This pledge was created for those using the advisor script on the Developer's Wiki and anyone else who wants to help new users. Anyone can sign here as a way to say that they want to help new users and will keep to the principles below.
Advising new users is a powerful responsibility. You are guiding the future of the Fandom, and may be developing the next generation of wiki leaders!
To help you in this awesome task, we have created some guiding principles:
- Be sure to know the wiki's rules and abide by them as you guide your apprentices.
- Take care to not get in the way of other users and listen to their comments and opinions.
- Be kind, gentle, and patient. Remember, you are advising not telling your apprentice what to do.
- Encourage communication at every step. Not only with you, but with other community members.
- If your apprentice becomes frustrated or angry, respond with calmness and politeness. If they continue to be unreasonable, explain that you won't continue to advise them if necessary.
- If you don't know what they need, ask them to explain more, don't guess.
- If you don't know how to help, ask someone who does, or help your apprentice use the forum.
- Allow your apprentice to grow at their own pace, but encourage them to try new things.
- Have fun! It can be very satisfying to help someone take their first wiki steps, you could be setting up someone with a passion that will last them years!
If you want to advise new users, and agree with these principles you are welcome to sign below as a pledge to work with your new users to help them grow into both competent editors, and valuable community members.
---HeroicCraftWhale46 December 19, 2019
---Fearless Diva 23:25, December 2, 2019 (UTC)
- TotallyWitchy December 2, 2019
— Love Robin 01:22, December 3, 2019 (UTC)
- Gaiasweetgirl (Gardenscapes Wiki) December 2, 2019
- 10:57, 3 December 2019
-Tazenda 07:38, December 3, 2019 (UTC)
--Killer Kev 14:42, December 3, 2019 (UTC)j
I am a FANDOM user who is liked across the network (talk) 18:36, December 20, 2019 (UTC)
~Brendan Boman, Bersama Mencipta Kegemilangan! - 16:15, January 17, 2020 (UTC)
--11:38, February 5, 2020 (UTC)