FANDOM

• Shrev64

Are Videos Any Good?

July 18, 2011 by Shrev64

Hi Community Central, Shre64 here. I'd like to know what you guys think of videos on wikis, especially on gaming wikis. Do you think they're informational, or do they ruin the image of the wiki? What's you're input on videos on wikis?

Read more >
  • SweetSophie19

How do you make a wikia look professional?

I would like to start by getting rid of the 'added by so and so' at the bottom of pictures I've uploaded to my wiki, but I don't know what to to.

Read more >
  • Sirens of Oakvale

Looking around on a few different wikia sites, I found a ton of blog posts. A lot of people get hated on. I have only been to 2 sites when I found one girl who has over 100 comments on her blog post, over 90 of them were hating. On this wiki, I have commented on a post. Somebody is apparently hating someone else because of opinions. I know sometimes, like on the Call of Duty wiki, a lot of hate circulates for one reason or another (i.e competition and competetive gamers) but is it really needed? I just wanted to share my view. :)

I hope you don't mind. I also want to know what you think about it. ~You've Been Silenced Today by User:Sirens of Oakvale :D 15:29, July 17, 2011 (UTC)

Read more >
  • Tama63

The Perfect Theme

July 17, 2011 by Tama63

When Starting a new wiki it is always a good idea to have an eye-catching theme,to hook readers or maybe even editors.An eye-appealing theme can draw in more editors to help your wiki grow,but you the wiki founder ask "how can I do this?"

• Find a perfect tileable image using an image search engine try using these key words :"the subject of your wiki"Tileable Image",you will be able to find an image which tiles perfectly.MAKE SURE IT IS UNDER 100KB and a jpg, gif or png. To add this go to Special:ThemeDesigner find the background section upload your chosen image,tick the tile box and hit save!
    • Now on to the Wordmark,this is the logo of your wiki,it appears on every page so it essential it looks great you can try and make one yourself using Photo…
    Read more >
  • Fandyllic

As a long time wiki admin, I thought I'd make a list of the common things I do on at least a daily or nearly daily basis as an admin to give new admins an idea of what they might be doing or things they might have missed. Sometimes I do checks multiple times a day.

Firstly...

• Check Special:NewPages ("all" namespaces)...
      • A good quick way to look for spammers. Spammers often like to create new fake user pages with spam links. Also they often put obvious titles in pages they create. You will see the pattern after awhile. I tend to delete new spam pages with impunity, but you may be more forgiving.
      • Look for pages that are misspelled or in the wrong namespace. If you see something wrong, you can rename the page or add a note to the page or it's ta…
    Read more >
  • SweetSophie19

I noticed that some wikis are in other languages. Example,[http:// http://shadowtheultimatelifeform.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page http://shadowtheultimatelifeform.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page]

How can I make my wiki into another language like that? Do I have to create another wiki?

Read more >
  • Tama63

Hey !

At the POTCO Players Wiki we are in need of more editors so please join us if you play pirates online "The POTCO Players Wiki is a wiki where you can put your Pirate or Guild Information or any weapons you've created in an article that anyone can edit!"

if not help us out by proofing articles and reporting spam :).

The POTCO Players Wiki Admin team.

Read more >
  • CompliensCreator00

Mean User

July 16, 2011 by CompliensCreator00

There is a user on the Annoying Orange Fanon wikia that needs to be banned. Their username is Supersonicfan23 and they blocked CattailsWelove for no reason! He even said this to him/her (still haven't found out the gender): YOU MAROON. A**HOLE. (and didn't even censor it). Please ban this very mean user.

Read more >
  • Ferbette

SOS

July 15, 2011 by Ferbette

someone is uploading inapproate photos and screwing up http://archiesonic.wikia.com,somebody please help me!-Ferbette (I am a wikia user i just lied about my age to get on here so this why i am concred)

Read more >
  • Batorhos

When making a wiki...

July 15, 2011 by Batorhos

So when I make a wiki, I usually start with some basic stuff. Here is what I would do if I were you.

• Design theme. Usually the background is a tiled picture that looks like it's one big background, or I make it fixed through MediaWiki:Wikia.css, which is usually better for pictures.
    • Add userbox customization (ex: w:c:potcoplayers:Template:Userbox).
    • Add page banner customization (ex: w:c:potcoplayers:Template:PageBanner).
    • Make the main page. I have my own way of making it. I made an export of main page templates a long time ago, and all I do is import them and add the the code to the main page, and upload pictures if needed.
    • Start making pages (we should all know what this mean but for the new guys out there, making a page is adding a content ar…
    Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.