Community Central
Community Central
(Archiving requests)
Line 117: Line 117:

*Hi. I don't see a link to this wiki in your global contributions. Can you provide me with the URL? Thanks! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 22:35, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

*Hi. I don't see a link to this wiki in your global contributions. Can you provide me with the URL? Thanks! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 22:35, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

== [[w:c:fireemblem:Fire Emblem Wikia|Fire Emblem Wikia]] (declined) ==

I want to request for adminship for Fire Emblem Wikia since I been very active on the FE Wiki since March 2011 and I have [[w:c:fireemblem:Special:Contributions/King Marth 64|3,263 edits]] on the wiki by expanding images to pages, doing a few FE starter stats from the Fire Emblem games, adding couple of infos, adding a couple of quotes to the Character pages, adding template, and I did created about 100 pages since I first joined and we only have one admin active ([[w:c:fireemblem:User:Otherarrow|Otherarrow]]) and the other one is inactive ([[w:c:fireemblem:User:Semajdraehs|Semajdraehs]]) and we only have three rollback users, the one was returned, the other one was just helping out, and the third one is inactive and I'm higher than the three of them and I wanted to help out for getting ride of some of unnecassery pages for housekeeping, deleting Spam, and delete Vandalism, and plus block any user who done horrible on the wiki. I do undo a lot of Vandal edits and doing good job on the wiki.{{SUBST:User:King Marth 64/Sig}} 00:32, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

*Hi. Unfortunately, because Otherarrow is active, this wiki isn't eligible for adoption. Otherarrow has bureaucrat rights, though, so feel free to ask for admin rights on the wiki. Good luck! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 01:26, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

[[w:c:fireemblem:User talk:Otherarrow#Permission for Admin Rights?|I messaged to Otherarrow about it]] and he said:

"I am not sure why you want admin rights. It's not like there is too much for me to handle or anything. Also, you going and begging the higher ups for admin rights behind my back isn't getting you any points in my book. I'm starting to not trust you enough for admin rights really. Isn't this the second time you've tried to beg someone into giving them to you? If the time comes when we need another admin, I will be sure to let everyone know."-Otherarrow (''messaged him'')

"I appreciate your enthusiasm to help out, but trying to ask for rollback or admin rights isn't the way to get those things. (unless it's a case where the Wiki's admins are inactive, and an admin is needed, but that is a different story) It gives off the impression that you want those things because you think you will have more "power" over the wiki, which I hope is not your motivation. Continue editing as you have been doing, you are doing a fine job after all, and when the time comes for another moderator or such, I will be sure to consider you. Don't worry about it."-Otherarrow (''after the reply'')

I want just to help out, my apologies.{{SUBST:User:King Marth 64/Sig}} 02:22, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

== 1D wiki (closed) ==

Hey there, i dont think that my previous request made it, or was accidently deleted or something, but i ask for B Crat rights on the 1D wiki, onedirectioninfection.wikia.com , as the only admin, 1DCrazy, hasnt been active at all. I have been active on the wiki for seven days and earned the "go on for 5 days in a row" badge, and i am the only person to... along with that, i know who has potential to code pages to an amazing extent.

Currently there are spammers who post rude comments, because we can undo their rude blanking and writing GTFO on pages, but we cant do that on comments. so we need help real fast. could you promote me to B Crat? sincerely, [[User:Zakzedd|Zakzedd]] 01:42, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

*Hi. Your previous request was declined and moved to the archives. You can see it [http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central:Adoption_requests/Archive_51#One_Direction_.28declined.29 here]. - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 04:13, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

== Adoption of EnderVerse Wikia (approved) ==

The EnderVerse Wikia hasn't had much recent edits except for me. The current owner (I think) is NoodleGuy who has made over 1000 edits but hasn't made an edit since 2008. I have checked the Special:ListUsers and checked him which is why I have this proof. He last logged in to the entirety of Wikia on 13:37 May 3 2011. This guy seems to have ditched the wikia. I believe that the community building function does not apply to me considering that there is no community to actually build. The metaphor would be "You cannot build a building with no foundation". I am trying to say that there are no people on the wikia, the last edits not made by me were a bunch of gibberish. The url is [http://ansible.wikia.com ansible.wikia.com].

Oh crud I forgot to sign. I hope you don't mind. Now where is signbot... [[User:123chess456|123chess456]] 02:14, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

*Hi. I've given you the rights. Good luck with the wiki! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 04:15, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

==Mihigh (approved)==

http://mihigh.wikia.com/wiki/M.I.High_Wiki can i adopt this wika i'd love to take care of it <small><span style="background-color:#000; background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #444 35%, #000 65%); background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 0% 100%, color-stop(35%, #444), color-stop(65%, #000)); border:1px solid #eb0; -moz-border-radius-topleft:1ex; border-top-left-radius:1ex; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:1ex; border-bottom-left-radius:1ex; border-right:0;"><span style="border-top-left-radius:1ex; border-bottom-left-radius:1ex; -moz-border-radius-topleft:1ex; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:1ex;">&nbsp;'''[[User:Original Authority|<span style="color:#eb0">OA</span>]]'''&nbsp;</span><span style="background-color:#000; background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #444 35%, #000 65%); background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 0% 100%, color-stop(35%, #000), color-stop(65%, #000)); color:#fff; border:1px solid #eb0; border-top-left-radius:1ex; border-bottom-left-radius:1ex; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:1ex; -moz-border-radius-topleft:1ex;">&nbsp;[[User talk:Original Authority|<span style="color:#ccc">Speak</span>]]&nbsp;</span><span style="background-color:#000; background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #444 35%, #000 65%); background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 0% 100%, color-stop(35%, #444), color-stop(65%, #000)); color:#fff">&nbsp;[[Special:Contributions/Original Authority|<span style="color:#ccc">Contribs</span>]]&nbsp;</span><span style="background-color:#000; background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #444 35%, #000 65%); background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 0% 100%, color-stop(35%, #444), color-stop(65%, #000)); color:#ff0000; border:1px solid #eb0;">&nbsp;[[w:c:Vampire Diaries wiki|<span style="color:#ccc">VD</span>]]&nbsp;</span></span><span style="border:1px solid #eb0; border-left:0; border-top-right-radius:1ex; border-bottom-right-radius:1ex; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:1ex; -moz-border-radius-topright:1ex; background-color:#FF0000; background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #FF0000 35%, #000 65%); background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 0% 100%, color-stop(35%, #444), color-stop(65%, #000)); color:#eb0">&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></small>

*Hi. I've given you the rights. Good luck with the wiki! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 18:14, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

==Warcommander (on hold)==

==Warcommander (on hold)==
Line 157: Line 122:

*Hi. Your contributions look great so far. Can you also ask [[w:c:warcommander:User:SEAL TEAM LEADER|SEAL TEAM LEADER]] and [[w:c:warcommander:User:Nyen|Nyen]] for their thoughts on this? They've been active lately and should have a chance to help decide the next admin. Thanks! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 18:21, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

*Hi. Your contributions look great so far. Can you also ask [[w:c:warcommander:User:SEAL TEAM LEADER|SEAL TEAM LEADER]] and [[w:c:warcommander:User:Nyen|Nyen]] for their thoughts on this? They've been active lately and should have a chance to help decide the next admin. Thanks! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 18:21, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

== Awdry's Railway Series Wikia (declined) ==

http://awdrysrailwayseries.wikia.com/wiki/Awdry%27s_Railway_Series_Wiki

I do not trust the owner of this wiki and he has had a history of insulting other Wikia members. Would it be possible for me to adopt it? I will ensure the information on it is accurate and the conversations on the talk pages are clean.

Thanks, User:ThomasandStanley 18:03, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

*Hi. I see you already have admin rights on the wiki. Based on the drama that I can see on the wiki, I'm going to have to decline this request for now. If the users on the wiki come to a consensus about who should adopt the wiki, I'll give that person (or you, if you're the choice) the rights. Thanks. - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]]<staff /><sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 18:26, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 18:31, 6 March 2012

This page is where you can request administrator and/or bureaucrat rights on communities without an active admin and/or bureaucrat team. Before you post your request, please make sure you are active on the wiki and that you meet the guidelines listed below.

Following a successful adoption, you will receive administrator rights for 30 days. After this period, please reapply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat user rights with the "extend permissions" forum. A Wiki Representative will review your request, which will be determined based on activity and rights usage.

Please allow up to one week (7 business days) for a response to your adoption request. Requests are generally — but not always — reviewed in the order they were received.

We look forward to having you adopt one of our communities!

Guidelines

AdoptionCheckmark You can adopt a wiki if...
  • The admins/bureaucrats have been inactive (not editing or engaging with the wiki) for at least 60 days.
  • You haven't gained rights or created another wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are not blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You are contributing to the wiki regularly, and your interest in it is both current and active. This includes:
    • Editing content pages on the wiki each day for at least a consecutive week prior to the time that your application is submitted. (Editing images, categories, or Discussion posts may not count, as we need to see that you have some command of the subject of the wiki.)
    • You have created at least one new page in the main namespace (the more the better).
    • Your edits are in good faith, and using the correct language for the wiki (i.e.: English for English wikis).
  • You make an effort to talk to other users, such as leaving friendly and encouraging messages on user talk pages and responding to questions on article talk pages, forums, or blogs.
  • You keep the wiki looking well-tended and up to date -- updating news sections, add new pictures and videos related to the topic, etc.
  • The wiki is not considered as a duplicate (a wiki about the exact same topic already covered by another, usually larger and more active wiki).
AdoptionCross You cannot adopt a wiki if...
  • There are admins actively editing the wiki.
  • You became an admin or created a new wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You haven't been contributing to the wiki's content pages for at least a consecutive week.
  • The community is considered as a duplicate of a larger and more active wiki.
  • The wiki is not eligible for adoption for another reason. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Fandom-branded wikis (such as Community Central, SOAP Wiki, etc.)
    • Personal or sandbox wikis.
    • Wikis with a topic that is exceedingly obscure, and page view statistics suggest a very small audience. As explained in our Community Creation Policy, we may even fully close such wikis.
link  Other cases and notes

Before you submit a request

• If the wiki has a Wiki Representative, you should contact them regarding elevated rights instead of proceeding with an adoption request. (Wiki Reps are listed in the wiki's Special:Community page.)
  • You may apply to adopt a wiki bearing the Official Wiki logo, but adoption of these wikis is done at Fandom's sole discretion and may not follow the rules set forth here.
  • You are allowed to submit only one adoption request per 24 hour period. Please keep this in mind.

Active communities

• If there are no admins, but other users are very active, you would need to reach out to the users (if it's one or two) or to the whole community with a public discussion to ask if they agree with your adoption. You should provide a link to this discussion in your request.
    • The discussion needs to be in the wiki (a discussion or blog post, not Discord or another site). Polls are not accepted as a way of voting.
    • Users must have at least one week to respond. Requests typically are successful if the response is positive, or if no one answers.
  • If you're already an admin and want to request the bureaucrat role, all you need is approval from the other active admins.
  • Existing admin/bureaucrat rights may only be directly removed if the users have been inactive for more than one year.

Blocks

• If you are blocked in another wiki, you could try to appeal and have the block lifted to be able to request an adoption. However, if you think the block is completely unfair (such as in cases of abuse of admin rights), you could mention this in your request. We also recommend checking how blocks should be appealed for advice.

Applying for permanent rights

• After applying for temporary adoption, users may apply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat rights here.
  • For the next 30 days, please make sure you are consistently active and appropriately using your new user rights. Failure to do so will result in your request for permanent rights to be declined.
  • The 60 day limit for adoptions only applies to your initial temporary adoption. The clock will not reset when you receive permanent rights.

Wiggles Wiki (on hold)

Hello. I Know I Made A Wiki On January. But Can I Just Please Adopt The Wiki? I Have A Wordmark And A Background For It. And All The Admins Are Inactive. So Can I?

Jacob the Robot Talk with Me or Robot Blog 02:07, February 19, 2012 (UTC)

P.S I Don't Think I Should Get Declined Now. That Happened 3 Times To Me. 0 Times I Got Approved.

Jacob the Robot Talk with Me or Robot Blog 02:07, February 19, 2012 (UTC) Once again.

I Don't Get This. Their Not Admins. Plus I'm More Active. I Go On The Internet Every Second Of My Life.

Jacob the Robot Talk with Me or Robot Blog 22:54, February 23, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. Active users should be given a say in whether or not someone adopts a wiki, so please be sure to talk to them. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 01:54, March 1, 2012 (UTC)

But What Is Funny? ThomasandFriendsLover Is To Nice. He Will Approve No Matter What And GregisMine Is Not Active.

{{SUBST:User:AdventureTimeDVD/sig}} 21:16, March 2, 2012 (UTC)

• GregisMine just edited today. ThomasandFriendsLover still needs to be asked as well. Please do so. Thanks. :) - Brandon Rhea(talk) 22:40, March 4, 2012 (UTC)

Partyicracy Wiki (on hold)

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Hello, I am Aeaolen Kicka™ on the Partyicracy wikia, which I have linked above. The Partyicracy wikia has existed for a game that has been played 2005 and currently the founder and leaders of the wikia are missing in action and have been for nearly four or five years, the last edit by someone with administration rights was 19:59, February 4, 2007. I have contributed much to the wiki and have attempted to as much as I can to stem the tide of vandalism but cannot do much since I have no rights what so ever. I ask that the wikia staff please give myself administration rights that I can help push this wikia forward and make it better and better. I also have another member who has contributed immensely to the wikia that I will ask to be staff with me thus proving this no powerplay. Bureaucrat rank would be best, I would also be giving the Moderation of the game rights.

Thank you, Aeaolen Kicka™ 17:28, February 17, 2012 (UTC)

Hi. I see several other users who are very active on the wiki. Please start a public conversation with them (a blog, or forum, or request for adminship...) where everyone can discuss new leadership for the wiki. Give us a link to the page here and we'll check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 05:38, February 27, 2012 (UTC)

I have posted a page and I will wait to see if anyone responds, hopefully they will. I have also posted on the games forum. Thank you. -Aeaolen Kicka™ 00:21, February 29, 2012 (UTC)

• Thanks! Be sure to let us know what the decision is. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:36, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

Alien Fanon Wiki adoption (on hold)

Hello, I'm Nanosoldier and I would like to adopt the Alien Fanon Wiki. The administrators as well as bureaucrats haven'tbeen active since last year and the only 'active' user is Somarinoa, whom I would like to administrate if I ever adopt the wiki. I've contacted the most recently active administrator Nightmare76 on the Soul Caliber wiki about the wiki's design and he hasn't seemed to have responded and looks like he has left Wikia. At the beginning of last month, on the Elder Scrolls Fanon (tesfanon.wikia.com) a user named Hunter Zealot gave me bureaucrat rights on the wiki and I've put that wiki up to date with the currently existing Elder Scrolls canon along with another bureaucrat Pikapi. I haven't truly edited the wiki but I definitely hope to do so. When I attempted to contact Nightmare76, I was proposing a new design be done on the wiki but be hasn't responded. If I do manage to adopt the wiki, I hope to attract some attention via prometheusnews.net but overall the entirety of the community seems to have been inactive and I hope to revive the wiki and edit if I do adopt the wiki.

Yours sincerely, Nanosoldier 04:15, February 26, 2012 (UTC)

Hi. In order to adopt a wiki you need to be actively contributing to it. It looks like you will be past the 60days since gaining rights on the Elder Scrolls Fanon Wiki in a few days; in the meanwhile, please start working on the Alien Fanon Wiki and make sure to create at least one new article. Please also leave a message for Somarinoa and any other contributors about adopting it. We'll check back in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 04:22, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
Hi. You haven't edited on the wiki in a few days now. Are you still interested in adopting the wiki? - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:36, March 5, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry if I haven't edited recently. The recent blackout I just recently had affected my internet connection for a few days but it seems to be functioning successfully. Yes, I am still interested in adopting the wiki and I'll continue editing it ASAP. Nanosoldier 09:16, March 6, 2012 (UTC)

Telletubbies Wiki (on hold)

Hi! Can I please adopt the Telletubbies Wiki? The staff isn't being active but I have been active everyday. I delete all the bad things on the wiki and replace things that are incorrect. I would love it if I could adopt it. It's my favorite wiki and I always respect it. Reply back to me please.

Prettykitty32 3:55 p.m. February 29, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. Have you talked to MiklosMac about your request? If not, please be sure to do so, that way Miklos has an opportunity to help decide the next admin as well. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 01:38, March 1, 2012 (UTC)

Greek Mythology Wiki (on hold)

I would like to become an admin in Greek Mythology Wiki (http://greekmythology.wikia.com/wiki/Greek_Mythology_Wiki) since it seems that the founder of the wiki is not reachable, and the other users often used "Persy Jackson" and "Lost Hero" series as sources of information, while I have significantly better sources of indormation to rely on. Moreover, I have contributed much to other Wikis, and I think I will be able to manage the wiki. I have contributed much to the Wiki.

Kratos Jr. 00:10, March 03, 2012

Hi. It looks like the sysop, Ravenclaw Eagles14, is currently active on the wiki. I recommend you talk to him about getting admin rights there as well. As he is only sysop, he cannot promote you himself but if he agrees we will be happy to help with the rights. Please let us know when you have had a chance to talk to him and we will check back. -- Wendy (talk) 04:56, March 3, 2012 (UTC)

Roald Dahl Wiki (on hold)

Can i adopt the Roald Dahl wiki. It is currently inactive. I could revive it and make it great and amazing. —Algamicagrat 23:40, March 3, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. Your edits look good, but so far you've only made a small handful, all in the period of about 45 minutes. Please continue editing on the wiki and we'll check back in a few days. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 17:24, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

Dragon age answers (on hold)

Hi please can I adopt Dragon age answers the admin is obselete and the wiki needs cleaning up cheers --The Buffalo Rifle Cjbeattie 15:13, March 4, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. Your edits look good, but you've only made 1 since November. Please continue editing on the wiki and we'll check back in a few days. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 17:36, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

Adoption Request for My Super Psycho Sweet 16 Wiki (on hold)

Yes I would like to adopt Super Psycho Sweet 16 wiki http://mysuperpsychosweet16.wikia.com/wiki/My_Super_Psycho_Sweet_16_Wiki I am already an admin but the beauocrat does absolutley nothing! Tommy 03:28, March 5, 2012 (UTC)Tommyboy97Tommy 03:28, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. The founder, Tysonjackson, was last active a few days ago. Have you talked to Tyson about receiving bureaucrat rights? - Brandon Rhea(talk) 17:40, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

KFC Wiki (on hold)

Since the admin has left the wiki, I would like to adopt the KFC wiki. I will be active on there everyday and do as best I can with edits, since I like editing. Thank you for reading this! I hope I become a active admin of the KFC wiki community! LizardMaster178 21:02, March 5th, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. I don't see this wiki in your global contributions. Can you let me know the URL? Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 21:14, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

Animaniacs Wiki (on hold)

The Animaniacs Wiki has not been maintained lately, and could definitely use a bit of touching up. Can I adopt it? I've been fixing up several of the episode pages already (also, there's the problem of spammers). TenCents (talk to me!) 22:22, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. It looks like a few other users have edited in the last few days. Can you post a discussion on the wiki so they also have a chance to give their input about who the next admin should be? Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 22:30, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

Chicago Blackhawks Wiki (on hold)

Hello. The Chicago Blackhawks wiki hasn't been edited in months, and I would like to adopt it. I am a loyal Blackhawks fan and I am very knowledgable of the team's history, logos, ect.

Www.ihadadream.yolasite.com 22:32, March 5, 2012 (UTC)IHAD

• Hi. I don't see a link to this wiki in your global contributions. Can you provide me with the URL? Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 22:35, March 5, 2012 (UTC)

Warcommander (on hold)

I'm about the only one working on the [Commander Wiki] and I need admin rights in order to do my job properly. I am begining to get people working on it now but I need to be able to lock some pages down becuse of graffiti. —This unsigned comment is by Thomas Gunn (talkcontribs) 12:57, 6 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

• Hi. Your contributions look great so far. Can you also ask SEAL TEAM LEADER and Nyen for their thoughts on this? They've been active lately and should have a chance to help decide the next admin. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 18:21, March 6, 2012 (UTC)