Community Central
Community Central
(→‎Good Eats Wiki: new section)
Line 298: Line 298:

== Good Eats Wiki ==

== Good Eats Wiki ==

I'm the administer of the Good Eats Wiki and I need help with content creation. I need more editors. [[User:Metnever|Metnever]] ([[User talk:Metnever|talk]]) 13:19, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
+
I'm the administer of the [[w:c:goodeats|Good Eats Wiki]] and I need help with content creation. I need more editors. [[User:Metnever|Metnever]] ([[User talk:Metnever|talk]]) 13:19, June 10, 2013 (UTC)

Revision as of 13:22, 10 June 2013

Approved for Help
Marvel's Avengers Assemble Wiki
Disney Channel Wiki
Team Umizoomi Wiki

To request Community Development Team help with your wiki, click the "Add your request" button and enter the name of the wiki plus a description of what you want help with. Don't forget to sign your request with ~~~~.

We are now accepting requests for help with general clean-up and organization as well as content creation. If your wiki could use help with these things and meets the second set of best practices listed on the page linked below, then let us know!

But wait, there's more! We can also setup the Related Videos module on your wiki if you want. See an example of the Related Videos module here.

Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the best practices criteria.
Archives: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Urban Rivals Wiki

Hi there. I am Kunnaki, and I am one of the admins that is in charge of the Urban Rivals Wiki site. We've always thought about changing our background to make it look less plain, but we've never really understood how to do that. If you could help us, we would very much appreciate it. We'd like our background to basically be a large configuration of Urban Rivals characters. Kunnaki (talk) 09:40, April 24, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Kunnaki. In order to be approved for design help, the wiki must meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page. Once the wiki has fewer "stubs" (short pages less than 200 bytes) and no uncategorized pages, come back and submit a new request, and I'll be happy to add it to the approved list.
Because you also asked about how to change your background, that (and other ways to customize the wiki's appearance) is handled with the theme designer. Check out Help:Theme designer for a full explanation of the tool, including a video tutorial. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:51, May 1, 2013 (UTC)

Game Ideas Wiki

As far as I know, we fulfill all requirements. I am looking for help with content organization and navigation between articles. We aren't a wiki about one topic or series, but rather individual video game ideas. Because of this, I've never been sure how to help users navigate between pages beyond category pages. Those too are unregulated. I've been looking into some improvements elsewhere on the wiki as well, and need someone with experience to bounce ideas off of.

I am the only active admin, and would appreciate the help in strengthening the wiki for further growth. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 15:58, April 27, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Geniusguy. The wiki does meet the requirements for content organization help, so I added Game Ideas Wiki to the approved list. Nic from the Community Development Team will follow up with you soon. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:54, May 1, 2013 (UTC)

2 Broke Girls Wiki

Hello there. My name is Mark and I am an admin with bureaucratic rights on my wiki. I would like some help on getting more followers and the design on my wikia. We currently have 48 users, 4 of which are actually active. It is a good show and I try to keep it afloat but I need more help on the users and customization. I would like a new logo, and maybe a new background. Thanks, SugaryDonught. SugaryDonught (talk) 13:35, May 4, 2013 (UTC)

The wiki I need help with is: 2 Broke Girls.

Hi Sugary. The wiki looks good, so I added 2 Broke Girls Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 23:30, May 8, 2013 (UTC)

Pirates Online Wiki

I'm JoshuaCoalskull, an Administrator of the Pirates Online Wiki. On behalf of the wiki, I would like help creating a Play Quiz, similar to the one on the Twilight Wiki. Based on that quiz, I've complied various images and questions that can be used to create it. They can be found on my sandbox, here. If you could help, it would be much appreciated. ~ JoshuaCoalskull Message Wall

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:27, May 10, 2013 (UTC)

Marvel's Avengers Assemble Wiki

This would be my second time doing this, and so I'll reintroduce myself. I'm Regular Guy, an administrator and crat on the newly created Marvel's Avengers Assemble Wiki. I was looking for help in the design department; mostly for our background and main page, two very important components in a wiki. I've done it a few times, though never saw it through to the end, but I like a few pointers and feedback on how best to maintain my community with other administrators and give my wiki the best possible chance at success. I hope this isn't too much to ask for, and for now, thank you in advance. --User:Regular Guy/Signature 02:37, May 7, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Regular Guy. If you're asking for help designing a background and main page layout, the wiki will have to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page before being approved. If you're looking for advice and tips, we have two Wikia webinar videos that cover the topics you mentioned. The video for designing a good main page is File:Mainpages 101 - How to make a great mainpage for your wiki, and the video for designing a good theme and promoting your wiki is File:Tips for Designing & Promoting Your Wiki. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:36, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, I see. Can a register again at a later date, once I meet the criteria? --User:Regular Guy/Signature 02:11, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Of course! Once the wiki meets the criteria, come back and submit a new request, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:40, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
As of now, I think we meet the basic criteria. :) --User:Regular Guy/Signature 00:46, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
Good work! I added Marvel's Avengers Assemble Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:14, May 28, 2013 (UTC)

Happy Feet Wiki

Hi, and now i am a admin on the Happy Feet Wiki and we need a favicon (short for 'favorites icon') on the Happy Feet Wiki so i can put it (MarioFan65 (talk) 00:21, May 9, 2013 (UTC))

Done. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:55, May 10, 2013 (UTC)

Archives wiki and London wiki

http://archiverdict.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?&cb=5531 and http://london.wikia.com/wiki/London_Wiki respectively.

As I don't know how to do it - can the corner images in Monobook also appear on the Oasis skin please. (I am working on the short and/or uncategorised pages.) Jackiespeel (talk) 15:54, May 13, 2013 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 18:19, May 14, 2013 (UTC)

Ultimate Map Games Wiki

Hi there at community central,

I was just wondering, is there any way of getting help for your wiki if it is less than 50 pages. My wiki has only 29 pages for 14 users because of its genre (map gaming- where each page can be really long) but we really need some help on promoting. Are there any ways of advertising apart from pressing promote (we have already done this)? We also need help on organising our administistrative system and our main page. We have tried to create a logo but nothing fits. Maybe someone could help on that? Help to set up the related video module would be loved!As I said, we dont have 50 pages but we meet the rest of the criteria. Please consider us. I would really appreciate help. Anyone else who reads this please consider it too. It is very exciting to help make new wikis and you would be welcomed with open arms.

Thanks,

Imperial (talk) 21:01, May 13, 2013 (UTC) (Founder, Ultimate Map Games Wiki)

Hi Emperor Romanus. For help promoting your wiki, there are some tips and advice at Help:Attracting contributors. For suggestions on designing a logo and main page, you could ask for advice on the Designing Your Wiki forum.
As for the Video module, Nic from the Community Development Team will do that for you soon. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 18:55, May 14, 2013 (UTC)

Lucky Fred Wiki

Hi again Community Development Team, I'm Victor (an admin from Lucky Fred Wiki), may I please request for a (640 × 360) "Image Not Available" text image (with this background and the same text design) for Episode Pages. Just to fill the gap with the pages without images category. Thanks!

RGL sigi 1 RGL Victor The Great RGL sigi 2 03:08, May 14, 2013 (UTC)

Done and replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 20:28, May 14, 2013 (UTC)

DarkOrbit wikia

Hi I am a member of DarkOrbit wikia. I am rank #7 and after talking to EchoBlast53 (admin) he told me to contact you guys. We have a problem when people are searching for equipment items in the search bar, that it does not show all closest results. I think that the issue is that it will only show the thing that your searching for IF you type it in correctly. Can you please adjust this so when new members or new people to the game can find stuff more easily. 

Logo Request

Hello, I am an admin from the Tokyo Mew Mew Wiki, and would like to request a logo based on this title graphic. Thank you in advance. Chimera-gui (talk) 09:16, May 16, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Chimera. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Tokyo Mew Mew Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 15:39, May 16, 2013 (UTC)

Wild Ones Wiki User Pages

Hello. I am an Administrator and Bureaucrat on Wild Ones Wiki. I have recently seen some nice features but I have problem in making them.

I want to do something like this (The user background image) but for specific users. I would like this background only on my User Page and a code so that other users will have a custom user page on request.

Thanks in advance

{{SUBST:User:WildBrick142/Sig|17:40,5/16/2013}} 17:40, May 16, 2013 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:50, May 16, 2013 (UTC)

Danceroid Wiki

Hello This Is Weskergirl1 requesting help for the Danceroid Wiki. If you could revamp the logo on the website with something a little bit better. If You Could Get Back To Us That Would be Great Thanks!!

Weskergirl1 (talk) 23:57, May 17, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Weskergirl. To be approved, the wiki must meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page, specifically (in this case) the requirements for "stubs" (short pages less than 200 bytes) being no more than 20% of total pages and having no uncategorized pages. After that's been done, either reply to this section or submit a new request, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:02, May 20, 2013 (UTC)

Star Wars Rebels wiki

Hello, Joeplay! Basically, I recently started a wiki for Star Wars Rebels - a new animated television series for STAR WARS. We need to leave an impression for possible new contributors & viewers so I need some help with some design. I am looking at  templates and such as I am not entirely experienced in this field. I understand the wiki is still at it's roots and has just begun, but that's primarily because little information is known about the series. I hope you understand & consider my application, cheers! (http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/) The Holonet (talk) 20:16, May 21, 2013 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:10, May 22, 2013 (UTC)

Battleship Craft Wiki

Hi, would you guys please help us improve our wiki, thanks alot in advance to the pros at the wiki community development team!

Tehlolguy (talk) 07:58, May 22, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Tehlolguy. The wiki is very close, but currently does not quite meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page. All that needs to be done is to add 4 more pages (for a total of 50), and be sure that there are no uncategorized pages. Once that's been done, come back and reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:32, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
Oh I found out whats wrong, I checked the page count by going to all pages, not knowing it consists of pages that were deleted,sorry,we will work on it :)Tehlolguy (talk) 10:25, May 23, 2013 (UTC)

Hi,we fianlly meet all the requirements,that is except that we cant add a catergory to the gallery page due to a bug  I  think. We will be glad if you can help us.

Thanks,

Tehlolguy (talk) 03:00, May 25, 2013 (UTC)

Good work! I added Battleship Craft Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:25, May 28, 2013 (UTC)

Maskedlopedia

Greetings.  I am the Masked your Bastard.  I run Maskedlopedia, The Bishops of Bastard Wiki.

I'm trying to change the link on my Wordmark from "Main_Page" to "Maskedlopedia", my new redirected welcome page.  Is there anyway this can be done? 

Thank you.

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:43, May 31, 2013 (UTC)

Berserk Wiki

Hello! I'm a admin of my wiki, and would like to request help for creating a new background.   Besty  Message me'! ™ (UTC)  21:32, May 31, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Besty. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Berserk Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:45, May 31, 2013 (UTC)

Game of Thrones Wiki

Hey guys! I had a fellow Admin send me this message and I am clueless as to how to do it. Perhaps you can help? Here is the original message:
(*Navbox images-We need to be able to put House sigils into the navboxes for different regions and for houses by region. For example, the "House Tyrell" template navbox does currently contain a House Tyrell sigil, but the navboxes for "The Reach" (geographically) and "Houses from the Reach" should both have Tyrell sigils in them as they are the ruling House of the Reach. I can't figure out how to do this and my attempts have failed. This needs to be done very soon.)
Feel free to message me: QueenBuffy or the admin Dragon Demands at the Game of Thrones Wiki since it was his original question. Also, here is the exact message on my talk page if you want to take a look. Thanks so much: QueenBuffy Talkpage Nav Have a great evening. QueenBuffy June 1, 2013 14:48

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:58, June 3, 2013 (UTC)

Best Friends Wiki

On behalf off the Best Friends Wiki, I'd like to request assistance with the creation of some templates and miscellany design matters.

--The Milkman | I always deliver. 18:12, June 2, 2013 (UTC)

I've been sort of consistently helping you guys since the last request, so because you made a new formal request, I added Best Friends Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 23:45, June 3, 2013 (UTC)

Jacksmith Wiki

Hi there, I am ViviannaCoffee from the Jacksmith Wiki. I am an admin and bureaucrat on the wiki. I would like to request a new background and a main page redesign. The wiki meets all the best practices, so I hope you consider us. Thanks, Vivienne Sandra Evergreen (Main Message Wall) (World War II Wiki Talk page) 05:24, June 3, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Vivianna. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Jacksmith Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 18:24, June 5, 2013 (UTC)

Disney Channel Wiki

Hey I'm Tatertat! I am the only active admin on the Disney Channel Wiki . It honestly needs help on content creation and organization. I believe that the wiki follows all the requires rules. Plus, I can use the infomation I learn for other wikis later on.

Tatertat (talk) 01:27, June 4, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Tatertat. I added Disney Channel Wiki to the approved list. Nic (User:Wagnike2) from the Community Development Team will be there soon to help. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:37, June 7, 2013 (UTC)

Team Umizoomi Wiki

Hello, I am the current admin of Team Umizoomi Wiki and I need your help! The home page needs a makeover, I still don't have a logo for the wiki, the background need to relate to Team Umizoomi, and there's not enough sceenshots for each episode of Team Umizoomi. I will thank you for it. Little Miss Cute (talk) 16:42, June 6, 2013 (UTC)

Hi Little Miss Cute. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Team Umizoomi Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 22:35, June 7, 2013 (UTC)

Cry of Fear wiki

Hello, I'm Grindor, creator of the Cry of Fear wiki, in addition to another wiki I'll work when I have more info. I want to change the background of the wiki and I think this image is perfect, however I can't change the image's resolution without making it's size larger than the size allowed for wiki's background.

My request is that (if possible) could you change the image's resolution to 1360x768. It's not necessary that you change the background, I just want you to send me the image and I'll do the rest.

By the way, my wiki was attacked by two wiki users 2 days ago, so if you see any strange content on some pages and/or grotesque/offensive pictures, is because I'm still cleaning it. Thanks beforehand.

Coprus Grindor (talk) 19:13, June 7, 2013 (UTC)

My Little Pony Adventure of Friendship Wiki.

I need help uploading a theme for my wiki and cant find the maximum size photo.

I would like to have a Little Pony picture as my theme.

Can you help me?

Rainbow Dash1 (the founder)Rainbow Dash1 (talk) 19:30, June 7, 2013 (UTC)

Secret Circle

Hi, its not a design I want on TSC wikia. What I'm asking for is a Power infobox, with similar colours to our infoboxes, with the variables

• Image (obviously)
  • Effect
  • Trigger
  • Alignment
  • Category
And then can I have a link at the bottom to link to the gallery simmilar to the one on this page but with the link in the middle.

Also, can I have a play Quiz?. Last but not least a quote box, with a brown outline and green quotations basically just Quote this one with the right quotation mark pointing at the bottom? Thanks!

Original Authority (talk) 19:40, June 7, 2013 (UTC)

TF2 FreakShow Wiki

Hello. I am one of the administrators of the TF2 FreakShow Wiki and a friend of its founder. Our wiki meets the criteria, so I would like to request your help with its design; we would like it to have a more unique design, preferably one related to the wiki's main topic. Another thing is that we would like the pages to span the entire width of the screen, since currently they look excessively contracted.

Your assisstance would be greatly appreciated. SarisKhan -- Do you hear the voices too? 20:34, June 7, 2013 (UTC)

logos worldwide wiki

logos worldwide wiki is new and lets you know better of logos it is amazing and you will love it and you are not allow to edit on this wiki

The Aether Wiki

Hi, I am the adoptive owner of The Aether Wiki, and I would greatly appreciate help with organization, content, and the main page. This wiki is based off of the extremely popular Minecraft mod, The Aether, and we try to help inform any newcomers of the mod with information and guides, as well as provide information about the latest news on the mod and upcoming features. We are in need of a better homepage, as I, the main designer, don't have the experience to make the wiki really stand out. Many of the contributors to the wiki don't use an account, and a lot of those who do have only created one at the wiki, and aren't used to editing. Of course, we still have editors that are familiar with how wikis should look, but that doesn't make up for the fact that many other people don't know how to organize pages or how to properly write an article. I would really appreciate help, as the wiki would be so much better. --IStoleThePies | Message Wall | Contributions 22:35, June 7, 2013 (UTC)

FANFIC WIKI

Hey!!

DWO Fanfic Wiki is a new wiki and we really want to make it stand out and look beautiful. Is there any chance you could help us do this - we'd be ever so greatful. This community has really brought us all together, and we want it to be as succesful as possible

Kind Regards,

TYBO

Marathon wiki duplication help

I'm the bureaucrat for the Marathon wiki at marathongame.wikia.com. This is a low traffic, but well-established wiki about the Marathon series of games with 240 articles.

After taking over the wiki, I discovered that there is another wiki covering exactly the same topic at marathon.wikia.com. This wiki has only four articles and the bureaucrat hasn't logged in since 2010.

If possible, I would like to delete the current wiki at marathon.wikia.com and relocate the content of marathongame.wikia.com to marathon.wikia.com. Assuming this can be done, I would then like to forward any future visitors to marathongame.wikia.com to marathon.wikia.com after the change is made, to handle any existing external or inter-wikia links.

Is this something that can be done? If not, is the opposite possible (maintaining marathongame.wikia.com as is and forwarding traffic for marathon.wikia.com to marathongame.wikia.com)?

2ks4 (talk) 00:31, June 8, 2013 (UTC)

See Help:Merging wikis. --Odie5533 (talk) 07:17, June 10, 2013 (UTC)

Puchim@s Wiki

I have made a wiki on Puchimas. I need help with the design. I will work on content and other stuff.

Signed, Winxfan1. I am the ultimate fan of Winx Club 00:49, June 8, 2013 (UTC)

New Wordmarks for my 4 Wikis?

If at all possible, I'd love to have a new set of wordmarks for the Marvel, DC, Image and Dark Horse wikis. In order to reuse them widely, all 4 wikis should be the same 'style', be language-agnostic (or easily translatable), and be in vector format for use in large banners, t-shirts, business cards, mobile apps, and misc. other swag. I'd like to keep the comic speech bubble theme, but I am totally open to new ideas.

Is there a graphically-inclined ComDev rockstar who is up to the challenge? Thank you so much ComDev!!!

Jamie (talk) 01:19, June 8, 2013 (UTC)

The CN Wiki

Hello im paranormaldubbing of the CN Wiki which is my current projet http://thecncartoonnetwork.wikia.com/wiki/The_CN_Wiki We need some more content added like new pages and any ideas and help for designing 

Thanks,

ParanormalDubbing (talk) 21:21, June 8, 2013 (UTC)

Nikita 2010 Wiki

Would you like to help us make an object template?  BloodAlaric SaltzmanTalkContrib 11:42, June 9, 2013 (UTC)

Macross Wiki

Hello, I'm the admin of the Macross Wiki, I have beauraucrat rights. The Macross Wiki currently has 7 users actively contribtuing, me included, since January 2013. We really need more actively contributing members.FortressMaximus (talk) 19:03, June 9, 2013 (UTC)

Stormlight Archive Wiki

Hi, I would like to get some help/advice with the logo, our theme and any other words of wisdom you can offer. Our wiki is the Stormlight Archive Wiki. --Mbg2 (talk) 20:36, June 9, 2013 (UTC)

Good Eats Wiki

I'm the administer of the Good Eats Wiki and I need help with content creation. I need more editors. Metnever (talk) 13:19, June 10, 2013 (UTC)