For example:

I visit a page, there's a Blue Wikia Logo

Then I leave the page, then go back...

And see a Yellow Wikia Logo.

(lol)

Thanks.

Read more >
  • Kate Ray91899

I have a alot of unnecessary poll tags near the bottom of my main page on my Wiki . And I HAVE tried clicking the Source button and even tried removing the whole code and it still won't work.

Read more >
  • Kate Ray91899

Ok I'm not sure where to post this but I have a glitch on my Bori Wiki. There are two polls at the bottom which are not going away. I even tried deleting the whole code of the page, doesnt work. help?

Kate (talk ) 22:02, May 27, 2011 (UTC)

Read more >
  • Dopp

A few months ago, we posted some “fun facts” about Wikia, including info about the so-called gender gap, the amount of time users spend on the site, and the fastest growing wikis of the year.

But what about Wikia overall? Did you know, for example, that there are now nearly 3 million registered users? And that every month, 46 million people around the world visit at least one of the wikis in the Wikia network? That’s a 35% growth rate from this time last year.

The best part is, even though many people find us through casual searches, 6 out of every 10 of our visitors are returning users. (If you’re reading this, that’s probably you!) In fact, the most active users visit Wikia more than 200 times per month, or 7 times a day.

So what are you do…

Read more >
  • H Fern

URLs and the such.

May 26, 2011 by H Fern

Thought i hate to admin it, I sometimes think the "subdomain.wikia.com/wiki/This_Page" urls look a bit tacky. I would love it if I could give a link to someone that looks more like "wikia.com/subdomain" and less like "freehosting.wikia.com". It might be a vanity thing, but I would love that even more.

What I propose is that when someone looks up "wikia.com/*" wikia.com first performs an internal search of wikia's own top level wiki. If it finds a match, it will display its own wiki page (akin to wikia.com/index.php?title=*).

However, if it doesn't find it's own page, it will search for a wiki with the subdomain "*". If it finds a wiki with a matching subdomain it will throw a redirect to that wiki's main page (e.g. wikia.com/example -> exa…

Read more >
  • Dopp

Hi everyone! I'm starting this thread as a place to continue some of the discussions going on about the content and policies at Community Central. I'd love to hear your perspectives on what's working, what's not, and which directions we should grow in. Please keep your comments constructive (rants aren't useful) and post your thoughts and ideas below. Thanks!

Read more >
  • Xean

Did you know that a new wiki is created every 6 minutes? There are a ton of different wikis covering every possible topic, from A to Z and everything in between.

At Wikia, we try to provide tips and tricks that will work for most wikis, but every wiki has unique wants and needs. The Wikia staff doesn't have a crystal ball; we don’t always know what information will help your wiki the most. That’s why want to hear from experts like you!

What has really worked for your wiki? How do you get new editors? What do you do when trolls attack? Have you been successful at promoting your pages? Please share your stories of success and victory with the community by commenting below. Make sure to provide a link to your wiki so everyone can share your glo…

Read more >
  • Mr. Grille

New Userpage

May 25, 2011 by Mr. Grille

I am wondering when the new userpage (with other users being able to edit other users userpages) is coming. I have been long awaiting for this and would like to know a rough time.

Read more >
  • KateWolf

Hello I have recently founded a new fanon wiki for the movie Alpha and Omega.I want it to be a success and grow fastly.It would be much apreciated if you would join.It will be much more fun if more people give their oppinions.I hope you consider joining!

Here's the link : http://alphaandomegafanfictionandvideos.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity

Enjoy !

KateWolf 01:32, May 25, 2011 (UTC)

Today we have started a new attraction for the wiki.It is called the wolf pack. Everyone who joins will be part of the wolf pack.It depends if you're an Alph,anOmega or a beta by how many edits and how many badges you have.Only the admins and Bearuticrats will be Alphas.Also the wiki's name has been changed to Alpha and Omega Fanon Wiki.

Have a nice day.

KateWo…

Read more >
  • DaNASCAT

Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.

• We'll be running an A/B test on a new AJAX-based style of page load. This change will create a smoother and faster browsing experience, with less of a delay on page loads. The test will affect 3% of logged-in users.
    • Wikia Labs will be going live to all wikis soon. This is a tool that allows admins to turn experimental features on and off for their wikis. There are no new features in Wikia Labs yet, but this change will make it possible for us to enable Chat for all wikis in a fe…

Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.