Watership Down (Not an adoption request)Edit
Can I put the Watership Down wiki up for adoption, it just won't work. -Rakkety Tam
- This is a place to ask to adopt wikis, not to put them up for adoption. Is there something we can help you with specifically that isn't working? -- Wendy (talk) 00:50, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Worms Wikia (Declined) Edit
- You're off to a good start there. Please keep creating new pages, and ask the other active users if they think you will be a good admin. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 00:20, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
CSI Wiki (Accepted) Edit
- Are there already active admins?--Jakezing2 13:05, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- No. GB 17:33, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi GB. You and User:Sec 1971 are doing a really nice job putting the CSI wiki back together. It's great to see that you've customized the welcome template and are adding new content. However, you have only been on the wiki about 9 days so far and have about 10 new articles. Please get back to us when it has been 2 weeks and you have written 20 new articles per the guidelines at the top of this page. Looking at what you have done so far, I think you should have no trouble meeting these two criteria by next week :). -- Wendy (talk) 20:22, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- No. GB 17:33, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Good work, GroceryBag -- I've made you and Sec_1971 co-admins. Please keep creating pages and welcoming new users, and be sure to talk about the wiki in other CSI forums on the web! — Catherine (talk) 02:25, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Tom and Jerry Wiki (Accepted)Edit
I would like to adopt the Tom and Jerry Wiki. No admins have worked there since a while ago. And I can honestly say I know a lot about Tom and Jerry. So may I adopt this Wiki?
--Ivanovsson 23:06, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for your interest, Ivanovsson. You've done some very nice editing there today, with a handful of new pages. Please continue to work on expanding the wiki. You can also create a user page for yourself, and customize the welcome template and start saying hello to other users. When you've edited for about two weeks, we'll be happy to look at giving you admin rights. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 00:05, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
It has been quite a while since I started working on this wiki and I do have the requirements now. Do you think it is time for me to get admin rights?
--Ivanovsson 22:13, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the excellent work in creating new pages, Ivanovsson! I've given you the tools, please use them well. — Catherine (talk) 02:25, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Mork and Mindy wiki (Accepted) Edit
I would like to adopt the Mork and Mindy wiki. I am a large fan of the show, the wiki is currently inactive, and the only admin/Bureaucrat there, who is the founder, has made absolutely no edits there ever. It is also very young (having only 6 articles). Thus far, I have been renovating the main page, creating templates, and creating a proper category structure... as well as creating a few articles. I have much experience as an administrator on wikia as I currently am one on Monk Wiki and Staragte Wiki, and I have been for some time. That being said, I have a large amount of knowledge on the workings of a wiki. Thanks!—Anubis 10545 22:24, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. You are doing a great job organizing and cleaning up the Mork and Mindy wiki, and you clearly know what you are doing. However we still need you to meet the requirements for adoption, which include editing for 2 weeks and making at least 20 new articles. I'm sure you can manage that -- get back to us when you have done so. -- Wendy (talk) 01:36, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Revanopedia-Znana i lubiana encyklopedia ludzi których zna nasz Revan przeważnie Baru pod krzywym ryjem
Revanopedia-Najlepsze encyklopedia o ludziach z baru "Pod Krzywym Ryjem"
Sweeney-Kretyn wiewiór który wpierdala orzechy.....Został urodzony na łupince orzecha i cieszy ryja.Ożenił sie z Bellatrix Black znaną śmierciożerczynią postrachem fryzjerów...Sweeney uwielbia wpierdalac orzechy nosem.
--Revan120 14:14, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- Which wiki are you asking about adopting? If you'd like to start a new wiki, please see w:c:Requests. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 02:25, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Full Metal Alchemist Wiki (Accepted) Edit
I know that you need to be working on a wiki for two weeks to be eligible for you to adopt it, but it seems as though I need to move a lot of pages. I am atempting to change the episode pages from "Episode 1" to their title. I still have to do 41 more. There is an anti-spam that is not allowing me to do this quickly. I have added some of 70+ pages to this wiki within the past 48 hours. You can see my contributions by click the following link. I am requesting bureaucrat or sysop on this wiki so I can finish my changes and also finish what I am planning on adding. For example changing the Skin adding a Logo ect. Again I know I have not been working on the wiki the full 2 weeks but it would be a big help to me and the wiki. Thanks in advance. ~KingLinkTiger~ KingLinkTiger 17:28, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- The antispam happens because you're a new user there on that Wikia. Wait another day or two, and then you should be autoconfirmed, which means you won't get that message. No comment otherwise. --Sky (talk) 23:36, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information. I never knew that. ~KingLinkTiger~ KingLinkTiger 01:48, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hi KingLinkTiger. I'm glad you are excited about sprucing up the Full Metal Alchemist wiki, and you certainly have done a lot of hard work there. However you do need to edit for 2 weeks as we say on this page. You also need to have a welcome template and welcome other contributors to the wiki, which I don't see you doing in your recent changes. Also, there appears to be some activity on the site, it would be good to create a page stating that you are working to adopt the wiki and invite comment from any other users. I can help you put up a sitenotice. -- Wendy (talk) 01:50, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Sly Cooper (Accepted) Edit
I want to help this wiki since the administrator has not edited since June, and the wiki is falling behind with only 53 articles now, and since it's administrator left. I have a lot of knowledge of the Sly Cooper franchise and I'm willing to expand it. There should be a ton of articles on there, and since I've already been on the Jak and Daxter Wiki and have created over 50 articles in 2 days I think I can handle this one. The wiki is sly.wikia.com —This unsigned comment is by Kcdude500 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- You're off to a nice start! Please keep up the good work and we'll check back on you in about ten days. — Catherine (talk) 10:12, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
I wish to adopt the wiki as my own as I can see no one has edited it since 2007. Now that's a long time. Catch my drift? I wish for it to be useful for people. When I was new to Flash, I spent hour on Google. Now people can come to a one stop place to learn flash. —This unsigned comment is by Naresh97 (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I'm glad to hear about your interest! I've always felt that the Flash wiki could be a thriving and helpful project, with all of the new Flash applications and games being developed every day. Please keep up the good work -- you've already created half a dozen new pages so you're well on your way to the 20 pages required in the adoption guidelines at the top of the page. Since you just started there today, we will check back with you in about two weeks to make sure you are still interested in the project. Please let us know if there is anything you need help with in the meantime! — Catherine (talk) 03:36, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
education wikia (Accepted)Edit
I'm administrator in the German education wikia "bildung" and would like to have the same role in the education wikia. --fasten 00:14, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Could you provide us the link to your contributions to the site your requesting, per Education Wikia has several education wiki's; providing the link will probably speed up the process when the Wikia staff view this section. Dark Obsidian 12:02, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Hello, I am a current administrator for the Education Wiki. Had I known Fasten was interested, I would have requested his promotion myself. I still support upgrading his status, as Fasten is already responsible over 60% of current edits. --Kirk 23:40, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the request, Fasten, and the information, Kirk -- I've given you both admin and bureaucrat rights, since the previous bureaucrat has been inactive since March. Thank you for your hard work on this wiki; it's a very important topic! — Catherine (talk) 02:47, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Indy Racing League wiki (Declined)Edit
The Indy Racing League wiki has not been updated since May 2008. I would like to "adopt this wiki as I am very knowledgeable on this subject and have communities willing to help me out with the making of this wiki. Thanks for you time and consideration Wikia staff. You can find the wiki at http://indyracingleague.wikia.com/wiki/Indy_Racing_League_Wiki.
Thank you. --Roadblocker 22:50, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
- Please read through the requirements at the top of the page, unfortunately you don't meet the requirements as you need to be active over 2 weeks and have made more than 20 articles, once you've managed to gain the recommended requirements please come back here and the wikia staff will review your request. Dark Obsidian 22:58, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for your explanation. I will be active on the wiki and come back here in 2 weeks. --Roadblocker 23:01, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
I want to create a movie wikia (Not an adoption request) Edit
- Go to the Requests wiki and make your request there. You may also find the Entertainment wiki interesting. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 17:59, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
The Brickfilms Wiki (Accepted)Edit
I have practically raised the Brickfilms Wiki. When I first came to it, three months ago or so, it had only one page on it. The previous admin had created one page, for himself, and had left the whole Wiki like that. So, with the help of the Wikia Community Help Email, I have steadily built up some new pages, and I'm ready to start fully customising it and advertising it. Once I have developed it fully, I will advertise it on Brickfilms.com, and it will hopefully get lots more users helping to add to the few pages that we have at the moment. I'd love to start fully customizing and adding to what could become a giant archive, and start my work on aiding the online Brickfilming community. So, because the previous admin has ditched the site, it is in dire need of full customization. I have tried to aid the wiki, but I need admin rights to fully customize it. Please, Wikia, please!!!!!—This unsigned comment is by Lortoniipa (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Thanks for your long-term efforts there. I would like to see you build the number of pages quickly -- having many pages that are well-linked to each other is one of the keys to appearing strongly in search engines and bringing new people in to help you edit. Please keep up the good work! — Catherine (talk) 02:47, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Warhammer Online Wiki Español (Accepted - Aceptada) Edit
Hola, llevo tiempo trabajando en el wiki Español sobre Warhammer Online http://es.warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Portada . El wiki lleva más de un año sin ninguna contribución y sin administradores. Debido a que gran parte de la información son guías sobre mazmorras, guaridas, etc., requiere jugar primero y hacer capturas de pantalla para incluirlas en el wiki. Es un gran trabajo y sin administradores me expongo a que venga alguien y lo borre todo y mi trabajo no haya servido para nada. He contribuido haciendo la página principal, un logo, y bastante información, pero no puedo arriesgarme a perder todo por culpa del vandalismo. También me gustaría diseñar la página principal con un diseño acorde a Warhammer Online, un diseño oscuro. Tengo grandes ideas pero aún no puedo llevarlas a cabo. Gracias por vuestro esfuerzo y por hacer ésto posible.
Hello, take time to work on the wiki Spanish on Warhammer Online http://es.warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Portada . The wiki is more than a year without any input and without administrators. Given that much of the information guides are dungeons, lairs, and so on. Requires first play and making screenshots for inclusion in the wiki. It's a great job and I'm exposed to administrators that someone come and erase everything and my job has not served at all. I contributed to the home page, a logo, and enough information, but I can not risk losing everything because of vandalism. I would also like to design the homepage with a design according to Warhammer Online, a dark design. I have great ideas but can not carry them out. Thank you for your effort and for making this possible. Yllelder 00:03, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hola Yllelder. Gracias por contactarnos y felicitaciones por el trabajo que has realizado en el último tiempo en el wiki de Warhammer Online en español. Desde hace unos minutos eres administrador: continúa con tu labor de edición de nuevos artículos, da la bienvenida y acoge a los nuevos usuarios que lleguen e intenta difundir el wiki en foros y páginas web sobre Warhammer Online para atraer nuevos usuarios. Siempre que tengas dudas puedes dejarnos un mensaje pues estaremos dispuestos a ayudarte. --Zuirdj (talk - mensajes) 02:13, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Risk Wikia (Accepted)Edit
I would like to adopt the Risk Wiki, and from what I can gather, the founder has not been active since September. I am willing to help this wiki thrive and I've already contributed alot, and plan to contribute more.
When I started editing, there were 4 pages, and now there are 22, and I basically rewrote 3 of the 4 pages by the admin. The last documented visit from the admin was in October, and he seems more inrterested in advertising and sponsership than the actual wiki.
- Thanks Matt -- you've demonstrated exactly the type of "jump in and start working" attitude that we like to see in potential admins. You've done some nice things for a start and I look forward to seeing this wiki grow. — Catherine (talk) 02:47, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Thank you--Matt 20 1 04:48, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
The 2nd game is coming up so I want the new players to know the plot and game mechanics
- You haven't made any edits there yet, Venomclaw -- please feel free to create pages about the new game and update the main page. Once you've been editing there for two weeks then we'll be happy to talk about giving you admin rights. — Catherine (talk) 02:47, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Why my created wiki can't edit (Not an adoption request)Edit
- Wikis belong to the community, not to an individual person. Please use Special:Contact to send us a message if you'd like to discuss this further. — Catherine (talk) 02:47, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Big Bang Theory Wikia (Declined) Edit
It was last updated sometime in January, the pages are a mess and it's so confusing to navigate. I think it's time that the wikia had a user that will look after and regularly update the page and I think I could do that. There are so many features that should be up there that aren't. It's being neglected and needs a major change to make visiting the site a more enjoyable experience for other fans who love the show and want information and interesting things to entertain them. --xcrazygirl08x
- Hi. Big Bang Theory Wiki is definitely in need of some love and could potentially be a much more interesting place, and I'm glad you are interested in it. However the only edit I can see that you made there was to blank the main page completely. Please see the adoption criteria at the top of this page; there is a lot you can do to spruce up the wiki as a regular user. Ask us again in a couple of weeks when you have met the criteria to adopt. -- Wendy (talk) 20:35, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Total Drama Island (Declined) Edit
Please let Me adopt this wiki. i watch it everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am the Guy in charge of the unknown pictures. so, please!
--Spongebobrocks09 00:43, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hi -- I'm glad you like Total Drama Island. However the wiki admin, Vampyrum Spectrum08, last edited a few weeks ago. You should talk to him about becoming an admin. -- Wendy (talk) 20:38, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Guitar Wiki (Declined)Edit
I'd like to adopt the Guitar Wiki, please. I have already adopted ACDC Wiki and would like to try this one out. The admins rarely (if not never) show up. Thanks! ZT 01:16, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- I see that you made a good many edits there back in October, but I don't see anything more recent. If you are interested in adopting this project, we will need to see some steady editing there from you for a couple of weeks. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 00:15, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
theatre.wikia.com (Declined) Edit
I have a big interest in the theatre, and it seems like people are creating sections for things like "Category:International Real Estate" within this wiki, advertising "Argentina Real Estate".
I find this a real shame, as there is so much content that could be written about theatres and theatre performances!
I would very much like to take this project on if it is available, and I would do my best to clean up any mess like above (SPAM) and also add fresh, related and interesting content as often as possible. (I love the theatre, so it would be far from a chore!)
Looking forward to a response,
Ps. If someone is already taking care of this wiki, then please accept my appologies for being rude! - It was not my intention!
- Sorry, but according to w:c:theatre:Special:Contributions/Mikekingpin, you never made any contributions yet. Spam can be cleaned up without administrative powers. If you need someone to block someone or to delete an article, you can call a Staffmember or Helper. Please return here when you have felt that you've made significant contributions to the wiki. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 15:51, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Okay, great! - So, is it okay to add related pieces already then? and point out spammers content when I see it?
- Sure, the wiki needs more work and less spam. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 15:56, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
You Tube Wiki (Accepted) Edit
- Thanks, you've been doing lots of work there! I've given you the admin tools. — Catherine (talk) 01:48, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Dragon Ball Wiki (Declined - Declinada) Edit
- Hola Benfutbol10. He vvisto que el wiki de Dragon Ball ha tenido actividad en el último tiempo y que tus contribuciones se restringen a unas pocas ediciones y mensajes en páginas de usuario. Ya eres administrador en otros wikis y esperamos que puedas seguir dedicando tu tiempo a los wikis que ya has solicitado. ¡Gracias por tu colaboración! --Zuirdj (talk - mensajes) 02:17, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
411 (Declined) Edit
I'm adopting 411 because it was no more than a 'new' test page when I first came. The creator hasn't been on since August nor built anything. I've created many policy pages and request pages in it, but I need admin and bureaucrat rights there instantly to fix the messages and protected pages. - Æåm Fætsøn 11:06, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
- You need to meet the requirements at the top of the page -- that means creating twenty articles (not just templates or administrative pages) and working on it for two weeks. It's not clear what the original requester intended with this wiki -- what topics do you intend to cover? — Catherine (talk) 01:48, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
- Although I don't meet the requirements, I'm not able to make much progress without the rights either. I want it to probably be a fanon site, but then it'll have to be renamed. For now, I don't know what to create on. - Æåm Fætsøn 07:47, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Gunz: The Duel (Accepted)Edit
I am requesting to adopt the Gunz: The Duel wikia (which can be found here).
- This Wikia is currently classified as inactive.
- There has been no sustained editing by other users for the past month (possibly longer).
- The last admin (who can be found here has made no edits for more than a month; there is much to do and thus, in my opinion, a month-long absence certainly can't be considered proper in this situation.
- I have not founded, adopted, or been given admin access on another wiki in the last 60 days.
- I have not been blocked on another Wikia project.
- I have already made over 700 constructive edits on this wiki.
- I have created a large number of new pages, as well as many redirect pages for easier browsing.
- I have added many new images to the wiki to show aspects of the subject matter.
- I have been able to bring in several new editors through other communities and have been working with them to improve the quality of this wiki.
- I began working on this wiki on 3 December 2008, and thus my two-week minimum will be achieved in three days.
- I've granted you admin rights -- please keep up the good work! — Catherine (talk) 01:48, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
French RuneScape Wiki (Accepted)Edit
Bonjour! I am requesting the adoption of the French Runescape Wiki. It's creator and the only person with any rights on that wiki made only three edits in January 2007 in total and there was no sustained editing of the wiki at all until this month. That is because this month, Jagex, the company that makes the game, announced a French version was going to come out and consequently I started rebuilding it. Now that the francophone version of the game has come out, there are already other people coming to the wiki to add to it. Accordingly, I have created a welcome template and have welcomed those new editors. I personally have been working on the wiki ever since the announcement by expanding pages, uploading images, and creating new articles and new templates. Finally, I have never been blocked on another Wikia project and I have not founded, adopted or been given admin access on any other wiki though I am a regular editor and have rollback rights on the English RuneScape wiki.-- 14:02, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for your interest and your long-term work on the wiki -- I've granted you rights. Please be certain to welcome all new contributors to the wiki, and keep building pages! — Catherine (talk) 01:48, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Linkin Park wiki (Accepted)Edit
I request to adopt the Linkin Park wiki. I have fixed the pages and rewrote almost all of them, along with creating many pages. I seem to be the only active user on the wiki.--Jaredh d2012 14:48, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- You've made a nice start there and have created a handful of new pages -- please keep up the good work and we'll check back with you in a few more days. — Catherine (talk) 01:48, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Smallville wiki (Declined) Edit
I've submitted this request several times in the past months, but now i'm think i'm ready. I've helped the admins with wiki matienance, tackled featured articles, quotes, templates, uncategorized and unused files, and more. I've done everything that Marikology said that i'd need to do before i become admin-worthy. This is the last time i'll submit this request, i don't want to bother you any-more, i just want to know wether or not i am admin-worthy. Elbutler 18:22, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- You became the founder of the George of the Jungle wiki just a few days ago -- please concentrate on building up that wiki for now. — Catherine (talk) 01:48, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Geras of Fannon (Not a Adoption Request)Edit
I would like a Gears of Fannon wikia, I would like blogs in it like Halopedia, and games like halopedia. If possible I would like to be a Admin, my Email is <e-mail address removed> GEARS OF WAR 2
Hi Gears of War 2,
- If you want to create a new wikia project please place a request here. Dark Obsidian 10:23, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Sinistrae Wikia (Not an adoption request) Edit
An personal project need request in Pt.Sinistrae, help-me. I´m new user...
=*= Lvx Sinistrae =* = 22:49, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
http://da.runescape.wikia.com (Declined) Edit
Could i please adopt this wiki? The owner made a homepage with only 1 line back in September and nothing else. - Permat
- Hi Permat,
- Please have a look at the requirements at the top of the page - unfortunately you don't meet any of the requirements, as you haven't made any edits. Dark Obsidian 19:22, 21 December 2008 (UTC)