FANDOM

• BulldozerD11

As comments cannot be added to the latest staff blog on the "New look Wikia"

• User_blog:Sannse/New_look_roll-out_--_phase_II

I'll start a page for comments directly related to the Roll-out to more wikis from today.

As more users 'discover' the new look I think it will be interesting to see the feedback from people not involved in the beta testing and who do not normally participate in the discussions at central or on the community help forum, be it for or against the new skins features.

Please list what DOES WORK Better and what does NOT WORK for you as a visitor or an editor/contributor, so that hopefully the staff will take onboard the issues raised and make more tweaks/updates to the new look to cure them & hopefully make it workable for the…

Read more >
  • Bioniclepluslotr

Why can't monaco be kept as a skin choice along with the new one? Join petition! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Keep-Wikias-Old-Layout/112378395491589

Read more >
  • Ruin Cireela

New Monaco Stinks

October 20, 2010 by Ruin Cireela

I am seriously mad that the Monaco is changing. I am quitting wikia for this reason. Is there a way to keep your wiki from the Monaco? PEACE!! Ruin Cireela Spam me. Drop me a message! 21:18, October 20, 2010 (UTC)

Read more >
  • Basilmemories

"I would have to disagree on being able to "walk out" at any time. Wikia is holding our contributions hostage.Creative commons says that your work is free to use by the community if you agree to it's use by the aforementioned parties. While things like the articles are a sticky situation (if multiple people contribute), pictures have an easily identifiable source.

And yet trying to delete your images (or all of the information that you've only worked on) is considered vandalism and they'll ban you and reverse your deletions. You can't link to the new location (even if it's self-hosted) because they're "protecting their interests"... even if it goes against the very license they make you agree to when you upload an image or contribute to the s…

Read more >
  • Lapidus7

New Wiki?

October 19, 2010 by Lapidus7

Is anyone else having problems with making a wiki? For some reason it won't let me past the first set of questions.

Read more >
  • TheDramatist

I started learning the ropes of Wikia about a day ago. In that time, I got to see firsthand the drama roll out for the new Wikia skin. Quite a few things shocked me.

1. I can't believe users are getting upset and disgusted at a site appearance change.
    2. It looks like the new Oasis skin was nicked right off of Twitter's new interface. o.O
    3. I was shocked at how nonchalant the Wikia staff have been with the users exclaiming their disgust. From some of the comments I have read, it seemed almost as if they didn't care about the stakeholders who view the ads that make money for Wikia. If there's no dedicated userbase, what's the point of Wikia?
    4. To add to that, some of the major communities that were basically the backbone of operations are leaving, along …
    Read more >
  • Sannse

On Wednesday, we will be moving to the next stage of the roll-out of the new look. The first step will be to switch everyone using Monaco to the new look. We want to make sure that everyone has had a full chance to see it and try it out before the final switch over. If you want to use Monaco for a bit longer, you can change back again via your preferences until November 3rd.

After this, we’ll begin a gradual roll-out of the default setting, with wikis being converted in groups over the coming days. Once this stage is complete, all logged out visitors will see the new look when they visit Wikia.

Included in this release are many changes, including making the Wikia spotlights less prominent on the sidebar -- this will go live next week. In res…

Read more >
  • Saiyn prince 5821

THIS SKIN UGH

October 19, 2010 by Saiyn prince 5821

who the hell wants to stop this

Read more >
  • SuperFusion

Help!!!

October 18, 2010 by SuperFusion

How do you create user boxes????????

Read more >
  • GT4 Man

Help Me

October 18, 2010 by GT4 Man

Hlp GT4 Man

http://granturismofour.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.