Modern combat 2 wikiEdit
please its just plain white can you help me spruce it up i am a admin there it meets all requiremnetsTurreteer 01:57, June 14, 2012 (UTC)Turreteer
- Hi Turreteer. In order to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page, please put these uncategorized pages into one or more appropriate categories. Once that has been done, come back and reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 18:07, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I'm a bureaucrat on the TESFanon wiki I would like to request a few appearance-wise changes. The wiki is in good shape but we've sadly failed with attempting to create appropriate, high definition images on the background and main page. Can you please see if you can follow up on TESFanon? We hope to achieve a stylish wiki before Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC is released. Thanks, Nanosoldier 17:07, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Nanosoldier. The wiki is in good shape, so I added The Elder Scrolls Fanon Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 18:25, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Charmed Answers Wikia Edit
So, I want the Charmed Answers wikia, Made better with design and ect. I ad a word with User:Dopp about it and she said it was worth asking if they could be done. If so i want
- Background Image (if possible)
The Wikia is here
Nikita Wikia Edit
Hey, Im an admin on the Nikita Wikia, And we have all our pages in the short pages list How come that is because it cant be they have long content, anyway we don't want a content thing, but we are asking could we jusst have a background made? or would we have to complete thee Guidelines,
One More thing do you know the thing do you know this
For help with content creation and/or organization, your wiki must follow these best practices:
- The requester should be either an admin, or link to a discussion with an admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help.
- The wiki should have at least one active admin, meaning he or she has made at least one edit in the last 7 days.
- The wiki should have at least 50 content pages.
- The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals. It should be a stable, friendly place.
- The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by the admin(s) (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin).
- The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
Do you need to meet the guidelines above them if not could we have that?
- Hi Original Authority. As you noticed, there are two separate sets of best practices - one for design help and one for content creation/organization help. The criteria for content help is a little lower (fewer requirements) than for design help. So if an admin only wants help with content, the wiki only needs to meet that second set of best practices.
- On Special:ShortPages, it lists all pages on the wiki, in the order of shortest to longest. (Notice the numbers to the right, listed in bytes.) So it's normal to see all pages there. As far as the "stubs" requirement goes, I generally define a stub as a page that is shorter than 200 bytes. So as long as the number of pages on a wiki that are less than 200 bytes is equal to or less than 20% of the total number of pages, it meets that requirement. Nikita Wiki only has 4 "stubs," which is far less than 20% of its 120 total pages. (Fun fact: Special:LongPages lists all pages on the wiki too, but in order of longest to shortest.)
- Anyway, Nikita Wiki is in good shape, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 18:31, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
New colour scheme for Orcs Must Die! Wiki Edit
Hello, I am an administrator on Orcs Must Die! Wiki. With the release of OMD!2 coming up next month, I want the wiki to have an attractive new look to get a good start. While I can work with CSS, I am more of a tech-guy than a designer. Right now I am having issues with choosing proper colours and creating a nice fitting background image. I wanted to give the wiki a better relation to OMD! by using some darker colours that fit in the style of the game.
Purple is introduced with OMD!2, as this resembles the addition of the new character The Sorceress. I think using these references might give the wiki some closer bonds with part 2 of the game, but I have no good combining skills to make such changes work out.
At this time I fear there are not enough images released by Robot Entertainment to construct a nice background. All official released community material can be found at http://assets.robotentertainment.com/Orcs-Must-Die-2/. On the bright side, I have access to very large background images from OMD!1 (1920x1200 px background images from the game files) and all carousel images found at the official OMD! website.
Right now all infobox templates used have their colour schemes hard-coded because I did not have administrator access at the time I made all infoboxes. I am planning on rewriting them to made use of CSS classes. On the bright side, not many infoboxes are used right now so this won't be much work when I have to adapt them to the new colour scheme.
I took the liberty of going through some randomly picked recently completed community design team designs. The background image in .WikiaPageBackground used on TESFanon was something I liked. How well would something combine with OMD!Wiki?
At last I have a question about spotlights. What would be the best time to request a spotlight? Would it be best to sync it with the release of the game (July 30) or by waiting some time for the wiki to get some actual content on OMD!2? I could use some extra editors because I am pretty much on my own (with the occasional help of a friend). At the same time I won't want to scare new users away with a wiki that has not much content. I think I will be able to get a lot of content up in a very short amount of time. When there is not much changed to the structure of the game files, I will be able to read them as easily as with OMD!1. ~ Flightmare 13:05, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Flightmare. The wiki is in great shape, so I added Orcs Must Die! Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 17:57, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Cavalier of the Abyss Wiki Edit
- Hi DSM. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Cavalier of the Abyss Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 21:52, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Community Development Team, Anomalous13 here. I am one of the two bureaucrats of the Bloons Wiki, along with Spike144. Our wiki is starting to get in better shape. The community is growing, we've just had a successful adoption request, and the content is growing, which is good. The main issue we have at the moment is the main page, it looks terrible! Is there any way that you guys can assist us in improve the appearance? Also, the logo could use a little work as well. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys can help in any way!
Spike and I, along with other members of the community, have discussed this and I have their consent about this request, if you were wondering. I've went over the requirements for a request and all is good. :P
Thanks! -- Anomalous13 13:08, June 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Anomalous. The wiki looks good, so I added Bloons Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 22:38, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
I need a whole design for this wiki. I want a new background and just everything, I just adopted it and while editing, it was hard to look at.
- Hi New Captain. The wiki meets the requirements, so I added Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki and will follow up with you there soon. JoePlay (talk) 22:55, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hi there! I have a question, as well as a request.
Firstly, our background looks a little pixelated and of low quality. Is there any you guys (or us) can optimize it so it looks less pixelated?
Also, our user page seems to have a bug recently where our Slider doesn't appear, and our polls don't have that dotted border around them. This has been going on for a few weeks, and we know for a fact we didn't touch anything in the css that messed it up. We're guessing a Wikia update messed it up. Is there anything we can do to fix it, or do we have to wait for another patch?
- Hi Dent. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Pirates of the Caribbean Online Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 22:28, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
HI, i'm the admin from the Smash Wiki and I was wondering if you could help make a new layout/skin for the wiki, something to make it standout and attract others i guess? The wiki is here Thanks in advance, look forward to hearing from you!
Wicked.Renthead-Gleek Life's To Short to Even Care at All
- Hi Wicked. The wiki looks good, so I added Smash Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there next week. JoePlay (talk) 23:12, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
So, the secret circle wikia is already a nice loooking wikia, but me and some of the other admins no doubt , are getting sick to death of seeing the background and logo made by a demoted, and left admin, me and SecretCircleMegaFan decided on this before but I couldn't create anything because my art skills suck its true.
- Hi Original Authority. The wiki is in great shape, so I added The Secret Circle Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there next week. JoePlay (talk) 23:16, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
Elemental Gelade WikiEdit
I would like to request a wordmark and a background for Elemental Gelade Wiki, since I don't know how to make one. I think the wiki follows all of the criteria. Aassdddai talk 09:47, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Aassdddai. The wiki does meet the criteria (thanks for the reading them!), so I added Elemental Gelade Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there next week. JoePlay (talk) 23:22, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
Changing the logo of the wikia Edit
I'm the founder/administrator of the James Lightman Wikia, how do I change the logo
TRiddle500 00:40, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
Crystal Saga Wiki Edit
Hi I'm the Admin of Crystalsaga Wiki, and I'm not really an expert at design so any help we could have with the wiki would be awesome, specifically with the homepage :) I've reviewed the requirements and I'm pretty sure everything is ok :)
GamingGrl24 03:47, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi GamingGrl24. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Crystal Saga Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there soon. JoePlay (talk) 00:09, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Children of the Lamp Wiki Edit
Hi, we could use some help making the main page stand out a little, to attract more people on the wiki. Or maybe some theme consideration too. We'd appreciate the help! --Qim1 18:20, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Qim1. I helped out the wiki last year, and it's still it's still looking good, so I added Children of the Lamp Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there soon. JoePlay (talk) 00:14, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Jackiespeel. In order to be approved, the wiki must meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of this page. Once it does, come back and make a new request, and I'll be happy to add it to the list. JoePlay (talk) 00:16, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Hollywood Heights is a new show on Nick at Nite. I've already added a wordmark and background, but I think it could be better. I could also use help with the main page. Thank you.
01:29, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi KataraFan. The wiki meets the criteria, so I added Hollywood Heights Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 17:55, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
Gearspedia page issues Edit
Club Penguin Wiki- PortalsEdit
I'd like to request adding a new namespace called Portal (like portals in wikipedia) on the wiki Club Penguin Wiki. We have many subjects we would like to add to the main page of the wiki, but as tehy will take so much space, making portals will make everything easier.
I hope you can help :)
Penguin-Pal (talk) 09:53, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
My wiki done not match but I really need help adding pages
I am new to this and is bad at making pages so please help
I will appreciate it..........
Hi, I am the Admin of TOR Wiki. We are doing a redesign of the wiki to make it look better and what we need is a new logo, so I would appreciate if you could design a cool looking logo for the wiki since the current one is very old and just plain boring. I have checked all the requierments and the wiki meets them, although some pages still show in Special:UncategorizedPages due to the cache not being refreshed. Thanks in advance! Dosadnik 1 (talk) 08:46, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
Carrie Underwood WikiEdit
Hi! I just really need help all over. I'm the only member, and in general I just need to attract attention and make things look, I don't know...awesome. Almost certain I meet all requirements.
- Hi. The wiki does meet the criteria, so I added Carrie Underwood Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 15:37, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
Degrassi Wiki Edit
Hello! I'm a bureaucrat from the Degrassi Wiki, and we've been wanting to have a new background for a while now, but we don't have anyone on the wiki that is particularly talented that can design one. The wiki should meet all the terms of the best practices, and I recently organized the uncategorized pages today, so if the changes haven't shown yet, I can assure you that they have been made. Loveya Pictures last longer. 03:32, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Loveya. The wiki is in great shape, so I added Degrassi Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 20:39, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Community Central folks, I was wondering if you could help my wiki out, the Rockstar Games GTA Vice City wiki or GTA Vice City Wiki for short, by possibly helping us redesign the home page. It would really be great to see a new and more attracting home page. --Coupe94 (talk) 11:29, July 25, 2012 (UTC) (founder)
- Hi Coupe94. In order to be approved, the wiki must meet the best practices requirements linked at the top of this page. The only thing your wiki needs to do to meet those requirements is put these uncategorized pages into an appropriate category. Once that has been done, come back and either reply to this section or create a new request, whichever you prefer. JoePlay (talk) 15:59, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
Thinktank Wiki and Local History WikiEdit
- Hi Jackiespeel. Both wikis meet the criteria, so I added Think Tank Wiki and Local History Wiki to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 16:10, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Heparin. The wiki is in good shape, so I added Muv-Luv Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 19:10, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
Total Drama: Revenge of the Island Edit
Hi, I was the one who wanted to adopt the Total Drama: Revenge of the Island Wiki, since the admins weren't contributing to it, for three months now. I wanted to gain admin rights since I contributed to it. --Don't be timid, come talk to me. 03:51, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I see that Wendy from Community Support is assisting you with this. JoePlay (talk) 19:22, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
I belive we have met the specifications for it.We could use some color splash-ups and a new backround
- Hi Green Ninja. If you recheck the best practices criteria, you'll see that only an admin from the wiki can make the request for help. I noticed that most of Ninjago Wiki's admins are currently active, so I would advise discussing this with them, and if they agree to getting help, ask one of them to visit this page and make a request. Then, I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 19:28, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
911 First Responders WikiEdit
Hi, I am an administator and I was wondering if you could create a logo for the wiki using the same type of font as in the picture. File:524202_122153931261953_1627823149_n.jpg Engine89LAFD (talk) 22:52, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. In order to be approved for help, the wiki must meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of this page, specifically the parts about having at least 50 pages and no uncategorized pages. Once the wiki meets those requirements, come back and either make a reply to this section or create a new request, and I'll be happy to add it to the list. JoePlay (talk) 19:34, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
Gumbapedia Fanon Wiki Edit
Hi! I'm Darwin3288765, an admin at the Gumbapedia Fanon Wiki. This wiki is for people who want to write fanfiction on The Amazing World of Gumball. We need a new background that is not as repetitive or bland as the current one we have. Also, how do you create specific templates specifically for your wiki? That's all, thanks. Darwin 3288765 (talk) 21:03, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Darwin. In order to meet the best practices requirements linked at the top of the page, you'll need to put these uncategorized pages into an appropriate category. Once you've taken care of that, come back and reply here so I'll know. Then I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved list. JoePlay (talk) 19:37, July 31, 2012 (UTC)