Community Central
Community Central
(→‎Charmed: new section)
Line 234: Line 234:

Hello, I am Omnicube1 and I help run the Deadliest Fiction Wiki. The majority of the wiki approves of creating and adding a new skin and redesigning our homepage. We currently have 550 pages (as of 1/13/11) and I am a bureaucrat at the wiki. I am willing to unprotect the Main Page for your edits. Thank you for your help. [[User:Omnicube1|Omnicube1]] 23:27, January 13, 2011 (UTC)

Hello, I am Omnicube1 and I help run the Deadliest Fiction Wiki. The majority of the wiki approves of creating and adding a new skin and redesigning our homepage. We currently have 550 pages (as of 1/13/11) and I am a bureaucrat at the wiki. I am willing to unprotect the Main Page for your edits. Thank you for your help. [[User:Omnicube1|Omnicube1]] 23:27, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
== [[w:c:Charmed|Charmed]] ==
  +
  +
Hello, I'm one of two Administrators and Bureaucrats at the Charmed Wiki. I just read the thing's you need to request help with a main page, so here they are.
  +
'''Q. '''The requester should be either the admin, or link to a discussion with the admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help.
  +
  +
'''A. '''I am a Admin and Bureaucrat at the Charmed Wiki and I've also spoken to Khan, another Admin about revamping the Main Page for 2011. but couldn't find the right way to do it.
  +
  +
'''Q. '''The wiki should have at least 250 content pages, not counting stubs. Stub articles should make up no more than 1/5th of all pages on the wiki.
  +
  +
'''A. '''We are currently editing over 2,759 articles on the Wiki and more are being added every day.
  +
  +
'''Q. '''The main page should be unprotected unless there is a strong history of vandalism.
  +
  +
'''A. '''We have had so issues with Vandalism with some pages from certain users, so it was protected to prevent that. Although, that's not much there now.
  +
  +
'''Q. '''The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category.
  +
  +
'''A. '''Nearly all of our pages are categorize to help Users get around the Wiki. Only 11 pages are not at the moment, although they soon will be once more information will be added.
  +
  +
'''Q. '''The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.
  +
  +
'''A. '''No we are not, the only vote that is going on at the moment, is to decide weather the Main Infobox photos, should be Season 8 Photo shoots or HQ Episode Stills.
  +
  +
'''Q. '''The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.)
  +
  +
'''A. '''I THINK we have that, I'm not entirely sure tho.
  +
  +
'''Q. '''The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
  +
  +
'''A. '''Nope, we are one of the cleanist Wiki's you'll come upon.
  +
  +
  +
  +
Now, I've been waiting to "re-vamp" the Main Page for 2011, but always had some problems with it. I need a lot of help with it now. The Main page now to me, looks kind of cramped bare tbqh. Any idea's? [[User:HalliwellsAttic|HalliwellsAttic]] <small>([http://charmed.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:HalliwellsAttic talk]) - ([http://charmed.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/HalliwellsAttic contributions]) </small> 01:50, January 14, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 01:50, 14 January 2011

Approved for Help
Modern Wiki (wordmark/skin, 12/17)
Redwall Wiki (banner, 12/17)

To request Content Team help with your wiki, post the name of the wiki and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.

Please post your request at the top of the page!

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the eleven best practices listed on the article page.

Please note: Sometimes it takes a little while for your request to get reviewed -- we really appreciate your patience! We are working with many wikis, so it might take us some time to get to your wiki. Please understand that we're working as fast as we can, and that we might be taking requests out of order based on internal goals, but that we will get to your wiki as soon as possible.

Redwall

Hi team, I'm looking for some specific banner graphic work if this is possible, essentially the entire background area where you see the logo and the books now. I can provide some images to photoshop, text ideas, and fonts, etc. if an artist can take up the job. -- LordTBT Talk! 22:47, December 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Redwall wiki is in great shape and I will pass along your request for help with the artwork. -- Wendy (talk) 04:01, December 17, 2010 (UTC)

Modern Wiki (approved)

Hello, I am the founder of Modern Wiki and I would like to request a wordmark related to the Modern Society aka the Present and contemporary era with the text Modern Wiki in it. The wordmark text must be glossy, and have the color of silver, #000DBF, or #00098E, we highly prefer silver. Also, if I can get the sides of my wikia to be glowing like sides glowing like this that would be good to. Our wiki seems to be completely up-to-date with all of the criteria and we would be very grateful if our request could be accepted.--Andrew Schlieffen (talk · contr) 20:09, December 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. You are doing a nice job keeping Modern Wiki in good shape. I will pass along your request for a new wordmark and help with the background. -- Wendy (talk) 03:56, December 17, 2010 (UTC)

Mass Effect Fanfiction Wiki

Hello, I am an administrator at the Mass Effect Fanfiction Wiki and I would like to make a request for a new skin as our previous one was undone after the Wikia update. Our wiki seems to be completely up-to-date with all of the criteria and we would be very grateful if our request could be accepted.--144-Patient Appelant 03:05, November 5, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Your wiki looks like it is in good shape and I will ask someone to help you with a new skin. You may wish to play with Special:ThemeDesigner yourself in the meanwhile; customizing the new skin is much easier (and more fun) than it was with Monaco. -- Wendy (talk) 05:10, November 5, 2010 (UTC)

Xbox Alliance Wiki

i need a background similar to this video

thumb|300px|left|i like the green ribbons can you make something like this

can you help? contact me on my talk page if you can ^_^

my xbox wikia talk page: My Talk Page

please help!! MegaHyperNova 05:46, September 30, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. It looks like you have found a background similar to the video for the new skin. Unfortunately your wiki does not meet the criteria for help on this page. If you have any questions about the new skin, however, please let me know! -- Wendy (talk) 04:58, November 5, 2010 (UTC)

Anita Blake Wiki

Hello, I am one of the admins of the Anita Blake Wiki. I would like the help of the Content Team in raising the wiki's google rating. Also we would like article comments enabled. Thank you in advance. --BluE86 (talk) 18:18, August 24, 2010

Hi. I apologize that I didn't answer this request sooner on this page. It looks like a member of the content team has helped you out already with the Google rank. Please use Special:Contact to request the article comments. -- Wendy (talk) 04:49, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for the help. I will use the contact page. Also thanks to Sena for the advices concerning Google, I will try to implement them as soon as possible. --BluE86 (talk) 11:55, November 5, 2010

DreamWorks Animation Wiki

http://dreamworks.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Could you please do a homepage redesign at the DreamWorks Animation Wiki. The wiki has been quite successful in the past, but recently I (and one other U.C) seem to be the only editors. I've recently taken over as the only admin. Everything is organized and most pages are quite detailed. Manyman has recently sorted out a new logo, but I asked him for a homepage redesign and he pointed me here. I believe (with a bit of help and work!) it could be just as good as the Pixar Wiki! Hope you can help! Thanks! :) {{SUBST:User:Effluvium/sig 2}} 11:09, August 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. I am sorry I missed answering your request here for so long. It looks like you did get help from the content team with your mainpage in the meanwhile. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 04:41, November 5, 2010 (UTC)

Camp Half-Blood Wiki

Hello, I'm requesting some help from the Content Team over Camp Half-Blood Wiki. I think we need some help in raising our google rankings, would you guys be able to help? Avatar (Talk) 17:08, August 1, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. I will be happy to ask somebody to take a look at your SEO again. -- Wendy (talk) 03:52, August 6, 2010 (UTC)

dead-rising

http://dead-rising.wikia.com/

The requester should be either the admin, or link to a discussion with the admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help. http://dead-rising.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=sysop
The wiki should have at least 250 content pages, not counting stubs. Stub articles should make up no more than 1/5th of all pages on the wiki. Yes, a lot of redirects though.
The main page should be unprotected unless there is a strong history of vandalism This is a really bad rule http://dead-rising.wikia.com/index.php?title=Dead_Rising_Wiki&action=unprotect
The My Home page should include an updated Community Corner. Not sure what this is, nor how to do it.
The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category. http://dead-rising.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:Categories&limit=100&showall=0
The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place. No
The wiki should not have a sitenotice longer than two lines. http://dead-rising.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.) Yes
The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images. No

When was the last time you folks approved someone, April 3, 2010?

Have you ever considered making this form with a http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Inputbox ? I could do this. Anno1404 02:07, July 24, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Thanks for the links.
There are a couple of criteria that Dead Rising Wiki does not currently meet. You would need to have all of your content pages categorized -- right now you have nearly 500 uncategorized pages (Special:UncategorizedPages). Looking at some of them, they frequently have navigation templates on them; an easy way to add the categories would be to add the category tags to the navigation templates. Also, to customize the Community Corner edit MediaWiki:Community-corner. This displays on Special:MyHome. You should also have the link to My Home displayed -- you currently have it suppressed in your Monaco.css. Let me know when you have taken care of these issues, and what exactly you are requesting help with (skin, seo, both?)! -- Wendy (talk) 03:40, August 6, 2010 (UTC)

Mass Effect Fanon

Hello, I'm the admin over at Mass Effect Fanon and I would like to request a new skin. Currently, we are using the skin from the Mass Effect Wiki, and I feel that a change is due. I'm quite sure that we meet all the criteria as we were just accepted for a spotlight not too long ago. I hope you can get to this request soon, but I know your a busy person. Thanks in advance, -BluethunderContact 17:49, July 20, 2010 (UTC)

Also, I don't know if I need to say this, but I'd also like a new logo to match with the new layout. If that's already been established than sorry I even posted it. -BluethunderContact 19:53, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. I've added Mass Effect Fanon to the list for a new skin/logo. -- Wendy (talk) 03:17, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
All spiffed up :) — Game widow 18:07, August 25, 2010 (UTC)

New Systems Commonwealth wiki request

Hi, I would like to request a skin for the Andromeda wiki [1]. We've been thinking about a skin for a while, an the other users and I have read over the requirements, and we agree that we fit all the criteria stated. It would be much appreciated if you could help us on this. Thanks, Acaeton 14:11, June 6, 2010 (UTC)

~~Update~~ Is anyone even looking at these applications? Acaeton 03:49, June 26, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. I'm sorry it took me awhile to answer your request. Andromeda Wiki is generally in good shape, but you do have a few uncategorized pages. Could you please take care of them? Then I can pass along your request for a new skin. -- Wendy (talk) 03:25, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, done! Acaeton 23:33, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
Good job! I will pass along your request. -- Wendy (talk) 03:37, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
Is there any way I can get a status update on the skin? Acaeton 14:00, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
If you have been contacted by somebody about it, try pinging them directly. If nobody has contacted you about it yet, please let me know and I'll try to find out when it's scheduled. -- Wendy (talk) 17:39, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, it's been a while and I haven't heard anything about it. Acaeton 00:04, August 10, 2010 (UTC)

O.G.R.E.s Wiki

Hello. I think we've got a great basic navigation going on over at OgreLair.org - our wiki for the Organization of Gamers & Roleplaying Enthusiasts. However, a custom skin or any tips from professionals could really help us out - as this website is our main informative tool and recruitment tool for new chapters of our organization.   Hooper   talk    contribs    email   02:40, May 29, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. O.G.R.E.s Wiki looks great and we would be happy to help with a custom skin and some main page/seo tips. I will pass along your request. -- Wendy (talk) 03:18, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
We love the redesign that we received thanks to the Content Team. However, I'm wondering, will their be any Content Team assistance to help us keep the same color themes and backgrounds and all the related design code while we transition into the new wikia look?   Hooper   talk    contribs    email   18:23, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. Creating a custom theme in the new look is much easier than previously with the Theme Designer. If you are having trouble transitioning your old look please let me know and I'll be happy to help. -- Wendy (talk) 04:53, November 5, 2010 (UTC)

Unreal Tournament 3 wiki

I made a wiki for UT3, and I need help! Would you please help us with our wiki site? We would like a cool back round, and how do we get emebers? When i look it up in goole, it doesnt even appear.King Raven 317 12:51, May 20, 2010 (UTC)The Creator

http://unrealtournament3.wikia.com

P.S So far I have made many pages, and finished many myself, so there are some stubs, but Im working!

Hi. I can see you've been working hard on your new wiki, but in order to be helped via this request page you need to meet the request criteria, which includes having 250 content pages. I recommend you choose one of the new pre-made skin choices for now and focus on improving your wiki content. The best way to get new members for your wiki is to have good content. You may also find this article on raising your wiki's google ranking helpful. Good luck! -- Wendy (talk) 02:55, May 21, 2010 (UTC)

Comments

can you please enable article comments like theey have on farmville wiki
i want them to use my wiki to its full potential[http://debateyourcause.wikia.com/wiki/Special:MyHome
http://debateyourcause.wikia.com/wiki/Special:MyHome
JACUNN 05:19, May 16, 2010 (UTC) ]

Hi. Article comments should be enabled on your wiki (I can see them). -- Wendy (talk) 02:50, May 21, 2010 (UTC)

Ben 10 Fan Fiction

Hi there, could you help us with our skin. We want to attract more users to our wiki. Thanks!

Waiyenoo111 Talk!! 13:25, May 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. We'd be happy to help you spruce up your skin. I will pass along your request. -- Wendy (talk) 03:00, May 21, 2010 (UTC)

http://babylonroguesfan.wikia.com/

Could you help me out with the http://babylonroguesfan.wikia.com/ right now I am on my own with it and i could use some help thx:) AmyPinkRose May 4, 2010 12:23 P.M.

Hi Amy. In order to get help through this request page you need to meet our criteria, including 250 content pages. I appreciate that it can be overwhelming starting a new wiki -- but it can be fun too! So hang in there, and if you have specific questions about how things work you may want to visit the community central forum, or you can leave a question on my talk page. -- Wendy (talk) 02:40, May 21, 2010 (UTC)

Hi! I just saw this cool content team, and I decided to get some help. I really don't know if my wiki needs help, as it's well structured, has nice articles, and a good skin, but I wanted some help as the wiki is less active than before because the huge Avatar hype is almost gone. So what I would like is new contributors and optimizing in the best way the wiki. Could you please see anything that could be changed? I really would appreciate your help! --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 00:56, April 30, 2010 (UTC)

Ummm, I'm still waiting for a reply. ((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 23:22, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
Hi Matias. I will pass along your request, as you certainly meet the criteria for it, but I know we have already done a lot towards sprucing up your wiki, so I'm not sure how much is left. Most movie wikis suffer a drop in editors after the initial movie release frenzy subsides; it's sort of the nature of new movies. However, sometimes there will be a spike again for a video release or if the movie is translated into other media (tv series, comic books, etc.) or rumors for sequels start surfacing, and there are always people who remain interested. One thing you can do is request a wikia spotlight if you would like. -- Wendy (talk) 02:47, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks, I requested an spotlight ;) --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 16:31, May 22, 2010 (UTC)

Canine Diabetes Wiki

http://diabetesindogs.wikia.com/wiki/Canine_Diabetes_Wiki

I'm interested in a "facelift", search engine optimization and anything else you can suggest.

Thanks!

We hope 19:01, April 29, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Canine Diabetes wiki looks great and we will be happy to help you spruce it up a little bit and do the SEO. -- Wendy (talk) 02:25, May 21, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

We hope 18:03, May 24, 2010 (UTC)

the Hotel City Wiki

Hello!

We would like to enable Article comments for our wiki.

Thanks!

Jeffwang16 22:56, April 28, 2010 (UTC)

I think you need to use Special Contact-

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact

to get this done.

HTH!

We hope 18:56, April 29, 2010 (UTC)

It should soon be added. Articles comment are enabled by default on Facebook wiki's. Mark (talk) 20:19, April 29, 2010 (UTC)

FarmVille Wiki

We have already had our main page redesigned, but I would be interested in having our Google search results closer to the top. Preferably higher than Wikipedia, but that might be pushing it ;). We fit in the criteria, although we do currently have a request for adminship open, this is only because we are a large and active wiki. We are not going through some sort of upheaval or anything like that. Thanks, Ajraddatz Talk 14:30, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. We'd be happy to help with search engine optimization. -- Wendy (talk) 02:28, April 3, 2010 (UTC)

LifeMusic Wiki

Hey! I was wonderin' if you could make our Main Page look real nice. We would like to keep all the info on it. Thanks and Gof bless! Master Fredcerique 12:16, March 18, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Master Fredcerique. The requests for help with a main page or skin have similar requirements to the spotlight requests. In particular, no more than 1/5th of the wiki's pages should be stub pages. LifeMusic wiki is mostly 2-word stub pages, so it doesn't meet this criteria. I'm sorry to have to say no to this request; please ask again when you have filled out your content. -- Wendy (talk) 18:22, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
  • No biggie. I just thought it was worth a try. Anyway, I've got a fellow admin working on it. He's very knowledgable about those kind of things. Thanks for your attention and God bless! Master Fredcerique 04:10, March 20, 2010 (UTC)

supcom2

Hello, could you help us with the w:c:supcom2:front page? We are just shy of all the best practices, and not looking for anything incredible. We just need our front page to look like one, not a complete overhaul. Right now, it is just a freaking bullet list. Can you help? Happypal 14:24, March 19, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. Unfortunately we can't help much as you don't meet all the best practices. I recommend you copy a page from another wiki that you like (eg. the Supreme Commander wiki itself) and then update the graphics and links to your new stuff. -- Wendy (talk) 23:04, April 7, 2010 (UTC)

Toontown Wiki

Hey, I need help with the Toontown Wiki. I am not the owner, I am however an admin and the owner hasn't been on for a while so im not sure who to ask. Could you please give us tips on how to inprove. I dont have a social networking site account and I have tried everything. We need more users too. What should I do? Thank you. Man for the job 20:08, December 27, 2010 (UTC)

Deadliest Fiction Wiki

Hello, I am Omnicube1 and I help run the Deadliest Fiction Wiki. The majority of the wiki approves of creating and adding a new skin and redesigning our homepage. We currently have 550 pages (as of 1/13/11) and I am a bureaucrat at the wiki. I am willing to unprotect the Main Page for your edits. Thank you for your help. Omnicube1 23:27, January 13, 2011 (UTC)

Charmed

Hello, I'm one of two Administrators and Bureaucrats at the Charmed Wiki. I just read the thing's you need to request help with a main page, so here they are. Q. The requester should be either the admin, or link to a discussion with the admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help.

A. I am a Admin and Bureaucrat at the Charmed Wiki and I've also spoken to Khan, another Admin about revamping the Main Page for 2011. but couldn't find the right way to do it.

Q. The wiki should have at least 250 content pages, not counting stubs. Stub articles should make up no more than 1/5th of all pages on the wiki.

A. We are currently editing over 2,759 articles on the Wiki and more are being added every day.

Q. The main page should be unprotected unless there is a strong history of vandalism.

A. We have had so issues with Vandalism with some pages from certain users, so it was protected to prevent that. Although, that's not much there now.

Q. The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category.

A. Nearly all of our pages are categorize to help Users get around the Wiki. Only 11 pages are not at the moment, although they soon will be once more information will be added.

Q. The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.

A. No we are not, the only vote that is going on at the moment, is to decide weather the Main Infobox photos, should be Season 8 Photo shoots or HQ Episode Stills.

Q. The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.)

A. I THINK we have that, I'm not entirely sure tho.

Q. The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.

A. Nope, we are one of the cleanist Wiki's you'll come upon.

Now, I've been waiting to "re-vamp" the Main Page for 2011, but always had some problems with it. I need a lot of help with it now. The Main page now to me, looks kind of cramped bare tbqh. Any idea's? HalliwellsAttic (talk) - (contributions) 01:50, January 14, 2011 (UTC)