FANDOM

2011Edit

Hot Fuzz Wiki Edit

Just thought I'd point out that it has been three days since my request. There are no active users, and the old sysops/b'crats proved themselves incompetent. I've created pages for characters, categories for easier access to these pages, and cleaned them up. Currently, without admin rights, I cannot delete some unecessary categories that are about users rather than Hot Fuzz, and I cannot edit the main page (that, or I can't find the bloody edit button) which is extremely messy. It has unecessary videos and most of the content regards Shaun of the Dead! I now have to go through the wiki and either delete (if I choose to remove SotD content... which I can't do) or clean it all up (if I choose to keep SotD content... in which case I'll be busy once more adding pages and the like)

I'm simply saying, without me as an active admin, the wiki is simply rotting away. It could only benefit from an active admin. I implore you to answer my request soon. Thank you. -xHobbes (Talk) 01:48, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

Requests take time. Patience is a virtue for a reason. When I requested to adopt a wiki, it took a week and a half before I got the rights. Just be patient and someone will get to your request--God (Pray) 02:26, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

• Three days is still within the 2-3 day reply window that we mention at the top of the page. I'll be going through a number of requests tonight, and yours will be included in that. Thanks for your patience. - Brandon Rhea@fandom(talk) 03:21, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as impatient, I assure you, that is not what I meant. I just want to get more things done there. Sorry. -xHobbes (Talk) 03:30, January 31, 2011 (UTC)

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Wiki Edit

Hi! I am Happychickenvermin. I would like to adopt the wiki site stated above. The creator is gone and the admins are nonexistant. If I become an admin, I will revamp the site and give admin rights to some other people on the Wiki.

Please reply.

P.S. Is it possible to edit the name of the Wiki?

Thanks - *Happychickenvermin!!! 10:59, March 30, 2011 (UTC)

• This is the request page's talk page. Please place your request there. -- Xd1358(Talk) 14:10, March 30, 2011 (UTC)

Quick QuestionEdit

I have a quick question, why am I not allowed to adopt if I've been given admin access in the last 60 days? I really would like to adopt a wiki...--Bullε t (Novandals)(Don't be A Jerk) 06:57, June 10, 2011 (UTC)

1. Can you please template your sig, it is gigantic. 2. Those are the rules. You have to wait 60 days in between adoptions. No exceptions are made.--GodPray  07:09,6/10/2011 
  • Probably to make the adopter concentrate on the first wiki than adopting multiple wikis. -- Xd1358(Talk) 07:25, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
    • I believe it is to stop peple 'collecting wikis'. See Brandon's comment here.

I'm not trying to collect wikis... I was given Admin access on the Chocolate Wiki for frequent editing. I was editing on a smaller wiki before that one, and now I want to adopt it, but I can't?-_- --Bullε t (Novandals)(Don't be A Jerk)

It does not matter what your intentions are. Just wait the sixty days and you can adopt again.--GodPray  23:51,6/10/2011 

Admin Edit

Hi I would like to become Admin Simspedia, as administrators are inactive would like to restore order there (sorry for my mistakes I'm Polish and I speak English poorly.) So please do not hesitate to give me Admin rights I have little 'Edit' but this wiki is in a terrible state so that even the good users of the wiki has not come to it. So I want to try to help this Wiki. Again, please do—This unsigned comment is by User:Bigziom (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Made a mistakeEdit

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section and moved it to the right one...hopefully. Openwithnotepad 01:07, July 29, 2011 (UTC)

Question Edit

If the admin has logged in recently but hasn't edited for a while, does that count as being eligble to become bureacruat or Admin? JRCS talk to me 19:40, August 3, 2011 (UTC)

No, because if you log in to a wiki, you're logging in to all of Wikia, so it doesn't indicate activity on that particular wiki. ~JCM 03:14, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
Ok just checking because an admin has said to a user that he can become an admin but is too busy to do it now but he keeps logging in every 6 weeks but doesn't do an edit or give the user the rights JRCS talk to me 20:07, August 12, 2011 (UTC)

The Hitman wikia Edit

Hello, my friend Amnestyyy has requested an adoption for the Hitman wikia, however, it was declined for now, because one of the admins have edited in August. AMnesty is a very hard-working editor: since she joined, the community grew larger, more pages and categories were added, and even some new templates from another user.

So... What do you say? :D

Winnie YearsEdit

I would like to become an Admin for the Winnie Years Wiki. Nobody has been on for over 60 days, ans I didn't create the Strawberry Wiki, my little cousin did. I've made a couple of pages and I have read every single book, including Ten. I think I am good for the task.

❊Ice Cave❊ 00:13, October 18, 2011 (UTC)

Your request would be better suited to Community Central:Adoption requests. Not its talk page. Just copy and paste what you have typed above. Re-sign it though. Hope this helps :) Starfleet Academy "Live long and prosper." 02:57, October 18, 2011 (UTC)

Would I make a better admin?Edit

Me and the admin Trellar have been having a discussion about the Mr. Men wiki http://mrmen.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Men_Wiki?cb=9546 and she thinks that I should be an admin for that wiki because there is an excessive amount of vandalism which the current admin TyrannoRanger cannot get rid of because he is very rarely online in the day and only I'm around and when I am, this troll who goes by the name of "Mr. Curious" and he's been escaping his previous bans and is still causing trouble. TyrannoRanger is very rarely online but he has blocked a few trolls in his lifetime, but now I very rarely see him and I think he may have a busy offline life, so since I'm usually around wikia throughout the whole day and I am very active on The Mr. Men wiki, I believe I'd make a better admin too. Don't get me wrong, I respect TyrannoRanger and I do like him, but he's very rarely online and hasn't been doing too many things lately. I feel that since he's not active througout my lifetime, I think I should be an admin for that wiki as well because I have to put up with the excessive vandalism mainly coming from Mr. Curious and TyrannoRanger doesn't do anything about it, so please make me an admin. I really really need it. If you don't, then the vandalism will increase and nothing can be done, so please make me an admin. I think that wiki really needs a new admin and that new admin should be me, so please. Thank you. --Brainiac Adam 10:20, November 27, 2011 (UTC)

Wiki AdoptionEdit

No idea where I should truely post this but Would like to adopt CastleMiner Wiki. The Founder/admins last made an edit in August. If you need any additional info just use my talk page --Frederick 22:10, December 1, 2011 (UTC)

Links to Wikis in question Edit

I notice that a large number of the requests do not have links to the Wikis in question. Perhaps you may wish to put something in the "instructions" at the top of the page, or better, a template be assembled with which an adoptee can assemble their request.--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 21:01, December 30, 2011 (UTC)

2012Edit

Restriction inconsistencyEdit

Help:Auto_Adoption#Criteria says "Must not have adopted another wiki within the past 60 days." like it does here. But it doesn't include a statement about not having created a wiki like it does here. I will mention this on the help talk and ask if it should be added. +y@talk 04:08, February 12, 2012 (UTC)

What Community.Wikia says:

1. You have not founded, adopted, or been given admin access on another wiki in the last 60 days
  2. You have not been blocked on another Wikia project

What Help.Wikia says:

1. Must not have adopted another wiki within the past 60 days.
  2. Have 10 edits on the prospective wiki.
  3. Be a registered Wikian user.
  4. Do not be blocked on any wiki.
  5. May not adopt if you are an admin on prospective wiki.

Points C2 and H4 are the same, and points C1 and H1 are similar with H being less restrictive. C does not seem to contain H 2-3 or 5. TBH I'm quite perplexed at H5 because I would think admins of wikis would be perfect candidates to adopt them.

Also one thing I think would be useful is to give Wikians tools to determine these things. I know the computer checks them during auto-adopt, but it would be good if there was a place to check them.

For example, a user could have a tool telling them what Wikia projects they are blocked on (perhaps a user is blocked on a wiki without knowing about it). Or perhaps there could be a page that tells users a list of the dates when they gained SysOp/Bureaucrat status on various projects. This would account for both creation/adoption where you get it by default and by getting promoted to SysOp. That way by looking at the most recent date of such an event, users would be able to tell how long they would need to wait. +y@talk 04:20, February 12, 2012 (UTC)

Blocked users and adoptionsEdit

A discussion has started on my message wall, I and another user are concerned that users who have been blocked on one wiki shouldn’t automatically be prevented from adopting a different wiki. See here. Users on my message wall think users shouldn’t be banned from adopting wikis just because some power hungry administrator bans them over for example criticising Kermit the Frog or SpongeBob. I’m also concerned over political and religious/atheist wikis. Sometimes the only to keep wiki on a controversial subject to the viewpoint the wiki represents is to block users with different viewpoints. At the same time users shouldn’t be prevented from adopting wikis because they’ve written something controversial in a responsible way that opposes the viewpoint of a controversial wiki.

if a user has been blocked somewhere on Wikia please check why the block happened and whether the blocked user behaved responsibly before deciding if that user is fit to adopt a wiki. Proxima Centauri 09:14, February 12, 2012 (UTC)

• I answered this via e-mail, but, so it's public, I'll answer here too. We use discretion when applying the adoption guidelines to each individual request, so if someone has been banend inappropriately then we overlook that and we won't hold it against the request. - Brandon Rhea@fandom(talk) 21:27, February 14, 2012 (UTC)

Chat mod/Admin request Edit

Hello and greetings to whoever reads this. I am leaving a message because i wish to become and admin/chat mod for the Resident Evil Wiki. I would very much feel that my addtion to the team would be very helpful and needed too. There have been a few times where I've seen threats to kickban someone for a different opinion from them. Another instance is a ew days ago when an md opened a fake account telling everyone he was a she that was pregnant with a marines baby, then questioned our intelligence when he retyrned and told us all who she was(really him). Id like to be a admin/cha mod because I'd like to make that community more user friendly then it is now

Yippee9 15:40, February 21, 2012 (UTC)Kace(aka yippee9)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.