FANDOM

• Pvgreenzebra

I enjoy editing on wikis, and I am really involved in two, so I would like to take up another one or two. I ralize there are contributer requests all over these pages, but whenever I went wading - no matter what I did - I couldn't find any.

As for my interests: I enjoy math quite a lot, expescially algebra and geometry, I also enjoy words and their meanings, and also enjoy working with computer software - not too good at programming, though! I enjoy reading and making mini-movies. I extremely enjoy music. I am able to play the piano, and I used to play the clarinet, but I switched to oboe.

Even if the wiki doesn't correspond to these interests, I'd still like to hear anyway!

Thank you for helping me out!

Read more >
  • Dopp

Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.

• After a delay in the review process with Apple, the LyricWiki app is now live in the iTunes store for iPhone.

• Section titles were sometimes missing from Preview window in the new editor redesign.
    • Digest messages for wiki founders were showing some database code instead of wiki names in some cases.
    • Search suggestions weren't handling namespaces properly.

• The Search field on Community Central now searches Community Central by default (rather than all of Wikia).

• In some new wikis, foun…

Read more >
  • Bermuda

So you want to request for user rights on a wiki? Well, why don't you make sure you know how to request?

This blog is merely a user's opinions. If you feel discouraged by these opinions, why don't you leave a comment below for your opinions?

• meet the wiki's requirements for requesting user rights. Without meeting these requirements, you're less likely to "win" those rights.
    • work hard in the wiki. Put some dedication to the wiki!
    • be active in the wiki. I don't know who you are if my eyes are seeing nothing from you.
    • talk to users. It might help you out.
    • beg for rights. Wait, oops wrong category.

• use those baddest grammer. Try to think that you're applying for a job. The better you speak/write, the more likely you'll succeed. Besides, I no understa…

Read more >
  • Sclera1

I have recently created the wikia for stuff about The Kingdom video game dualogy ("The Far Reaches" and "Shadoan") and its predecessor, "Thayers Quest". All of them had a lot of lore inside them which literally begged for a wikia about it. I need some help with creating the new aeticles and gathering the information for it. if you have the game, and even better the manual it would be very helpful. I have the first game, but i cannot seem to find the manual containing useful information. Any help there is extremely appreciative.

The wikia's name is

www.kingdomoflathan.wikia.com

cheers

Read more >
  • Ralok

John Carter wiki

July 18, 2011 by Ralok

Okay friends I am going to make this as brief as possible, I need some major help with the John Carter wiki encyclopedia barsoomia. The content being covered is getting a major boost this year and the next.

Click this to transport yourself to the amazing wiki

First off there are three ongoing comic series that the wiki covers from dynamite comics, one of which is getting its first issue this month. Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars : Dejah thoris, and Warlord of Mars Fall of barsoom

Marvel comics is releasing TWO series this year based upon John Carter, John Carter : princess of mars, and John Carter : Warlord of mars.

Also released this year (earlier this year) was the darkhorse reprints of the old John Carter comics, John Carter of Mars :Weir…

Read more >
  • Kevdog118

NEW Cockatiel Wikia

July 18, 2011 by Kevdog118

Hello everyone! My username is kevdog118, and I just created a cockatiel wikia! In a month or two, I will probably have a decent site running. Please leave comments!

Read more >
  • Roads

Admin Messages

July 18, 2011 by Roads

Everyone knows that staff can send messages across Wikia. Well, I think admins should be able to do that across their wiki. Here is my plan to use it.

Every two weeks on Saturday, a newsletter is sent out to users who subscribed on my wiki. But not every user gets it. I was thinking about sending a notification that says "Newsetter Issue Number is out. Click here." "Click here" would link to the issue's page. If any staff memeber is looking at this, please respond. Any user may also say whether or not they like this idea. It would be sent at something like "Special:SendMessage," and a shortcut to it would be in the "My Tools" menu, and only admins could do it.

(˙puoʎǝq ɯoɹɟ ǝɹnʇɐǝɹɔ ǝɥʇ ǝɹɐʍǝq ˙ǝƃɹoǝƃ pןo ǝɹɐʍǝq) spɐoɹ ---****--- 19:04, July …

Read more >
  • TomWellingishot

Help, please.

July 18, 2011 by TomWellingishot

Hey, can someone please help me? Whenever I try to save my edits, I just get this:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: /*id=20110718162529*/ (SQL query hidden)from within function "ExternalStoreDB::store". Database returned error "1637: Too many active concurrent transactions (10.8.38.34)".

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Retrieved from "http://houseofnight.wikia.com/wiki/Zoey_Redbird"

Read more >
  • Remnant13

Need help please!

July 18, 2011 by Remnant13

Im trying to rename a page and I want to know if there is a way for me to see that page link to other pages so I can edit them.

Read more >
  • Shrev64

Are Videos Any Good?

July 18, 2011 by Shrev64

Hi Community Central, Shre64 here. I'd like to know what you guys think of videos on wikis, especially on gaming wikis. Do you think they're informational, or do they ruin the image of the wiki? What's you're input on videos on wikis?

Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.