This page is where you can request administrator and/or bureaucrat rights on communities without an active admin and/or bureaucrat team. Communities can only be adopted by an active community member, though, so before you post your request please be sure you meet the Adoption guidelines listed below.
Existing admins may be removed only if they have been inactive for more than one year.
- Fandom-branded wikis (e.g. Community Central, SOAP Wiki, etc...) are never eligible for adoption.
- Community Builder wikis have been retired and cannot be adopted.
- Although you may apply to adopt a wiki bearing the Official Wiki logo, adoption of these wikis is done at Fandom’s sole discretion and may not follow the rules set forth here.
Please allow up to one week (7 business days) for a response to your adoption request. Requests are generally — but not always — reviewed in the order they were received.
We look forward to having you adopt one of our communities!
Is the wiki inactive?
Is the wiki’s topic duplicative?
Are you eligible to adopt?
Are you contributing to the wiki's content?
Are you building the community?
Does the wiki's topic have a natural audience?
|International adoption request links |
(if you don't see your language here, please post in EN queues)
|Español||Para las solicitudes de adopción en español, visite esta página.|
|Deutsch||Adoptionsanfragen für Wikis in deutscher Sprache siehe hier.|
|Français||Pour les demandes d'adoptions en français, consultez cette page.|
|Русский||Запросы по русскоязычным викиям подавать здесь.|
|Italiano||Per le richieste di adozione in italiano, visitare questa pagina.|
|Polski||Aby zobaczyć polskie centrum adopcji wiki, zajrzyj tutaj.|
|Nederlands||Voor adoptie-aanvragen in het Nederlands, raadpleeg deze pagina.|
|Português||Para pedidos de adoção em português, visite esta página.|
Maximum Ride Wiki (declined)
Hi -- I would like to adopt the Maximum Ride Wiki. I am starting to edit there, and it needs a whole lot of clean up. I am redoing their homepage, but I need adminship for other stuff, such as adding a logo and changing the themes. I am going to edit there often, and I would like to become an admin. Thanks for your time! -- ||
- Hi Evanf! I apologize for the delay in our response. Are you still interested in adopting this wiki? It appears you haven't edited it in days. Please reply back and let us know. Thanks! ----Trellar (help forum | blog) 21:34, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I am closing this request as it has been two weeks and you have made no further edits to the wiki. Please feel free to ask again when you have more time to work on it. -- Wendy (talk) 00:46, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Pinky and the Brain Wiki (approved)
Hello. I am Swalka1991 and I would like to request administrative priveledges on the Pinky and the Brain wiki. The single administrator it had has made zero edits and hasn't even logged in since May, 2011. I've been trying to update the information and add new pages, but there's only so much I can do without being an administrator. I would love to be able to rescue this neglected wiki and better it for other users and fans.
- Hi. Your contributions look good but they were all made on 1 day. We would need to see sustained editing over several days at least to meet the adoption criteria. Please start editing the wiki again and we will check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 17:49, November 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I've given you the rights. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 00:49, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Kampfer HQ Wiki (approved)
This is Grey Lurker and I'm requesting to adopt Kampfer HQ Wiki. The admin seems to have abandoned the wiki sometime ago and there's a request to adopt it.
EDIT: The last time the sysop logged in was December 20, 2009
-Grey Lurker 04:14, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. Are you still interested in the wiki? You have edited in about a week. I also see that there has been at least one other contributor in the last month. If you still wish to adopt the wiki, please start editing there again and also make a blog post or other public notice about the adoption for any other editors to see and comment on. We'll check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 18:08, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, that adoption notice asking for an admin has been there for months and I seem to be the only editor interested in the job. Anyway, I'll get to posting an announcement. --Grey Lurker 17:22, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
Hetalia Fan Characters Wiki Admin Request (approved)
Hello! I'm LittleIreland and I'm looking to take up adminship of the Hetalia Fan Character Wiki. The admins haven't been active on this site since as long as I can remember, though the site is still active with new members and editors. Unfortunately we're heavily prone to vandalism (currently all our pages are being recurrently deleted by a particurally nasty member), and I want to be able to do more to prevent this and keep the wiki a safe place.
LittleIreland 00:16, November 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. It looks like there are a lot of active users on that wiki. Please start a community discussion about new admins. There can be more than one if that would be better. Give us a link to the discussion and we'll check back in a week or so. In the meanwhile, you can ask the Volunteer Spam Task Force for help cleaning up vandalism and blocking the vandals. -- Wendy (talk) 22:45, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for responding! :D Yes, I set up a community discussion here and contacted the most recent active members about it. Hopefully we'll get this worked out smoothly~ LittleIreland 03:30, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I'd like to add Tealinia_93 as another admin too - she's been managing the wiki even before I came along, and is also the one who set up the rules on its home page. LittleIreland 18:05, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
Yggdra Union Wiki (approved)
Greetings! I'd like to adopt Yggdra Union Wiki as its beaurocrat and administrator for it seems that its founder and its subsequent heads have already abandoned it. I alone have been contributing on this wiki for a while now. I've already contacted an active user in that wiki and he's cool with it. Hoping for your kind consideration regarding this matter.-- Escutcheon 19:02, October 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. It looks like there are a couple of other active users and that you have started a forum about adoption today. Please give them a chance to see the post and to respond (you may want to message anyone you see online on their talk page to make sure they see it...). In the meanwhile keep editing and we'll check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 23:13, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah yes, the other active users. I have already contacted them and only one has ever responded to my efforts to make contact. As you can see, there are only 4 active users in that wiki (myself included). Anyway, here's a link to the forum I made regarding the matter for your convenience upon checking again later. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and reviewing my request. --Escutcheon 02:24, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for approving my request! --Escutcheon 17:43, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Ōkami wiki (approved)
Hello, i would like to adopt this wiki because:
- Both bureaucrats have been away sense July. Here and Here were the last edits. Possibly abandoning the wiki.
- This wiki needs help putting itself on its feet, having many blank pages and missing templates, it needs help.
- I am an administrator on the Mlp wikia and have helped the community.
I hope i can get the wiki. I would be delighted
Link to wiki:http://okami.wikia.com/
thanks!! --Mylittlewut 03:02, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. The Okami Wiki has an admin (User:Soul reaper) active in the last 60 days and is thus not eligible for adoption. You would need to talk to him/her and the rest of the community on the wiki about promotion. If the wiki decides to promote you (or another user) and the existing bureaucrats do not respond to messages then we will be happy to help out with the rights; please put in a new request at that time. -- Wendy (talk) 01:50, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm currently the only active admin, as mentioned above, I would like to request bureaucrat rights so that I may promote other users myself.--Soul reaper 01:37, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
Tom & Jerry Wiki (on hold)
Hello Wikia people. I am Spooks, a short-time editor on Wikia, who has recently found the Tom & Jerry wiki, while looking for pictures. While I was there, I noticed a complete lack of administrators, as the two of them had been inactive since the middle of 2008 and 2009. I was wondering if I would be able to become a beaurcrat there so I could fix the wiki up, create a logo, skin and ban spammers. Please respond! -SpOoKs MaStEr EiGhTy-EiGhT 00:13, November 2, 2011 (UTC) (November 1, 2011)
- Oh yeah, a link to the Tom and Jerry Wiki can be found here.
- Hi. Thanks for the link to the wiki. I see that you have only just started editing the wiki yesterday. In order to adopt we would need to see sustained editing, and also you would need to create at least 1 new page. There also seem to be several other contributors on that wiki who were active in the last month. So please continue editing, and make a public post about adopting the wiki. Give us a link to the post and we will check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 02:13, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
Payday Wiki (resolved on wiki)
Hey, I'm Romcombo and I would like to adopt the Payday wiki. While there has been editing by other members, there are many aspects of the wiki, such as the community messages, that are still the default. I have posted on the menber of the content team (Wagnike2) that created the wiki's talk page, yet have recieved no response. I can not adopt until 11/10/11 (due to being promoted on another wiki) and have started a blog about it. Thanks in advance for reviewing this request. Romcombo(Talk) 04:04, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I see you already got admin rights there. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 03:03, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Need For Madness Wiki (on hold)
The wiki I usually edit is extremely unactive, with only 1 admin, which I believe is the founder. He has not contributed since 2009, and the few users that actively edit are me and 3 other users, 1 which have not signed in. As the Wiki cannot be protected, it is usually subjected to vandalism and trolling. In an attempt to stop this, I am requesting to become an Admin, in order to add new styles to the wiki, making it more attractive, and protecting the wiki from vandalisers. Bookbay 14:02, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- As per the instructions, you should provide a link to the wiki. You can easily do this using the syntax
[[w:c:wikiname]], wherein wikiname equals the name before .wikia.com in the url address. 1358 (Talk) 20:55, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the advice. The link is: http://needformadness.wikia.com/wiki/Need_For_Madness_Wiki Bookbay Talk 03:00, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. Thanks for the link. Your contributions to the wiki look great. Could you please talk to the other three users you mention (and any other active editors) about your request and give them a chance to discuss it? Give us a link to any discussions and we'll check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 03:13, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
JAG wikia (declined)
I would like to submit a request to adopt the JAG wikia. Even though I have not taken an active role on the JAG Wikia thus far I have amassed 4,010 edits on its two sister wikias the NCIS Database (3,207 edits) and NCIS: Los Angeles Database (408 edits) My motive behind the request is to develop the wikia to a level commensurate with its sister wikias.
I have not applied for an adoption request in the past, not have I created a new wiki in the last 3 years. NJZimmermann 16:18, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I actually am just a bit confused. Although you have never edited on the JAG wiki, you already have admin rights there... and have for about a year and a half. In order to adopt the wiki (receive bureaucrat rights) you would need to be active there, so I am declining the request, but I believe you have most of the tools you need to get started with the admin rights. If you want to be a bureaucrat please ask again when you are active on the wiki. -- Wendy (talk) 03:22, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Journey Band Wiki (on hold)
Hi, I would like to adopt this wiki based on the American rock band Journey. This wiki has been abandoned for a long time, and only its founder has ever done anything on it, excluding myself of course.I know a few people who could help and I would love to save this wiki, help improve it, and bring together people who are Journey fans. Inutsu 17:11, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. Your contributions look great but you haven't edited the wiki in about a week. Are you still interested in adopting it? If so please start editing again. -- Wendy (talk) 03:26, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Due to unforseen circumstances I wont have the time to work on the Wiki like I had originally hoped.Inutsu 06:48, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Wyrmrest Accord Wiki (on hold)
Hello. I understand the last active mod has decided to discontinue being a mod. I would like to request to adopt the Wyrmrest Accord Wiki.
Here is a link to the wiki main page: http://wyrmrest.wikia.com/wiki/Wyrmrest_Accord_Wiki?cb=8837
Here is a link to her "goodbye" comment: http://wyrmrest.wikia.com/wiki/User:Illantha
I do have a page on this wiki I have updated recently: http://wyrmrest.wikia.com/wiki/Araquiel_Sahenda
I'm definitely willing to put time and effort into getting this wiki active and alive. I've got a great deal of professional experience in content management (I'm a web software QA specialist and developer in my professional life). I'm active on various forums and communities related to the server RP community. I recently finally set up my page and am interested in attracting more community members to this Wiki. Thus, I'd hate to see it die! What I've done is simple so far, I realize. If you'd like to see anything else I've done let me know.
- Hi. While the page you created is very nice, you appear to have only edited once in the last year. In order to adopt a wiki you need to be an active editor on the wiki. There appears to be a fairly large community of users there, so we would also request that you start a community discussion about new leadership for the wiki through a blog post or forum that you invite the other users to comment on. Give us a link to the discussion, start editing the wiki again, and we will check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 03:33, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Lilo and stitch (declined)
This wiki was severly destroyed once the admins abandoned it this year and the year before. It is filled with false information that i can not get rid of, and has no more editors. I can do some real good to this wiki Link
- Hi. You just adopted the Mount and Blade Wiki about a month ago, so you won't be eligible to adopt through this page again until it has been 60 days, or after December 12th. Please feel free to ask again at that time. I have cleaned out your candidates for deletion category in the meanwhile. -- Wendy (talk) 03:46, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Arthur Answers (declined)
Hello. I am Annawantimes, one of the three Administrators of the Arthur Wiki, which was spawned by the beloved television and book series. I have been given adoptive Administrator rights on the wiki (for which I am very thankful) right around 60 days ago. I found this the right time to request for Administrator and Bureaucrat rights on the Answers wiki dedicated to the series. I have attempted to contact the founder, however, this user has not contributed since the first of May, 2010. Be that as it may, I would like to be given Administrator rigths on the wiki. There are no other users on the Answers site to speak of. I have done all I can to contribute, by answering the 1 unanswered question. I hereby apply for Administrator rights on the wiki. Thank you, Annawantimes (Talk) 00:18, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I apologize, the link I've provided appears to be dysfunctional, here's the correct link. Annawantimes (Talk) 01:29, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. It looks like you started the Real Steal Wiki about a week ago, so you would not be eligible to adopt through this page until early January (60 days from founding that wiki). Please feel free to start editing the wiki, and to ask again at that time. -- Wendy (talk) 03:51, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Hunter Blade wiki (resolved on wiki)
I would like to adopt the Hunter Blade Wiki, as the founder has not been active on it since late August. There was very little info on the site, and I have been working hard at adding as much content as possible. I only just recently realized that there really wasn't anyone else active there. Fuzzy cheez2 15:24, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. It looks like you got the rights locally shortly after you made this request. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 03:52, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Halo Machinima Wiki (declined)
Allo Wikia, Jman98 here, and I've realized that the Halo Machinima Wiki has not had any admins active for over 60 days. Actually, none of the admins have been on in years...
So, I feel it could be my responsibility to adopt the wiki and bring it up to standards. Please allow me to adopt it, as I feel this Wiki is going to die out without it becoming adopted and brought back up to the activity it once had.—Jamn liciousness
- Hi. It looks like you've started about 3 wikis in the last month. You will not be eligible to adopt through this page until it has been 60 days since you founded or received rights on another wiki. Please feel free to ask again in late December. -- Wendy (talk) 04:00, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Help (on hold)
I have made 3 wikis and I am an anti vandal. Please let me help!?
JosephAsherFord 15:07, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. If you wish to adopt a wiki and "help" bring it back to life, then you must tell us which wiki interests you. -- Wendy (talk) 04:00, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Warriors Cats Wiki (declined)
I have made consistent contributions to this wiki, and I haven't seen the others around in a while. I can I have ownership rights, or at least admin and bureaucrat rights?
Here are my plans with that Wiki:
Get a page for every character in the First, Second, and Third Series of books. So far, we have around 20 character pages.
Rebuild some old bonds. Some of the current, inactive admins were very rude to one of the main users of the Main Warriors Wiki. I to give that user a second chance, apologize for those actions, and offer a partnership of some sort to that Wiki. I also wish to unban a user, WildStorm23, who was banned for stating her opinion.
I would also like you to take away all of the other Bureaucrat rights of other users, since I would like to see them prove their worth to the wiki instead of just giving rights to all their friends like it seems has happened.
Thank you in advance :) Hallybunny23 21:19, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry but you are not eligible to adopt through this page as you are currently blocked on some wikis. If those bans expire or are removed, please feel free to ask again. -- Wendy (talk) 04:08, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
- But that ban on the Warriors Fanfiction Wiki, I've already worked out with Forestpaw13, it was a misunderstanding, but I've agreed to stay banned, and just find another wiki! Hallybunny23 16:38, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Can you also tell exactly what wikis I'm banned on? Hallybunny23 17:10, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Thomas and Friends TrackMaster Wiki (declined)
- Hi. The Thomas and Friends TrackMaster Wiki currently has 3 active admins and is not eligible for adoption. -- Wendy (talk) 04:11, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Virtual Sailor Wiki (declined)
Hi! I am Erlopez and I would like to adopt the Virtual Sailor Wiki. from what I can tell of the wiki, the admins have simply abandoned the wiki and only the odd few unregistered users make minor edits to the wiki. I have Possibly made more edits to the Virtual Sailor Wiki than any of the admins put together. To summarise please let me adopt the Virtual Sailor Wiki. Thanks.
- Hi. It looks like you created the spanish ferry wiki at the end of September, so you will not be eligible to adopt through this page until about November 28th. Please make sure you are actively editing the wiki so you will be eligible to adopt and make a new request at that time. -- Wendy (talk) 04:21, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Sudbury Wiki adoption request.
Hello. I have noticed the Sudbury wiki is inactive. I have a few ideas on what to add, and what not. But, I want to be ensured that it's secure, as the only Admin on the wiki isn't active. I'm requesting to adopt the Sudbury Wiki. If I get Adminship of the Sudbury wiki, I'll be sure to add a lot more content. Thanks, in advance. Hacker1 (Alias) 19:28, November 6, 2011 (UTC).
(My username is: JediMaster362.). Hacker1 (Alias) 02:11, November 9, 2011 (UTC).
Adoption request for Naruto CCG wiki
I would like to adopt this wiki because the other admins have given up on it and left many thing unfinished and incomplete and I have begun to fix it up. TheKeronForces 09:21, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
Double Collaboration Request for Adminship/Bureaucrat Status
Hi, i am sending a request in again and this time for something larger (as my adoption request for the Syndicate Wiki was declined but anywho) as the Wiki seem to be a mess, People creating fictional stuff while it's meant to be a wiki for "REAL" Bond Films and media, the Wiki dosen't have any admins to speak of as i couldn't find one the highest person i saw was a VSTF but other than that i don't know who to talk to other than Wikia Staff. I want to make the Bond Wiki glorious just like the films.
If this helps or anything but i am a "experienced" editor being an active rollback in the Battlefield Wiki.
Thanks in Advance.
Zephalian 10:01, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
P.S I hope i get this - though their may be admins but i can't see them yet. for a few months probably.
I would also happily become a bureaucrat on the wiki along with Zephalin as I have made more edits than him and I have been on for longer. I also have experience and have great James Bond knowledge. Thanks
007 Status 17:06, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
Operation Head Pidgeons Wiki
I would like to adopt Operation Head Pidgeons Wiki. I have searched all of the revisions and members of the site, and could not find one administrator that had edited on the wikia. There has also been a spike of vandalism that cannot be deleted (mainly the +New Pages) due to the lack of any present, active admin. The vandalisers in question also uploaded disturbing, inappropriate photos that should not belong on this wiki (sexually explicit images) that also cannot be removed, except from the pages they are added to. It would be helpful if someone would be able to IP block the vandaliser(s), which is where the admin would come in.
Even if I am not accepted as an admin, it would be very generous of you to personally remove those horrifying indignities yourselves? They're gross, and ruin the wiki in general.
Thank you for your time,
PrimusGod 22:36, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
I have been been asked by the founder of Uncyclopedia to become an admin on it. Please can you do this?
JosephAsherFord 16:10, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
- really?... sorry to butt in, but it does not look like you have edited there, unless you have another account there. -- 16:32, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
Finnish Ratchet & Clank Wiki
- At a quick glance, Ville96 has been done a good job there, so +1 from me. –Tm_T (Talk) 21:02, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
I would like to adopt the Deadlands Wiki here. Before I started, there was one article on there, now there are over 20. I have made numerous edits to it over the last few weeks and have coordinated efforts with other users both on the wiki itself and at this topic on a forum dedicated to Deadlands. If there is anything further that I need to do for this request, please let me know. -Thunderforge 15:39, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
Happy Feet Wiki
Hi, my name is Kelly, a.k.a RubberTree. I have found the Happy Feet wiki and to my dismay seen that not only has the current admin (IceSeason101) not made any edits since September, but has yet to edit the several errors and wrong information in the pages. I took the liberty of fixing them, but of course, wiki contributors who have not made accounts have that freedom of ruining my edits, and the whole page in general. I am a very dedicated user and I check the pages everyday. Currently on the wiki, there are pages for random presidents and pages with titles such as "ouauaoaua" or something of the sort--not relating to Happy Feet at all. Being as I can't delete such pages, the wiki is slowly going to mayhem due to IceSeason101 not making edits. I'll admit, I just recently left a note on their talk page but again, being as their last edit was September I don't expect to hear back any time soon. With all this in mind, I would like to adopt the wiki. I feel like I can maintain it very well (you can check the edits I've made to all of the pages) and have a sharp eye for mistakes and accuracies. I can come on the wiki every day and quickly respond to any concerns or questions from other users. I can also maintain a blog with information about the upcoming sequel to Happy Feet (it comes out on my birthday--November 18th and there's a rather high chance). I feel I am suitable to run this wiki.
Please consider me as the new admin of the Happy Feet wiki, I would greatly appreciate it.
RubberTreePlant 04:52, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Universal Monsters Wiki
Hello, I would like bureaucrat & admin rights on this wiki http://universalmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Universal_Monsters_Wiki The founder edited for about a month in 2008 & has not been there since. The only other user with more than 5 edits did some work for a few months during the summer but has not edited since july. I was going to create my own Universal Pictures wiki, However this wiki has a good base but really needs a lot of work. On my profile page on the Universal Monsters wiki you can see a list of the wikis I contribute to & the work i have done with them. The Universal Monsters wiki needs some design help & I feel I can offer help in that areaRobert Alvarez 08:29, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Generator Rex Fanfiction!
German Doctor Who Wiki
Is it at all possible for me to adopt the German Doctor Who Wiki? It's in an awful state and I've been starting to make it just a tad better. I work for other Wikis too and can speak and read near fluent German (plus, I'm a big Doctor Who fan who knows lots about Doctor Who). I'm sure that when you visit the front page that you'll agree that it's an ugly front page and I dislike highly the template being used.
If you could help me with this request then it would be highly appreciated,
Tribes: Ascend Wiki
Hello, it appears that the creator of this wiki has deleted his account. I would like to access the Theme Designer (among other things), which only wiki admins have access to. Feel free to check my contributions so far. Thanks! Pluberus 17:10, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
IMO:The World of Magic Wiki
I wish to adopt the wikia  because the admins have been inactive for over 60 days, I have not founded, adopted, or been given admin access on another wiki in the last 60 days, I have not been blocked on another Wikia project, I have 367 edits on the wikia and created over 40 new pages and I have kept the wiki looking well-tended and up to date -- updated news sections and pictures related to the topic.
I also wish for a fellow editor User:IcedWings to become an admin as well for her sustained effort on improving this wiki.
The wiki's templates are currently disorganised and there has been vandalism and pages that need deleting. In conclusion there needs to be someone who can manage the wiki.
Monster Blood Tattoo
I submitting a request to adopt the Monster Blood Tattoo Wiki based on having met the requested criteria as follows:
- the founder and sole admin has not logged in since September 10 and has not edited since the wiki was founded in September 2009
- no other users have edited since August
- this is my first adoption request
- since I began editing the wiki on November 1, I have accumulated the most edits of any other editor (except for a bot) and the following improvements have occurred:
- greatly expanded the category system
- tripled the amount of content pages from 25 to 76 (although the additions are pretty much all stub class and will not expand beyond stubs, which was intentional)
- improved the appearance of the main page
- set up several infobox templates for use
- uploaded relevant images where available
I have some ideas to improve the wiki (such as modifying the mediawiki navigation, as the current version is actually not that useful), but would need admin rights to implement these. I do have experience as the founder of the Battle Angel Alita Wiki, which I have expanded exponentially since the beginning of this year and is currently at ~600 content pages. BrokenSphere (Talk) 15:56, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
Jimmy Neutron Wiki
I'd like to adopt Jimmy Neutron Wiki as I seriously need to cleanup stuff there, have been active for a while, etc. The link is here. Thanks. I am trustworthy. Really. Conker's Bad Fur Day 16:17, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
I would like to adopt the Cosmo APE wiki because I am the writer for the game project it is named after. Truth be told, I created the wiki with an account that I am no longer going with, and have put in a request for it to be disabled. However, I would like to continue this wiki under this account, so that is why I am requesting this adoption. I can provide all information for the other account that this is under, in order to prove that I am who I say I am. I will continue to edit the wiki with this account as that is part of my job as writer on this game project. I thought the wiki would be a good way to keep the team up-to-date on names, plot, and getting the word out about the project. I appreciate your time and effort in regards to this request, and look forward to your relpy. Thank you.
Snow White and The Huntsman Wiki
Hello. I would like to become an Admin on Snow White and the Huntsman Wiki. There are no active admins and I make edits every day. I make this request back on October 4. I was told no because it was not long enough sense the last edit made by the founder made his last edit. I have asked him but he has not given me an answer. I was told to ask you guys again in November. So here is Admin Discussion blog I made. Thank you for your time. Team-Jacob Girl33px"I'm betting on Alice" 23:51, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
My name is Wilco and I am an admin on Halo Nation together with Ultra Force. We on Halo Nation have a problem which has been going on ever since the gross of the people moved to halopedia (external site).
This includes the complete staff at the time, which left the site in ruins. There were still a couple of users left (Ultra Force included) who tried to stop the vandalism from “halopedians”. At this time only Ultra Force and myself are active administrators on the site, with no active bureaucrats. This is an attempt to convince you that we, for one, deserve to be promoted to bureaucrats, second, have the “current” bureaucrats stripped from their powers and third, that Ultra Force and myself only want what is the best for Halo Nation. We can deal with it as of now, but we need more admins, something the current bureaucrats don’t want.
When you have read that you will agree with me that the people who left wanted to see Halo Nation fall in ruins by low-quality fan-mades.
This proofs that the general idea is that halopedia is the “main” Halo-encyclopedia.
Only the last post by Jabberwock xeno is relevant.
To prove the inactive bureaucrats, see
Exhibit E (Forerunner)
Exhibit F (SPARTAN-118)
Exhibit G (Grizzlei, formerly known as CommanderTony)
I hope I have convinced you to the fact that Halo Nation deserves a solid bureaucrat/adminteam. As I said, myself and Ultra Force have proven to care about the site, as opposed to the current bureaucrats. There is more proof where that came from, so you can always contact me.
- As a user who is involved with both Halo Nation and Halopedia, I would like to add some of my own input. For the request in general, I'm personally fine with Ultra Force gaining bureaucrat rights, however, I oppose Wilc0's bureaucratship. Allow me to add in some facts which Wilc0 has omitted from this request:
"There were still a couple of users left (Ultra Force included) who tried to stop the vandalism from “halopedians”"
-Why do you assume that every vandalism edit is from someone from Halopedia? Users from both sites have asked you repeatedly to stop this bias against Halopedia. Furthermore, if someone from Halopedia vandalizes, you're asked to inform the administration and they'll take appropriate action.
"When you have read that you will agree with me that the people who left wanted to see Halo Nation fall in ruins by low-quality fan-mades."
-No evidence in that forum to support your claim. It was merely a plan to restructure Halo Nation to help it keep its activity due to Halopedia's move, except that it failed because it did not fit some of wikia's "criteria".
This proofs [sic] that the general idea is that halopedia is the “main” Halo-encyclopedia.
-Halo Nation was still named "Halopedia" back then, the use of the word "official" denotes Halopedia on halopedian.com. Do your research before making baseless claims. Additionally, if they wish to claim themselves as the main encyclopedia, that's their right. If I'm not mistaken, most fansites have their recognition directed towards Halopedia anyways
"A post by a staff member on our site. Another example of the behavior of halopedians when they left the site, they deleted entire pages in an attempt to ruin this site."
-Those pages deleted were short, stubbed pages which were planned to be merged into a list, the admins weren't "destroying" the site. Sannse, for her own reasons (which I may along with many not understand, but I won't question, as it's irrelevant anyway), opposed this and restored them. She is also the one who appointed (or rather agreed to allow) the "current" administration on the site which you claim is "destroying" it.
"To prove the inactive bureaucrats, see..."
-All of them have been active within a timeframe of three months, which makes them ineligible for demotion. Besides, inactivity should rarely be a reason for demotion, real life (usually) comes before the internet, right?
In addition to the above misleading quotes, Wilc0 has also been witnessed to abuse his admin powers. Probably the largest case example is his banning of multiple editors for so-called "multiple unnecessary edits", because of his enforcement of an apparent "edit a page only once" policy. Where exactly does logic fit into that? If you want to teach users how to use the preview button, banning them is not the way to go. The way Wilc0 criticizes and puts blame on Halopedia for Halo Nation's so-called lack of quality is also hypocritical. A few weeks ago, he copied a large number of articles from Halopedia to Halo Nation without giving attribution as required by the Creative Commons BY-SA license which is shared by both wikis. When the administration from Halopedia requested he add attribution, he initially refused. Then he made a category labelled "Rival source" (which has now been deleted by another member of the admins), clearly as an aim to only promote hostility between the two sites. I can prove this intention with his comments on the category's talk page.
So yes, to sum this up, while he may have taken on most of the admin duties required by the wiki, he has also caused (imo), the most damage. There is a lot in his intentions which are questionable whether or not he's doing more harm than good towards the wiki. For me, the way he comes onto here to request bureaucratship from staff directly rather than making a community vote to allow his community decide whether or not he deserves it is definitely a questionable action. To back this up, he also requests the removal of several "inactive" admins/bureaurats who have been active within the last 3 months, again rather than taking it up with the local community. Given his anti-halopedia bias, I dare to say that the intention of this request is an attempt to "overthrow" some of his fellow admins simply because (as I've noticed) they either hold adminship or are otherwise active on Halopedia also. Is there any harm with being active on two wikis provided that you're doing no damage to either of them? I'm sorry, but I don't condone bias on a scale like this (or on any scale for that matter), and I don't condone his encouragement of hostility between the two sites either.
-Dorminator 19:00, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with Dorminator's suggestion that Wilc0 is only taking this action because of recent developments following the copy pasta of various articles from Halopedian as well as his blatant disregard towards a mutual-respect against the site. His behavior as of late has done nothing but create hostility between the two wikis that had previously not existed before his recent activity. As an veteran Administrator and Bureaucrat of both wikis, I have often been requested by Halo Nation's staff to help with various matters, most of which include staff affairs; I can say with confidence that Wilc0 gaining bureaucratic status is purely a move to create more of a rift that was not there a month ago. In addition, it is highly thought that Wilc0 has been harassing members of Halopedian.com and Halo Fanon (part of Wikia) using a sockpuppet known by many names, most notable of which being "Citrus-404." Various logs can be provided to show reasonable suspicion that Wilc0 and this Citrus are the same person. Thank you and have a good day! Grizzlei 19:14, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
- First: That Citrus-guy was not me, you can check with the IP-addresses or anything. That someone impersonates me on another site doesn't mean I did it. And you don't want me become a brcrat, I'm fine with that, if UF is a brcrat he can invoke more admins to help with everything.
Second: Also, about the "rift" between the two sites. I didn't "begin anything that wasn't there couple of months ago", I haven't done anything of the sorts, I just exposed facts that were already out there.
Third: The current brcrats are definetly inactive, they only made a handfull of edits in the last 3 months, as you could see.
Again, I think our site deserve an active leadership.
Wilc0 "When in doubt, flee." Why doesn't anyone want to talk to me?
- First: That Citrus-guy was not me, you can check with the IP-addresses or anything. That someone impersonates me on another site doesn't mean I did it. And you don't want me become a brcrat, I'm fine with that, if UF is a brcrat he can invoke more admins to help with everything.
- The best course of action would be promoting me to Bureaucrat, but not grant the same rights for Wilc0. I understand he is still having trouble properly using his Adminship rights, however, if I become a Bcrat, I will keep all Administrators in check. I also noticed that our current Bcrats have been doing absolutely nothing lately besides replying to Talk Page messages and a handful of minor edits to articles. This lack of activity is unacceptable, therefore, I suggest demoting them to Administrator status.
- --Ultra Force 22:38, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
I would like to adopt the following. A little puzzled. To what extent, once the Wiki is adopted, is there copyright rights to the Wiki by its own community ? Thanks, link
Hi i would like to adopt the moshling wiki .I would like to adopt it because I am an admin on the moshi monsters wiki and since Moshling's are part of Moshi Monster's I think it would benefit the wiki if there was another place to go for more information on the topic. No one has made any edit's on it since august and i would like to cleanup the wiki.
Thank you for reading this,
Wr12 18:48, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Hello! I would like to adopt the Skylanders Wiki I've been doing a lot of update and made major change and it needs a whole lot of clean up. I need to be administrator for other stuff, such as adding a logo (allready made one but cant put it), changing the themes adding some template and lock some page I dont want anybody to screw up. So I'll be waiting for you answer. Thank you!