Community Central
Community Central
(→‎TheWarriors wiki: new section)
Line 225: Line 225:

Xavier wiki {{unsigned|Milk salad}}

Xavier wiki {{unsigned|Milk salad}}

:Why don't you give more details? --- <font face="Comic Sans MS">'''[[User:Rodrigo X|<font color="royalblue">яσdяιgσ</font> <font color="cyan">x</font>]] <font color="silver"><sup>[[User_talk:Rodrigo X|{TALK}]] | [[User_blog:Rodrigo X|{BLOG}]] <font color="red">«</font></sup></font></font> 21:21, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
+
:Why don't you give more details? --- <font face="Comic Sans MS">'''[[User:Rodrigo X|<font color="royalblue">яσdяιgσ</font> <font color="cyan">x</font>]] <font color="silver"><sup>[[User_talk:Rodrigo X|{TALK}]] | [[User_blog:Rodrigo X|{BLOG}]] <font color="red">«</font></sup></font>'''</font>''' 21:21, March 6, 2010 (UTC)'''
  +
All righty. The current admin has not adjusted the wiki since 2008. There is a sparse number of articles which have seldom been edited. I'd like to organize a community of Xavier fans but I don't think this can be done with an inactive admin.

==CHERUB Wiki==

==CHERUB Wiki==

Revision as of 21:21, 7 March 2010

This page is where you can request administrator and/or bureaucrat rights on communities without an active admin and/or bureaucrat team. Before you post your request, please make sure you are active on the wiki and that you meet the guidelines listed below.

Following a successful adoption, you will receive administrator rights for 30 days. After this period, please reapply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat user rights with the "extend permissions" forum. A Wiki Representative will review your request, which will be determined based on activity and rights usage.

Please allow up to one week (7 business days) for a response to your adoption request. Requests are generally — but not always — reviewed in the order they were received.

We look forward to having you adopt one of our communities!

Guidelines

AdoptionCheckmark You can adopt a wiki if...
  • The admins/bureaucrats have been inactive (not editing or engaging with the wiki) for at least 60 days.
  • You haven't gained rights or created another wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are not blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You are contributing to the wiki regularly, and your interest in it is both current and active. This includes:
    • Editing content pages on the wiki each day for at least a consecutive week prior to the time that your application is submitted. (Editing images, categories, or Discussion posts may not count, as we need to see that you have some command of the subject of the wiki.)
    • You have created at least one new page in the main namespace (the more the better).
    • Your edits are in good faith, and using the correct language for the wiki (i.e.: English for English wikis).
  • You make an effort to talk to other users, such as leaving friendly and encouraging messages on user talk pages and responding to questions on article talk pages, forums, or blogs.
  • You keep the wiki looking well-tended and up to date -- updating news sections, add new pictures and videos related to the topic, etc.
  • The wiki is not considered as a duplicate (a wiki about the exact same topic already covered by another, usually larger and more active wiki).
AdoptionCross You cannot adopt a wiki if...
  • There are admins actively editing the wiki.
  • You became an admin or created a new wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You haven't been contributing to the wiki's content pages for at least a consecutive week.
  • The community is considered as a duplicate of a larger and more active wiki.
  • The wiki is not eligible for adoption for another reason. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Fandom-branded wikis (such as Community Central, SOAP Wiki, etc.)
    • Personal or sandbox wikis.
    • Wikis with a topic that is exceedingly obscure, and page view statistics suggest a very small audience. As explained in our Community Creation Policy, we may even fully close such wikis.
link  Other cases and notes

Before you submit a request

• If the wiki has a Wiki Representative, you should contact them regarding elevated rights instead of proceeding with an adoption request. (Wiki Reps are listed in the wiki's Special:Community page.)
  • You may apply to adopt a wiki bearing the Official Wiki logo, but adoption of these wikis is done at Fandom's sole discretion and may not follow the rules set forth here.
  • You are allowed to submit only one adoption request per 24 hour period. Please keep this in mind.

Active communities

• If there are no admins, but other users are very active, you would need to reach out to the users (if it's one or two) or to the whole community with a public discussion to ask if they agree with your adoption. You should provide a link to this discussion in your request.
    • The discussion needs to be in the wiki (a discussion or blog post, not Discord or another site). Polls are not accepted as a way of voting.
    • Users must have at least one week to respond. Requests typically are successful if the response is positive, or if no one answers.
  • If you're already an admin and want to request the bureaucrat role, all you need is approval from the other active admins.
  • Existing admin/bureaucrat rights may only be directly removed if the users have been inactive for more than one year.

Blocks

• If you are blocked in another wiki, you could try to appeal and have the block lifted to be able to request an adoption. However, if you think the block is completely unfair (such as in cases of abuse of admin rights), you could mention this in your request. We also recommend checking how blocks should be appealed for advice.

Applying for permanent rights

• After applying for temporary adoption, users may apply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat rights here.
  • For the next 30 days, please make sure you are consistently active and appropriately using your new user rights. Failure to do so will result in your request for permanent rights to be declined.
  • The 60 day limit for adoptions only applies to your initial temporary adoption. The clock will not reset when you receive permanent rights.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Ghost Adventures wiki (Accepted)

The page has been inactive and I am a fan of Ghost Adventures. http://ghostadventures.wikia.com/ There have been no articles made before today. Today, I have created a few articles and I will like to adopt the page so i can control it and turn it into a much more informative site. I will be able to bring many of my fellow fans to help the page evolve into a very informative site also; once they know that someone trusted is working on the page as an admin. Thanks! I hope I get to adopt the page! GabbyAC

Good start -- please check out Help:Getting_Started if you need any pointers. Keep up the good work! — Catherine (talk) 23:34, February 25, 2010 (UTC)

Windows XP Wiki (Accepted)

Can i adopt the Windows XP Wiki? -- Chief 12:06, February 25, 2010 (UTC)

I've gone ahead and given you admin rights, but I hope that you might respond to Gboyers about merging the small number of pages here into the Microsoft Wiki -- I think your work will reach a larger audience there. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 23:44, February 25, 2010 (UTC)

Paramore Wiki (Accepted)

I would like to adopt the Paramore Wiki because the admin has been inactive for over a year - (December 28th 2008 was their last edit) The other editors are very rarely editing on the site. I've added many pictures, created new pages, and lengthened current pages. I want to give the wiki a logo, and edit the sidebar, to make the site more centered around the band. I would also like to change the name of the Wiki if possible at this time. Thank you, and please consider my request. Smileyland123 01:31, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

This Wiki? -Lcawte1Talk - My Wikia's list - New Wiki Watchlist
10:12, February 27, 2010 (UTC)

That's the one Smileyland123 18:16, February 27, 2010 (UTC)

Nice work, please use your new tools well! — Catherine (talk) 21:52, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

fr.grandfantasia wiki (Accepted)

Hi,

I would like to make a similar request as I did in the past for the fr.shayia wiki (here)

Again, the wiki doesn't really meet ALL conditions, but it has been left unattended. More precisely, it was created a few days before I tempted to start it on my own. I wrote to its creator, who immediately answered that he was quitting the idea of populating it, because he wants to create a database-powered fansite instead. He offered me to transfer the adminiship rights but I haven't heard from him since.

I collected quite a big amount of data to put on the wiki and would like starting publishing now that the French closed beta has started.

But how would I attract people to a wiki that has no home page but the default placeholders?? Also, not having deletion/media move rights is a pain while setting up a new wiki.

My records on the wiki-to-be show my involvement and my records on the English Dofus wikia (31,106 edits) and on the French Shayia wikia (14,667 edits) show how a productive and responsive admin I can be ;)

I therefore would like to ask for the bureaucrat rights to be transferred to my account.

TIA

--Lirielle 08:10, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

This Wikia? --Lcawte 10:13, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, this very one ;) - Heavily editing it --Lirielle 17:10, February 27, 2010 (UTC)

Good work, I've given you the rights. Have fun! — Catherine (talk) 21:55, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Dragon Ball wiki spanish (Accepted)

Well first i don´t speak or write very well in english but i wish that you can understand me. Well i want to be bureaucrat in the Dragon Ball wiki in spanish but the bureaucrat leave the wiki and now í´m a sysop in this wiki but now i want to be bureaucrat in this wiki. The bureaucrat leave this wiki in july 2009. Thanks I wait for your answer--Danke 7 15:45, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

Done! — Catherine (talk) 21:56, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

WikiChat Wiki available for adoption (Not adoption request)

Being the creator thereof, I hereby make the WikiChat Wiki available for adoption as it has not caught on and I do not intend to edit it further. — WikiChatBCrat001 16:42, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for letting us know. — Catherine (talk) 00:34, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Breath of Fire Wiki (accepted)

I wish to adopt the Breath of Fire Wiki. The one administrator the site has hasn't been online since it was created and hasn't made a single edit. I only just realised the wiki even existed. I have extensive experience in wiki editing and administration and I believe I could really turn this wiki around. Thanks, --Jenx222 19:09, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

You are now a bureacrat and admin there, good luck! Sarah (talk 00:24, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks --Jenx222 00:49, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Chemistry Wiki (accepted)

Hi, I only just realized that the Chemistry wiki existed. Since chemistry is by far my favorite subject, I would like to adopt it. There are no active administrators/bureaucrats there (as far as I can tell), and there is much work to be done. I am currently undertaking many tasks, such as creating many of the red-linked pages. I will be adding content to the most fundamental ones after I have created all of the links. --Liquidhelium 20:49, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

I have given you admin rights. Use them well and happy editing! Best, --Sarah (talk 00:40, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

linksextremismus.wikia.com (accepted)

An encyclopedia over left-wing extremism and terrorism in Germany (Baader-Meinhof and similar topics) that has been inactive since 2006, main page vandalized and the wiki spammed with nonsensical articles that I have partially blanked. I would like to adopt this wiki to clean up the vandalism and get the project started again. I currently am unable to repair the main page as it's protected. Nickherkunft 01:10, February 27, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, you are now an admin there. Best of luck,Sarah (talk 00:52, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Dead Rising Wikia (accpeted)

Hi! I made an adoption request a few months back for the Dead Rising Wiki, but it was put on hold because you said I needed to start a community discussion about becoming an admin.. that failed =[ because the community isn't active enough (the topic I started ). I really would like to fix the wiki up and build its community, but without admin powers it's pretty hard. The current Admin rarely signs on and he never listens to anything users have to say. I've tried communicating with him but he ignores me.. If you could give me admin powers I do my best to make the DR wiki a great place. Thanks. - Ash Crimson 08:08, February 27, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, thanks for starting the community discussion. I have given you admin rights. Best, Sarah (talk 00:50, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

es.Disney (accepted)

[1]Me dijisteis que se lo preguntara a Mbvnmrlpnle ha aceptado, los usuarios estan deacuerdo aunque solo hasta que vuelva el administrador (nadie cree que vuelva lleva 8 meses sin editar) y con la condicion de nombrar otro administrador, ya he pensado a quien poner de administrador, y teniendo el poder podré hacerlo, así si yo no estoy habrá otro administrador. Además la wiki está creciendo y necesitamos alguien que evite el bandalismo.

Siento no poder escrivir en Inglés -.-

Hello, I have now given you admin and bureaucrat rights there. Suerte! Sarah (talk 00:55, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Farcry 2 Wiki (accepted)

I've been to the Farcry 2 wiki and was supprised to find that no conntent has been posted at all! Well there was one artical, but thats only one. Hardly a start. I've recently been trying to add atleast somethings to it and it would help out a lot if I had admin status for this page. The person who started this wiki apparently does not even care the least bit about it. I can't promise that I'll be here day and night to complete this wiki, but I will try to get it started. Hope you allow me to be an admin. :) Thank you for taking the time to read this message and god bless.St-13_Gamer 06:59, February 28, 2010 (UTC)

I have given you admin and bureaucrat rights. Best of luck in building your wiki community, Sarah (talk 00:58, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

After Effects Wiki (accepted)

Hi I'd like to adopt the After Effects Wiki. There does not seem to be any active users or admins on the wiki and I would like to start this community page rolling. My main interrest is to log helpful information about After Effects and possibly other Adobe products (in the future).

Thanks,

-Mezmer

Hello, thanks for getting started there. I have given you admin and bureaucrat rights. Happy editing, Sarah (talk 01:00, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (accepted)

I would like to request a bureaucrat flag as I'm the only active admin and I need to deal with RfA requests. — Balistic 00:06, March 1, 2010 (UTC)

Looks like you have the rights. Enjoy!--Sarah (talk 01:03, March 5, 2010 (UTC)(

Custom robo wikia

Hello. I would like administrative rights in [[2]]. Theirs one Admin who edits there (User:Limxzero) but hes not a bureaucrat and there's still a lot of work to be done. The other admins seem to be inactive.Progmansp 01:40, March 1, 2010 (UTC)

So the other admin supports you becoming one? If so, I am happy to give you the rights. Thanks, Sarah (talk 01:05, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Well he was the one who suggested I come here and ask. There are no bureaucrats active so you should think about giving him bureaucratic rights . Progmansp 12:13, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

I'm ok with adminship for Prog. He's been pretty productive and is fairly skilled in wiki editing. This wiki does still need a lot of work. --Limxzero 13:02, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for confirming Limxzero, I've made the change -- sannse (talk) 01:28, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

You have my thanks.Progmansp 01:50, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

Spice Girls Wiki (accepted)

Hi there, I would like to adopt spicegirls.wikia.com but there are no administrators on it now and has been inactive for 2 years. I am a huge fan of the Spice Girls, and have been following them growing up and I will be thrilled to become administrator/bureaucrat. There are edits from users but it isn’t well laid out so comes across kind of scruffy, and even the main page contains some invalid links. I would like to take it into a totally new direction like the edits I’ve done in ladygaga.wikia.com such as Lady Gaga's BRIT Awards and Lady Gaga's The X-Factor. I will be cleaning up, adding new articles, edit existing articles and to lead the current and new members in the same direction that the wikia needs. Currently, I am now making edits to the wiki and looking for users in joining me in shaping it. DoctorStrange 16:53, March 1, 2010 (UTC)

You now have admin and bureaucrat rights. Happy editing, --Sarah (talk 01:06, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Urealms wiki (Accepted)

Hi. I was hoping to adopt the http:www.urealms.wikia.com

I went to Special:ListUsers and there are no admins what so ever. I know some good editors and could get a staff together for sure. Thats in addition to bringing my own skills as the creator of ShadowTale wiki . I have over 1,400 edits. Normally I'd be able to do quite well as a normal person editing urealms wiki but I need to be able to edit common.js, common.css, MediaWiki:Monaco-sidebar, and wiki.png which i can't do without being promoted. I am very responsible and will work hard with the community of urealms wiki. Looking forward to hearing back from you - User:ShadowTale

I've given you the admin tools, please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 01:16, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Mad Men Wiki (Accepted)

Hello I would like to request adminship of Mad Men Wiki. I'm not sure who the current admin is; but the last user to make an edit (other then myself) did so in November of 2009. The wiki suffers from very poor color choices and design. I would like very much to redo the overall layout to make it worthy of a show such as Mad Men and have something far more appealing to users. As you can see I'm also committed to adding more content to this site. At of the time of this posting I'm working on creating a complete episode guide before I move on to character pages. Season 4 is a ways off still but by the time it rolls around I'd love for this wiki to be in good working order. Thank you for your consideration. Ilayas 20:19, March 1, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for the hard work, we'd love to have a busy site for Mad Men. I've given you the tools, please have fun! — Catherine (talk) 01:18, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

es.disney (Accepted)

hola, pido perdon antes de nada por no poder escribir en inglés. Hace tiempo pedí�apadrinar la Disney wiky en español, pero no he recivido respuesta, la gente de la wiki está deacuerdo con mi decision ya que necesitamos un administrador urgentemente.

Espero vuestra respuesta.Disdey Twi 19:05, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

I have given you the rights, please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 01:28, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Brewers Wiki (accepted)

Good day. I'd like to request sysops priviledges for the Milwaukee Brewers wikia. Currently I am the only person on the abandoned site, and without sysops abilities, I would be able to see the wiki reach its full potential. I currently am a sysops on the LPW Wiki and admin with eWrestling wikia. Thank you for your time and consideration. Spriggins 23:11, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, all looks good, I've set the rights :) -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

LGBT Info

Hi, I would like to request the status of bureaucrat for the LGBT Info wiki (as per DragonMage), as I would like to be able to appoint new administrators and do my best to encourage more editor activity on the wiki. I and a few other editors have been the most frequent visitors to (let alone editors for) the wiki, and the administrator who gave me sysop rights has not edited or visited the wiki since 2008. Thanks, RayneVanDunem 22:14, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, please can you confirm this with the other active admin first. I can give the extra rights to either or both of you, but would like you to discuss which first. Thanks -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Black Rock Shooter Wiki

This Wiki only has one article and its owner hasn't visited the site since it was created (22 days ago). I'm not sure if I can get the site or where else I can give a heads-up to the owner about his site, but so far, everything is stagnant in this Wiki. I and another user is watching the Wiki and is waiting for the owner to make his first article. ----Herald of meridian 14:20, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, please link to the wiki so I know which to check! Thanks -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
Here it is: Black Rock Shooter Wiki. ----Herald of meridian 12:59, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

GigglerCats Wiki (The Warriors Humor Wiki)

Can I adopt it, please? No one is every really active anymore... And I have admin and the other admins make me do everything for them, claiming that they're too "busy" when I see them on networking sites. I was just wondering if I could because it's pretty much dead and I think I could make something of it... --Luna~Vodka! 22:17, March 4, 2010 (UTC) (Bluestar'sSecondDeputy)

Hi, please link to the wiki so I know which to check! Thanks -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

DigiFanon

Hi! I would like to know if I could adopt the Sandbox Wiki. It's really inactive. It was first created on April 26, 2009. Just check it out and you'll see. Thanks. --- яσdяιgσ x {TALK} | {BLOG} | {CONTRIBUTIONS} « 15:44, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

This looks like just a test wiki - is there a reason you want to adopt this one? I don't see any edits from you there yet, so do you know what you want to do there? -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Ok, I see... well, I changed my mind. I want to adopt the DigiFanon wiki. It is totally dead, and I am probably the most active editor there! I'd like to have all user rights (Admin, Bureaucrat, ...). Sorry for the inconvenience. --- яσdяιgσ x {TALK} | {BLOG} « 21:20, March 6, 2010

Droon Wiki (accepted)

There is honestly barely anyone on the Droon Wiki and I was wondering if I could adopt it and try and make it a big community with the help of other users. I will treat the Droon wiki with as much respect as I do on the Club Penguin Wiki. If you could, would you be able to make me a bureaucrat on the Droon Wiki so I can get it up and running? Thanks if possible, Will k. -- Will k ( talk| contributions| editcount) 23:03, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

OK, let's give it a go with admin rights :) -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Dragons Wiki

I would like to request Administrator and Bureaucrat powers for Dragons wiki as the admins have been inactive since August 2009. I am eligible to adopt this wiki and have created around 60 pages. I also substantially-edited the remainder. My plans include diversifying to Warhammer, Inheritance and LOTR. I would use these powers wisely, for it has become a spammer target(This is not a create-your-own-dragon wiki!) Please enable me to give the supreme mythological creature (And, for one species, my namesake) the chance it deserves. Wyvern Rex. 09:38, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

Xavier: Renegade Angel

Xavier wiki —This unsigned comment is by Milk salad (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Why don't you give more details? --- яσdяιgσ x {TALK} | {BLOG} « 21:21, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

All righty. The current admin has not adjusted the wiki since 2008. There is a sparse number of articles which have seldom been edited. I'd like to organize a community of Xavier fans but I don't think this can be done with an inactive admin.

CHERUB Wiki

Please forgot this.

Flight Simulator X Wiki

Can you give me bureaucrat rights in Finnish Flight Simulator X Wiki, please. No one doesn't edit there almost month. —LRP;840 (Yhteyden otto) 16:58, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

How Not To Live Your Life Wiki

Hello, I would like to adopt How Not to Live Your Life Wiki. I have made some good improvements to the wiki, and there is not any administrators around. I would like to adopt the wiki because I need to update the wikis logo, that I got Lcawte from Logo Creation Wiki to make for me. I also have some other good plans for the wiki. Thanks --Neosforce657 18:37, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

The Mighty B! Wiki

I'd like to adopt The Mighty B! Wiki. The only admin has not been active since December 2008 and the only two active editors are just making articles for fan-made episodes. CakeMistake 19:41, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

Underworld Wiki Admin Request

The Underworld wiki has had no sustained editing by any other than myself in over 6 months, has had no active admin for over a year, and I have been the only one to revert vandalism. I edited almost all its pages a few months ago, and created several new ones as well. I have since guarded the wiki against vandals and checked it daily. I feel an admin is needed for general functions (page deletions, vandalism, etc). I would like to be its admin, and am already an admin on the Silent Hill wiki. Thanks! {{SUBST:User:AlessaGillespie/sig}} 01:59, March 7, 2010 (UTC)

Fatal Frame Wiki

Hello, I'd like to adopt the Fatal Frame Wiki. The wiki's gone through some bad publicity due to some users plagiarizing and it has since been abandoned (I can't even identify the current or last admin). I want to pick up the site, give it a new, more relevant look and add a lot more content. I've made quite a number of edits, mostly templates and such, but I hope to make more significant changes as an admin (and I promise not to plagiarism and to give credit where credit is due). --Butterscotchboy~ 07:23, March 7, 2010 (UTC)

Keys To The Kingdom Wiki

Hiya,

I have just found the keytothekingdom wiki, And I am a real fan of the key to the kingdom series. It has 7 articles each containing nothing and the only member and owner havent updated anything for 3 months. I am interesting in adopting the wiki.

the web address is -http://keystothekingdom.wikia.com/wiki/The_Keys_to_the_Kingdom_Wiki

TheWarriors wiki

This wikia has had no edits in the past several months, the beaurocrat's account doesn't seem to be active anymore. I've been spendind time editing it in my free time, but if it gets more popularity vandalism will be an issue. In the meantime while you are considering my request I will continue editing thewarriorswiki until it is completely up to speed.