- 1 Warcraft Fanon Wikia (Not an adoption request)
- 2 Touhou Español (Accepted)
- 3 Manchester United (Declined)
- 4 Comida (Declined)
- 5 Adopting MUGEN (Declined)
- 6 Custom Robo Wikia (Accepted)
- 7 Left Behind Kids (Declined)
- 8 Torn City Wiki (Declined)
- 9 Fall of Glory (Not an adoption request)
- 10 Wonderland Online (Accepted)
- 11 Teacher Haven Wiki (Accepted)
- 12 Adoption of portfolio wiki (not a Wikia project)
- 13 wallce and gromit wiki adoption (Declined)
Warcraft Fanon Wikia (Not an adoption request)[edit source]
I have been one of three admins on the Warcraft Fanon Wiki for some time now as well as one of its most active contributors. For some months now, the min admin, Koops has been inactive; his last contribution was in July and his last actual content was added in December 2007. Otherwise, he has been largely absent; policy on the site has been passed by two of the admins working together and voting - each time a vote has been called for, Koops has bveen completely absent.
At this stage, I feel that the Wiki cannot continue to run without having its cheif admin/sysop present. --Darthfish 01:21, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- If you have two active admins, then there's no need for Koops to participate. Many -- I might even say most -- wiki communities continue to grow and thrive long after their founder has moved on to other things. It's one of the beauties of the medium! You have bureaucrat powers, so if you feel the need for additional admins, you can use Special:UserRights to give "sysop" rights to other trusted active users.
- There's also no need to remove admin powers from inactive admins, unless they do something harmful to the wiki; Koops might move/graduate/have some other life change that enables him to come back to the wiki at a later time. Please keep up the good work! — Catherine (talk) 02:06, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
Touhou Español (Accepted)[edit source]
he notado existe este espacio pero no se le ha dado contribuciones en modo informatico. la persona encargada no ha editado ni completado los articulos faltantes que tecnicamente son muchos llevando unicamente la pagina de inicio y uno de los muchos articulos faltantes llevando ausente o sin movimiento esa seccion mas de 60 dias. he estado contribuyendo poco a poco y aunque aun me falta cosas por arpender sinceramente las ando aprendiendo con tal de sacar la seccion a flote pese a eso es de notarse como poco a poco la pagina se esta llenando de informacion y de los articulos ordenados. por mi parte quisiera pedir adoptar el wiki de touhou en español. aqui les dejo el link para que lo chequen no tiene mucho movimiento almenos no por parte de la persona "encargada" de ella : http://es.touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Portada
- Hola OMEGA ZERO. He visto tus contribuciones y creo que será muy bueno que puedas reactivar ese wiki, invitando a nuevos usuarios y consiguiendo que el número de artículos crezca. Te he nombrado admin ahí y dejo más detalles en tu página de discusión en ese wiki. Un saludo cordial --Zuirdj (talk - mensajes) 13:30, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
Manchester United (Declined)[edit source]
I really want a Manchester United wiki page plz! Also, how do you adopt the wiki? —This unsigned comment is by Bateman88 (wall • contribs) . Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in source editor.
- The Manchester United Wiki does look like it has been inactive since August, but you haven't made any edits there yet. Please go to http://manutd.wikia.com and start creating and improving articles. You can resubmit a request to adopt at a later time. — Catherine (talk) 20:01, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
Comida (Declined)[edit source]
- Are you interested in the Spanish Gastronomia wiki? There's a somewhat active community there -- I suggest you talk to the others there about who should gain admin rights. Thank you! — Catherine (talk) 22:32, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Adopting MUGEN (Declined)[edit source]
Its getting worser. I must take care of it. User:C&T
- The user OpenBSD became the new admin for the MUGEN wiki just a couple of weeks ago. Though he hasn't been on the last few days, I don't see that anyone else other than you has been editing there, so it doesn't seem to be "getting worse". Please keep editing and improving pages, and talk to OpenBSD if you would like to earn adminship. Thank you! — Catherine (talk) 22:32, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Custom Robo Wikia (Accepted)[edit source]
I know I haven't really proven myself yet, but I plan on maiking this wiki great. In addition, it seems that the only beaurucrat not only has not been on the wiki since March, but he/ she also locked the main page, basically stopping all growth on the wiki. However, if you allow me to adopt the wiki, I will revive this wiki. If you don't believe I have done enough for the wiki, that is fine; I will simply edit as much as I can and try to revive the wikia. Thank you for your consideration. Oh, and here is a link to the main page. --Halberdier Reporting for Duty! 03:08, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- You've done some nice work there. I see that Murzon has gone ahead and made you an admin. Please be sure to keep building pages and welcoming new users! Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 22:32, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Left Behind Kids (Declined)[edit source]
I appear to be the only one who has worked on this page. even though i just joined i will update it as much as i can Tressino100
- The only wiki you seem to have worked on is http://leftbehindkids.wikia.com/ -- is that the one you'd like to adopt? Please work on fulfilling the guidelines on this page -- work on it for two weeks and create new pages. You might also want to customize the welcome template there so you're ready to say hello to new users if you see them on Recentchanges. Best of luck to you!
Torn City Wiki (Declined)[edit source]
Dear sir or madam [to whom this may concern],
I would like to adopt the Torn City wiki. I have taken the liberty to take the qualifiactions for adoption and answer the questions. [snipped]
I wish to adopt this site to help my fellow players of Torn City, my name and ID in Torn City are Telemachus , if you wish to contact me via Torn City. I have a vast knowledge of Torn City, and new things are always coming out, and I will let players create pages about themselves. I also have other ideas, and I know that even more ideas will come to me later.
I hope you approve my request, you surely will not regret it.
PS - If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Thanks for your interest, Telémakhos. You're off to a nice start today, and we'd like to see what you can do over the next two weeks to fulfill the guidelines at the top of the page -- please concentrate on creating new articles and making the wiki a friendly place for new users. We'll follow up soon and be happy to hand out the admin tools when you're ready. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 23:44, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Fall of Glory (Not an adoption request)[edit source]
I'd like to propose a wiki for the internet novel series called "Fall of Glory". There's a lot of story and technology documented in the books that is somewhat confusing unless it's laid out. That's why I think this wiki should exist. It'd document all of that, and more.
- To request a new wiki, please visit http://requests.wikia.com -- thanks! — Catherine (talk) 10:12, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Wonderland Online (Accepted)[edit source]
I was wondering if the Wonderland online wiki should be up for adoption, as the founder (Riderruff) had only made 2 contributions, back in April that I saw, and the Sysop (Electrovirr), hasn't been active since this past July. Other than that, since September there have only been a few intermittent additions. I'm not sure what is considered sustained editing, but it seems to have been abandoned by those who started it.
If this wiki should be up for adoption, I'd like to adopt it. I've been working on adding missing articles, making/improving templates, uploading missing images, but there are things only the admins can do. There are redirects that need to be deleted, along with many duplicate files that have been uploaded. As with shown with my contributions, I have made a good amount of additions to the site. I have also made a basic template for New User pages, and promptly put it on the pages of those who make any contributions to the site having not been there before, as do I leave a welcome message on their Talk Page thanking them.
I had left a message in Electrovirr's Talk page about a project he had for a Beginner's Guide, asking for suggestions, but as he hasn't been active, I received no response. However, I took it upon myself to start creation of the guide, and it's coming along nicely.
Being that there is at least some activity on the site, I'd even be up for you posting a sitenotice, asking those that are contributing if they have any objections. This site has plenty of potential as well, as most of my Google searches for Wonderland Online help topics list this wiki on the first to third pages.
Sorry for the long post, and thanks ahead of time for your consideration and decision in this matter. --User:Et3rnalPh03niX 09:44, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- It looks like you have been doing good work there for a long while -- thank you for all the effort! I have given you the admin tools. — Catherine (talk) 10:12, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Teacher Haven Wiki (Accepted)[edit source]
I have been working on this site for more than 2 weeks now and see that the former admin has been inactive for a long time. I would like to assume this position.
At this time, there doesn't appear to be a very active community.
Once I have more content, I propose to advertise to draw in more community members.
- Excellent work, Lisa -- it looks like you meet all the guidelines, so I've given you the tools. Keep building content, and be sure to invite and welcome new editors -- it's the most important part of making a wiki grow! — Catherine (talk) 10:12, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Adoption of portfolio wiki (not a Wikia project)[edit source]
To whomever it may concern,
I want to adopt this wiki in order to make it useful once again for students and the likes. I shall also contribute to it my own work. You can see this work through the link: http://quratulainshamim.pbwiki.com/ .
I am looking forward to a positive response.
Yours Sincerely, Qurat-Ul-Ain Shamim.
- I'm sorry, this page is for adopting wikis hosted by Wikia. You will need to contact the founder of the pbwiki project. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 03:36, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
wallce and gromit wiki adoption (Declined)[edit source]
- Hi Geeklogic -- I can't see that you've made any edits at all to the Wallace & Gromit Wiki. Please see our guidelines above for what you need to do before asking to adopt a wiki. There's a lot you can do to help any wiki as a regular user before you adopt it! -- Wendy (talk) 19:17, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
hay now i have done a edit --Geeklogic 21:18, 5 December 2008
[Removed duplicate signatures from Geeklogic]
- As Merrystar has stated in the above comment you don't qualify for the adoption you need to make substantial edits and have made more than 20 articles, please re-read the requirements on the top of the page - plus making edits such as this won't help and you'll not be able to adopt the wiki, most edits like the one which you've made constitute towards vandalism which is against wikia's policy, please be more careful next time. Dark Obsidian 18:51, 6 December 2008 (UTC)