Community Central
Community Central
Bot scan:Requests Hollyoaks Wiki (3)

Wiki link: https://hollyoaks.fandom.com/
Requestor: Danielroxheaps
Notes: The wiki has 5,290 pages in the main namespace.

Hey there :) Per your request, I did go ahead and not only scan for proper spelling, but then also for BrEng spelling — in addition to common mistakes with wikitext formatting. Due to the size of the wiki, this took rather longer than most scans that we perform here, and thus there was a need to spend about a full weekend on the project. In the end I made about 6.5k edits to your wiki, which is on the high side of what we do here. Thanks for your patience!
The runs were made (more or less) separately so that you can try to gain some insight into things.
  • First was the run to correct common wikitext errors. You should be able to go back to CzechBot's edits on the 17th/18th to get a sense of common errors found on your wiki.
  • Right after that, on the 18th, I did a British spelling run, and the revision history tells you exactly what the substitution was. (Generally, though, it was the old traditional -ise for -ize switch, as well as a surprising number of switches to caesarian — I guess because of the high number of births on the show.)
  • Finally, on the 20th/21st, I did a multi-hour run that fixed general spelling errors. As with previous runs, the revision notes should tell you exactly what was fixed. One massive thing this particular run found was the need for you to use ordinary, straight single quotes that look like this: ', rather than a more curled, "typographically correct" apostrophe..
Again, thanks for your patience, and don't be afraid to hit me up with any questions!
czechout    fly tardis 08:24: Tue 21 Jul 2020
Thank you so so much for doing this, and I apologise for taking up so much of your time! Danielroxheaps 19:48, July 21, 2020 (UTC)