onto our wiki. We are combing through the old pages that were left to rot when RJ and the others quit in about 07 or 08. The wiki was founded in 2004! Meaning the wiki is almost 6 years old. In december our wiki will be celebrating and we hope to bring many more users with this spotlight request. I will, in closing, leave a link to the site: http://neopets.wikia.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

Sincerely,

Admin of the Neopets Wiki,

Ben 100022

Hi. Neopets Wiki looks great -- you've obviously been working hard on it. A few tweaks are needed to meet the spotlight criteria. First could you add a link to new images somewhere in your sidebar menu? Second, you have over 20uncategorized pages]]. Could you please take care of them? Finally, your main page does not have any links to the main content. A list of major categories, or some sort of image gallery with links to major categories would be really helpful there. Please let me know when you have taken care of these issues. -- Wendy (talk)@fandom 04:17, August 31, 2010 (UTC)

The Wheel Of Time Wiki

Hi. I think that we meet all the criteria. Over the past year me and the other new Admins have fixed up the wiki to make it look nice and include everything needed to be spotlighted. It has almost every single character from The Wheel of Time universe completely up to date with the new book out last year and prepared for the new book coming out this fall. So I was making this formal request to get a spotlight so we can bring in more users and start a forum soon. Thank you for considering our wiki.--OPTIMOUS 18:02, July 27, 2010 (UTC)

The Wheel of Time Wiki looks really good. However at the moment you have over 1000 pages in your stub categories (so 1/4th of your content); you'd need to reduce that by a few hundred pages so that stubs made up no more than 1/5th of your content (around 800 pages) in order to meet the spotlight criteria. The apparent goal of having a page for each chapter in this long series is very ambitious! Please ask again when you've had a chance to fill in the content a bit more. -- Wendy (talk) 03:20, August 4, 2010 (UTC)

Prison Break Wiki

Hello, I think that this wiki meets all the requirements. We have requested the badges system as well. Thanks in advance, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk AVATAR Wiki 03:45, July 25, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. You need to fix the text on your main page, which is currently white on white background and unreadable. You may find the Wikia Forums a good place to ask if you need help with it. Let me know when that is sorted and I'll look at the wiki for the rest of the spotlight criteria. -- Wendy (talk) 03:05, August 4, 2010 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.