FANDOM

(Created page with "Just to be sure we're all on the same page as far as terminology is concerned… *"info box name" is the name of the infobox template being called for on the page, i.e., "char...")

Line 2: Line 2:

*"info box name" is the name of the infobox template being called for on the page, i.e., "charbox" for characters. This calls the *type* of infobox on many similar pages

*"info box name" is the name of the infobox template being called for on the page, i.e., "charbox" for characters. This calls the *type* of infobox on many similar pages

*then there is a "title field" in the infobox which puts words at the top of an infobox, i.e., "Kim Possible", also not to be confused with such things as "full name=" which can be different from the box's Title

*then there is a "title field" in the infobox which puts words at the top of an infobox, i.e., "Kim Possible", also not to be confused with such things as "full name=" which can be different from the box's Title
*A page/subpage can can be inserted into a field (title or the like) by use of MagicWords <nowiki>{{PAGENAME}} (the complete name of the current page), {{BASEPAGENAME}}, amd {{SUBPAGENAME}}</nowiki>, any of which commands will fill lines in the infobox and or main article controlled by the name of the Page. Using your example (without the brackets), ON "Epic Minigames/Colossal Assault", the following MagicWords will return:
+
*A page/subpage can can be inserted into a field (title or the like) by use of MagicWords <nowiki>{{PAGENAME}} (the complete name of the current page), {{BASEPAGENAME}}, amd {{SUBPAGENAME}}</nowiki>, any of which commands will fill lines in the infobox and or main article controlled by the name of the Page. Using your example, ON "Epic Minigames/Colossal Assault", the following MagicWords (ignoring brackets for this example) will return:

**PAGENAME = Epic Minigames/Colossal Assault

**PAGENAME = Epic Minigames/Colossal Assault

**BASEPAGENAME = Epic Minigames

**BASEPAGENAME = Epic Minigames

Latest revision as of 14:41, November 8, 2019

Just to be sure we're all on the same page as far as terminology is concerned…

• "info box name" is the name of the infobox template being called for on the page, i.e., "charbox" for characters. This calls the *type* of infobox on many similar pages
  • then there is a "title field" in the infobox which puts words at the top of an infobox, i.e., "Kim Possible", also not to be confused with such things as "full name=" which can be different from the box's Title
  • A page/subpage can can be inserted into a field (title or the like) by use of MagicWords {{PAGENAME}} (the complete name of the current page), {{BASEPAGENAME}}, amd {{SUBPAGENAME}}, any of which commands will fill lines in the infobox and or main article controlled by the name of the Page. Using your example, ON "Epic Minigames/Colossal Assault", the following MagicWords (ignoring brackets for this example) will return:
    • PAGENAME = Epic Minigames/Colossal Assault
    • BASEPAGENAME = Epic Minigames
    • SUBPAGENAME = Colossal Assault
  • DISPLAYTITLE controls how the big words at the very top of the page appear. Often used for things like "iPod" when WikiMedia OS always caps the first letter, "IPod"

Any of this help?

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.