Community Central
Community Central
(→‎Question: new section)
Line 292: Line 292:

== Question ==

== Question ==

If the admin has logged in recently but hasn't edited for a while, does that count as being eligble to become bureacruat or Admin?
+
If the admin has logged in recently but hasn't edited for a while, does that count as being eligble to become bureacruat or Admin? <font face="Arial">[[User:JRCS|<font color="navy">JRCS</font>]] [[User_talk:JRCS|<small><font color="blue">talk to me</font></small>]]</font> 19:40, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:40, 3 August 2011

The Adoption requests should really be in a forum

Having a big fat page with an ever-growing list seems archaic and awkward. What's wrong with adopt.wikia.com redirecting to Forum:Adoption requests (with the appropriate category setup and stuff)? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7:06 PM PST 2 Jun 2010

Picture

Can someone explain the picture to me, it just seems a bit random? --Semajdraehs-Talk page 19:50, 19 August 2008 (UTC)

It's blueprints, cause you're building a wiki. It's a metaphor. (In other words: The best that we could come up with at the moment. :) ) -- Danny (talk) 23:38, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Great choice of picture: unfinished building, with the viewer holding the plans for how the project should be continued. — Robin Patterson (Talk) 10:03, 27 December 2008 (UTC)

Is there any discussion on changing those set requirements for adopting a wiki

mainly 'the original admin hasn't edited in 60 days', if an admin hasn't edited in 30 days, but only edited for one day in the first place, isn't that just as worthy for adoption as lets say an admin who edits for a year then has abandend for 60 days?

I'm not sure if these standards were a community descion, but I do believe they are a bit obstructing. --Semajdraehs-Talk page 19:07, 21 August 2008 (UTC)

In general, there shouldn't be a huge rush to become an admin somewhere. You don't need to be an admin in order to contribute to a wiki, and help build it up. If the admin hasn't edited for 30 days, then leave them a talk page message, or try sending an e-mail.
Meanwhile, work on adding content for a while. There's tons to do on a new wiki -- building up articles, adding images and creating a category structure. You don't need to be an admin to do that stuff.
By the time you've made 100 pages of content, it'll be 60 days, and you'll be able to request adminship then. For now, your focus should be on building the content. How does that sound? -- Danny (talk) 21:29, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
It says that you mustn't have been been made an admin on any other wiki, in order to be eligible to adopt. Does this include the Admin Tools Wiki? It would seem reeeeeally dumb if it did. Timeroot TalkContribsEdit count 22:30, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Requests in other languages

Is Wikia management happy to have each established Central Wikia in another language run its own parallel procedure for adoption? See, for example, w:fr:adoptions.

If so, should there be some way to ensure that nobody can be granted adoption rights in respect of more than one wiki at a time, irrespective of which language/s they use and which Central Wikia they apply through? Any other safeguards come to mind?

Robin Patterson (Talk) 05:42, 26 December 2008 (UTC)

Halowiki.net

Is it possible to adopt halowiki.net? Halowiki isn't apart of the wikia community, it is just mediawiki. I have considered adding a request but I am not sure if I am allowed to since its not wikia, I believe that it meets all requirements to be adopted, its founders have left, only about 4 members contribute (including myself), and there is only 1 (active) admin left and no bureaucrat. Please help, thank you --I Ross I

That wiki has absolutely nothing to do with Wikia, thus Wikia staff have no power on that wiki. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) (tricks) (current topic) Dec 27, 2008 @ 08:28 (UTC)
Too bad it's under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 license - or you could copy its material to a Halo Wikia. But you and the other active members could copy your own contributions over to here and create (more?) links from there to here. (Its sole bureaucrat/founder contributed in late September, so you may be a bit unfair saying its founders have left. Have you tried emailing the founder or any of the other dozen inactive sysops?) — Robin Patterson (Talk) 10:22, 27 December 2008 (UTC)

Ok, thank you you guys, I figured it wasn't going to work, so my only shot is to email the founder/bureaucrat and ask for help. (and about 9 out of the 12 other admins have made less than 50 edits, they were just clan members, so yah) Thanks again, I Ross I

Data Crystal

Would I be able to becaom an admin on this wik? The reason I am asking is its not on the list, here is a link to it: Data Crystal

Please reply on my talk page so I get the reply, thanks.--MysteryHeff TALK 11:57, 8 January 2009 (UTC)

Sorry, but that wiki isn't hosted by Wikia (or at least, I don't think it is). --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 16:38, 8 January 2009 (UTC)

is there another website that I could see about adopting Data Crystal?--MỸŠŦЄЯỸЊӘҒҒ TALK 05:14, 9 January 2009 (UTC)

Try asking one of their Administrators. AnyoneEB made an edit on December 2, so you may want to contact him. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 13:17, 9 January 2009 (UTC)

TELETOON

The Teletoon Wikia hasn't edited in... like forever! Orange Yoda was the last one to edit it and it doesn't even have 1 FULL PAGE! You should put it up for adoption.Animal Crossing Leader 08:58, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
-P.S. The last time someone edited was so long ago that it can't even say!

What?

What happened to the requests page!?! --Blurrr(Complaints department) 16:11, 10 January 2009 (UTC)

I fixed it, but what happened? -- Blurrr(Complaints department) 16:13, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Please check the page's history before posting a comment.
If you check Special:Contributions/Iceman12, you'll realize that Iceman12 is a vandal; Iceman12 just wanted to mess up the page. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 14:03, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
I should have down that first, sorry. --Blurrr(Complaints department) 16:05, 11 January 2009 (UTC)

I know what that vandalism was

Its very simular to somthing called the Goatse MediaWiki.

Is it really this long

What's holding up responses for adoption? It's been more than a week since the last wiki was responded to... --koisuru (talk) 16:12, 19 February 2009 (UTC)

Some of the admins have been away, and I'm only pointing out the requests that have no chance at succeeding.--Iner22 19:49, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
It would be nice to get some feedback on these, either way.    Willo    talk    contribs    email   23:35, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
I would like to point out that I posted a request for an adoption fro the bible wiki. SWBVDM 08:12 28 March 2009 (CAT)

Shaman King Wiki

It has been some time and the request has been put down. Does that mean that because no one has responded on the discussion that it has been declined. Seriously i am not in the mood of going through that of revision history to find out. --Gojita 21:00, 18 March 2009 (UTC)Gojita

Found it and i can see it has been accepted, but i can't see if i have goten the administrator rights or not, could you guys help me with this --Gojita 21:14, 18 March 2009 (UTC)Gojita
Well, you could just try locking or unlocking a page, do it the fast way, or see if the page Special:ListUsers on whichever wiki lists you as a Bureaucrat or Sysop. --Yoshord 21:51, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
There is nothing of such, i am not listed as anything, also i requested to adopt the wiki to become a admin, but i have still not been given any such rights, as when i edit the pages i can only do it like a regular member. Just look at the request, nothing whatsoever has been done about it, although i can see that it has been accepted here --Gojita 13:59, 19 March 2009 (UTC)Gojita

Changes in rules suggested

Moved from Wikia:Adoption requests.

Blocked on another Wikia project

I urge you to considering changing the rule that bars users who have been blocked from adopting wikis. Most blocks on Wikia are justified but a few aren’t. Some sysops are 15 years old and even adults who want to be fair can make mistakes.

Further when a wiki represents a specific viewpoint, Christianity, atheism, liberalism etc sometimes reasonable edits representing different viewpoints are treated as vandalism. Free speech doesn’t require that wikis let themselves become a platform for views they disagree with but free speech does require that those who have been blocked simply for disagreeing with the viewpoint of a particular wiki can start their own wiki and express their viewpoint. Viewpoints that are acceptable in democracies should be expressed somewhere. Only extremes like racism etc have no place in decent wikis.

May I suggest that if a user requests adoption of a wiki after being blocked at Wikia you look into which contributions led to the block and find out if the user behaved so badly that he/she should not adopt a wiki? —This unsigned comment is by Proxima Centauri (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

We are aware that blocks are not always justified, and we are always willing to hear explanations for why an adoption should be allowed. We will use our staff tools and our best judgment to decide if the blocked user can be trusted not to abuse the admin tools on another wiki. :) — Catherine (talk) 17:34, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Welcoming other users

Now that Wikia automatically welcomes most new users, the rule about welcoming should be modified, along the lines of "have written a greeting or other welcoming comment on nearly every new non-vandalistic contributor's talk page". — Robin Patterson (Talk) 02:44, 8 May 2009 (UTC)

What is adoption?

I don't get the idea of adopting a wikia. It confuses me. Can anyone answer this dillema? --Gruntijackal 18:59, 21 April 2009 (UTC)

If the founder of a wiki leaves, so there's no active administrators, and you're working on that wiki and want to gain administrator powers so you can "take over" running the wiki, then you ask to "adopt" it here. -Daiku{Whine Here} {Look what I did!} 19:03, 21 April 2009 (UTC)

Is there anything in which you can become an administrator and not the 'master' of the wikia. --Gruntijackal 19:11, 21 April 2009 (UTC)

If you are the only active admin on a wiki, then you are the "master" (you basically decide everything if you want to, nobody can do anything about it). However, as soon as a community starts forming, you should start listening to them and eventually appoint a new admin. If the community feels you abuse your powers they can ask wikia staff to remove them. Ose TalkContribs 19:43, 21 April 2009 (UTC)

I meant how do you become an administrator? (wikia:WowFanon) This wikia is practically deserted and I need to sort of help it grow. --Gruntijackal 20:09, 21 April 2009 (UTC)

There are guidelines on the page, if you just click "Project page" at the top of this page, there's a template near the top of that page showing what the Helpers look for in an adopter.--Iner22 20:32, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Of course, as has been said many times, you can help a wiki grow without being an administrator. — Robin Patterson (Talk) 02:44, 8 May 2009 (UTC)

How Often?

How often is the adoption page updated? Solar Dragon 15:25, 28 April 2009 (UTC)

Irregularly, especially since it depends on human being to read the request and determine whether the requester is ready for the position. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 18:27, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Still, it's been almost a week since the last admin checked this page and the requests are starting to pile up a bit. IDK how many people they have that work on this (and I understand that some or all of them may be volunteers), but a week is a long time for a request to go unprocessed. Not checking this page is like me not checking the threads that still need to be approved on the forum I moderate. It's unacceptable. MAemilius 04:39, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
I am really starting to think there is a problem with the requester when it has only been a week and they are so antsy to get admin controls. The controls don't make the world easier for you. There shouldn't be a rush to become a admin and people racing for the spot I feel are not the right people for the job. It takes time and patience to build a wiki, and becoming a admin doesn't help that go faster. Devilmanozzy (Talk Page) 15:03, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
I think we are getting a misunderstanding here. We (MAemilius and I (Starlaser.imperion)) are both experienced in Wiki's. We are currently involved with a wiki for the Imperion game (made by Travian Games). The main problem is that the Travian Game Dev's are going to shut down the current wiki wiki.imperion.com in the next two weeks and replace it with a Question and Answer something... we were told by GameAdmin of Imperion.ORG that it would be wise to move the wiki.imperion.com to a "fan" based wiki. We asked around and one of our sister games (Travian) has a wiki here (travian.wikia.com) and suggested us to use the "inactive" imperion.wikia.com. As the current imperion.wikia.com is "inactive" we would like to get admin rights, as the front page needs sorting out as it has been lock, we can not do anything there. We would like to get the imperion.wikia in shape before the current wiki.imperion.com shutsdown for good. The wiki.imperion.com serves the gaming community of .USA, .COM.AU, .NET and .ORG. Currently it has over 1000 pages, with 88 registered Moderates (Only GameAdmin approved user could register) and 9 Admins, of which I'm one. Over the 6 month it has been up and running, it received 1,941,247 views. So its used. The main problem is thus A) the current wiki.imperion.com is getting shut down, B) the current imperion.wikia.com needs active admins to change the currnet front page, css layout etc. C) Also there are going to be redundant pages that needs deleting. So for all of this we need Admin rights. I know that we are all volenteers (you guys here at Wikia.com and us (MAemilius and I (Starlaser.imperion) at Imperion.ORG) , and we both respect that. We are just a bit baffled by the "slow" response time of the Mods here. Its just that Our GameAdmin, would not tolerate an Open support ticket/Questions, of any Player to be left unaswered for more than a week. I hope that I have cleared the air and that from now a constructive relationship can be developed. Best Regards, Starlaser.imperion 16:08, May 16, 2010 (UTC) (the Current forum discussion on the wiki transfer on .ORG)
It is as Starlaser says. A major part of my impatience is that my initial request was answered the next day, which I responded to, in a similarly timely manner, to clear up a question the admin had. I expected a similarly timely response and I haven't received it. We have a lot of work that needs to be done, and I had hoped to have the work done before our current wiki is shut down. I'm just one of those "get it done now" kinda people. Building a wiki's content is something that can take months, building a wiki's look can be done in a few days. We already have a majority of our content. That just leaves the design, which we can't do without admin privileges. MAemilius 22:39, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Ok check this out this link Community Central:Moving your wiki to Wikia. Devilmanozzy (Talk Page) 01:17, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
At this point 98% of the content is on (of game version 0.9.4), we now need the front done, then start getting the back end sorted out. The current content will need major overhaul in about a week and a half when the Dev's bring out 0.9.5, which brings major game changes (how much change we dont know). As we have the major subjects in place most of it will probably be tweeks, additional pages and deletion of redundant pages. (and we can not delete with out admin rights, can not change the front page with out the admin rights), so back to our original request, now about two weeks ago; Can we have Admin rights?. Much Regards, Starlaser.imperion 08:22, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
If we can not have admin right, who do I turn to, to get the frontpage sorted out? there is a massive list, that MAemilius has prepared, on stuff that needs doing, It will invole a large chunck of someonese time, as it needs to be sorted out before the end of next week (as the week after the currnet wiki wil be taken of air, and our gamning comunity has no-where to find specific detailed information) Starlaser.imperion 08:33, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Devil, there already exists an Imperion wiki. We're just trying to take it over and get it up to speed since no one else is available to do it from the wiki's original staff. We've already done pretty much all we can do without having Admin rights. We're not after a carbon copy of our current wiki. I'd very much like to update it using Wikia's standard layout since it's more intuitive and modify the styling to make it look less like we just copied everything. We just want to have this whole thing done before our Dev controlled wiki gets pulled. MAemilius 11:11, May 17, 2010 (UTC)

Goo Goo dolls

I am leaving for awhile and would like for Goo Goo Dolls to be put up for adoption. I will come back so I want to keep my admin tools. Chester Talk 20:24, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

Hydro thunder

I've been really busy lately and didn't think about all the time it would take to pretty much re-construct a wiki, and I just wont have time to edit it for a long time, if ever. I dont think anyone will do it (seeing the position it was in when I found it), but I'd like the hydro thunder wiki to go up for adoption so it will have a chance to go to someone who CAN make it what it could be, which I cant. In other words, Im putting it up for adoption. Thanks for your time. If you need to contact me about this, Email me at hayabusa61@yahoo.com. P.S. I wish to keep my admin tools so in the low chance I will get time, I can work on it.Papayaking 05:55, 19 July 2009 (UTC)

inFAMOUS Wiki

I now have approval from all users. SuSpence95 00:03, 5 August 2009 (UTC)

From Admin to Bureaucrat

Are you allowed to change your status from administrator to bureaucrat on the Adoption requests? Because I'm the active administrator of the Dinosaur King Wikia, and I would like to make another member an administrator, but I can't since I'm not a bureaucrat. Is there a way to nominate other members as administrators, if I cannot change my status? --DQ13|Dino Queen 02:16, January 12, 2010 (UTC)

Adoption of the Winx Club Wiki

Am I allowed to adopt the Winx Club Wiki? A sysop has been on recently, but there are no bureaucrats on our wiki. Our founder is unknown, and I'd like to adopt it. I have the most edits on our wiki as far as I know, I'm very friendly to the other users, and I have helped out a lot. Dad, I'm a Fairy! Roxy13 20:58, January 12, 2010 (UTC)Roxy13

Adoption

How do we go about adopting wikias? I would like to adopt http://heavyrain.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Rain_Wiki as the site is currently vulnerable and with release imminent the site would fail.Birdie94jb 22:41, February 3, 2010 (UTC)

You do know that wiki is not "vulnerable" and is very active so I'm not an admin just helping out the people here but you probably (99%) will not be able to adopt that wiki. --WWEfourlife 06:06, July 22, 2011 (UTC)

Link to wiki

I notice that a lot of users don't link to their wikis. Wouldn't it make it easier if there was a reminder for them to do so? The 888th Avatar (talk) 11:04, March 8, 2010 (UTC)

Removing an old administrator

I'm not sure where to post this at. Back in November I was allowed to adopt Total Annihilation Wikia. The previous administrator made just one article ever, and then used it to upload some images totally unrelated to any of the games, using the site for personal storage perhaps(I have just erased all of these). His last edit was on 2008 December 17 [1]. Can I remove him entirely from the list of administrators? No sense to have anyone listed there who hasn't done anything at all, ever, other than one small article on Kbots, and didn't even bother with a main page. See his contributions [2]? Dream Focus 07:25, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

You might want to try Special:Contact. That's the fastest way for staff to remove admin rights when the community decides that it is in their best interest. The 888th Avatar (talk) 07:56, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. Did so yesterday after reading this. No response yet. I'm surprised they don't have a notice board somewhere for this sort of thing. Dream Focus 07:20, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Editintro

How about we add an edit intro with large text: "New requests at the bottom, provide link." This should prevent people from not doing that. Mark (talk) 00:30, May 24, 2010 (UTC)

This isn't a request, just a question. (not an adoption request)

What are the different users rights a user can be given here? Is it just Admin, Rollback and Burecrat? Are Bot, VSTF, Helpers, Wikia Staff, Oversighters and check users part of the request forum?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 13:36, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

Yes, those 3. And Bot can be granted via request to bot accounts with applicable community consensus. The other rights such as Wikia Staff/Helpers/VSTF are global groups for employees, contractors, and volunteers respectively. Oversight and check user are part of the MediaWiki software and "Exist" because they're part of the staff group and certain contractors have the rights as part of their duties. --User? 13:45, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
If I have a wiki I founded, can I become a bot there, or if I become a bot there, do I become a bot at every wiki, or is it just the one I request?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 14:08, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
If you are bureaucrat on a wiki you can assign bot privileges to any user, only on your wiki. --Pcj (TC) 14:19, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Not true, by default Bureaucrats cannot assign accounts as bots. It would have to be requested via Special:Contact. --User? 14:22, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Oh, guess WoWWiki is the exception :P --Pcj (TC) 14:30, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Wiki defaults can be seen at Wikia Starter. --User? 14:34, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
A bot flag isn't something granted to a user account, because it hides edits from the recent changes. A bot flag is intended for bot accounts that are used by scripts and frameworks (such as AutoWikiBrowser or Pywikipediabot). You would need to have a separate bot account in order to receive a bot flag. And if your bot account is flagged as a bot, it would be on a per wiki basis, so just the one you request. --User? 14:22, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
So if I wanted to become a bot, would it be at the wiki requested from or every wikia? Also what happens if we use the same account for our bot account?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 14:43, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
A wiki-by-wiki basis. NOT every wikia, just the wiki requested. And you don't want your main account to be a bot account, and Wikia won't flag a main account like that. It has to be a separate account. --User? 15:00, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
I was planning on become one at Tremors wiki, but since I just became an admin there, and created three others wikis, I'm kind of unsure. But how can I create a new account at the tremors wiki, and keep my old account for others?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 15:40, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
You can use the same account at any wiki on Wikia, as Wikia uses a shared user database. If different accounts have separate rights at each of 3 other wikis, you can simply assign rights to the one account you want (likely the oldest one with the most contributions) and keep it consistent, and then simply forget about the other accounts. And then if you want to use bots on those wikis, have a 2nd account as a bot account for all 4 of them. So you'll have one account as your user account for all wikis and 2nd account for bot tasks on all wikis. --User? 15:57, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Wait, what? You lost me. How do I create an account that's new at tremors wiki, but keep my ScratteLover2 account at ice age wiki? Or is it, I just log in new at tremors, and it stays the same at others?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:22, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
You don't need a new account, if your main account is ScratteLover2, you don't need ScratteLover3 at all. If you login to ScratteLover2 at one wiki, you will be logged into all wikis as ScratteLover2 automatically. --User? 16:28, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
What I meant was for bot account, if get it, how do it do it. I already new once I log in at one, it logs me in all of them. But with my bot account, how would I keep ScratteLover2 at iceage wiki, and ScratteLover3 at tremors wiki, the one I want to be a bot at?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:31, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
You would use ScratteLover3 in pywikipedia or AWB and ScratteLover2 in your browser. --Pcj (TC) 16:33, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Huh? Were talk about tremors and ice age wiki, not what pywikipedia and awb are.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:39, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
A bot account is just a separate account, typically you use bot software on your bot account, but you can log out and back in on your browser. Both accounts would be Wikia global, but the bot privileges would only apply on the wiki you asked for them on. --Pcj (TC) 16:41, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
I sent an email to wikia central requesting bot rights, but it's been a while, and no one has respond back yet. But just In case, can I become in bot under the account ScratteLover3 at tremors wiki, which I left a link for above, but I put it here to. Tremors wiki.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 17:04, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

Help

I stupidly gave Brandondorf9999 admin rights of Chipmunk Fanon and he gave rights to GoboFraggle and he blocked me from the wikia. Please unblock me and block those users to stop them from being abusive with their rights, thank you --Manta-bee 23:13, June 21, 2010 (UTC) Also Block Brandondorf888 another user he gave rights to. Could you also give me my admin rights back on the site so I can bring everything back to normal? --Manta-bee 23:28, June 21, 2010 (UTC)

He's setting up other accounts that are obviously him, and giving them admin rights to keep me blocked! HELP someone please!!!

I have an idea. How about I ask one of them to make me an admin there, then I block them, and unblock you? How's that sound?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:06, June 30, 2010 (UTC)

You may want to try Special:Contact because this page is not checked that often. HaloTalk 19:13, July 2, 2010 (UTC)

Reasoning behind eligibility requirements

I would like to learn the reasoning behind the requirement of not creating, adopting or becoming an admin in a two month period. Is it to prevent cybersquatting? To show that a person isn't flitting from one shiny object to another as a new wiki catches their eye? To give them time to build up their existing wiki(s) before adding another? Something else?

I can see in the "Is there any discussion..." section at the top of the page that part of the answer appears to be an encouragement to make edits. But, I'm wondering how practical it is in a situation where you come across a wiki you're interested in and see that the sysop or admins have not made any edits in half a year or longer. That's a pretty clear indication that they've lost interest in the wiki and have abandoned it. Could the editing history of the prospective admin be taken into account to waive needing to wait until 60 days has elapsed? - RRabbit42 (leave a message) 07:24, July 21, 2010 (UTC)

(The editing history would be not only on the wiki that the person wants to adopt but on other wikis where they participate. - RRabbit42 (leave a message) 14:11, July 21, 2010 (UTC) )

What happened?

I remember having admin rights at Carnosaur wiki. But for some reason my admin and burecrat rights are gone, and I was the founder of the wiki. If it is possible, can somone give me the rights back? I checked the recent changes page the day the disappeared, and there wasn't anything that said my rights were removed.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) Check out my new fanfiction LBT XV 23:46, July 21, 2010 (UTC)

From what I can see on the Local list users page, ScratteLover is still the sysop. You are using the ScratteLover2 account, which you created on December 22nd, according to the logs. In order to be admin and bureaucrat again, you will need to use the original account.
If you're having trouble logging into that account, use the password recovery function. If you still cannot log in, contact a Wikia employee on the Contact page. -- RRabbit42 (leave a message) (not a Wikia staff member) 14:00, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
Problem is I never had an email for ScratteLover, so I can't use the password recovery function.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) Check out my new fanfiction LBT XV 14:35, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
Then you will need to go through the adoption process so you can become admin under your new account. - RRabbit42 (leave a message) 15:07, July 24, 2010 (UTC)

ANUBIS: Z.OE. Wiki

I would like to request the adoption of the Hideo Kojima's ANUBIS: Zone of the Enders Wiki. Amidst the many faults of this site;

• The userbase is virtually nonexistent;
  • No editors;
  • Lack of pages denoting site policy, and (most importantly);
  • Almost nobody edits the Z.O.E. Wiki.

That being said, I think you should have a look around the Wikia. The content is acceptable, however the place is still in extremely dire condition. ProtoStealth 02:06, September 17, 2010 (UTC)

What is considered an "active" admin?

Is an active admin one that has logged in in the last 60 days, or one that has edited in the last 60 days? I ask this because I've been looking at the adoption requests and letting users know if it's not up for adoption or they do not meet the requirements, but there's one case where an admin has logged in but not edited in the last 60 days. I hope no staff member minds me having a look and letting users know. The Thirteenth Doctor 00:08, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

• It refers to having edited. If an admin logs in, that's not just logging into that wiki, it's logging into all of Wikia, so it's not indicative of an admin's activity on a specific wiki unless s/he edits. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 15:55, December 10, 2010 (UTC)

Na polskiej x-men wiki brakuje adminów ,piszę to tu z tego powodu bo mnie tu skierowano. Bardzo chciałabym zostać adminem. Dziękuję za pomoc. Simka Asia 17.46, 13.12.2010

Jeszcze raz uprzejmie proszę o mianowanie adminem Simka Asia 18.41, 18.12.2010 Poland

Backyard Monsters

I would like to be adopted as an Administrator for the Backyard Monsters Wiki. The Administrator for this page is only one and have been inactive since August 20, 2010. I have edited many articles on this wiki and created few pages already. I have replied to people in the talk page sincerely, respectful, and in a good manner. I am willing to improve this wiki. AdminTheSecond 11:57, December 26, 2010 (UTC)

• Hi. Feel free to put your request onto the main adoption page, as the talk page is just a place for discussion about the adoption requests process. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 22:41, January 6, 2011 (UTC)

Hot Fuzz Wiki

Just thought I'd point out that it has been three days since my request. There are no active users, and the old sysops/b'crats proved themselves incompetent. I've created pages for characters, categories for easier access to these pages, and cleaned them up. Currently, without admin rights, I cannot delete some unecessary categories that are about users rather than Hot Fuzz, and I cannot edit the main page (that, or I can't find the bloody edit button) which is extremely messy. It has unecessary videos and most of the content regards Shaun of the Dead! I now have to go through the wiki and either delete (if I choose to remove SotD content... which I can't do) or clean it all up (if I choose to keep SotD content... in which case I'll be busy once more adding pages and the like)

I'm simply saying, without me as an active admin, the wiki is simply rotting away. It could only benefit from an active admin. I implore you to answer my request soon. Thank you. -xHobbes (Talk) 01:48, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

Requests take time. Patience is a virtue for a reason. When I requested to adopt a wiki, it took a week and a half before I got the rights. Just be patient and someone will get to your request--God (Pray) 02:26, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

• Three days is still within the 2-3 day reply window that we mention at the top of the page. I'll be going through a number of requests tonight, and yours will be included in that. Thanks for your patience. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 03:21, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as impatient, I assure you, that is not what I meant. I just want to get more things done there. Sorry. -xHobbes (Talk) 03:30, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Wiki

Hi! I am Happychickenvermin. I would like to adopt the wiki site stated above. The creator is gone and the admins are nonexistant. If I become an admin, I will revamp the site and give admin rights to some other people on the Wiki.

Please reply.

P.S. Is it possible to edit the name of the Wiki?

Thanks - *Happychickenvermin!!! 10:59, March 30, 2011 (UTC)

• This is the request page's talk page. Please place your request there. -- Xd1358(Talk) 14:10, March 30, 2011 (UTC)

Quick Question

I have a quick question, why am I not allowed to adopt if I've been given admin access in the last 60 days? I really would like to adopt a wiki...--Bullε t (Novandals)(Don't be A Jerk) 06:57, June 10, 2011 (UTC)

1. Can you please template your sig, it is gigantic. 2. Those are the rules. You have to wait 60 days in between adoptions. No exceptions are made.--GodPray  07:09,6/10/2011 
  • Probably to make the adopter concentrate on the first wiki than adopting multiple wikis. -- Xd1358(Talk) 07:25, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
    • I believe it is to stop peple 'collecting wikis'. See Brandon's comment here.

I'm not trying to collect wikis... I was given Admin access on the Chocolate Wiki for frequent editing. I was editing on a smaller wiki before that one, and now I want to adopt it, but I can't?-_- --Bullε t (Novandals)(Don't be A Jerk)

It does not matter what your intentions are. Just wait the sixty days and you can adopt again.--GodPray  23:51,6/10/2011 

Admin

Hi I would like to become Admin Simspedia, as administrators are inactive would like to restore order there (sorry for my mistakes I'm Polish and I speak English poorly.) So please do not hesitate to give me Admin rights I have little 'Edit' but this wiki is in a terrible state so that even the good users of the wiki has not come to it. So I want to try to help this Wiki. Again, please do—This unsigned comment is by User:Bigziom (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Made a mistake

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section and moved it to the right one...hopefully. Openwithnotepad 01:07, July 29, 2011 (UTC)

Question

If the admin has logged in recently but hasn't edited for a while, does that count as being eligble to become bureacruat or Admin? JRCS talk to me 19:40, August 3, 2011 (UTC)