Community Central
Community Central
Line 197: Line 197:

:Thanks Balistic. As always, the Mafia Wars Wiki is in great shape, so I just added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. [[User:JoePlay|<b>JoePlay</b>]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb33036/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png [[User talk:JoePlay|<font size="1">(talk)</font>]] 21:10, June 23, 2011 (UTC)

:Thanks Balistic. As always, the Mafia Wars Wiki is in great shape, so I just added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. [[User:JoePlay|<b>JoePlay</b>]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb33036/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png [[User talk:JoePlay|<font size="1">(talk)</font>]] 21:10, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
  +
::Thanks :D&ndash;<span style="font-family:Calibri;">[[File:BalisticSig2.png|x19px|link=User:Balistic Pve]][[User:Balistic Pve|<font color="#7777cc">alistic</font>]] 00:57, 24 June 2011 (UTC)</span>

Revision as of 00:57, 24 June 2011

Approved for Help
Encyclopedia Barsoomia Wiki (6/21)
Warriors theory Wiki (6/21)
Mafia Wars Wiki (6/23)

To request Content Team help with your wiki, post the name of the wiki and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the best practices listed on the article page.

UPDATE: Hello everyone. Some of you may know me, but allow me to introduce myself. I'm Joe, and I've been working on our Gaming wikis for the last 3+ years. In my new role as Content Manager, I am the person dedicated to fulfilling the community requests made here—custom themes, logos, main page designs, etc. I've rolled up my sleeves, and I'm ready to work, so let's get those requests coming in! :) JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk)

Archive 1

D. Gray Man Wiki

Hi there, I'm an admin at the D.Gray Man Wikia and i was wondering if someone could create an background image. I tried to create some but all of them failed. I hope that you can create one, I already thank you for your time. ProGamerP9 (UserpageTalk) 10:54, April 23, 2011 (UTC)

Hi ProGamerP9. The wiki looks to be in great shape. I've added it to the approved list and will follow up with you at your wiki. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:39, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
Done! JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 19:49, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

Shrek wiki

I run the Shrek wiki and would like to be able to request a spotlight by the time the next movie comes out after Christmas. We have around 240 pages, but about 75 stubs, so we need to fill up another 20-30 pages before we request. —Preceding signed comment added by Airhogs777 (talkcontribsWP) 19:19, April 24, 2011 (UTC)

Oh, just saw the discussion above about this not being the place to request content :( —Preceding signed comment added by Airhogs777 (talkcontribsWP) 22:40, April 24, 2011 (UTC)

Jell-O Wiki

I would love to revamp the Jell-O Wiki's homepage. I need something to entice users to edit. Mr. Grille (talk page) 19:04, May 4, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Mr. Grille. Please look at the best practices that we require wikis to meet in order to be approved for help. Once the Jell-O Wiki has met the requirements, come back and leave another message, and I'll be glad to help improve the wiki's appearance. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 20:41, May 4, 2011 (UTC)

Prototype wiki

I recently adopted the Prototype wiki and wanted to request a new background. I couldn't find quality images of the two main characters of the game. I recently found this image on the prototype 2 website. I tried to add Mercer (right side) to the image but it didn't turn out well. Can anyone help us with a new background? I'm also open to any changes/suggestions about organizing the main page (since I haven't completed the contents section). Thank you. Vatsa 11:33, May 6, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Vasta. Great work you've done so far on the Prototype Wiki! I've added it to the approved list and will start working on your request ASAP. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 20:50, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
Done! JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 05:00, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you. Vatsa 13:23, May 7, 2011 (UTC)

The World of Cars Online Wiki

Hello, I'm an admin at The World of Cars Wiki and I like what you have at the D.Gray-man wiki. I would like to have a I kind of "line of fire" under the header where it is written wikia, start a wiki, etc. Like the Grayman wiki, which I mentioned, there is a picture of a guy right near the wiki activity button. So i would like the "fire" to be like that but right under the header. And it would not cover the whole area, but only a line right under the header. I know this sounds wierd, but you might have understood by now. So could you please do this in the World of Cars Wiki?

-- Mcharshy My Talk[[Special:Editcount/Mcharshy|Special:Editcount/Mcharshy Edits In this Wiki]]Email Me 10:05, May 8, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Mcharshy. The only thing The World of Cars Online Wiki needs in order to meet the best practices is to put these uncategorized pages into one or more appropriate categories. Once that has been done, leave a message here stating so, and I'll add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 21:01, May 9, 2011 (UTC)
Hey there, I've done all the categorizing. And because the data is cached it isn't updated for me. So I had to double check it all. Some of them also had to be deleted because they weren't related to the game and stuff. So it's all done.
Update:Oh, I forgot to tell you. I don't want a new bg as the existing background is perfectly fine.

-- Mcharshy My Talk[[Special:Editcount/Mcharshy|Special:Editcount/Mcharshy Edits In this Wiki]]Email Me 04:47, May 10, 2011 (UTC)

Good job getting those pages categorized so quickly! I've added World of Cars Online Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 18:19, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
Great.:)

-- Mcharshy My Talk[[Special:Editcount/Mcharshy|Special:Editcount/Mcharshy Edits In this Wiki]]Email Me 12:59, May 14, 2011 (UTC)

Ao no Exorcist Wiki

Hello, I would like to request a theme for the Ao no Exorcist Wiki. With THIS image as background tile. Also could you make it with THIS image as the background on the left side. Or with THIS image. but I think it would look better if you put the image below with another one which I can't find. Which is with the other character like in the first picture. I will try to find it if I can.DSM144 19:00, May 9, 2011 (UTC)

219226 202020189838593 100000918403733 579835 6739841 o

This one on the right side (without the texts).

Hi DSM144. Be sure to read the best practices criteria. There are a few things the Ao no Exorcist Wiki needs to do in order to be approved, such as making sure there are no uncategorizes pages, reducing the amount of stubs (short, incomplete articles), and reaching the 100 article milestone - only 10 more to go! When these things have been completed, come back and leave a new message, and I'll add Ao no Exorcist Wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 21:18, May 9, 2011 (UTC)

Survivor Wiki

Hi! I have been the new admin of the Survivor.wikia site, thanks to Ohmyn0. The 100kb thing is so limiting, so I kinda need somebody like you to help me make my wiki makeover. Since April, I'm trying to save the site from bad edits, unecessary pages and fanfics that have been placed there as articles. I am halfway over from making over the articles, finishing the first eleven seasons and currently working at the twelfth.

Our current wallpaper is the Survivor 10th anniversary buff, and i'm getting tired of it. I kinda want to have a darkly-wallpaper with Jeff Probst (preferably a picture probably taken by sunset). The Main page i think needed some overhaul. If there some disconnect, The wiki logo needed some change to fit the new wallpaper. Thanks. Iankevinsevilla 23:46, May 11, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Iankevinsevilla. The only thing Survivor Wiki needs in order to meet the best practices is to put these uncategorized pages into one or more appropriate categories. Once that has been done, leave a message here stating that it's been done, and I'll add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:27, May 12, 2011 (UTC)

Pandora Hearts Background

Ok, I'll work hard on filling the requirements on Ao no Exorcist Wiki. I wanted to ask if it is possible to make a background for the Pandora Hearts Wiki. It has 100+ pages and I think that it'll fill the requirements. DSM144 18:34, May 13, 2011 (UTC)

The wiki is in good shape, so I just added Pandora Hearts Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 18:37, May 17, 2011 (UTC)

OgreLair.org Member Wiki

Over at the OgreLair.org Member Wiki we had a redesign pre-Oasis and its mostly still okay, but we were hoping for some talent at sprucing it up a bit now that Oasis is here. Any help would be much appreciated.   Hooper   talk    contribs    email   20:23, May 19, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Hooper. The wiki is in good shape, so I just added Ogre Lair Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 19:18, May 20, 2011 (UTC)

Tak and the Power of Juju Wiki

Hello. I would like to post this request for the Tak and the Power of Juju Wiki. I adopted the wiki many months ago, and I created my own background and wordmark. While they work, they are not that great. The wiki is starting to get more users, and I think a good looking Wiki would attract more. We meet all criteria, but if you do cannot except our request, that is fine. Thanks. {{SUBST:User:DaRanger/autosig}} 14:17, May 22, 2011 (UTC)

Hi DaRanger. I see by the recent changes that you've been adding categories to articles. As I write this, there are still 10 that are uncategorized. I'm sure you can and will quickly take care of those, so I've added Tak and the Power of Juju Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 17:22, May 24, 2011 (UTC)

The 07 Ghost Wiki

Hello, I'd like to request a background for the 07 Ghost wiki . I adopted the wiki a few months ago and have worked very hard on making it look nice, it has about four active editors at the moment so help is appreciated, and I believe it follows the requirements. If you can't accept the request, that's alright, and I'll try to improve it. BlahBlahBlahLOL 19:06, May 24, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Blah. The 07 Ghost Wiki is in good shape, so I have added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 16:50, May 26, 2011 (UTC)

The British Wildlife Wiki

Recently I am the only one adding content to the wiki. We get some occasional edits by other people but mainly it has been me. I am asking for your help to make the wiki more worthwhile and exciting especially as we are lauching an online radio for the soon!

Thanks

TheWWC 14:45, May 25, 2011 (UTC)

Hi TheWWC. The British Wildlife Wiki is in good shape, so I have added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 16:50, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
Removing from approved list, as the admin just wanted suggestions on how to attract more people to the wiki. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 17:27, May 26, 2011 (UTC)

The inFamous Wiki

Hello there good sir! I am War Clown, active bureaucrat of the inFamous Wiki, here to make a request. After running several tests for some background images at the wiki (which all ended with either failed or mediocre results), me and some colleagues thought it was best that we leave it to your awesomeness. I'm pretty sure the wiki has met the pre-requisites for a request so, I hope you can help us with the background design. Design the BG with what you think is best, though several colleagues have this image in mind as a suggestion for you to use. Thank you for your time sir. --WarClown Frequency: 149.94 10:53, May 27, 2011 (UTC)

Hi WarClown. The inFamous Wiki is in good shape, so I have added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:28, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
Hello again sir. I'd just like to show this other pic recently uploaded by an editor at the wiki. Thought that it would also suit the wiki well. Anyways, again, please create what you think is best for the wiki. And that is all. Thank you for your time sir. :) --WarClown Frequency: 149.94 12:56, June 1, 2011 (UTC)

Harry Potter Fanfic Wiki

Hello! I'm the founder of this wiki and we have been wanting to request from here for a long while. As we are a very small wiki, it has taken us ages to get 100 pages, but now, finally we have! We have a few short articles, but we are working hard to try to extend them. I think everybody over there agrees that it would be great to get this wiki looking new so as to try and attract new contributors. I really hope that you can help us! Look Out Sunshine Here comes 12 jammy dodgers and a fez! 10:49, May 29, 2011 (UTC)

Hi SmudgyHollz. The Harry Potter Fanfic Wiki is in good shape, so I have added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:29, May 31, 2011 (UTC)

Toriko Wiki

http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Toriko_Wiki i'm tryin my best to make the wiki better,, but i'm having a problem chosing a background,, i found a nice one, but i just can't fit it there: [1]. this pic is from the official toriko website so i don't know if it's alright to use it or not.. anyway, thanks for the help. --Zangetsukakashi 22:40, May 30, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Zangetsukakashi. The Toriko Wiki looks good for the most part, and I see that you have been very busy improving it. The only thing left to meet the best practices criteria is to add these uncategorized pages to one or more appropriate categories. As soon as you get that taken care of, come back and leave a reply here so I'll know. Then I'll be glad to help you guys out. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:37, May 31, 2011 (UTC)

i categorized them,,, i know i did it fast but i guarantee u they'll be ok,, check them out and tell me if i need to do more..--Zangetsukakashi 23:15, May 31, 2011 (UTC)

Good work! I've added Toriko Wiki to approved list and will follow up with you there regarding one question I have about the background. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:00, June 1, 2011 (UTC)

Deadman Wonderland Wiki background

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to make a background for the Deadman Wonderland Wiki. The wiki has improved a lot and the only thing that's still bothering me, is the poor background. I don't have really have the time and expertise to create a background. Thanks in advance! *Burtn (shout!) 17:40, June 2, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Bereisgreat. The Deadman Wonderland Wiki is in good shape, so I have added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:41, June 3, 2011 (UTC)

Pokemon Answers Wiki

Hi! I'm an Admin. on Pokemon Answers Wiki and I'm requesting you to shape up and make the skin, backgrounds and homepage look quite attractive, because its a bit messed up :D. We have about 43,000 pages and all of them are categorized. So, please look into this. Also, I liked the way you made the Twilight Wiki more attractive. :D Silver I am Arceus, the God of Pokemon!! Red 11:52, June 5, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Arceus. I've added Pokemon Answers Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 23:37, June 7, 2011 (UTC)

John Carter of Mars wiki

Hello, I would like some help getting barsoom.wikia.com into shape! The subject matter of the wiki is the connected universe of Edgar Rice Burroughs mars, venus, pellucidar, and tarzan series. But the emphasis is on the mars series. John Carter of mars is likely to see a huge boom soon, as there are two ongoing comic series, with two more series on the way (one in july and the other in september!). and it isnt just comics, the first three books of the series are being reprinted (a princess of mars, gods of mars, and warlord of mars) with rather attractive covers. Now here is the most important parts! There is a movie based on the books coming out in less than a year, it is being made by Disney and rumors are abound that there will be a trailer released during comic-con. So I really want to get the wiki in shape! ralok 21:06, June 10, 2011 (UTC)

Hi ralok. What specifically did you want help with? This page is for requesting design work, such as the skin (logo and/or background image) and main page layout. Did you want help with either of those areas? JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 21:25, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
YES, the main page of the wiki, and the four portals for the specific "worlds" of Edgar rice Burroughs. It needs to look nice, and be functional! ralok 22:01, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
A new background would be nice too I think . . . I just sort of want to rediesign the aesthetics and functionality! The front page in particular ralok 22:23, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the clarification. I've added Encyclodpedia Barsoomia Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 22:33, June 10, 2011 (UTC)

Looney Tunes Show Wiki

Can we have a background for the Looney Tunes Show Wiki? An idea is having Bugs Bunny to the left and Daffy Duck to the right (with a background), possibly like the Glee Wiki? Thanks! -- Webkinz ManiaTalkBlogsContributionsEditcount 17:45, June 13, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Webkinz. The wiki looks good, so I have added The Looney Tunes Show Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 23:14, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you so much. -- Webkinz ManiaTalkBlogsContributionsEditcount 23:33, June 14, 2011 (UTC)

Camp Half-Blood wiki

Hello. I'm Athletiger, an active admin on Camp Half-Blood wiki. I have asked people for their opinions on making the background nicer, and many of them agreed. We have met the criteria and I was hoping you could help us. Thank you for the consideration. I have some ideas on my talkpage Athletiger Talk 03:55, June 15, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Athletiger. The wiki is in great shape, so I have added Camp Half-Blood Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 18:25, June 15, 2011 (UTC)

The Sims Wiki

As per this discussion and vote on The Sims Wiki, we would like to request the help of the Content Team in redesigning our background (the green repeating "plumbbobs" which appear in the non-article space). In addition, any other advice or guidance in a genera visual "overhaul" of the wiki would be appreciated. Up until now we've been making do with keeping everything looking nice, but most of us agree that there are a few things - the plumbbob background being a major one - which could stand to be improved. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks! -- LostInRiverview talk · blog 04:47, June 16, 2011 (UTC)

Hi LostInRiverview. The Sims Wiki is in great shape, as always, so I have added it to the approved list and will follow up there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 19:09, June 16, 2011 (UTC)

[thoery wiki] Help request

Hi, im a Admin/Bureaucrat of [Theory wiki] and i think we need help reviving our projects and atteacting more users. Im not sure if this is an area of this organizeation, but we also need Templates made.. Well, alot of our stuff is inactive, and i think it could user a mighty lot of help! {{SUBST:User:Feathermoon/Sig}} 01:41, June 17, 2011 (UTC)Feathermoon

Oops, this is "Warriors thoery wiki" {{SUBST:User:Feathermoon/Sig}} 02:10, June 17, 2011 (UTC)Feathermoon

Hi Feathermoon. The wiki has a few uncategorized pages, which I'm sure you can take care of quickly, so I've added Warrior theory Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 23:10, June 21, 2011 (UTC)

portals john carter wiki

okay . . . I once again . . . sadly need help. Every day the trailer for the film "John Carter" gets closer and closer. People are going to be asking, "who is john carter" it will be a mystery to many people . . . Naturally for many people the reflex is to type in (namehere).wikia.com to learn more. Johncarter.wikia.com has a wonderful front page I think (curtesy of joeplay, bless that man) but the individual portals need to be redesigned! http://barsoom.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:The_Martian_Tales this is the most I have been able to do, there are four other portals . . . . . . any help would be greatly appreciated. ralok 19:16, June 21, 2011 (UTC)

Hi again, ralok. I've added Encyclopedia Barsoomia Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 23:11, June 21, 2011 (UTC)

I think my humble little wiki broke your approved list :I ralok 18:41, June 22, 2011 (UTC)

Ha, no that was an error by me. Fixed! :) JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 21:41, June 22, 2011 (UTC)

Mafia Wars Wiki

Heyo, just making a formal request for the Mafia Wars Wiki. :)–BalisticSig2alistic 06:29, 23 June 2011 (UTC)

Thanks Balistic. As always, the Mafia Wars Wiki is in great shape, so I just added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff.png (talk) 21:10, June 23, 2011 (UTC)