FANDOM

Line 1: Line 1:
You seem to be looking at the Top 10 list as being strictly a ''personal'' feature. On the wiki I continued to use it personal lists weren't encouraged (were deleted) and items added to the lists were always monitored. For my use they were wiki-wide polls that were dynamic. A forum thread can't count votes efficiently, blog posts tend to get lost, and I'm pretty sure Discussions can't even make a poll (if I recall correctly Staff was considering a poll support, though I doubt it would provide the same functionality).
+
You seem to be looking at the Top 10 list as being strictly a ''personal'' feature. On the wiki I continued to use it personal lists weren't encouraged (were deleted) and items added to the lists were always monitored. For my use they were wiki-wide polls that were dynamic. A forum thread can't count votes efficiently, blog posts tend to get lost with time (in other words no additional benefit having them in the blog namespace, though it doesn't matter anyways because blogs don't offer the same functionality), and I'm pretty sure Discussions can't even make a poll (if I recall correctly Staff was considering a poll support, though I doubt it would provide the same functionality).

I'm not saying the feature was perfect, but it worked for what we were after. You may believe Maps was a great feature, others aren't going to.

I'm not saying the feature was perfect, but it worked for what we were after. You may believe Maps was a great feature, others aren't going to.

Latest revision as of 15:34, February 8, 2017

You seem to be looking at the Top 10 list as being strictly a personal feature. On the wiki I continued to use it personal lists weren't encouraged (were deleted) and items added to the lists were always monitored. For my use they were wiki-wide polls that were dynamic. A forum thread can't count votes efficiently, blog posts tend to get lost with time (in other words no additional benefit having them in the blog namespace, though it doesn't matter anyways because blogs don't offer the same functionality), and I'm pretty sure Discussions can't even make a poll (if I recall correctly Staff was considering a poll support, though I doubt it would provide the same functionality).

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.