FANDOM

(Created page with "Okay, just for anyone who might come accross this later. The reaosn I focused on canonicalurl is because it use to enable you to successfully use a query string. However, sinc...")

Line 1: Line 1:
Okay, just for anyone who might come accross this later. The reaosn I focused on canonicalurl is because it use to enable you to successfully use a query string. However, since the URLs it produces are no longer valid with regards to the intended purpose, there isn't much use for it at this point as far as I can tell.
+
Okay, just for anyone who might come accross this later. The reason I focused on canonicalurl is because it use to enable you to successfully use a query string. However, since the URLs it produces are no longer valid with regards to the intended purpose, there isn't much use for it at this point as far as I can tell.

I did some testing of fullurl because it has been a while since I have used it and I forgot exactly what the output is. For internal links, it acts the same as canonicalurl and can be used to include a query string. For interwiki links, it acts similar to the actual interwiki syntax. The only difference is that in-farm interwiki links use a protocol relative path so they are simply displayed as text. However, the external link syntax can be combined with fullurl to turn them into working links. Still can't use a query string though.

I did some testing of fullurl because it has been a while since I have used it and I forgot exactly what the output is. For internal links, it acts the same as canonicalurl and can be used to include a query string. For interwiki links, it acts similar to the actual interwiki syntax. The only difference is that in-farm interwiki links use a protocol relative path so they are simply displayed as text. However, the external link syntax can be combined with fullurl to turn them into working links. Still can't use a query string though.

Latest revision as of 01:28, September 9, 2019

Okay, just for anyone who might come accross this later. The reason I focused on canonicalurl is because it use to enable you to successfully use a query string. However, since the URLs it produces are no longer valid with regards to the intended purpose, there isn't much use for it at this point as far as I can tell.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.