FANDOM

From Admin to Bureaucrat Edit

Are you allowed to change your status from administrator to bureaucrat on the Adoption requests? Because I'm the active administrator of the Dinosaur King Wikia, and I would like to make another member an administrator, but I can't since I'm not a bureaucrat. Is there a way to nominate other members as administrators, if I cannot change my status? --DQ13|Dino Queen 02:16, January 12, 2010 (UTC)

Adoption of the Winx Club Wiki Edit

Am I allowed to adopt the Winx Club Wiki? A sysop has been on recently, but there are no bureaucrats on our wiki. Our founder is unknown, and I'd like to adopt it. I have the most edits on our wiki as far as I know, I'm very friendly to the other users, and I have helped out a lot. Dad, I'm a Fairy! User:Roxy13 20:58, January 12, 2010 (UTC)

AdoptionEdit

How do we go about adopting wikias? I would like to adopt http://heavyrain.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Rain_Wiki as the site is currently vulnerable and with release imminent the site would fail.Birdie94jb 22:41, February 3, 2010 (UTC)

You do know that wiki is not "vulnerable" and is very active so I'm not an admin just helping out the people here but you probably (99%) will not be able to adopt that wiki. --WWEfourlife 06:06, July 22, 2011 (UTC)

Link to wiki Edit

I notice that a lot of users don't link to their wikis. Wouldn't it make it easier if there was a reminder for them to do so? The 888th Avatar (talk) 11:04, March 8, 2010 (UTC)

Removing an old administratorEdit

I'm not sure where to post this at. Back in November I was allowed to adopt Total Annihilation Wikia. The previous administrator made just one article ever, and then used it to upload some images totally unrelated to any of the games, using the site for personal storage perhaps(I have just erased all of these). His last edit was on 2008 December 17 [1]. Can I remove him entirely from the list of administrators? No sense to have anyone listed there who hasn't done anything at all, ever, other than one small article on Kbots, and didn't even bother with a main page. See his contributions [2]? Dream Focus 07:25, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

You might want to try Special:Contact. That's the fastest way for staff to remove admin rights when the community decides that it is in their best interest. The 888th Avatar (talk) 07:56, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. Did so yesterday after reading this. No response yet. I'm surprised they don't have a notice board somewhere for this sort of thing. Dream Focus 07:20, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

EditintroEdit

How about we add an edit intro with large text: "New requests at the bottom, provide link." This should prevent people from not doing that. Mark (talk) 00:30, May 24, 2010 (UTC)

The Adoption requests should really be in a forum Edit

Having a big fat page with an ever-growing list seems archaic and awkward. What's wrong with adopt.wikia.com redirecting to Forum:Adoption requests (with the appropriate category setup and stuff)? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7:06 PM PST 2 Jun 2010

This isn't a request, just a question. (not an adoption request) Edit

What are the different users rights a user can be given here? Is it just Admin, Rollback and Burecrat? Are Bot, VSTF, Helpers, Wikia Staff, Oversighters and check users part of the request forum?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 13:36, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

Yes, those 3. And Bot can be granted via request to bot accounts with applicable community consensus. The other rights such as Wikia Staff/Helpers/VSTF are global groups for employees, contractors, and volunteers respectively. Oversight and check user are part of the MediaWiki software and "Exist" because they're part of the staff group and certain contractors have the rights as part of their duties. --CharitwoTalk 13:45, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
If I have a wiki I founded, can I become a bot there, or if I become a bot there, do I become a bot at every wiki, or is it just the one I request?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 14:08, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
If you are bureaucrat on a wiki you can assign bot privileges to any user, only on your wiki. --Pcj (TC) 14:19, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Not true, by default Bureaucrats cannot assign accounts as bots. It would have to be requested via Special:Contact. --CharitwoTalk 14:22, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Oh, guess WoWWiki is the exception :P --Pcj (TC) 14:30, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Wiki defaults can be seen at Wikia Starter. --CharitwoTalk 14:34, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
A bot flag isn't something granted to a user account, because it hides edits from the recent changes. A bot flag is intended for bot accounts that are used by scripts and frameworks (such as AutoWikiBrowser or Pywikipediabot). You would need to have a separate bot account in order to receive a bot flag. And if your bot account is flagged as a bot, it would be on a per wiki basis, so just the one you request. --CharitwoTalk 14:22, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
So if I wanted to become a bot, would it be at the wiki requested from or every wikia? Also what happens if we use the same account for our bot account?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 14:43, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
A wiki-by-wiki basis. NOT every wikia, just the wiki requested. And you don't want your main account to be a bot account, and Wikia won't flag a main account like that. It has to be a separate account. --CharitwoTalk 15:00, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
I was planning on become one at Tremors wiki, but since I just became an admin there, and created three others wikis, I'm kind of unsure. But how can I create a new account at the tremors wiki, and keep my old account for others?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 15:40, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
You can use the same account at any wiki on Wikia, as Wikia uses a shared user database. If different accounts have separate rights at each of 3 other wikis, you can simply assign rights to the one account you want (likely the oldest one with the most contributions) and keep it consistent, and then simply forget about the other accounts. And then if you want to use bots on those wikis, have a 2nd account as a bot account for all 4 of them. So you'll have one account as your user account for all wikis and 2nd account for bot tasks on all wikis. --CharitwoTalk 15:57, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Wait, what? You lost me. How do I create an account that's new at tremors wiki, but keep my ScratteLover2 account at ice age wiki? Or is it, I just log in new at tremors, and it stays the same at others?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:22, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
You don't need a new account, if your main account is ScratteLover2, you don't need ScratteLover3 at all. If you login to ScratteLover2 at one wiki, you will be logged into all wikis as ScratteLover2 automatically. --CharitwoTalk 16:28, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
What I meant was for bot account, if get it, how do it do it. I already new once I log in at one, it logs me in all of them. But with my bot account, how would I keep ScratteLover2 at iceage wiki, and ScratteLover3 at tremors wiki, the one I want to be a bot at?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:31, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
You would use ScratteLover3 in pywikipedia or AWB and ScratteLover2 in your browser. --Pcj (TC) 16:33, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Huh? Were talk about tremors and ice age wiki, not what pywikipedia and awb are.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:39, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
A bot account is just a separate account, typically you use bot software on your bot account, but you can log out and back in on your browser. Both accounts would be Wikia global, but the bot privileges would only apply on the wiki you asked for them on. --Pcj (TC) 16:41, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
I sent an email to wikia central requesting bot rights, but it's been a while, and no one has respond back yet. But just In case, can I become in bot under the account ScratteLover3 at tremors wiki, which I left a link for above, but I put it here to. Tremors wiki.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 17:04, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

HelpEdit

I stupidly gave Brandondorf9999 admin rights of Chipmunk Fanon and he gave rights to GoboFraggle and he blocked me from the wikia. Please unblock me and block those users to stop them from being abusive with their rights, thank you --Manta-bee 23:13, June 21, 2010 (UTC) Also Block Brandondorf888 another user he gave rights to. Could you also give me my admin rights back on the site so I can bring everything back to normal? --Manta-bee 23:28, June 21, 2010 (UTC)

He's setting up other accounts that are obviously him, and giving them admin rights to keep me blocked! HELP someone please!!!

I have an idea. How about I ask one of them to make me an admin there, then I block them, and unblock you? How's that sound?--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) 16:06, June 30, 2010 (UTC)

You may want to try Special:Contact because this page is not checked that often. HaloTalk 19:13, July 2, 2010 (UTC)

Reasoning behind eligibility requirements Edit

I would like to learn the reasoning behind the requirement of not creating, adopting or becoming an admin in a two month period. Is it to prevent cybersquatting? To show that a person isn't flitting from one shiny object to another as a new wiki catches their eye? To give them time to build up their existing wiki(s) before adding another? Something else?

I can see in the "Is there any discussion..." section at the top of the page that part of the answer appears to be an encouragement to make edits. But, I'm wondering how practical it is in a situation where you come across a wiki you're interested in and see that the sysop or admins have not made any edits in half a year or longer. That's a pretty clear indication that they've lost interest in the wiki and have abandoned it. Could the editing history of the prospective admin be taken into account to waive needing to wait until 60 days has elapsed? - RRabbit42 (leave a message) 07:24, July 21, 2010 (UTC)

(The editing history would be not only on the wiki that the person wants to adopt but on other wikis where they participate. - RRabbit42 (leave a message) 14:11, July 21, 2010 (UTC) )

What happened? Edit

I remember having admin rights at Carnosaur wiki. But for some reason my admin and burecrat rights are gone, and I was the founder of the wiki. If it is possible, can somone give me the rights back? I checked the recent changes page the day the disappeared, and there wasn't anything that said my rights were removed.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) Check out my new fanfiction LBT XV 23:46, July 21, 2010 (UTC)

From what I can see on the Local list users page, ScratteLover is still the sysop. You are using the ScratteLover2 account, which you created on December 22nd, according to the logs. In order to be admin and bureaucrat again, you will need to use the original account.
If you're having trouble logging into that account, use the password recovery function. If you still cannot log in, contact a Wikia employee on the Contact page. -- RRabbit42 (leave a message) (not a Wikia staff member) 14:00, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
Problem is I never had an email for ScratteLover, so I can't use the password recovery function.--ScratteLover2 (talkContributions) Check out my new fanfiction LBT XV 14:35, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
Then you will need to go through the adoption process so you can become admin under your new account. - RRabbit42 (leave a message) 15:07, July 24, 2010 (UTC)

ANUBIS: Z.OE. Wiki Edit

I would like to request the adoption of the Hideo Kojima's ANUBIS: Zone of the Enders Wiki. Amidst the many faults of this site;

• The userbase is virtually nonexistent;
  • No editors;
  • Lack of pages denoting site policy, and (most importantly);
  • Almost nobody edits the Z.O.E. Wiki.

That being said, I think you should have a look around the Wikia. The content is acceptable, however the place is still in extremely dire condition. ProtoStealth 02:06, September 17, 2010 (UTC)

What is considered an "active" admin? Edit

Is an active admin one that has logged in in the last 60 days, or one that has edited in the last 60 days? I ask this because I've been looking at the adoption requests and letting users know if it's not up for adoption or they do not meet the requirements, but there's one case where an admin has logged in but not edited in the last 60 days. I hope no staff member minds me having a look and letting users know. The Thirteenth Doctor 00:08, October 16, 2010 (UTC)

• It refers to having edited. If an admin logs in, that's not just logging into that wiki, it's logging into all of Wikia, so it's not indicative of an admin's activity on a specific wiki unless s/he edits. - Brandon Rhea@fandom(talk) 15:55, December 10, 2010 (UTC)

Na polskiej x-men wiki brakuje adminów ,piszę to tu z tego powodu bo mnie tu skierowano. Bardzo chciałabym zostać adminem. Dziękuję za pomoc. Simka Asia 17.46, 13.12.2010

Jeszcze raz uprzejmie proszę o mianowanie adminem Simka Asia 18.41, 18.12.2010 Poland

Backyard Monsters Edit

I would like to be adopted as an Administrator for the Backyard Monsters Wiki. The Administrator for this page is only one and have been inactive since August 20, 2010. I have edited many articles on this wiki and created few pages already. I have replied to people in the talk page sincerely, respectful, and in a good manner. I am willing to improve this wiki. AdminTheSecond 11:57, December 26, 2010 (UTC)

• Hi. Feel free to put your request onto the main adoption page, as the talk page is just a place for discussion about the adoption requests process. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea@fandom(talk) 22:41, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.