FANDOM

• Reviewportal77

Whenever I post a photo on certian pages the photo always goes to the top no matter where I place it! Does anybody know how to fix this?

Read more >
  • Acer4666

I don't want to create a polemic for the sake of stirring up trouble, but I'm a little confused over a few things, and I thought I'd share my thoughts about them.

Recently, Meighan posted in a forum that the reason wikia is making technical updates that break css coding wikia-wide without detailed information on it being given, is that wikia does not support css and we should "use the tools in place". OK - so to customise our wikis' skins, we should only be using Theme Designer, and no css. So far so good.

So let's see what can be done with the theme designer. There's some pre-designed themes available, but we don't wanna use those, I mean in wikia's best practices for their spotlights they demand a customised skin. So what can we do in terms…

Read more >
  • Tama63

The Power of Burs

July 30, 2011 by Tama63

Bureaucrats are like the executive board of a wiki,they manage the wiki and promote others to help them.Like many "boards" you cant demote a Bureaucrat unless you are the powers above(Wikia Helpers and Staff) or unless the Bureaucrat demotes him/herself.On a wiki there is little need for lots of Bureaucrats as they are just required to promote or demote user's user rights by Special:UserRights.

If you feel you need the user right Bureaucrat then here are some top tips on becoming a Bureaucrat.

1. You automatically get Bureaucrat rights when you found a wiki
    2. Don't ask for the Bureaucrat rights,earn them by helping out your wiki's community
    3. Work together with the current Bureaucrats and your actions may not go unnoticed
    4. Don't go round collecting Adm…

Read more >
  • Rakeback1

Welcome!

July 29, 2011 by Rakeback1

Welcome to my blog! Enjoy it.

Soon to come.

Read more >
  • Dser

Infobox borders vote

July 29, 2011 by Dser

Recently, I started thinking of redesigning one of my wikis. Below are two infoboxes using a straight border and a moz border. Please vote on which one you like better

Straight border

Coin

- colspan="2" align="center" valign="top" style="background:;"  
    Coin - }}}}|

colspan=3 style="text-align: center; color: #000000 ; background-color: gold; " Economic information

- }} }| -

class="infoboxlabel" style="}|background: #}|}}" Used by class="infoboxcell" style="}|background: #}|}}; }"

} -

}}|

-

class="infoboxlabel" style="}|background: #}|}}" Value class="infoboxcell" style="}|background: #}|}}; }"

} - |}}}| -

class="infoboxlabel" style="}|background: #}|}}" Years circulated class="infoboxcell" style="}|background: #}|}}; }"

} - |}} - }}}}}}}}}}}}}| ! colspan=3…

Read more >
  • Brainulator9

...you can make people the following:

• an administrator
    • another bureaucrat (can be done only once; that is, for you)
    • a rollbacker
    • a chat moderator (accessible through chat; too secretly enable/disable)
    • "bannedfromchat" (see chatmod)

Others, well, are only accessible to staff. Hope this helps!

Read more >
  • Xean

At Wikia, there are a lot of users who make awesome backgrounds for their wikis. However, not everyone knows how to design and code, so sometimes our Content team will help create skins and wordmarks. We thought it'd be fun to share some of our top tips for creating a unique look on your wiki — that way, you can try playing around with ideas on your own. In the slider, you'll see examples of amazing skins; below, you'll find helpful guidelines:

Read more >
  • GregoryCheyney

I'm just experimenting with features, and I don't really have a lot more to say. What typically goes into a new blog post? How many eyeballs will see this post, anyway?

Read more >
  • Tama63

Often someone will click a link to your userpage so its always good to make a good impression,"No one likes a book without a cover" its the same with Userpages a blank space wont tell anyone about you.In this blog I will be explaining how to spruce up your userpage making it attractive and informative.

Its always to group your userpage into different sections eg. My Wikis,About me and a section about your social networking sites but first its always good to put all your information into a box of some type.I suggest looking around and if you see something you like go into source mode a coping the coding,modifying the colors and taking out their info.

Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, ther…

Read more >
  • Aubryger

Skela-Girls

July 27, 2011 by Aubryger

Come check my band Skela-Girls out on youtube.com and facebook.com please :)

Thank you,

Aubrey Bowie (lead guitarist) :Dx

Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.