Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 233: Line 233:

http://shipsandthings.wikia.com Hey wikia! I founded this wiki on October 28th 2011, and I could really use some more users. Often it's just me, and [[User:Niko Banks]] doing most of the work. I would really appreciate some more assistance here. Thanks everyone, The Christian On The Chat 22:42, February 21, 2014 (UTC)Wedgeback, founder of shipsandthings wiki

http://shipsandthings.wikia.com Hey wikia! I founded this wiki on October 28th 2011, and I could really use some more users. Often it's just me, and [[User:Niko Banks]] doing most of the work. I would really appreciate some more assistance here. Thanks everyone, The Christian On The Chat 22:42, February 21, 2014 (UTC)Wedgeback, founder of shipsandthings wiki
  +
  +
==[[w:c:amazingspiderman|Amazing Spider-Man Wiki]]==
  +
I'd like to get the the front page designed and more neater. More similar like X-Men Movies Wiki or the MCU Wiki. I want to be able to add a Featured Video, Featured Characters, Featured Poster, Upcoming Movie, and also have the News rss feed from The Daily Bugle tumblr if that's possible. Thanks :) <span id="[[User:New Captain]]" class="plainlinks">[[User:New Captain|New Captain]] ([[User talk:New Captain|talk]] <small>•</small> [[Special:Contributions/New Captain|contribs]] <small>•</small> [[Special:Editcount/New Captain|count]])</span> 09:29, February 23, 2014 (UTC)

Revision as of 09:29, 23 February 2014

Approved for Help
Disney Channel Wiki
Reign Wiki

To request Community Development Team help with your wiki, click the "Add your request" button and enter the name of the wiki plus a description of what you want help with. Don't forget to sign your request with ~~~~.

We are now accepting requests for help with general clean-up and organization. If your wiki could use help with these things and meets the second set of best practices listed on the page linked below, then let us know!

But wait, there's more! We can also setup the Related Videos module on your wiki if you want. See an example of the Related Videos module here.

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the best practices criteria.
Archives: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

I Didn't Do It Wiki

Hi, I Didn't Do It is premiering soon and I was wondering if you could make a background for the wiki. I think the criteria is met. Thanks in advance! ArietteFans (talk) 13:22, January 12, 2014 (UTC)

Hi ArietteFans. I Didn't Do It Wiki looks good, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:06, January 14, 2014 (UTC)

Fanon Fairies Wikia

Quite frequently, or may I say 2013! I asked you for a background for the above wiki, I made that for Christmas and would like a new one, now. I want it to have black sparkles with a little bit of pink inside it^^!!. Also I am the founder of that wiki.

File:GardeniaB2W2.gif❦Bloom❦❋Never explain yourself.Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it.❋File:GardeniaB2W2.gif 13:25, January 15, 2014 (UTC)

Hi BloomRocks. Fanon Fairies Wiki still looks good, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 20:08, January 16, 2014 (UTC)

How do I move my maps up towards the top on my Main Page?

http://www.californiatexas-comparison.wikia.com

66.68.30.147 07:37, January 17, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Michael.W.Kappas. To make the images appear higher on the page, edit the page and cut/paste the images where you want them to appear. For more help with editing pages, see Help:Contents. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:54, January 17, 2014 (UTC)

The Amazing World of Gumball Wiki

Hello at TAWOG wiki we'd like a video module, for image controllers to be added, new more advanced coding for the theme, and a new front page layout.----Killer365

Hi Killer. TAWOG Wiki looks good, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 18:46, January 20, 2014 (UTC)

Star-Crossed Wiki

Hello! I am the founder of Star-Crossed Wiki and I have came here to request a background or a skin... Im not sure but all I can tell you is that my background is horrible! You can see for yourself. I would like a background that is relavent to the theme of my wiki. Its very confusing with just random people. I have categorized a lot of pages and added more information to them. So thats why Im here and waiting for your approval :).

Awesomeuser1 (talk) 19:36, January 18, 2014 (UTC)Awesomeuser1Awesomeuser1 (talk) 19:36, January 18, 2014 (UTC)

oh and my wiki is: Star-Crossed Wiki

Hi Awesomeuser. Like I said to MissyQueen on this page a week ago, I can't approve the request until Star-Crossed Wiki meets the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page, which means that these 16 uncategorized pages have to be categorized. When that's done, let me know and I'll add Star-Crossed Wiki to the list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:05, January 20, 2014 (UTC)

Fablehaven Wiki

Hi! I am an Admin on the Fablehaven Wiki, and I was wondering if you guys could help me spruce up and organize the wiki a bit. There are a lot of organization flaws, so that should be fixed first. But I would also appreciate help with a nice background and some clean up on the front page. Thank you! ♏øηṧʊᾔøℊїґℓ 22:47, January 18, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Monsunogirl. To be approved, these uncategorized pages will need to be categorized. Once that's done, please reply here to let me know, and I'll add Fablehaven Wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:09, January 20, 2014 (UTC)

Gibranal NN Help+Pedia (gnnpedia.wikia.com)

Please change the Wikia bar background colour to flat Modern Blue (like what Minecraft Computer did, but with the color below)

Here's the color ->

Wikiacolor

Oh and also please add sharing buttons below the search bar of my Wikia.

GibranalNN (talk) 08:28, January 19, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Gibranal. I see you've already enabled the social icons. Well done! To change the Wikia bar to that blue, go to the theme designer. Choose the "Customize" tab on the far left (should be selected by default). Under the "Page" section, click the box under "header" and enter #0099cc, which is the hex value for the shade of blue you want. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:23, January 20, 2014 (UTC)

Ranma Wiki

Hi again, I'd like to request help for improving the front page of the Ranma Wiki. Hopefully it still meets the criteria. --Trivi-AM (talk) 11:06, January 20, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Trivi. Ranma Wiki is still in good shape, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:29, January 21, 2014 (UTC)

Hey how can i change the title of my wiki/blog and make widgets

For help with that, please contact the Community Support Team by submitting the form at Special:Contact/general. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:29, January 21, 2014 (UTC)

Carrie Underwood Wiki

Hey, Joe. I'm tired of looking at the same main page for my wiki. I saw this wiki's page:

leonalewis.wikia.com

Is there anyway you can copy that code into my main page? You can keep the Twitter widget and all the lovely headers you did on there. Thanks for any help. BlownAway2012 (talk) 16:43, January 21, 2014 (UTC)

Is that URL correct? I'm looking at the main page, and it's mostly the default appearance (from back in 2009). I'm not seeing anything you'd want to emulate. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:26, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
Well I mean I want to keep the background image you did and everything, but I want to add the Contents, What's New, Helping Out, and Feature Article and Featured Media sections. I like how they had that set up. BlownAway2012 (talk) 22:23, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
Oh, I see. You just want new custom section headings. In that case I added Carrie Underwood Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there soon. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 23:36, January 22, 2014 (UTC)

Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki

I really want a new design for the front page. I really want it looking more like a S.H.I.E.L.D. Database in a way. Similar to these websites:

Also a new background for the wiki would be great. Something for the new Captain America movie? Or anything else as well like a S.H.I.E.L.D. design as well. It's just harder now to add a background with the new design for me since I can't do what I used to do. Thanks :) New Captain (talk contribs count) 03:32, January 22, 2014 (UTC)

Hi New Captain. Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki still looks good, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 00:06, January 24, 2014 (UTC)

Night World Wiki, and whatever is possible for me to help with please :)--Wizardmaster99 (talk) 10:56, January 24, 2014 (UTC)WizardMaster99

Baldur's Gate wiki

As an administrator of this wiki, I would like to request design help for the main page for the Baldur's Gate wiki. We need design help for three things:

• We need a main page especially designed for mobile phones, because the current main page is not suited for this task.
  • Also, the main page has some small problems when displayed in the MonoBook layout, such as the poll module being too wide and an undesired picture as the logo.
  • In the current state state, the main page is functional, but it's looks are decent and the modules could be replaced by more advanced ones.

The wiki meets all of the seven requirements.

23dutch45man (talk) 17:50, January 25, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Dutch. Baldur's Gate Wiki is in good shape, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:48, January 29, 2014 (UTC)

Blue Bomber Graphic Wiki Wallpaper

Hello! I need your help on my wiki, the Blue Bomber Graphic Wiki, if you don't mind. Specifically, I need help with the wallpaper; I have an image that I want to add on the wallpaper, but I don't know anything for the background. Maybe something like a beam of light-blue is in the middle while the top and bottom of the wallpaper is regular blue. As for the Mega Man picture, maybe somewhere like the right? If you don't mind, could you please help me in starting this wiki that I am updating as we speak?

Although, I don't know if staff can actually change the background of any wiki, so if you do make a wallpaper, just change it right away with the colors that match it best. Thanks! BlueSpeeder (talk) 22:25, January 27, 2014 (UTC)

Hi BlueSpeeder. Blue Bomber Graphic Wiki is in good shape, so I added it the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:57, February 3, 2014 (UTC)

Liv and Maddie Wiki

Hi wikia! I would like to request for you guys to make a background for the Liv and Maddie Wiki! I just would like to see a background you guys can make and see if we like it for us to use! :) You can use images from these places (just suggestions and preferred places):

I also wanted to know if you could make header pictures for the wiki main page. In this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDlWj53WI90, when they show descriptions of Liv and Maddie they show their names in a special way. Example:

Lam header names

I would love it if you could make header pictures for our main page that resemble these. I'm not sure how well these would look on our wiki so I'm only asking if you try and make headers for the titles "Featured," "What's New?," and "Did You Know?" If it's too much, you can just do one of those. I would really love if you could try this for us. Thank you so much! :D

~JESSIE1010 AKA

the matt chatter

CREATED BY DAZZLING1998

01:43, January 28, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Jessie. Liv and Maddie Wiki looks good, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:17, February 4, 2014 (UTC)

Star-Crossed Wiki

Hi, just wanted to know if me and Alison can get a background for our wiki? And also, if you guys could find a good portal we could use for our homepage. We want a new and original portal if that's possible. Alison and I also have all the categories categorized. Thank you so much. - Missy 15:54, January 29, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Missy. Thanks for dealing with those uncategorized pages. I added Star-Crossed Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 22:58, February 4, 2014 (UTC)

Disney Channel Wiki

Hello! It's Tatertat. I'm the head admin on the Disney Channel Wiki. I took over it almost a year ago and it is a pretty older wikia. I was really hoping you guys can help make something new out of it. All of the admins agreed that we should we redesign the wiki and modernize it to make it more attractiveAlso a lot of our templates are out of date or could use some redesigning and I am not the best with coding.. We could really use your help. Please reply back as soon as you can.

-Tatertat  (UTC) 16:02, February 2, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Tatertat. Disney Channel Wiki is in good shape, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 23:57, February 7, 2014 (UTC)

Tanki Online Wiki / Tanki Online BG Wiki

Hello, I am acting founder of the Tanki Online wiki and admin in the Tanki Online BG wiki. I need some help with both wikia's. I would like the Bulgarian wiki to look the same as the main english wiki because the Bulgarian wiki is not doing so well. I hope you can please help. Thank you. Rsa-ga7 (talk) 15:41, February 3, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Rsa. Tanki Online Wiki looks good, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:03, February 10, 2014 (UTC)

Why are there horror movie ads on pages appealing to kids?

There should not be horror movie ads on the Clash of Clans Wikia. My 10 year old just gave up looking at your website because of the ad he couldn't make go away. I couldn't find where to send you this info. Thank you for passing it on or for no on who to request for more appropriate advertising decisions.

To report a problem with an ad, please submit the form at Special:Contact/bad-ad. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 18:40, February 6, 2014 (UTC)

Steven Universe Wiki

Hey there, at the Steven Universe Wiki we would like a video module. ----Brandon the Klaine Lover

Done. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:30, February 10, 2014 (UTC)

PAW Patrol Wikia

Hello there! I would like to make a request for the PAW Patrol Wiki's background and I would like to get this photo to fill the whole page. I am also a Admin of the Wiki.

Wiki nonny (talk) 20:39, February 6, 2014 (UTC)wiki nonny

Pp theme song-1
Hi Wiki nonny. PAW Patrol Wiki is in good shape, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 22:38, February 10, 2014 (UTC)

Pac-Man Wiki

Hello Joe, it's The Forgotten Beast. I'm here to request your help in creating a new background and logo for Pac-Man Wiki. If there's anything you need me to take care of, please let me know. -The Forgotten Beast (talk) 21:57, February 6, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Forgotten. In order to be approved, these uncategorized pages will need to be categorized. Once that's been done, reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add Pac-Man Wiki to the list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:41, February 12, 2014 (UTC)

Reign Wiki

Hi I am Sylvia an admin on Reign CW Wiki and I have noticed that we need an update. I was thinking of a new background that is suitable for the old days or is fancy. I was also thinking of a new character portal that is not a gallery type. We also need some new royal-ish type of infobox and our own show and hide nav bar. Also a new heading for the main page would be nice. To go with the show and hide nav bar we would also like a spoiler warning type of nav bar. Thank You and we have done everything (categorizing and filling pages in) !

TheAuthenticDiaries (talk) 19:03, February 8, 2014 (UTC)TheAuthenticDiariesTheAuthenticDiaries (talk) 19:03, February 8, 2014 (UTC)

Hi Authentic. To be approved, these few uncategorized pages will need to be categorized. Once that's been done, reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add Reign Wiki to the list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:44, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for dealing with that. I've added Reign Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 22:20, February 14, 2014 (UTC)

Six Guns Wiki

Hello, I'm Amwl415, an admin from the Six guns Wiki and I'd like to request help from a wiki staff to help with the wiki theme change.

There seems to be a slight color error that needs the CSS_ to be edited and I have no experience on editing the CSS_. So I'm requesting for help from somebody who is experienced in these.

SixGuns theme01

The bottom right corner. There's a table that doesn't match the theme of the wiki.

SixGuns theme02

Lots of tables with colors that doesn't fit.

The tables on the front page of the wiki has different colors than the background.

Thanks in advance to whoever is reading this.

Wordmark request

This is a real easy request. There are two wikis that were founded by the same person. Both wikis are about the same subject and the URL is almost identical:

The first one copied the design and wordmark of the actual Villains Wiki. The second is a duplicate wiki. The founder's account is now closed so I can't ask him to change it, and I don't have any interest in adopting either one right now. Could someone go in and change the wordmarks on both wikis so that they say "Antagonists Wiki"? It might cut back on some of the "that's not a villain" edit wars that happen there. Thanks. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 03:07, February 20, 2014 (UTC)

GTA wiki - Hungary

Hi, 

I just wanna messing with some fonts on our Wikia.

Firstly change the two admins link color

Second I want to use special fonts from the game. For headings, etc...

I found some codes on the net, and put it into the http://hu.gta.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikia.css

No effect yet. Our Hungarian links contains special caracters, like "ő", maybe thats the problem. Please help! Zseliakiraly (talk) 09:44, February 21, 2014 (UTC)

Shipsandthings Wiki

http://shipsandthings.wikia.com Hey wikia! I founded this wiki on October 28th 2011, and I could really use some more users. Often it's just me, and User:Niko Banks doing most of the work. I would really appreciate some more assistance here. Thanks everyone, The Christian On The Chat 22:42, February 21, 2014 (UTC)Wedgeback, founder of shipsandthings wiki

Amazing Spider-Man Wiki

I'd like to get the the front page designed and more neater. More similar like X-Men Movies Wiki or the MCU Wiki. I want to be able to add a Featured Video, Featured Characters, Featured Poster, Upcoming Movie, and also have the News rss feed from The Daily Bugle tumblr if that's possible. Thanks :) New Captain (talk contribs count) 09:29, February 23, 2014 (UTC)