Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
Line 3: Line 3:

==Support==

==Support==
  +
#I think that the user are good, and he need of these tools. Good luck!

==Oppose==

==Oppose==

Revision as of 16:35, 9 April 2010

Hi, I'm The 888th Avatar, an admin and bureaucrat from Avatar Wiki. I would like to volunteer again for adminship on Central because I believe that there is a current shortage of active admins; Charitwo is the only one acting frequently as of today. I am a very regular contributor here, to the forums, to the the hubs, and to maintenance tasks such as marking irrelevant pages, obsolete pages and spam for deletion. With admin rights, I believe that I can be of more use to Central, particularly in areas that frequently get backlogged, such as the AWB checkpage, areas that need regular pruning (e.g. when redlinks pop up as result of deletions), such as protected templates, and areas that need regular attention, such as local deletion requests. I hope that you will consider me. Thanks, The 888th Avatar (talk) 12:49, April 8, 2010 (UTC)

Support

1. I think that the user are good, and he need of these tools. Good luck!

Oppose

• Oppose - I will start off by saying that I have every respect for you as a person, and I think that you are very trustworthy and might be good for these tools at a later point in time. There a few concerns of mine at the moment, which are very major. First of all, while it is great that you participate in the forums, and keep the hub pages up-to-date, that isn't something that requires administrator tools. Of the pages that you can contribute to as an administrator, the AWB checkpage is really the only one. It isn't very backlogged, and Charitwo is capable of handling those. Finally, with only 11 pages on central now, marking pages as irrelevant isn't really needed. Sorry, but I just don't see the need for another admin. Ajraddatz Talk 14:52, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
    • Forums/hubs - not why I'm here, just a introduction of what I spend some of my time on. ;) Central only has 11 articles - most of which aren't articles anyway - but that doesn't mean that the {{i}} tag is never used. Someone's always going to be uploading random images, templates etc., and I have contributed a very large proportion of the marking of these for eventual deletion. Someone's always going to spam, and while there is the VSTF, I'm often there first, and I wait a while for these to be deleted. Further, there are dozens of protected templates, MediaWiki messages etc. that will always need to be updated, and I have often prodded on talk pages for changes to those. Wouldn't it be simpler to make those changes myself as I notice them, rather than prod people, which given that there's only one admin, takes a while? (For example, on two of those diffs, no-one ever replied/did anything.) The AWB checkpage is not backlogged to the roof; doesn't mean it isn't backlogged. Just a few days ago, one user who posted to that page noted on IRC that Wikia requests for AWB took too long. The user's request eventually took three days. The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:51, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
  • Oppose, but with no malice - Your points are valid, but most are moot issues, and many of them will be going away once some new projects happen over the next few months. Admin on this wiki isnt just another wiki. There are much important things stored here, or are enabled on this wiki that central admins can access that has to be considered in RfA's. Just keep doing what you do, being a great help to the community, and maybe someday in the future it will happen. --Uberfuzzy 02:45, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
  • Per Uberfuzzy. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 15:24, April 9, 2010 (UTC)

Comments