FANDOM

(Created page with "<div class="quote"> LWChris wrote: Will there finally be some possibility to create specialized CSS for mobiles? I developed a large template system that heavily tweaks the us...")

Line 3: Line 3:

Will there finally be some possibility to create specialized CSS for mobiles? I developed a large template system that heavily tweaks the user experience through lots of CSS, but it can't go live because what the parser of useskin=wikiamobile make out of my code is plain awful... Links are dismantled and displayed partly on the screen, icons float around randomly, the hidden list item bullets reappear... I'd like to be able to make wikia use ''my'' classes for the mobile skin.

Will there finally be some possibility to create specialized CSS for mobiles? I developed a large template system that heavily tweaks the user experience through lots of CSS, but it can't go live because what the parser of useskin=wikiamobile make out of my code is plain awful... Links are dismantled and displayed partly on the screen, icons float around randomly, the hidden list item bullets reappear... I'd like to be able to make wikia use ''my'' classes for the mobile skin.

</div>

</div>
Fortunetely you can use [[w:c:rs:Handheld.css|Handheld.css]] from the RuneScape Wiki to do that, but i think it's very unlikely that a globabl stylesheet for that would be applied, as it slows down loading for mobile devices, which is something that Wikia is trying to avoid.
+
Fortunetely you can use [[w:c:rs:Handheld.css|Handheld.css]] from the RuneScape Wiki to do that, but i think it's very unlikely that a globabl stylesheet for that would be applied- at least in the near future- as it slows down loading for mobile devices, which is something that Wikia is trying to avoid.

Latest revision as of 18:58, August 23, 2013

LWChris wrote: Will there finally be some possibility to create specialized CSS for mobiles? I developed a large template system that heavily tweaks the user experience through lots of CSS, but it can't go live because what the parser of useskin=wikiamobile make out of my code is plain awful... Links are dismantled and displayed partly on the screen, icons float around randomly, the hidden list item bullets reappear... I'd like to be able to make wikia use my classes for the mobile skin.

Fortunetely you can use Handheld.css from the RuneScape Wiki to do that, but i think it's very unlikely that a globabl stylesheet for that would be applied- at least in the near future- as it slows down loading for mobile devices, which is something that Wikia is trying to avoid.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.