Hi! A few weeks ago I applied for my wiki (the desperate housewives wiki) to be featured as a spotlight and it was accepted, so I was just wondering if you could tell me when it would be ready? :) -- Julietfan2626
- Hi Josh. I'm looking into it and will let you know as soon as I find out. JoePlay (talk) 00:58, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
I am not sure if I am at the correct place, but I'll give it a shot. A while back our wiki had all the admins/brcrats with a different colour name in recent changes, but a while back this was changed. I am searching for the right answer, which is nowhere I could find.
Could you please ether show me how to do it, or change it yourselfs, that admins and brcrats show up in purple in the recent change menu.
Psychopedia Overhaul Edit
Hello, I am the Milkman. I was recently given bureacrat rights via adoption for Psychonauts Wiki. I have recieved help for two other wikis in the past, so I am fairly familiar with the process. It will however, require a lot of work, as the wiki has been largely unattended. As far as I can tell, it meets the 50 page minimum with very few stubs.
- Hello again. The wiki meets the criteria, so I've added Psychopedia to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 16:26, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
Half Minute Hero wikiEdit
Hey umm how to you add a live chat to a wiki I've been searching how to for a while but can't seem to get anything to happen. Thanks Anderzwa 15:38, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
Charmed Fan Fic Edit
Hello i want my wika Spiced please could you help http://wikapideacharmed.wikia.com
- Hi Original Authority. In order to be approved for design help, the wiki will need to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of this page, most notably the lines about having 50 pages, no uncategorized pages, and short pages (stubs). Once the wiki meets those, please come back and make a new request, and I'll be happy to add it to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 19:15, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
Commando 2 wikiEdit
I started editing the Commando 2 wiki on October 2011, however, i was the only contributer to the wiki since June or July 2010, and the founder does not respond me. This wiki is very quiet, because it is rarely being edited by others, so i started making many pages of the wiki (the wiki is about an online game).
I wanted to have administrator rights there, mainly because mediawiki pages are missing (welcoming users, for example), and i also wanted to add an ambox template to the wiki- which requres creating a mediawiki .css page.
Can you please promote me? I hope that adding some features to the wiki will attract new editors, too.
Thank you for your attention,
Penguin-Pal (talk) 12:34, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Penguin-Pal. To request admin rights on a wiki, you'll need to go to Community Central:Adoption requests where Wendy will follow up with you. JoePlay (talk) 19:24, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
I am an admin at The Law of Ueki Wiki. Our wiki could really use some modifications like a new main page, background etc. I hope you guys can help the wiki :) Thanks, 良牙 (talk) 12:35, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Ryoga. The wiki is in good shape, so I added The Law of Ueki Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 19:28, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Joe, I'm one of the admins from the Rift wiki. I was wondering if there was a way to remove the sidebar that displays when you're viewing a content page. For example: Quartermaster Unkrat. As you can see the recent activity and photos section makes it look a bit crowded, and we could use the space. I couldn't find anything anywhere to disable it, so if you could let me know I'd appreciate it. Thanks Pauliecoon 18:36, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
Dark Tower wiki Edit
Can you please help the Homepage of the Dark Tower wiki seems to have been crushed together and is displaying things such as adverts, recent wiki activity and Photos on the Wiki which normally only appear on individiual pages on a wiki.
We have no idea why this is happeneing and wonder if you happen to know how to fix it.
Additionallly do you know how to make the Dark Tower News Updates section we have work again? It used to then stopped.
Hope to hear form someone.
Tomrowley 10:16, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
The New Spider-Man wiki Edit
Hi I am wondering if you know how to make the Spider-Man News Updates section we have work on the New Spider-Man wiki?
Tomrowley 10:17, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
Isle of Tune Wiki Edit
Isle of Tune Wiki has only one active user who does minor edits, so it is almost me working by myself. Can people help with it please? The general information about Isle of Tune is located in the About page, further information are in other content pages. There are information in the combination of the website and the the App. Despite myself making many edits, I still cannot maintain the pages, so I need help. It already has over 50 content-pages (now 73 articles) —Sam Wang 05:44, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Replied on your talk page. JoePlay (talk) 17:08, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
Merlin Wiki design Edit
Hi, I am Dryuuu, the passionate admin of [http:// http://merlin.wikia.com/wiki/Merlin_Wiki Merlin Wiki]. Since obtaining the role in February, I have been working each day to deliver a unique and fresh look to the Wiki. In fact, since my debut in February, the Wiki has a whole new face, it's hard to remember what it was like before.
I am very restricted in what I can do, though, and there are some things I should like added that I cannot do myself.
Firstly, I would like the navigation link at the top, "On the Wiki" renamed to "Merlin Wiki". I would like the second-level headers underneath "On the Wiki" to be "Recent Activity" (linked to Wiki Activity), "Recent Photos" (New photos), "Upload Photos" (Upload Multiple Photos), "Recent Blogs" (Recent posts), "Follow on Twitter" (link to:https://twitter.com/#!/MerlinWiki) and "Random Page". If you could get a little Twitter symbol in there that'd be great, but I understand it is likely not possible.
The next thing I would love is a 'TOP' link, at the bottom of every page that jumps you back up to the top of the page. Preferably an arrow and "Top", just "Top" or an arrow symbol. I'd like it in the centre of the bottom of the page, to the right of "Around Wikia's network". If that's not possible, anywhere else nearby.
Thirdly, I'd like recent blogs featured in a scrollable box (showing four at a time) on the side of the "Wiki Activity" Page, below the "Noticeboard". I should also like for the header "Community Messages" gone, as I have "Noticeboard" in its place.
Lastly, is it possible to get a custom space, consistent at the bottom of each page visited on the Wiki (just above the toolbar at the bottom with "Follow" etc.), with a search bar like this one: http://merlin.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:Search&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns500=1&ns502=1&redirs=1&search= spanning from the left, and some of the search filters to the right of the search bar.
Underneath that, I'd like a Wiki navigation as well, that is sort of like the navigation menu at the top but expanded. E.g.
On the Wiki Series Community
Wiki Activity Series 1 ▲ News
New Photos Series 2 ▲ Wiki Checklist
Random page Series 3 ▲ And so on......
(The ▲ is an arrow with expanding third level links, like the arrow next to "My Tools" in the bottom toolbar.)
I hope I've made this clear! If you can do this for me, and I don't think it should be too hard, the Wiki would be just that much better.
I would like to customise this custom space at the bottom of any page any time, just like I would the "Communiy messages".
☾ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛ☽ 05:49, March 5, 2012 (UTC)Dryuuu
My name is Hollyshiftwell1 and I would like to know how I can put an ad at the bottom of each wikia page, where it says "Around Wikia's network". My wiki, Leave a Link Wiki, is just getting started and i want more contributers!
Hi, I've created this wiki, and it needs a lot of sprucing up. It's got lots of short pages, that kind of thing, but the problem is I'm the only active editor. Can you help me please? Also, can you help me out with a wordmark or favicon?
- Hi MarvelRiddle. The number of stubs (short pages less than ~200 bytes) is close enough to 20%, so all you'll need to do is put these uncategorized pages into an appropriate category. Once that's been done, I'll be glad to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 23:12, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. MarvelRiddle 23:38, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
Jak & Daxter wiki Edit
Hi, i need help. My wikia has been rolling for years days now but you can count all editors with one hands fingers so i desperately need help. Here is my wiki http://fi.jakgames.wikia.com Markus 96 18:25, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I was recently promoted to Admin on BattleBears Wiki. I am requesting because I would like to attract more users. I am pretty sure that I and the wiki meet all the requirements.
- Hi Blacksworn. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Battle Bears Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 21:49, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, i'd like to ask if you can create a background for the Magico Wikia. I've also already found the perfect image for an background right here. I thank you for your time. KidProdigy (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 07:36, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi KidProdigy. The wiki looks good, so I added Magico Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 21:51, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
Help my wiki, 4zz.wikia.com (Storypedia) become a succesful one too, plz
Help my wiki, 4zz.wikia.com (Storypedia) grow too, plz
Mimicry Man 10:25, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Futurama Wiki Edit
I'm the active bureaucrat at the Futurama Wiki, and I'm requesting help from the content team in order to revamp the wiki's appearance. It is currently rather bland, and I'd appreciate some help in making a new wordmark, as well as redesigning the background, theme, and colour scheme.
As far as I know, the Futurama wiki meets all of the requirements. I, the requester, am a bureaucrat. I'm an active editor, as is one of my two admins. The wiki has well over 50 content pages (closer to 2,000). Most of the articles are categorised. The only uncategorised articles are all episode sub-pages and I was told by JoePlay that those would be overlooked. All the full articles are categorised. The wiki is currently a friendly and stable environment, as well.
Thank you for reading my request and I look forward to getting a reply. Cheers!
- Hi Hobbes. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Futurama Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 16:14, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
League of Legends Wiki Edit
Hello. I am requesting help on a wiki change as can be seen here. We had help and assistance last time and could use more help organizing our thoughts and ideas and possibly implementing things we need help with. I also wanted to know if we could have help creating a new main page since it is very disorganized and implement a slider for it. Thank you. —Technology Wizard ·Contribs· ~Talk~ ·E-Mail· 18:43,3/24/2012
- Hi Technology Wizard. For a large and active wiki such as LoL Wiki, it's definitely a good idea to be sure that the community is in agreement with any significant changes that are proposed, such as changes to the skin and/or main page. Looking at that forum topic, there doesn't seem to be any consensus at the moment. If/when an agreement is reached, please come back and post a new message here on your request to let me know. JoePlay (talk) 16:45, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Luckyshot. In order to be approved for design help, your wiki will need to meet all of these best practices. If you're wanting to get editors to your wiki, you can add it to the list at Admin Central:Main Page/Wikis that need editors. Also, there is some good advice and tips at Help:Attracting contributors. JoePlay (talk) 16:32, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Zhu Zhu Pets Wiki Edit
Hi, I am Sbboy21. In November I became an admin for the Zhu Zhu Pets Wiki, which is a wiki about a line of popular toy hamsters. The only other active editor there named Abce2 (who I temporarily made an admin to help out with the wiki) recommended you to me, and I want you guys to give my wiki a facelift.
The requester should be either an admin, or link to a discussion with an admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help.
I am an admin, as I mentioned above.
The wiki should have at least one active admin, meaning he or she has made at least one edit in the last 7 days.
I am a very active admin on the wiki, editing almost every day.
The wiki should have at least 50 content pages. Stubs (pages listed at Special:ShortPages that are less than 200 bytes) should make up no more than 1/5th (20%) of all pages on the wiki.
The wiki currently has 70 pages. 12 pages have less than 200 bytes. 20% of 70 is 14, so there is less than 20% of stub pages.
The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category. (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty.)
Every page on the wiki is in a category.
The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals. It should be a stable, friendly place.
There are currently no upheavals going on, the only thing we are trying to do is build up the wiki.
The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by the admin(s) (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin).
It is, it says @latest.
The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
No offensive language or inappropriate pictures are on this wiki.
- Hi Sbboy. Thank you for looking at the best practices criteria. :) I added Zhu Zhu Pets Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 20:52, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
Swamp People Wiki Edit
Hello again Content Team. I am very happy with the work you have done on some other wikis I run, and I am asking for another. I am requesting that you help me make a background for the Swamp People Wiki. The Wiki meets all requirements (There is one Stub, but if it is a problem, I can fix it). I hope to hear back from you soon. DaRanger (Talk ~ Contribs) 17:55 ~ 4/2/2012
- Hi DaRanger. I added Swamp People Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 14:55, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
Club Penguin Wiki Edit
How to get rid of the "Wiki" in theWiki name Edit
I notice that some Wikis, like Uncyclopedia, Community Central, etc. etc. do not have "Wiki" in their name. However, when creating one you see "Wiki" automatically placed in the title, and the word "wiki" violates the naming policy. Any help?--AlexPrivate 13:03, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
Btooom! Wiki Edit
Hello Content Team. I would like to request a background for my Btooom! Wiki. I've already taken care of a global theme, structure, favicon and such and a background would be an awesome finishing touch. All the requirments should be okay. Thanks in advance. 23:34, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Bereisgreat. I added Btooom! Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 16:27, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, Ben 10 Planet has 1722 pages of content, a strong JS system, a well devoloped monobook design and oasis design (monobook powered by CSS), and a team of sysops and spam fighters (special group of users w/ designated usergroup, we have 2 additional usergroups that most general wikis do not have), I, the technical sysop, request help with some CSS. I will give you details, if request is passed. Thank you. --Plasma (Talk) 17:36, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Wiki Edit
I applied some time ago; I had to fix some things. After I had done so, nobody replied, and it was archived, so I have returned. --DQ13 ~ Nothing amazing ever happens here. 19:16, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi DinoQueen. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Umineko no Naku Koro ni Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 21:46, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, Community Development Team
- Hi Gstomi1. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Nexus Adventures Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 18:23, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
I just adopted this wiki like a week ago, so now i am an admin at the Psyren Wiki. This wiki could really use some modifications like a new main page, background, favicon, new wiki-wordmark (a better one) etc. I hope you guys can help the wiki.
Thanks, TriNitroToluene 12:42, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi TNT. The only thing that needs to be done to meet the best practices criteria is for these 14 uncategorized pages to be added to an appropriate category. Once that has been taken care of, please reply here, and I'll be glad to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 18:27, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay. They have been categorized. Thanks, TriNitroToluene 05:44, April 18, 2012 (UTC)