|Approved for Help|
To request Community Development Team help with your wiki, click the "Add your request" button and enter the name of the wiki plus a description of what you want help with. Don't forget to sign your request with ~~~~.
UPDATE: We are now accepting requests for help with general clean-up and organization as well as content creation. If your wiki could use help with these things and meets the best practices linked below, then let us know!
I hope in the future spotlight can smartly suggest wikis that might be interesting to users, based on user's past browsing history. Currently it only shows a certain fixed group of wikis, which makes them look like ads. Please make it a web 2.0 feature!Reasno 杰诺斯·史林特 03:00, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
Hey. I'm requesting a Revamp, or I suppose design change for the half-life wiki. Since the fork, (I'm sure you know, the wiki forked a while back) The main page has basically stayed the same, It needs to be reworked, so well you guys are at it, you may as well make a nice change. Only thing i ask is you don't change the pages from white, and you don't make pages transparent. (In my opinion it just dampens the appeal and makes it look less professional) Let me know on my talk or however this works. Danke. (Pardon the grammar, It's like 8:24 AM here and i haven't slept :P )kat [Talk]
- Hi KATANAGOD. Half-Life Wiki is in great shape, so added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 23:27, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
Hi JoePlay, DSM144 recommend to me that I should go visit you to reamp the site. I've reviewed the requirements and seen that my wiki has met them. I'm an Active Admin current and I would like it if you could touch the site up. Thanks.
Z3R0R3104D is Desu Desu [lit. I'm awesome] 04:53, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Z3R0R3104D. Thanks for checking the requirements. I added Aquarion Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 23:28, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I am the administrator and founder of Puppy in My Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville Wiki, and I wondered if you guys could help make it look more better, I've done alot of work on it, with some help from unredgistered user (who commonly work on some of the pages). It doesn't have much users, but I done a good job working on it, all I really need is a good background and home page. Do you think, you could be able to help? best regards Niko Banks 19:08, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Niko. In order to be approved, please put these few uncategorized pages into an appropriate category. Also, three of those pages have no content. After you've taken care of that, make a reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the list. JoePlay (talk) 20:02, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Ultra Dragonball Wiki
Ultra Dragonball Wiki is a Wiki I know very well and might need this, Thanks. Kuzey457 19:16, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Kuzey. Requests for help can only be made by an admin. If the admins at Ultra Dragonball Wiki want help, please tell them to first make sure that wiki meets the best practices criteria. Then have one of them leave a message here describing what they want help with. Thanks. JoePlay (talk) 20:08, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
I have been running the Channel Wiki for a couple of months now, and I saw that you guys are starting to do request to make your wiki "awesome". Just in a short sentence, can you guys, the staff of Wikia, revamp my Channel Wiki wiki? ~SonicDude (Talk) (Blog) (Contribs) 16:49, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi SonicDude. In order to be approved, the wiki will need to meet the best practices requirements, most notably having 50 pages and no uncategorized pages. Once the wiki reaches that level, come back and make a reply here, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the list. JoePlay (talk) 17:55, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi WCDDoherty. At the wiki you linked to, you only have one edit, so I assume you meant to link here. In order for your request to be approved, the wiki will need to meet the best practices criteria. So you'll need to decrease the number of stubs (pages with less than 200 bytes listed at Special:ShortPages) to 30 or less. There are also a lot of uncategorized pages (Special:UncategorizedPages) that need to be put into at least one category. Once that has been done, come back and make a reply to let me know, and I'll add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 18:08, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I'm Live- Action 88, and I really know my friend Riley, helped out with the home page alot, but I really want it to look as neat as it can. If you could please neaten it up a bit, add some categories like Fan-Made puppet videos, Featured Puppet, Featured Play and Featured User that would be great.
I know this is alot, but thank you.
- Hi Live-Action88. In order for your request to be approved, the wiki will need to meet the best practices criteria, most notably the parts about total pages (at least 50), stubs/short pages (20% or less), and uncategorized pages. Once the wiki meets those requirements, please come back and make a new request. JoePlay (talk) 18:12, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
The KingdomKeepers Wiki
Please can you help advitise my wiki:
Gusey1397 11:01, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Gusey. If you want your wiki be advertised with a Wikia spotlight, you'll need to make a request at Community Central talk:Spotlights where Wendy will respond to you. JoePlay (talk) 18:16, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
While its "sister-wiki" will also need some design in the future, its small for another month or so...
...and since the Duel Masters wiki has always need a decent homepage, any help for a revamp would be nice. The current background is generally perfect for its theme already, but the wiki has also looked the same for 2-3 years now, and could do with a snazzy new look. :)
I have a list of links on the talkpage for the mainpage that I would like to include, but a few versions I've played with have just made it look messy.
Looking forward to a response. Yami Michael 13:19, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Yami. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Duel Masters Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 19:25, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
Hey i want to see my wikia in a nice look Meena wiki is my own wiki. so it will be good if you guys help me
- Please read the best practices linked at the top of the page. Those requirements must be met before any request can be approved. JoePlay (talk) 19:30, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
South of Nowhere Wiki
The South of Nowhere Wiki needs some sprucing up. I took over as a crat in 2010 and have done some things here and there to spruce it up a bit, but I think it could still use a little more help in the design department for which I'm just not that great at. I believe the wiki meets the criteria and would be welcomed to any help.--Ϟ Lightning | strike Ϟ 22:09, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Lightning-strike. The wiki does meet the requirements, so I added South of Nowhere Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 19:33, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok--Ϟ Lightning | strike Ϟ 00:21, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, I would like to request help with designing a new favicon for the Monsuno Wiki. I've tried my hand at it, but everything I try is either the wrong file type or just looks crappy. Preferably, it could use .
Hi, we would currently like to try and get more editors on our wiki, and possibly have it as spotlight. If you could do that for us, that would be great, thank you so much. Orbstar 01:14, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Orbstar. For a spotlight, please post your request at Talk:Spotlights. Wendy will respond to you there. Thanks. JoePlay (talk) 19:47, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
the link is there i copy pages to much and i need somebody who can make the pages in there own words i need a some cleanup on my wiki as well. N64dude 15:58, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
And also i need somebody to make me coummitiyfor my wiki as wellN64dude 16:01, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi N64dude. In order to meet the best practices requirements, you'll need to add these uncategorized pages into at least one category. Once that has been done, come back and reply here to let me know. JoePlay (talk) 20:06, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
Resident Evil Role-play Wiki
I'm the founder of this wiki and need some help with getting at least 5 profiles and 3 likes on Facebook.
Plus a few users from Resident Evil Wiki have suggested to have it combined with my wiki, but I don't know who the founder is.
You don't have to answer this staright away. Haalyle 09:39, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Haalyle. It sounds like you want to attract visitors and/or editors. A quick and easy thing you can do is add the wiki to the list at Admin Central:Main Page/Wikis that need editors. You can also find some good tips on this page at the Help Wiki. About Resident Evil Wiki, the lead admin is Forerunner. JoePlay (talk) 17:01, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
hi i need serious help on my wiki its called www.clubpenguinACES.wikia.com
- Hi FanOfZuko. In order to be approved for design help, the wiki will need to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of this page, most notably the lines about having 50 pages, no uncategorized pages, and short pages (stubs). Once the wiki meets those, please come back and make a new request, and I'll be happy to add it to the approved list. If you're just needing general editing help, there are plenty of tutorials at Help Wiki. JoePlay (talk) 17:01, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hi ! I wonder, can you create me a new background for this wiki ? Anything matches ! sanbagarasu
- Hi Sanbagarasu. The only thing the wiki needs to meet the best practices is to put these few uncategorized pages into an appropriate category. Once that's been done, make a reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 21:28, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I've requested here before for the same wiki but just for a wordmark. Now I want to add more things since it is growing with over 500 pages. So I just want more interesting new things on the wiki that would make it more, X-Men, thanks :)10:36, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi New Captain. The wiki is still in good shape, so I added X-Men Movies Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 21:32, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
This is just a simple request for a couple of color changes; not really a full site redesign. The first styling change that I'd like to have done is to recolor the new messages box for the Wall feature. It used to be that the border was completely black with the subject line and the text area for the body of the message in #090909 gray; however, a couple of days ago I decided to change the colors for buttons in order to have them show up better, and this somehow changed the color of the new messages box as well. I'd like it to be restored to the way it was prior to the change, as well as the user info box at the top of a user's "User:" and "User talk:" pages, which used to have a gray to black gradient at the top.
That leads me to my next request: Since I changed the button colors, the "Start a new wiki" button in the header blends in with the rest of the header. If possible, I would like that button to be turned black so that it will stand out.
Does the wiki qualify?
The requester should be either an admin, or link to a discussion with an admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help.
I am the founding administrator of the wiki.
The wiki should have at least one active admin, meaning he or she has made at least one edit in the last 7 days.
It has two active admins: myself and MTracey1.
The wiki should have at least 50 content pages. Stubs (pages listed at Special:ShortPages that are less than 200 bytes) should make up no more than 1/5th (20%) of all pages on the wiki.
Right now, we are the largest racing game wiki on Wikia, with 2,445 content pages as of this writing. Of those, only 37 are under 200 bytes.
The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category. (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty.)
I just got through categorizing the seven pages which were previously uncategorized; it may take a minute or two for Special:UncategorizedPages to update, however.
The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals. It should be a stable, friendly place.
The wiki is currently calm.
The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by the admin(s) (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin).
Our wiki uses the Welcome tool, and it's set to @sysop.
The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
We have strict rules against bad language and anything offensive at all.
- Hi Gp75. The wiki is still in good shape, so I added Gran Turismo Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 19:49, May 22, 2012 (UTC)
The KingdomKeepers Wiki
How do you add an article of the week to your wiki?Gusey1397 16:04, May 22, 2012 (UTC)
hi guys i could really use some help attracting new users to my wiki http://clubpenguinaces.wikia.com/wiki/ClubpenguinACES_Wiki so please can u help me id really appriciate it :) ForeverAFanOfZuko 00:30, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi FanOFZuko. You can find some helpful tips at Help:Attracting contributors, but the best way to attract new users is to request a spotlight, which you can do at Community Central talk:Spotlights, where Wendy will respond to you. JoePlay (talk) 22:00, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Vampire Academy Series Wiki
Hi. I would really appreciate it if I got some help out on the Vampire Academy Series Wiki with categorization. I seem to be the only active user there (the other admin has been busy offline and the other users have been inactive), and I could use the help. Thank you in advance! Love and Lust 03:11, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Love and Lust. I added Vampire Academy Wiki to the approved list, and someone from the team will follow up with you soon. JoePlay (talk) 17:56, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, it's me again. It turns out that I also need help with creating a new logo for the Wiki. Thank you! Love and Lust 02:48, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Hi. I'm just asking for some help in making a background skin for Kanon Wiki, since I don't know how to make one. I think the wiki follows all of the criteria. Aassdddai talk 10:21, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Aassdddai. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Kanon Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 17:57, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
03:23, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Random. The wiki is on good shape, so I added Neutronized Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 22:14, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
A.N.T. Farm Wiki
Hi there, I am an admin from the A.N.T. Farm Wiki. I would like to request a new logo, etc. Our wiki has become popular recently and we could greatly benefit from this. I have requested on Logo Creation, but I now know that it is un-useful and no one ever replies. Thanks. -- Evanf
- Hi Evanf. The wiki is in great shape, so I added A.N.T. Farm Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 20:25, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Can you help me get a new background for our Hunter x Hutner wiki. Some editors are already requesting for a new background so I'm really hoping you can help us. Thanks :) - Darkchylde
- Hi Darkchylde. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Hunterpedia to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 20:25, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
The Secret Circle Wiki
Hi! I'm an admin of The Secret Circle Wiki . While I was making something new for the Wiki's main page, some problems came up and I can't solve them. For example, the category bar at the end of the page remains in the right column, and this is the only Wiki I can see with this problem. Another thing is that I would like to link the other Wikis for the Secret Circle which have another language (e.g. French Secret Circle Wiki). And at last, the template 'Blogs' doesn't work. Or at least, it doesn't show up. And I've tried to look on other wikis the source code they were using and pasted it, but nothing changes. I have no idea how to correct these issues. If you wouldn't mind helping me with it, I'd be very glad. Thanks for your future help !
SecretCircleMegaFan 14:35, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
Tom and Jerry wiki
Now I'm an admin on the Tom and Jerry wiki. And we need a new logo and a background, because our current ones aren't working that well. So can you plase help us? I AM A LEGEND AND A ORANGE 04:23, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Killer365. In order to be approved, the wiki needs to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of this page. This means that these uncategorized pages will need to be put into one or more appropriate categories, and the number of stubs (short pages that are less than 200 bytes) will need to be 62 or less (20% of total pages on the wiki). When those things have been taken care of, please come back and reply here to let me know, and I'll add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 17:30, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Monsuno Wiki (con't)
Hello, I'm Abce2, one of the admins on the Monsuno Wiki. Although the Main Page is really good, there are a couple things missing from it that I would like to see if I could have help with. I have already tried contacting the Content Team member who originally created it, but she has not replied in months.
- A Featured Article section. I have not been able to track down the font used.
- A fifth bubble added to the "Good Guys" line of bubbles. The fifth one would be called "Dax".
- Hi Abce2. The wiki is still in great shape, so I added Monsuno Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 16:24, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I'd like to request help with content creation and organization on Aquarium Wiki. Thank you :-)01:24, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Tech. The wiki meets the requirements for content creation and organization, so I added Aquarium Wiki to the approved list. Someone from the team will contact you soon. JoePlay (talk) 16:31, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Modern combat 2 wiki
please its just plain white can you help me spruce it up i am a admin there it meets all requiremnetsTurreteer 01:57, June 14, 2012 (UTC)Turreteer
- Hi Turreteer. In order to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page, please put these uncategorized pages into one or more appropriate categories. Once that has been done, come back and reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 18:07, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I'm a bureaucrat on the TESFanon wiki I would like to request a few appearance-wise changes. The wiki is in good shape but we've sadly failed with attempting to create appropriate, high definition images on the background and main page. Can you please see if you can follow up on TESFanon? We hope to achieve a stylish wiki before Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC is released. Thanks, Nanosoldier 17:07, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Nanosoldier. The wiki is in good shape, so I added The Elder Scrolls Fanon Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 18:25, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Charmed Answers Wikia
So, I want the Charmed Answers wikia, Made better with design and ect. I ad a word with User:Dopp about it and she said it was worth asking if they could be done. If so i want
- Background Image (if possible)
The Wikia is here
Hey, Im an admin on the Nikita Wikia, And we have all our pages in the short pages list How come that is because it cant be they have long content, anyway we don't want a content thing, but we are asking could we jusst have a background made? or would we have to complete thee Guidelines,
One More thing do you know the thing do you know this
For help with content creation and/or organization, your wiki must follow these best practices:
- The requester should be either an admin, or link to a discussion with an admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help.
- The wiki should have at least one active admin, meaning he or she has made at least one edit in the last 7 days.
- The wiki should have at least 50 content pages.
- The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals. It should be a stable, friendly place.
- The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by the admin(s) (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin).
- The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
Do you need to meet the guidelines above them if not could we have that?
- Hi Original Authority. As you noticed, there are two separate sets of best practices - one for design help and one for content creation/organization help. The criteria for content help is a little lower (fewer requirements) than for design help. So if an admin only wants help with content, the wiki only needs to meet that second set of best practices.
- On Special:ShortPages, it lists all pages on the wiki, in the order of shortest to longest. (Notice the numbers to the right, listed in bytes.) So it's normal to see all pages there. As far as the "stubs" requirement goes, I generally define a stub as a page that is shorter than 200 bytes. So as long as the number of pages on a wiki that are less than 200 bytes is equal to or less than 20% of the total number of pages, it meets that requirement. Nikita Wiki only has 4 "stubs," which is far less than 20% of its 120 total pages. (Fun fact: Special:LongPages lists all pages on the wiki too, but in order of longest to shortest.)
- Anyway, Nikita Wiki is in good shape, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 18:31, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
New colour scheme for Orcs Must Die! Wiki
Hello, I am an administrator on Orcs Must Die! Wiki. With the release of OMD!2 coming up next month, I want the wiki to have an attractive new look to get a good start. While I can work with CSS, I am more of a tech-guy than a designer. Right now I am having issues with choosing proper colours and creating a nice fitting background image. I wanted to give the wiki a better relation to OMD! by using some darker colours that fit in the style of the game.
Purple is introduced with OMD!2, as this resembles the addition of the new character The Sorceress. I think using these references might give the wiki some closer bonds with part 2 of the game, but I have no good combining skills to make such changes work out.
At this time I fear there are not enough images released by Robot Entertainment to construct a nice background. All official released community material can be found at http://assets.robotentertainment.com/Orcs-Must-Die-2/. On the bright side, I have access to very large background images from OMD!1 (1920x1200 px background images from the game files) and all carousel images found at the official OMD! website.
Right now all infobox templates used have their colour schemes hard-coded because I did not have administrator access at the time I made all infoboxes. I am planning on rewriting them to made use of CSS classes. On the bright side, not many infoboxes are used right now so this won't be much work when I have to adapt them to the new colour scheme.
I took the liberty of going through some randomly picked recently completed community design team designs. The background image in .WikiaPageBackground used on TESFanon was something I liked. How well would something combine with OMD!Wiki?
At last I have a question about spotlights. What would be the best time to request a spotlight? Would it be best to sync it with the release of the game (june 30) or by waiting some time for the wiki to get some actual content on OMD!2? I could use some extra editors because I am pretty much on my own (with the occasional help of a friend). At the same time I won't want to scare new users away with a wiki that has not much content. I think I will be able to get a lot of content up in a very short amount of time. When there is not much changed to the structure of the game files, I will be able to read them as easily as with OMD!1. ~ Flightmare 13:05, June 27, 2012 (UTC)