FANDOM

m (Protected "Community Central" (‎[edit=loggedin] (indefinite) ‎[move=loggedin] (indefinite)))
m (Removed protection from "Community Central")

Revision as of 08:54, April 27, 2016

• MisterWoodhouse

Hello, all!

A couple of weeks ago, we announced Fandom Editor Rewards, a comprehensive program to express our gratitude for exceptional editors in new ways.

In that post, I teased that there was another way to get your hands on cool stuff from Fandom coming soon. Today, I am happy to announce that we have created a merchandise portal on Design by Humans with a selection of brand new Fandom swag designs.

While you are more than welcome to buy this merchandise, this isn’t about selling you Fandom t-…

Read more >
  • MisterWoodhouse

Hello, all!

Welcome to the August edition of This Month at Fandom, your monthly recap of all the things you may have missed on the platforms. We had some pretty cool things happen this month, so let’s dive in!

On August 20th, we at Fandom published our first video game, an awesome action-adventure roguelike with RPG elements called UnderMine, developed by the incredible two-person team at Thorium Entertainment. The game has been a great success, currently sitting at Very Positive in Steam ratings…

Read more >
  • MisterWoodhouse

Hello, editors!

Back in April, when we announced the formation of the Growth Organization, we teased 5 things, the pillars of our 2019 work:

• Platform improvements, addressing major community wants and needs
    • New wiki-focused features and editor tools
    • In-person and digital events to connect with our awesome community members
    • Better ways to recognize and reward awesome editors
    • Better ways for contributors to communicate with staff

To date, we’ve announced the first steps on 3 of those 5 things: platform …

Read more >
  • FishTank

Wikis are full of information, and organizing that information leads to a better experience for readers exploring your wiki. Categories are a part of our communities that add grouping and association to pages. They’re also a very wiki-centric concept; as such, there is less general research available under that term, and we rely on more of the data Fandom collects to determine the Best Practices. For research purposes in the non-wiki world, the Category is most akin to a web model called “topic…

Read more >

More Staff Blog posts...

• Mira Laime

It’s been a long time since you’ve seen a meaningful update to Discussions, leaving communities feeling rightly frustrated with the state of Discussions and with Fandom for not providing long-awaited features. Honestly, we don’t blame you. You weren’t wrong.

For the last eight months, we’ve been taking a long, hard look at our priorities and the things that we need to focus on in order to create a better community experience. There’s a lot we’re going to be announcing over the coming weeks and m…

Read more >
  • BertH

New on-site notifications

March 27, 2017 by BertH

Tomorrow you'll see an addition to the Fandom navigation bar at the top of the site. We are very excited to share that a new area for notifications will be added, anchored to the "bell" icon. These new on-site notifications are the future of notifications on Fandom. They are part of a central notification service which is the foundation for a unified hub giving you access to all of the activity you care the most about. Our vision is to create a simple and easy-to-use notification system that wi…

Read more >
  • Cristina7

For the last several years, we've worked to broaden the ways that fans can participate on Wikia. At the core of that experience is and continues to be wiki editing - creating and expanding deep fan knowledge resources. We also knew that there was more to the fan experience than editing, which meant there was lots of untapped potential on the site. For example, we saw that fans want to share their thoughts about what they love, leading to the launch of our Fandom editorial hub earlier this year. …

Read more >
  • Kirkburn

Hello Wikia!

We have an exciting new feature to introduce today: the Community Page, which can be found at Special:Community across the top 5000 communities on Wikia!

]] It's just what it sounds like - a place where any readers and editors can find out more information about your community! This feature is accessible and open to anyone on your community (logged-in or logged-out).

As a new visitor to a community, you might wonder:

• who are the people in this community?
    • who is creating the pages?
    • who mana…

Read more >

More New Features posts...

• S3r0-Ph1i

Today we shall be learning how to create a bot using JavaScript (JS) to help with mass edits on a wiki. Specifically in two areas: the mass categorisation of images and adding licensing templates to them to demonstrate first hand how helpful bots are, and to significantly improve a Wiki.

To illustrate mass editing first hand, this blog post shall detail using one to add images into categories as well as add licensing templates to them on the Banana Fish Wiki. Carrying out this task manually with…

Read more >
  • PawPatrolZuma

Hey it's Zuma from a bunch of wikis.

If anyone is available, I'd like help on these wikis:

• Swaggy Wolfdog wiki (About the famous Instagram and Tik Tok star who's owner goes by Swagrman)
    • Lil Xan wiki (About the rapper who has songs like "Betrayed" and "Tree Sap")
    • Lil Pump wiki (About the rapper who has songs like "Be Like Me" and "Boss")
    • 6ix9ine wiki (About the rapper who has songs like "STOOPID" and "FEFE")
    • Trippie Redd wiki (About the rapper who has songs like "Dark Knight Dummo" and "Poles1469")

Tha…

Read more >
  • Nintendon't

Hi everyone.I would like to share my new project, The Awedosauce Wiki. I'm making this so you can parody Vinesauce and even - make up your own memes and streams! It's centered around Awedosauce, who commonly copies Vinesauce. Awedosauce is older because it was made in 2007 while Vinesauce was made in 2010. It's also Tsukiese. It's streamer is an 16 year old girl called Koe Dorui (o has the line accent but im too lazy).

When i created this blog i designed the main page, but i'm planning to create…

Read more >
  • Sebastian Clarke

Lessa Wiki

March 3, 2019 by Sebastian Clarke

Hello everyone!

My name is Sebastian, and I'm an active contributor/admin on the Lessa Wiki.

You've probably seen me around the forums, asking for help on templates and participating in general merrymaking. When I'm not derailing threads, I'm usually editing Lessa Wiki, a site I adopted at the start of the year.

The wiki's aim is to provide detailed information about all aspects of the Lessa Manhwa, from the characters and chapters, to the world and weaponry. The first two seasons have been offici…

Read more >

More Community Highlights posts...

• DaNASCAT

Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.

As we announced on our Monday Technical Update post, FANDOM is shifting to a four-times-a-week release strategy. This change will begin next Monday, October 23rd. Releases will now occur on: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. FAN…

Read more >
  • DaNASCAT

Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.

First, we'd like to announce that code releases on FANDOM will now regularly occur four times a week. This change will begin next Monday, October 23rd. This is a direct result of our experiment back in August. Internally, the experiment…

Read more >
  • DaNASCAT

• We will fix an issue where Theme Designer incorrectly changes certain symbols in wiki names (e.g. apostrophes and ampersands).

Recent mobile app updates are listed on Apps Technical Updates, and detailed site CSS-related updates can be f…

Read more >
  • Kirkburn

To offer a complete mobile fan experience for FANDOM, we released the FANDOM app. It is available for iOS and Android and allows you to follow the latest news on your favorite entertainment fandoms. Wiki content and Discussions remain a…

Read more >

More Release Notes posts...

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.